TNEA 2018 Counselling (General category) is starting from July 25, 2018. The counselling process is organized through online mode. A rank list is prepared as per the marks obtained in TNEA 2018. The counselling process comprises of various steps like fee payment, document verification, seat allotment, etc. Counselling will be organized category wise (Vocational, Differently Abled & General).
TNEA 2018 Counselling (Phase III) for Special Reservation Category has been started from July 21, 2018 through offline mode – Click Here
TNEA 2018 Seat Intake
The Seat Allocation is based on the conditions accepted and laid down by the government of the state. The percentage reservation of seats for different categories is given below:
|Other Backward Classes||3.5%|
|Most Backward Classes and De-notified communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||03%|
TNEA 2018 Selection Criteria of General Candidates
The selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying TNEA Examination.
Normalization of Marks
Normalization of marks means that the marks obtained by the students in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by various Boards or Authority are equated with the marks obtained by the students in the same subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalization.
- For Example, if the highest mark secured by the student of State Board of Tamil Nadu in Physics is 100 and the highest mark secured by a student of any other Board in the same subject is 90 both the highest marks will be considered to be equal to 100.
- A merit list is prepared based on the total mark of 200. In cases where more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit among such candidates will be determined in the order of priority as specified below.
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics, Percentage of marks in Physics, Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject, Date of Birth (elder will be given preference) & Random number assigned (higher value will be given preference).
- The overall rank and Community wise rank obtained by the candidates will be published officially on the Anna University website i.e. annauniv.edu.
TNEA 2018 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can check the detailed counselling process from below:
- After the release of merit list, candidates can participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates have to appear for the TNEA counselling as per the prescribed cut-off.
- The counselling will be conducted through online mode.
- To appear in the counselling process, candidates have to download their call letters.
- Call letters can be downloaded through the website by entering their login details.
- Candidates have to register for the counselling & pay the counsleling fee.
- The counselling fee will be INR 5000/- for general and INR 1000/- for SC, SCA, ST belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- After fee payment, candidates can proceed for the document verification process.
- Candidates must bring their original certificate along with their photocopies.
- Candidates have to upload their documents for verification.
- After that, candidates have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- During counselling, candidates have to select a seat from the available seats as per their rank.
- Candidates have to submit at least three choices of colleges and courses.
- Once the seat is allotted, candidates have to collect their allotment order from the allotment order section.
- Candidates have to bring the allotment order to the allotted college to complete the admission process.
- Candidates must report to the allotted college before the due date.
Documents Required for TNEA Counselling
Candidates must carry their original documents along with photocopies for verification. Documents required for verification are listed below:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class or equivalent mark sheet
- 12th class hall ticket
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent community certificate (for reserved categories)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling call letter
- Passport size photographs
TNEA 2018 Admission Process
After the process of counselling is over, the candidates have to go through the TNEA 2018 Admission Process. They have to carry all the relevant documents at the time of admission process and in case a candidate fails to carry them, then his or her candidature will be cancelled.
Admission Of Vocational Stream Candidates
100 seats in Category I and 4 % of seats surrendered in Category II have been set apart for the HSC (vocational stream) candidates.
- The minimum marks required in the relevant subjects will be reduced to 200 (Related subject 100 marks, vocational subject including theory and practical 100 marks).
- Amongst the 3 % of Vocational seats in Category I and II, the reservation for Differently Abled Persons candidates is 1 % for Orthopedically Differently Abled Persons, 1 % for Hearing Impaired and 1 % for Visually Impaired.
Admission To Sandwich Courses
Sandwich courses are separate form of courses introduced by the university.
- The courses available are in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Production Engineering are offered at PSG College of Technology under self-financing scheme.
- The duration of the course is 5 Years.
- Practical training takes place in the mornings and class work in the evenings.
- An additional fee for practical training has to be paid at the time of admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College