TNEA or Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission is a process conducted for candidates willing to pursue an engineering degree from colleges in Tamil Nadu. Candidates willing to appear for the exam must go through the TNEA eligibility criteria laid down by the authority.
TNEA Application Form 2021 Highlights
|Beginning of TNEA 2021 registration online||1st week of May, 2021|
|Closing of TNEA 2021 online registration||Last week of May, 2021|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Application fee||Rs 500 for General and Rs 250 for Reserved Category|
|Mode of remittance of application fee||Online/Offline|
How to Fill TNEA Application Form 2021?
Candidates should keep in mind that the exam authority will reject an application with incorrect information. If any candidate fails to submit the completed TNEA application form along with fee applicable before the mentioned time, then he/she will not be allowed to participate in the counselling session. Only one application per candidate is allowed.
Thus, it is suggested to keep all the information handy before beginning the procedure of application form filling. Students can follow the steps below to fill their TNEA Application Form 2021:
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link annauniv.edu.
- Once the application form window appears on your screen enter the required information: name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email id, registration number and passing year of 10+2 level.
- Now create a password for security reasons.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP (One Time Password) and click the ‘Register’ tab.
Step 2: Form Filling
After successful registration, candidates will be automatically redirected to the login page. In this page, candidates need to fill in all the information details as asked in the application form.
Post that, he/she can select either ‘SAVE AND LOGOUT’ option or ‘SAVE AND PREVIEW option. The former options allow candidates to make modifications in the application form.
Once the ‘print’ option is clicked, no changes can be made in the application form. Check all the details before printing it out. Though the application reference number will be printed on the application form, still it is advisable to note it down the same for future reference.
Step 3: Remittance of Application Fee
Application forms will not be accepted without the submission of the application fee. The application fee can be submitted only in online mode (Credit Card/Debit card/ Net Banking).
|Name of the category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
Step 4: Taking the print out of the Application Form
Once all the formalities are done, the application form is ready to print. As the forms are to be submitted offline, the filled application form needs to be printed. It is suggested that applicants should keep a hardcopy of the application form with them too for future references.
TNEA Application Form 2021 Details
The details asked in TNEA application form should be entered correctly. Any misleading information can lead to the rejection of the application form. TNEA Application Form 2021 will comprise the following details:
- Name of the Guardian
- Address for correspondence (communication)
- Pin Code
- Name of the Community with code (if any)
- Special Reservation
- Whether the applicant is a recognized sportsperson or not
Details of Family’s First Graduate
This section contains questions like:
- Are you the first graduate in your family?
- Whether your siblings have already enjoyed the benefit of the First Graduation study fee concession for pursuing any professional course?
- Are you willing to avail the AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme?
- Whether you are eligible for ‘Post Matric Scholarship’ or not?
- The annual income of the family
- Mother Tongue
- Mode of instruction
- Occupation of the guardian
- The civic status of Native place
- The civic status of the school
- The district from which a candidate belongs
The following documents must be enclosed with the application form at the time of submission:
- 10+2 level Mark-sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Standard X result
- 10+2 level Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Nativity e-Certificate (digitally signed, if any)
- First Graduate Certificate/ First Graduate Joint Declaration (optional)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (optional)
- Original copy of Space Reservation Form with DD
Also Check TNEA Reservation
TNEA Application Form 2021 FAQs
Question: When can we fill our TNEA Application Form 2021?
Ans. Anna University, Chennai is expected to release TNEA Application Form 2021 tentatively in May 2021.
Question:What are the web browsers that support TNEA Application Form 2021?
Ans. The official web portal of TNEA application form supports all of the popular browsers. Only older versions of the Internet Explorer cannot be used.
Question: Is it mandatory to note down our TNEA Application Number?
Ans. TNEA application number should be noted until the counselling procedure. The counselling call letter, rank list, random number and application status are all related to the application number.
Question: How do I recover my TNEA portal password in case it is lost?
Ans. Click the ‘forgot password’ option on the TNEA login page to reset the password. You need to enter the email ID, date of birth, mobile number and verification code.
Question: What if the receipt is not generated after TNEA application fees are paid?
Ans. In case of the payment being done and the receipt not being generated, there is no need to pay again. Just email the details of TNEA 2021 payment confirmation to the concerned authorities.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.