UPES DAT 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus and Cut off
Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). Popularly referred to as UPES DAT, the entrance exam is conducted to enroll candidates in various design courses offered by the college under its School of Design Studies (SoDS). The courses are available at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The official schedule for UPES DAT will be released shortly at www.upes.ac.in. Each year, the examination is conducted in online mode, followed by presentation of portfolio and an interview. Candidates having a valid CEED Score will be exempted from the online examination.
|UPES DAT Eligibility||UPES DAT 2019 Application Form||UPES DAT 2019 Admit Card|
Highlights of UPES DAT 2019
|Exam name||UPES DAT (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)|
|Mode of UPES DAT||Online|
|Medium of UPES DAT||English|
|Duration of UPES DAT||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Type | Max. Ques.||Objective Type Multiple Choice, 25|
|Number of seats||140 in B Des and 60 in M Des|
UPES DAT Programs Offered
|Transportation and Mobility Design||Transportation Design|
|Industrial and Product Design||Industrial Design|
|Communication and Media Design (Graphics/ Interaction/ Animation & VFX)||Interaction design|
|Interior and Retail Spaces||(-)|
UPES DAT 2019 Dates
The official dates for the examination will be available shortly. Till then, candidates can go through the following table to get an idea of the exam’s timeline:
|Last date for filling UPES DAT Application Form for B.Des||April 3, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card available||April 2019|
|Exam Date for B.Des||April 11-14, 2019|
|Interview Date for B.Des.||Second week of April 2019|
|Last date for filling UPES DAT Application Form for second session M.Des||April 22, 2019|
|Exam Date (M.Des.)||April 27, 2019|
|Interview Date for M.Des.||May 6, 2019|
|UPES DAT 2019 Result||June 17, 2019|
UPES DAT 2019 Eligibility
For both the undergraduate and post-graduate programs, the eligibility criteria for UPES DAT 2019 will be different.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des Course
- Candidates should pass class 12 from a recognized school board with atleast 50% marks in both their Class 10 and Class 12 and aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be at least 50% if they want to sit for UPES DAT 2019 entrance exam.
- Candidates can also get admission to UPES DAT B.Des course without appearing for the exam. For this they must fulfill either of the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates should atleast secured 65% marks in Class 10 and Class 12 Or
- Candidates should secure atleast 50% in Class 10 and Class 12 and should clear JEE MAIN or UCEED exam.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Course
- If candidates possess a valid CEED score, they can get admission in M.Des courses at UPES without appearing for the entrance test.
- They should score atleast 50% in class 10 and class 12.
- Either they should complete B.Tech/BE in any discipline/BFA (4 years duration) or they should complete BArch/B.Des/ BSc in Design (3 years) plus one year of foundation course of Applied Arts with atleast 50% marks. CheckUPES DAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1996 are eligible for admission.
- Date of Birth as given in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be considered valid.
UPES DAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill UPES DAT 2019 Application Form either in the online or offline mode.
UPES DAT 2019 Application Form and prospectus can be purchased for INR 1750 personally from admission counters at Ahmedabad, Delhi, Cochin, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Dehradun, Kolkata and Mumbai.
In the offline mode, registration forms for UPES DAT 2019 can also be purchased by sending a demand draft in favor of UPES Fee Account, payable at New Delhi. The address where the DD is to be sent is:
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies,
UPES, 210, 2nd Floor,
Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020
In the online mode, candidates can fill the application form on the official website of the college www.upes.ac.in.
- Visit the site www.upes.ac.in.
- Click on the link as per domicile status – Indian Resident or Foreign Resident.
- A sign-up form is displayed. Sign up to buy the Admission Prospectus.
- Fill up all the details including the program that you are interested in.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
- You will receive an email at your registered email-id.
- Click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify your email id.
- Now your account is activated.
- Now fill up the Application Form online and follow the instructions given therein.
- After submitting the Application Form, Pay Online for UPES Prospectus and Application form.
- After completing the submission process successfully, take a copy of the completed application form for your future reference.
- On successful submission of your form, you will get an online application/registration number. Please store this number carefully for future reference.
The application fee for UPES DAT 2019 can be paid either online (by means of Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking) or by Demand Draft/Cash.
|Student’s Information||Application Fee|
|Indian Students||INR 1850 through online payment or demand draft|
|Indian Students||INR 1750 through cash|
|Foreign Students||US$ 75 (as per the prevailing conversion rate)|
UPES DAT 2019 Admit Card
With the submission of UPES DAT Application Form, admit card will be issued to eligible candidates few days before the entrance test. All admit cards will be released online. Candidates need to download and take a print-out of their UPES DAT 2019 Admit Card from the official website of UPES.
- Visit the site www.upes.ac.in.
- Search for the “Admit Card” options.
- Click on “UPES Admit Card” link.
- Select your desired course and exam
- Fill in the registered details and submit
- Your UPES DAT 2019 Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Download it and take print-outs of the same.
- Affix your photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
UPES DAT 2019 Exam Centers
Candidates can refer to the following table for filling up the OMR/ Online Application form. Candidates are cautioned to fill the City code and shade correctly as the allotment of required test city will be based on this information only. Candidates need to give both first & second choice as per their city preference in OMR/Online Application form.
The test centers with their center code for UPES DAT Exam are given below:
UPES DAT 2019 Exam Pattern
UPES DAT 2019 for B.Des and M.Des programs will be conducted in online mode. Their details have been given below:
- UPES DAT 2019 Exam Pattern comprises objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will be 25 questions in total, carrying 4 marks each.
- Time duration to complete the paper will be 60 minutes.
- 2 marks will be deducted from each wrong answer.
UPES DAT 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights Table:
|Mode of Examination||Online (B.Des) Online (M.Des)|
|Number of Questions||Online: 25|
|Maximum Marks||Online 100|
|Duration of Exam||Online: 60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||Online: 4 sections|
UPES DAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for each section is given below:
- General English- Precise and other descriptive questions, Essay, error recognition; spellings, vocabulary, sentence structure, synonyms, grammar and its usage, antonyms, phrases & idiomatic use of words.
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency- Graphs and tables, Data Interpretation based on text, Column graphs, Line charts, Bar Graphs, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, Graphs representing Area, Critical reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Visual Reasoning, Assertion and Reasons, identifying Valid Inferences, Statements and Assumptions, Identifying Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Statements and Conclusions, Probably False, Definitely False kind of Statement, Definitely True, Linear arrangements, Puzzles, Matrix Arrangements, Syllogisms, Family Free – Identifying Relationship among Group of People, Functions, Symbol Based Problems, Sequencing, Coding and Decoding, Identifying Next Number in Series.
- General Awareness- Business, Current Affairs, Punch Line of Companies, Major Corporate Events, Top Officials of Big Companies, Books and Authors, History, Science, Geography, International, Famous Award and Prizes, Sports, World Records, Finance, Social Issues, Automobiles, Entertainment, Important quotations, Politics.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning- Cause and Effect, Statements and Conclusions, Identifying Probably False, Probably True, Definitely True, Linear Arrangements, Definitely False Kind of Statement, Symbol-Based Problems, Matrix Arrangements, Direction Puzzles, Logical Buzzles, Relations Ship Puzzles.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Applied Physics||A.K Jha|
|English Language Comprehension||Multiple Authors|
|NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam Guide (01 Edition)||Dharmendra Mittal|
|NIFT / NID and IIFT Entrance Exam 2014||Mittal D|
UPES DAT 2019 Result
UPES DAT 2019 Result will be declared in March 2019 for February session and by June 2019 for May session. The list of shortlisted candidates for B.Des/M.Des programs will be declared at the official website of the university. Candidates can check their result on the website at www.upes.ac.in, by providing their application and roll number. Students who qualify the exam will be called for counseling and work portfolio presentation. All necessary documents and portfolio need to be presented at the time of interview and all the admission related formalities will be completed at that time only.
UPEC DAT 2019 Cut off
UPES will announce the cut off of UPES DAT 2019 for admissions to B.Des courses for the session 2019-19 soon after the declaration of the result. Candidates need to secure the cut off marks or minimum percentage of marks required for admissions to B.Des and M.Des courses offered by UPES. Those who secure the minimum cut off are called for counseling process.
UPES DAT 2019 Counselling
UPES will conduct the counselling of UPES DAT 2019 for those candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test. Those who are eligible based on their JEE or UCEED ranks, will have their names listed on the merit list released on the official website.
- The counselling for admission will be conducted separately for the JEE Main 2019 and UCEED qualified candidates.
- UPES will follow a centralized counselling for UPES DAT 2019.
- The counselling letter will be allotted to eligible candidates.
- As per the ranking, candidates will be called for counselling.
- All the essential documents will have to carried by the candidate for the verification purpose.
Candidates need to carry the following documents at the counselling center:
- UPES DAT 2019 Counseling letter
- Four recent passport size photographs
- UPES DAT 2019 Admit Card
- Original and photo copies of mark sheets of Class 10 and 12
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College