UPES DAT 2021 Application Form has been released on the official website of UPES and last date to apply is June 24, 2021. Applications forms are available in both online and offline mode. UPES DAT 2021 will be conducted on June 26, 2021. Candidates willing to take admission in B.Des and M.Des courses can go apply for the exam. Candidate must understand UPES DAT Eligibility for the desired course, before filling the form.
- After activating the account through email and setting a password, make the required payment through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Indian Residents will have to pay INR 1850, while Foreign Residents will have to pay US$ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate) as application fees.
- Application forms can also be obtained by paying through demand draft or cash.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test (UPES DAT) is an annual exam for aspirants seeking admission in various UG and PG design courses. Admissions are offered by School of Design Studies (SoDS) at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). Read on to know more about the application form, fee and other details related to the same.
UPES DAT Registration Dates
UPES DAT 2021 Registration Dates
To successfully fill UPES DAT 2021 Application Form, the candidate must keep a track of the important dates associated with opening and closing of online registration, last date to submit fees and the date of examination.
|Availability of UPES DAT Prospectus and Online Form||Available|
|Last date to fill the application form (Ongoing Phase)||June 24, 2021|
|UPES DAT exam date (Ongoing Phase)||June 26, 2021|
UPES DAT Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for each course are different. Candidate must carefully understand their academic qualifications and eligibility for desired course, before filling UPES DAT 2021 Application Form. Following is the eligibility criteria for each course -
- Both Indian and Foreign Residents are eligible to appear for exam
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des Courses
- Candidate should be born on or after October 1, 1997
- Examination Pathway- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th (Higher & Senior Secondary level)
- Non-Examination Pathway- Candidate must have scored at least 65% in Board exams of 10th and 12th class. Candidate should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th class by JEE Mains/UCEED Merit List.
Eligibility Criteria for BFA
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th class in any stream
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Courses
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th (Higher & Senior Secondary level)
- Candidate should have pursued a 4-year course of B.Des, B. Tech, BE in any discipline, B. Arch or BFA
- Candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in any of the above-mentioned undergraduate courses
How to Fill UPES DAT Form
How to Fill UPES DAT 2021 Application Form?
Application form and prospectus for UPES DAT 2021 can be purchased and filled by applicants both through online and offline mode. Candidate must ensure that he/she keeps all the documents ready, before commencing online registration.
Following are the steps to be followed by candidates for online purchase and submission of application form -
Step 1 - Registration
- Candidates first need to go to the official website of UPES, www.upes.ac.in and click ‘Apply Online’.
- The candidate will then reach the webpage ‘Online Application Form’. On this page, the candidate must select whether he/she is an Indian Resident or Foreign Resident.
- After selecting one of the options (Indian Resident or Foreign Resident), the candidate will reach webpage for new registration by clicking on ‘Register Now With UPES’.
- After this, the candidate will reach Step 1 of Registration, where Applicant Details must be filled. Details involved are Name, Course in which admission is being sought, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Nationality (with details on Country, State and City) and Source through which candidate got to know about the exam.
- All the above details must be carefully and correctly filled since these will be used for further correspondence. Once the form is filled, the candidate will click the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Confirmation screen for application form will appear, stating that candidate now needs to check their email ID where activation link to proceed with a registration has been sent.
Step 2 – Set Password
- Candidate will login into his/her email account, where an email from UPES (email@example.com) would have come, with the activation link. The candidate will then click on ‘Activate now’ tab in the email
- Candidate will now reach Step 2 of the registration process, where the password has to be set.
- On setting the password, Application No. for the candidate will be generated, along with a confirmation that password has been successfully sent.
- Candidate will then click on the ‘Proceed’ tab.
Step 3- Make Payment
- Now candidate will reach Step 3, which is ‘Go for Payment’. On this page, the candidate will also get the option to download both Prospectus and Information Bulletin
- After downloading both files, the candidate needs to click on ‘Proceed to Pay’ tab
- Candidate will now reach a secure webpage to make an online payment for registration.
- Online payment for application fees can be done through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking of any bank
- The amount will depend upon the selection done in the first step, between Indian Resident and Foreign Resident
- For Indian Residents, the application fee is INR 1850, while for Foreign Residents application fee is US$75. The actual amount of application fee received from Foreign Residents will depend upon the prevailing currency conversion rate in India
- After making a payment, the candidate will receive payment confirmation
Step 4 – Fill Academic Details and Upload Images
- Candidate will then reach Step 4, which is the final step, where he/s she will have to fill all the required academic details.
- Candidate will also have to select preferred cities for taking the exam.
- Scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and a signature will have to be uploaded in the prescribed format.
- After carefully filling all details and reviewing them, the candidate will submit the form to successfully complete registration.
The application form should not be submitted before all the required details have been filled in information fields of the application form. ‘Back’ tab on the toolbar of browser should not be clicked anytime during the online application process. Only the links and tabs present on the webpage should be used to move across pages of the application process.
Candidate must not forget to take a print out of completed application form, after successful completion of the submission process. Print out is necessary for future reference. Application number generated on the submission Application form must also be saved by a candidate for future reference
Candidates can also obtain examination prospectus and application form through offline mode. There are two offline methods through which they can be purchased –
- By Demand Draft Candidate needs to get a demand draft made in favour of ‘UPES Fee Account’, payable at New Delhi. The amount of demand draft should be INR 1850. Demand draft should be sent to ‘University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office, UPES, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020’ to obtain prospectus and application form.
- By Cash Prospectus and application for examination can also be purchased by making a cash payment of INR 1750 at various admission counters that are in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Details in Application Form
Candidate must carefully and correctly fill all details asked in UPES-DAT 2021 Application Form, before submitting it. Following are the details to be filled by the candidate
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name||Enter the first name, middle name and last name|
|Father’s Name||Fill the name of the father|
|Mother’s Name||Fill the name of the mother|
|Address||Enter an address with complete details including pin code|
|Date of Birth||Enter birth date with a year of birth|
|Program to be Pursued||Enter which course candidate wants to pursue (Under Graduate and Post Graduate) and further which program under the selectee course candidate wants to pursue|
|Nationality||Which country candidate belongs to|
|Enquiry Source & Sub Source||From where candidate heard about UPES DAT and then further the specific source|
|Gender||Choose from male, female or transgender|
|Academic Details||Fill in details regarding 10th, 12th and graduation, including marks and university from which course has been pursued|
|Mobile Number||Enter correctly for further correspondence|
|Email ID||Enter correctly for further correspondence|
|Photograph||Upload latest photograph|
|Signature||Upload valid signature|
|Choice of Centers||Select three preferred centers for examination|
Retrieve Password or Application Number
- In case the candidate forgets his/her, it can be retrieved by clicking on the ‘Forgot password’ tab on the login page.
- Enter your email ID, provided at the time of registration.
- After entering email ID, click ‘Submit’ tab and candidate will receive confirmation that password details have been sent to registered email ID.
- Candidate will subsequently receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with password details, which can be used to login into account.
UPES DAT Application Form FAQs
UPES DAT Application Form FAQs
Question: Can the candidate secure a bank loan to pursue an education at UPES? Does UPES have any nationalized or private banking partners?
Ans. Candidates can secure a loan to fund their education at UPES. Further, to facilitate and ease out the potential students of UPES, University has established formal partnerships with State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce, which are leading nationalized banks. Candidates can remain assured about expenses because they are allowed to cover all their expenditures including Course Fee, Hostel Fee etc., in their loan application.
Question: Do B.Des and M.Des courses have any reservation or quota of any kind?
Ans. UPES does not have any reservation or quota of any sort for admission into B.Des and M.Des courses.
Question: Can candidate request for change in examination center?
Ans. Candidates cannot put any requisition for change in examination center. Once the examination centre has been allotted by UPES, the candidate will have to abide by it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.