The top medical colleges in Chhattisgarh in 2020 include AIIMS Raipur, ITM University, Raipur, Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science (SSIMS), Bhilai, CIMS Bilaspur and many other names. These colleges offer various medical courses across all levels of education, including MBBS, MD, BAMS, BPT, DNB, etc.
|Top Private Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh||Top Government Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh|
- There are 25 medical colleges in the state including 13 government and 12 private colleges. These colleges cover most of the medical specializations including Surgery, Ayurved, Community Medicine, Yoga, ENT, and Unani Medicine.
- Out of these, there are 8 MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh, while 10 have the approval of UGC.
- NEET and NEET PG are the only exams which are considered for admission in the best medical colleges in Chhattisgarh. AIIMS Raipur MBBS cutoff in 2018 was 1145 for General category students and 23,579 for ST students. Check detailed NEET Cutoff.
- At present, there are 700+ total MBBS seats in Chhattisgarh in the 2019 survey.
- Medical students don’t get any proper campus recruitment placement like Engineering and Management Students. In most of the cases, students start practising with doctors and earn internships with adeqaute stipends.
Check theTop MBBS Colleges in Chhattisgarh
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh: Ranking 2020
There are various ranking agencies in India which release the list of top colleges in India every year. Some of the top ranking agencies are NIRF, India Today, The Week, Outlook, etc., and the streams covered by them are Medical, Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Law, Dental, Hotel Management, etc.
Almost every agency releases a list for the Top Medical Colleges in India every year. AIIMS New Delhi is ranked as the best medical college in India by almost every ranking agency. Unfortunately, none of the top medical colleges in Chhattisgarh has managed to feature in any of these lists. These agencies release a list of only top 30-40 medical colleges in India, and that might be a reason for none of the Chhattisgarh Medical Colleges getting ranked.
Read More:Medical College in Bhilai Chattisgarh
Still, to make it easy for you, we are listing the top medical colleges in Chhattisgarh, as ranked by our survey at Collegedunia.
|College Name||Collegedunia Rating|
|Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur||7.0|
|MATS University, Raipur||5.7|
|ITM University, Raipur||5.0|
|Shri Rawatpura Sarkar University, Raipur||4.6|
|ISBM University, Raipur||4.3|
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh: Cut off 2019
Given below are the Chhattisgarh Medical College Cut off details of top colleges like AIIMS Raipur, CIMS Bilaspur, etc. Each college releases a different cut off, and the students who reach the cut off ranks are eligible to apply for admission in these colleges.
|Government Medical College, Ambikapur||6295-7896||45176-45176||66331-66331|
|Late Shri Lakhi Ram Agrawal Memorial Government Medical College||7020-8014||49879-49879||70010-70010|
|Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College||812-5114||35676-37457||51537-51537|
|Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur||3913-6905||43133-46902||53916-61182|
|Late Baliram Kashyap Memorial Govt. Medical College, Jagdalpur||7280-9085||44668-49432||72366-72366|
|Government Medical College, Rajnandgaon||7098-8891||29524-49980||68260-68260|
- The above table shows the cutoff details only for MBBS course offered by these colleges in Chhattisgarh.
- For AIIMS Raipur, the cutoff given is of AIIMS MBBS exam which was conducted till 2019. Now, only NEET will be considered by every college across India.
- Some of these colleges also release a separate cutoff score for the OBC category students.
These are just a few insights in the cutoff scores. Check detailed cutoff by clicking on the links below.
|CIMS Bilaspur Medical Cutoff||Pt. JLN Memorial Medical College Raipur Cutoff|
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh: Admission Process
There are a total of 25 medical colleges in Chhattisgarh out of which 12 are private and 13 are in the public sector. Look at the chart below to understand this public:private ratio.
Source: Official Website
- The entrance exams accepted by the medical colleges in Chhattisgarh are NEET and NEET PG.
- A total of 8 colleges offer admission through NEET while only 1 college offers admission through NEET PG.
ITM University, Raipur
It is a private institute owned by the ITM Group of Institutions. ITM University, Raipur was established in 2012 and is recognised by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC).
- The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as BSc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT), B Optometry, BBA, BTech, M Optometry, MSc Biochemistry, etc.
- The university also offers an integrated program namely BBA LLB with a total duration of 5 years.
- Admissions in the medical courses of ITM University, Raipur are done on the basis of marks scored in NEET exam. For the PG courses, NEET PG score is considered.
- The average fees of the undergraduate program like BSc Medicine at ITM University is INR 34,000 per year for the students.
AIIMS Raipur or the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur is one of the 15 operational AIIMS in India, established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is spread over an area of 103.6 acres with a hospital, college and residential complex.
- AIIMS Raipur offers programs such as Master of Public Health, PhD programmes, Paramedical and certificate courses, Post-Doctoral Certificate courses, etc.
- AIIMS has an entrance exam for MBBS with cut off as 1145 for General category, 2074 for the OBC, 13607 for SC and 23579 for ST.
- The institute had its individual entrance exam for MBBS course and did not ask for NEET results. But according to the latest decision of the government, NEET will be the only exam cosidered for admissions in all the top MBBS colleges in India now onwards.
The following shows the courses offered at AIIMS Raipur with their fees structure.
|Course Name||Total Fees|
|BSc (Operation Theatre Technology)||INR 3,165|
|BSc (Medical Technology in Radiography)||INR 3,165|
|BSc (Nursing)||INR 1,685|
|Master of Public Health||INR 5,856|
AIIMS Raipur also offers Postdoctoral Certificate in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Imaging, Paediatric Critical Care, Neurological Anaesthesia, and many more.
The following graph shows the total number of seat intake for the courses offered in AIIMS:
Source: Official Website
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur
CIMS Bilaspur was established in the year 2001 as an undergraduate institution. The institute is run and funded by the state government of Chhattisgarh.
- It offers MBBS with an annual intake of 180 seats. The course curriculum is approved by MCI and affiliated to Pt. Dindayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science and Ayush University.
- Admission to CIMS Bilaspur is made through merit scored in NEET conducted by NTA.
- A total of 85% seats are reserved for state-quota students while other 15% are for All India quota students.
- The medical institute is equipped with world class infrastructural facilities including hostels, auditorium, laboratories, Wi-fi campus, and many more.
|Top Medical Colleges in Raipur||Top Medical Colleges in Bilaspur||Top Medical Colleges in Durg|
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh: Entrance Exam Wise
Entrance exams are required by the top medical colleges in Chhattisgarh for admissions into their courses. For the medical courses the accepted exams are NEET and NEET PG. Students who clear these exams and make the cutoffs of the respective colleges can apply for admissions. Given below are the exams and their details.
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh Accepting NEET Score
NEET is an examination conducted by the NTA, set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- It is required for admission to MBBS/BDS courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognised Medical/Dental & other Colleges/Institutes in India.
- The application form must be submitted online only.
- It consists of only a single stage and the questions are all objective.
- The syllabus for the exam includes Physics, Chemistry and Biology (both Botany and Zoology)
- NEET is a pen and paper test done on a specially designed machine gradable paper. The exam is of 3 hours with a total of 180 questions of 720 marks.
- Physics and chemistry have 45 questions each while biology has 90 questions.
Some of the top medical colleges in Chhattisgarh accepting NEET score are as follows:
- AIIMS Raipur
- Ayush and Health Science University
- Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Medical College
- CIMS Bilaspur
- Government Medical College, Rajnandgaon
|Government Medical College Rajnandgaon||Ambikapur Medical College|
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh Accepting NEET PG Score
NEET PG or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Post Graduate) is organised by the National Board of Examinations
- This test is required for admissions into courses such as MD, MS and Graduate Diploma courses.
- The submission of application forms is only available online and will not be accepted offline.
- The exam is a computer based test with multiple choice questions.
- The syllabus comprises of the subjects according to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The exam is of 3 hours and 30 minutes with a total of 300 MCQs. The question paper is divided into three parts (A,B, and C), consisting of 50, 00 and 150 MCQs respectively.
|Top Medical Colleges in Odisha||Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka||Top Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
Top Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh: FAQs
Ques. Name some of the best medical colleges in Chhattisgarh.
Ans. Some of the best medical colleges in Chhattisgarh are AIIMS, Raipur, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, ITM University and many more.
Ques. Can a student apply for admissions without giving the NEET entrance exam?
Ans. The requirement of NEET depends on the college one applies to. Some colleges demand the entrance exam results while others simply give admissions on merit basis. However, more than 90% of the medical colleges give admission only on the basis of NEET score.
Ques. What rank is required for admission into GMC Raipur through the all India quota?
Ans. An All India Rank of 4000 or higher is the minimum that should be aimed for, according to the previous trends of cut- off.
Ques. What is the difference between BSc (Medicine) and MBBS?
Ans. If a student wishes to study medicine, then correct choice is MBBS as BSc (Medicine) dwells more into the biochemistry and making of drugs, etc. Another major difference is that BSc is a three year course, while MBBS is a 5 year course.