BHU establishes BioNest to promote Entrepreneurship and Startups
BHU (Banaras Hindu University) is preparing to promote and nurture new entrepreneurs and startups. This kind of promotion is to be done in the field of healthcare, agritech, life sciences, biotechnology, food technology, and similar departments.
BHU has planned to establish BioNest (Bioincubator for Nurturing Entrepreneurship for Scaling Technologies) to provide assistance to research and startups in these specific areas.
As per the Director of the Institute of Science, Prof. Anil Tripathi, it has been stated regarding BIRAC (Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council) has provided Rs.6 Crore to InnoRestech Foundation to conceive the BioNest facility.
Additionally, BIRAC has also funded Rs.3 crores as the first grant to initiate the course. The same will be operated in the building of the Central Discovery Centre(CDC).
Read More: BHU Admission
InnoRes Tech Foundation: Highlights
- It is a non-profit organization created to promote science-based innovations.
- The same has been done to promote industrial entrepreneurs.
- Under this program, better facilities and space will be provided for 15 incubators.
- Better opportunities will be provided to opt for their translational ideas and commercialization potential towards successful outcomes.
- This program of BioNest facility will improve and groom up young minds leading them to excel and explore exponentially in this kind of field.
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship will be the ultimate goal in 2020 as per the NEP(New Education Policy) 2020.
- This will create an ecosystem to encourage trends of the startups thereby creating hospitals and mentorships etc.
Read More: IIT BHU GATE Cutoff and Selection Process