Modern era is the era of Globalization. Businesses are expanding rapidly and no corporate body wants to keep itself limited to the boundaries of a single nation or economy. With increasing reach of businesses and economies becoming more and more open, there is a need of managers who are experts in maintaining and controlling the international side of a business.
For expertise in International Business Management, many institutes all around the world have started providing a specialized Post-Graduate. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, commonly known as IIFT is the pioneer institute in India offering MBA (IB). It conducts its entrance exam, IIFT Exam, to admit students to its prestigious course.
Often, students doing Post Graduation in International Business are offered a variety of roles, which makes this course a great option for career. There are some specific subjects which are taught to students in MBA in International Business, which makes this course distinct from a regular MBA.
The benefits are endless. And the scope, placement and salary packages are lucrative too. We have curative all that you need to know about MBA (IB) and why it should be your chosen course. Read on to know.
Read Why International Business Should be the Top Goal for MBA Pass Outs?
MBA in International Business by IIFT – Scope and Career Prospects
- Since it is a quite obvious fact that corporate world is going to expand forever and new and existing businesses will look to tap new markets forever, the scope of an MBA in International Business is very high.
- After attaining the specialization in International Business Management in India, a candidate can look to have jobs in Indian and Foreign MNCs.
- Jobs for a person who is an MBA in International Business generally involves international assignments in various countries, while some people are given roles to manage one particular international market only.
Let us take a look at some roles that an MBA in International Business Management offers:
- International Logistics Manager
- International Project/Campaign Manager
- International Market/Business Development Manager
- International Business Consultant
- International Finance Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- Export and Import Managers
- Global Investment Researcher
- Market Risk and Credit Analysis Manager
- Global Sales Manager
- Product Manager
- Accounts Manager
- Brand Manager
As it is easily visible that number and diversity of roles after doing an MBA in International Business is not less, which makes it a quite impressive course in current scenario.
MBA in International Business by IIFT- Course Curriculum
Students of MBA (IB) are taught a lot of subjects which are important from international aspect, in addition to the regular management subjects taught in all kinds of MBA.
Here are some topics that are taught in MBA (IB) from IIFT:
- International Business Strategy
- International Economics
- International Financial Management
- International Marketing Management
- International Trade Logistics
- International Trade Operations and Documentation
- India and World Economy
- These topics make the course different from a regular MBA in Finance or Marketing. Check IIFT Syllabus
- Along with these subjects, there are some elective subjects also made available to students so that they can learn the specialization of their own interest.
- They key thing here is that students are taught all the subjects by keeping the international aspect in mind, which makes the curriculum and study methods more dynamic and internationally acceptable.
MBA in International Business by IIFT – Eligibility and Selection Criteria
As mentioned earlier, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is amongst the top MBA institutes in India which is famous for its MBA program in International Business. Most MBA aspirants appear for IIFT Exam. Currently, it has two campuses in India, one at Delhi and the other one at Kolkata.
IIFT has a specified admission policy for admission in its MBA in International Business. Let us take a look at this in detail:
IIFT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates aspiring to do MBA (IB) from IIFT must have passed an undergraduate degree of minimum 3 years from a recognized institute.
- Candidates who are still appearing in the final year of their under-graduate course can also apply for IIFT, but these students will need to produce the proof of their result in the month of October.
- There is no age limit for admission in MBA at IIFT.
- Candidates from India and abroad can apply.
Check Detailed IIFT Eligibility
IIFT Selection Procedure
- IIFT conducts a national level entrance test which is the first step of the selection process.
- This entrance test is conducted at 20 cities across the country. IIFT 2017 is to be conducted on November 27, 2017.
- Candidates who are able to qualify the entrance examination are called for Personal Interview, Essay Writing Test and Group Discussion.
- Based on the marks in entrance test and above listed activities, candidates are offered admission in MBA in International Business at IIFT.
Check detailed IIFT Selection Procedure
MBA in International Business by IIFT – Placements
- IIFT has always been successful at maintaining an excellent track record of placements at both of its campuses.
- A lot of companies have been regularly visiting this institute for recruiting students and students have been offered a variety of domestic and international roles.
- The placement record defines the reputation of this institute and also validates the scope of this course.
Let us take a look at some of the highlights of Placements at IIFT, for the batch of 2015-17:
- 94 companies visited the campus this year for hiring students.
- Average package offered to students of the institute stood at INR 18.41 lacs, which is amongst the highest average packages for all MBA institutes in the country.
- A total of 20 students received international packages from campus placements, with 3 students securing a package of more than INR 1 crore in these.
- Highest Domestic Package stood at INR 26 lacs.
- The list of companies visiting the campus is huge; some major companies that visited the campus for recruitment are Goldman Sachs, ITC, JP Morgan, Citibank, HSBC, HP, CRISIL, Shell, Dell and Cognizant Business consulting.
Inside IIFT- Facts and Figures
The following data of the 2014-16 batch portrays the diversity at IIFT.
IIFT saw an increase in the number of females as the gender diversity rose to 21% females in the 2014-16 batch.
Work Experience Diversity
The 2014-16 batch of IIFT is well balanced as there is a good mix of fresher sand experienced professionals. The following graphic depicts the diversity.
Work Experience Domain Diversity
IIFT has students who have worked in diverse domains at various levels of hierarchy. Most of them are from IT background (46%), followed by Consulting (20%).
Leading Institutes offering MBA (IB) in India
Apart from IIFT, there are a lot of other colleges that are offering MBA in International Business. These institutes accept CAT, SNAP and scores of other management entrance exams for admission in their post-graduate program in International Business Management.
Here is a list of top institutes offering MBA in International Business, apart from IIFT:
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- University Business School, Chandigarh
- Faculty of Management Studies (BHU), Varanasi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
IIFT offers numerous reasons for you to join it. Its specialization in its MBA (IB) course is another attractive opportunity in terms of its scope. It is no less than a dream for any MBA aspirant. We hope all deserving candidates save a seat in this prestigious institute and trust us, a bright future awaits you!