IIFT Eligibility 2020: Qualification, Marks, Age limit and Reservation Criteria
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2020 is defined by its organizing body i.e NTA. Indians, as well as foreign nationals, can apply for IIFT Entrance Exam 2020 for admission in MBA (International Business) program offered at its Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses.
- Any bachelor’s degree holder with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD) can apply for IIFT 2020 exam.
- Foreign nationals have to produce a valid GMAT score for admission to IIFT MBA-IB program.
- There is no age limit to appear in the exam.
- IIFT provides reservation to EWS, SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates as per government norms.
Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can proceed to fill the application form and prepare well to appear in the exam on December 1, 2019. Check IIFT 2019 Exam Dates
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility guidelines before getting themselves registered for the exam. In case, one fails to meet any condition, they would be debarred from participating any further in the admission process. Here are the eligibility criteria of IIFT:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelors’ degree of a minimum of 3 years in any discipline from a recognized university.
- General/ OBC/ EWS candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in graduation while ST/ SC/ PwD candidates have to score 45% marks.
- Final year students can also apply subject to the submission of requisite qualification by October 7, 2020.
- Candidates of any age group can apply provided they fulfill the other criteria.
- Work experience is not necessary.
Admission will be based on IIFT 2020 entrance exam, Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment and Interview.
Note: IIFT Admit Card will be issued only to eligible and successfully registered candidates.
IIFT Eligibility: Foreign Nationals/ NRI
Candidates will have to fulfill the following two conditions in order to qualify as an international candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam:
- Candidates should have been resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2019, and
- They should be outside India during the IIFT 2020 entrance exam process.
Moreover, Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad have to produce a certificate from the Indian Embassy/ High Commission /Consulate of the present country stating that the candidate has been a resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2019. NRI-Sponsored candidates and Children of NRIs are not considered under this category.
- Foreign nationals should possess a valid passport/ travel document from any country other than India.
- Admission will be based on the score of GMAT and interview.
- However, if Foreign nationals are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test then they will have to take the same.
- Candidate have to submit a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score to the Institute latest by February 15, 2020.
- GMAT taken before January 1, 2018 is not valid.
- Candidates who have appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT etc. then they are not eligible to apply.
Note: Application Fees for International candidates is USD 85/- and Tuition Fees is USD 60000/- for complete program.
Documents to submit with IIFT Application Form
Foreign nationals and NRIs have to submit the copies of following documents during IIFT Registration. However, original documents will be required at the time of admission:
- Filled in CV Form.
- Copy of latest GMAT score certificate.
- Attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/ certificates (Class X, XII & Graduation).
- Copy of all Passport pages having official entries.
- An undertaking that the candidate has not appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year (2019) such as CAT/ XAT/ IIFT, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation- Preferably, one by a current supervisor or manager and another from someone who is in a position to evaluate applicant’s professional performance, managerial and leadership potential.
- Indian nationals need to submit a certificate issued by Indian Embassy of present country stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2019.
IIFT 2020 Reservation Criteria
- Through IIFT entrance exam 2020, a total of 420 seats in MBA-IB will be filled.
- Being an government institute, IIFT follows reservation policy as per government of India norms.
- To avail the reservation, candidates will have to mark their respective category in the application form.
- Also, Original supporting documents issued by competent authorities have to be submitted at the time of admission.
- The reservation criteria is mentioned below:
|Categories||Reservation of seats|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||5%|
Check IIFT Category-wise Cutoff
IIFT Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade offers Need-Based Scholarships to candidates in which it pays interest subsidy on their education loan for 27 months from the time the loan in taken from the bank.
- Any student who has taken the loan and whose family income is less than INR 4,50,000 per year can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- Depending upon the tuition fee and other expenditure the amount of education loan is revised every year.
Scholarships by Government of India
- Merit cum means scholarship for students belonging to Minority Communities
- Central sector scholarship scheme for Top Class Education for SC students
- Scholarship for Higher education to ST students
Candidates can visit the national scholarship portal at scholarships.gov.in for further details about all the scholarship schemes offered by Government of India. The Institute has all the rights to add or delete any scholarship scheme or change the existing clause(s) at its discretion. If any student fails any exam in any year of MBA IB program, his scholarship will automatically be terminated.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College