IIT Delhi is the Top Engineering Institution in country, ranking #2 in NIRF list after the prestigious IIT Madras. QS World Ranking 2021 ranks IIT Delhi ranks #193, slipping 11 places from the previous 182 rank of 2020.
IIT Delhi is known for its flagship Bachelor in Technology (B.Tech) program that is offered in 12 electives ranging from Computer Science & Engineering to Textile Engineering. Apart from well-known UG, PG and Ph.D courses, IIT Delhi is actively offering Online certificate programs, Continuing Education Programs & Technical Education Quality Improvement Programs. Know More about IIT Delhi Course and Eligibility
IIT Delhi Admission Updates 2021:
- IIT Delhi MBA Admissions are in the final stage, the personal interview round of MBA at DoMS IIT Delhi is expected to start after March 05.
- IIT Delhi has launched an online certificate program in Digital Marketing for undergraduate courses. Registrations are Open till March 10. Check IIT Delhi Admission 2021
- Shortlist for Admission in the certificate program in Digital Marketing will be announced before March 15.
- For B.Tech admission also, JEE Advanced dates have been released and the online entrance will be conducted on June 03, 2021.
IIT Delhi Quick facts
- IIT Delhi is ranked as the top university for employability in India and ranks at #10 globally. Check IIT Delhi Ranking
- The fee for IIT Delhi flagship B.Tech program is approximately INR 9 Lakhs and merit-cum-means, freeship, freemessing, and donor scholarships are offered on need basis. Check IIT Delhi Scholarship
- B.Tech Admissions at IIT Delhi is based on JEE Advanced rank, followed by JoSAA counselling. Check IIT Delhi B.Tech Admission Process
- IIT Delhi B.Tech Application process generally starts in September with JEE registrations. PG admissions begin in March.
- Dor MBA Admission CAT score is considered and for M.Des and M.Tech GATE & CEED score are considered.
- A written test is also considered after GATE score for MS Admissions at IIT Delhi.
- For Ph.D Admissions IIT Delhi considers GATE/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ ICAR/ ICMR score or DST- Inspire Scholarship.
IIT Delhi Rankings
IIT Delhi ranks among the top engineering institutes of India, making global presence among leading international universities. As per NIRF Ranking, IIT Delhi ranks at 2 position for engineering , 8th position for management and 3rd position in overall category. It has also secured 193rd ranks in QS World University ranking 2021.
|Times Higher Education World University Ranking||2020||401-500|
IIT Delhi JEE Advance B.Tech Cutoff 2021
IIT Delhi JEE Cut off for CSE remains high compared to other specializations. While the closing rank for CSE for Gender Neutral General category is 93, the cut off rank for textile technology is 6549.IIT Delhi JEE cut off rank ranks trends to be higher than IIT Bombay.
IIT Delhi B.Tech Cutoff Trends
IIT Delhi course, Fees, Selection Criteria
|B.Tech||Eligibility: 10+2 in Science Stream with the minimum required marks from a reputed board + JEE Advanced Score
Selection: Entrance Test merit through JOSAA counselling
|INR 2.25 Lakhs|
|M.Tech||Eligibility: B.Tech/ M.Sc degree with minimum of 60% marks OR B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA of 8.00 without GATE are also eligible for admission +GATE Score followed by Written Test and/or Interview
Selection: GATE Entrance Merit or Qualifying exam merit for candidates exempted from GATE exam
|M.Sc||Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream with at least 55% marks from a recognized University/ Institute +IIT JAM/COJET followed by a interview for Cognitive Science and Economics Selection: Based on entrance merit marks||INR 52900|
|M.Des||Eligibility: B.Tech/ M.Sc degree with minimum of 60% marks + CEED followed by Written Test and/or Interview
Selection: Based on CEED and written test merit
|MBA||Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ Architecture /Pharmacy / B.Sc. Agri. Engg. (Minimum 4 year after 10+2) with at least 60% marks +CAT, Group Discussion and Interview Round
Selection: Based on CAT Merit
|INR 5.05 Lakhs|
|Ph.D||Eligibility: M.E/ M.Tech or MD degree with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/PH) marks in aggregate + GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ ICAR or ICMR score OR Written Test and Interview
Selection: Based on GATE or NET entrance merit
IIT Delhi Placements
IIT Delhi Placements 2020 summit highest benchmarks with more than 1100 jobs offers. This includes pre-placement orders and multiple job offers within India and abroad. The major highlights of the 2020 placement as follows:
- The placement rate at IIT Delhi is 85.6%. A total of 430 recruiters visited the campus for placements.
- The highest CTC reached INR 1 Cr in the year 2020 and the average package remained at INR 16 LPA.
- The placement drive of 2020 observed 4% increase in the total number of placements.
IIT Delhi Sector Wise Placements
Which IIT is better for B.Tech: IIT Delhi or IIT Madras, IIT Bombay?
|Category||IIT Delhi||IIT Madras||IIT Bombay|
|Male : Female (Average )||1:8||1:7||1:9|
|Fees (B.Tech)||INR 2.17 Lakhs||INR 2.84 Lakhs||INR 2.11 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 16 LPA||INR 18 LPA||INR 16.06 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Mastercard, Societe Generale, Uber, Denso Japan, TSMC Taiwan||Microsoft, Intel, Flipkart||Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Accenture, Amazon|
IIT Delhi Scholarships
IIT Delhi offers a range of scholarship, financial support, teaching assistantance facilities for UG, PG and Ph.D students. Interested students can apply to the following scholarships based on the eligibility criteria.
- Institute Free Studentship-U.G.: 10% of students are provided free studentship on the basis of merit scored.
- Institute Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarship: The Institute offers INR 1000 per month to about 25% of students. It is offered to meritorious undergraduate students in engineering and technology.
- Institute Merit Prizes and Certificates: Top 7% of students from B.Tech are rewarded with an amount of INR 2500 up to the 8th and 10th semesters.
- Scholarship provision for SC/ST students: Under this scholarship SC/ST students are exempted from tuition fee.
- Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarships: M.Sc Students are provided INR 1000 per month, however, only to students with parents’ income is less than INR 4.5 LPA.
- For IIT Delhi M.Tech., M.S. (Research), and M.Des. Students: These students are awarded an amount of INR 12,400 per month under the financial assistance scheme.
- For Ph.D. Candidates: Full time students are offered research assistantship of INR 25000 INR.
Check IIT Delhi Scholarship
IIT Delhi Faculty
IIT Delhi Faculty include major brilliant minds of the nation who are equipped with intellectual capabilities. Faculty members include Rukmini Bhaya Nair, renowned poets and linguists, is the HOD of Humanities Department and experienced faculty from Stanford University. Other faculties such as Prof. P. V. M Rao and Prof Paresh Choksi are known for core course designs, live projects, and startup ideas in the institute.
The current faculty students ratio stands at 1:8 with more than 654 faculty members. During 2016, the faculty students ratio was 1:16, the institute showed interest in promoting international students and declined pressure of increasing intake capacity. The recent ratio reflects improving the status of students and faculty capacity.
IIT Delhi FAQs
Ques. How can I apply to IIT Delhi?
Ans. The admission procedure to IIT Delhi is done manually on the official website. Students can fill in the online application form by opening the official website which is followed by online payment of the application fee by credit or debit card. Students must pay the application fee(INR 200 for general, INR 50 SC/ST/PH) through State Bank Collect. The admission to B.E/B.tech program is done on the basis of the candidate’s score in JEE Advanced.
Ques. How is the life of an IITian at IIT Delhi?
Ans. Student life at IIT Delhi is very enriching in terms of academic as well as extracurriculars. Students have a wonderful teaching faculty who are available for clearing doubts and clarifications outside the syllabus. The infrastructure consists of hi-tech facilities such as audio-visual aid and state of the art equipment in classrooms as well as labs. The campus has a central library which is one of the highlights of the campus. The college campus also has sports facilities available including basketball, volleyball, cricket etc. Students staying on the campus are offered comfortable hostel accommodations with various amenities that they can enjoy as residents. Students have access to the stationery store as well and xerox and printing services. There are various canteens and cafes spread across campus that provide students with good meals and other delicacies.
Ques. How is IIT Delhi?
Ques. How to apply for admission in IIT Delhi?
Ans. Candidates looking for admission in IIT Delhi need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the specific courses. For B.Tech courses, candidates need to have a valid score in JEE Advanced to apply for online application. For M.Tech courses, GATE scores are mandatory for Non-IIT students whereas for M.Sc courses valid IIT JAM scores are required along with minimum cut off marks in academics. For MBA valid CAT scores are required and for PhD, Valid GATE and NET are required to get admitted in IIT Delhi.
After qualifying the eligibility criteria, candidates need to fill in the online application by visiting the official website before the last date. Candidates need to pay an application fee through an online gateway and need to submit the application form along with required documents.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for PhD in Engineering from IIT Delhi?
Ques. How is IIT Delhi for MBA?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for an M.Tech degree in IIT Delhi?
Ans. IIT Delhi provides admission into M.Tech courses under 38 specializations. Candidates must have BE/B.Tech with an aggregate of 50% with a valid score in GATE. Candidates having B.Tech degree from IITs with more than 8.0 CGPA out of 10.0 CGPA are exempted from GATE.
Top M.Tech courses provided by IIT Delhi are M.Tech in Instrumentation, Industrial Tribology and Maintenance Management and Material Science and Engineering. It costs around 2.21 Lakhs/Year to pursue an M.tech degree from IIT Delhi.
Ques. What is the B.Tech cut-off for IIT Delhi?
Ques. How are the placements at IIT Delhi?
Ques. Does IIT Delhi provide Scholarships?
- Institute Free Studentship for
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
- Institute Merit Prize and Certificates
- Donor Scholarships
- Scholarships for SC/ST students
- MCM Scholarships
- For M.Tech/ M.S/M.Des students
- For PhD students
Check IIT Delhi Scholarship