Sri Padmavati Mahila Mahavidyala was established in 1983 by N.T. Rama Rao to empower the women through Education. It is a state University and is recognized by UGC. With the approval of Bar Council of India, and Indian Nursing Council, its courses in the respective streams are well reputed.
It is not region specific, and admits women from all 3 regions of Andhra Pradesh, i.e. Rayalaseema, Telangana, and Coastal Andhra.
It offers more than 55 Courses in different UG and PG Courses including B. Tech., MBA, etc. NAAC has accredited it with ‘A’ grade. Admissions to the courses are merit and test-based. Applicants can apply online or offline.
Its campus is located in Tirupati, at the foot of sacred Tirumala Hills. It has a 138 acre semi-urban campus with multiple facilities like Hostels, Health Center, and Gyms. Admissions can be test-based or merit-based, decided by the University.
SPMVV College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1983 | State|
|Mode of Course||Full-time | Distance Education|
|Courses Offered||52 Courses across 16 Streams|
|Popular Courses||B. Tech., MBA, LLB|
|Application Mode||Online | Offline|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Cisco, Internshala|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Library, Gym|
SPMVV has consistently been an achiever. It has been accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC Team, and its Pharmacy department was ranked 42 by NIRF. It has also been given AAA rating university, and similar achievements by different websites.
|NIRF Ranking - Pharmacy||Rank 42||-|
SPMVV offers courses in streams like B. Tech., MBA, B.Sc., M.Sc., M. Pharm., etc. Admissions are made on the basis of merit/test as per the decision of the University. Few courses are offered in Distance Learning mode too.
|B. Tech.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Intermediate from a recognized Institute. 16 years of age on 31st December of the admission year. Qualified AP-EAMCET exam.
Subject: CSE, ME, EEE, ECE
|B.Sc. Nursing||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate with PCB and English as subjects from a recognized University. Minimum 45% aggregate marks. 17 years of age on 31st December of the admission year.
|M. Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Sc. from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Subjects: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Physics, Sericulture
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduated from any recognized University
|MCA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduated in a relevant stream from any recognized University.
|M. Pharm.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B. Pharm. from a recognized University with at least 50% aggregate marks.
|Ph. D.||Duration: 4/3/2 Years (Full-time/part-time)
Eligibility: Masters’ Degree from a recognized University with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
Read More: SPMVV Courses & Fee
- Admissions to B.Sc. Nursing is test/merit-based. Mode of Application is online/offline.
- Admissions to MCA, M.Sc., and M. Pharm. Courses are based on merit/test
- Mode of admission for B.Tech is test-based. Candidate has to qualify AP-EAMCET.
- Admissions to MBA are test-cum-merit based.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of SPMVV by clicking here.
- Click on the “Registration” Section.
- On the “Challan Registration Form” Page, fill up the details accurately.
- An OTP will be generated. Enter it on the page and proceed.
- Fill up the application form minutely.
- Pay the required registration amount online.
- Report for the counselling for seats to confirm.
- Visit the official website and download the form.
- Fill up the form correctly.
- Paste recent passport size photographs as required.
- Send the filled-up form with a DD of INR 455/- in the favor of
Directorate of Admissions,
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (Women’s University)
payable at Tirupati.
Read More: SPMVV Admission
As per the students of SPMVV, placements are nearby 50-60%. With the availability of a placement cell, internship opportunities are present. Major recruiters are TCS, Internshala, etc. and the average package offered is approximately ₹ 3 lakh.
|Average Salary||₹ 3 LPA|
Read More: SPMVV Placement
Scholarship for SPMVV can be availed under the schemes by Department of Biotechnology, or other such departments by the government of India. Also, the scholarships are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
Read More: SPMVV Scholarships
SPMVV provides a plethora of facilities to its students ensuring their development. Following are the major facilities:-
- Library: multiple books and e-books for enhancement of knowledge.
- Gym: to ensure the fitness and health of the body along with their mental growth.
- Cafeteria: Low cost and nutritious food for students is available here.
- Grocery Store: for the assistance of students, so they can buy groceries, and other toiletries for their needs.
- Auditorium: For student presentation, workshops, seminars, etc. Films are also screened here due to large seating capacity.
- Hostel: for a comfortable and friendly stay of students where they can use their productivity.
- Indoor Stadium: for sports like Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Carrom, etc.
As per the review on Collegedunia, faculty is highly appreciated by the students. They are tagged friendly, helpful, and learned. A brief list of faculty is given below.
|Vice Chancellor||Dr.Jamuna Duvvuru|
|Professor, Department of Business Management||Dr. J. Katyayani|
|Dr. B. Vijayalakshmi|
|Professor, Department of Biotechnology||Dr. V. Kalarani|
|Dr. R. Usha|
|Professor, Department of Social Work||Dr. V. Uma|
Read More: SPMVV Faculty
Ques. Is SPMVV a private Institution?
Ques. Is SPMVV a recognized institution?
Ques. Does SPMVV provide technical courses?
Ques. On what basis are the admissions made in SPMVV?
Ques. What facilities are extended by SPMVV?