Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam SPMVV Tirupati is a women’s university located in the holy city of Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. A govt. State level university, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati is a deemed to be university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. SPMVV Tirupati has been accreditated by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade. SPMVV Tirupati also has the approval of Bar Council of India and the Indian Nursing Council.
The university was founded in 1983 by N.T. Rama Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh with the vision of empowering women through the acquisition of knowledge. The university is spread in 138.43 acres and offers 55+ courses including B.Tech, MBA, law, economics, etc.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Fees Structure
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Admission Process
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Courses
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati has 4 committed departments teaching a large number of courses.
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Nursing
SPMVV, Tirupati follows the semester pattern for all these courses.
Know more about Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Distance Education
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Undergraduate Courses
SPMVV Tirupati offers the following undergraduate courses:
- B.Tech (EEE, CSE, ECE, Mech.)
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Voc. (Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing)
- B.Voc. (Nutrition and Health Care Sciences)
For the undergraduate courses, the applicant must be a woman and should have qualified 10+2 with the relevant subjects with a minimum of 45% marks.
- B. Pharm applicants must have qualified the EAMCET.
- B. Ed applicants must have done their graduation.
- B.P.Ed. aspirants should clear the Physical Education Common Entrance Test conducted by the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
- For B.Ed.Spl(HI), the minimum passing criteria is 50%.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Postgraduation Courses
SPMVV Tirupati offers the following postgraduate courses:
- M.Tech - 4 streams
- M.Sc. - 14 streams
- M.Sc. Integrated 5 years - 2 streams
- Master of Media Management
- M.A. - 7 streams
The candidate should be a woman and should have a relevant bachelor’s degree passed with minimum 45% marks.
- For integrated 5 years M.Sc. courses, the candidate should have passed 10+2.
- MBA and MCA aspirants should clear the Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET) and M.Com aspirants should have cleared the university’s common entrance test.
- The minimum criterion is 45% for MCJ and 40% for the law.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Doctorate Courses
SPMVV Tirupati offers both Ph.D. and M.Phil. to its students. There are 15 streams for M.Phil. and 19 streams for Ph.D. offering both full-time and part-time research.
The doctorate aspirants should have a master’s degree and should have secured 55% in science subjects and 50% in subjects of arts and humanities or the equivalent grades.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Certificates
SPMVV, Tirupati also offers many diplomas and certificate courses in various streams including GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery). The basic eligibility for such courses is 10 years of formal education and English proficiency. There are also many music and dance related subjects in the curriculum. SPMVV, Tirupati also offers many fellowship opportunities.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam International Collaborations
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati has collaborated with:
- The University of Oxford, England
- The University of Texas, USA
- Glasgow University, Scotland
- Zagazig University, Egypt
SPMVV, Tirupati hosts many international students. Blekinge University, Sweden sends 5 students for the CSE programme.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Placements
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam has good placements. Some of the major recruiting companies are TCS, HSBC, IBM, Coca-Cola, Canara Bank.
For more details on placements, visit Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Placements.