Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (University for Women) was founded in 1983 by Sri N. T. Rama Rao, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for the purpose of training women students as better builders of the Nation.
- The University was established under the Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam 1983 Act, which has come into force on the 14 of April 1983.
- The University is a State Level University which is recognized by UGC under the act of 1956.
- The University was started with only ten faculties, 300 students and twenty staff members. Today the University has a student population of 2700 with an academic staff 250.
- The University has around 59 courses at the post-graduate and undergraduate level and a good component of research.
- The campus is spread out in the area of 138.43 acres, situated at a distance of 3 km from the railway and bus stations of Tirupati.
- The campus has several buildings for Humanities and Sciences, University’s Administration, Central Library, Sericulture Complex, University Auditorium, and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and also an independent building for Computer centre.
Academics at Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (University for Women)
School of Sciences
School of Social Sciences
Communication & Journalism
English Language & literature
Music and Fine Arts
School of Engineering and Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Communicative English and Computer Applications, Yoga and Physical Education are available and made compulsory for all students
- Centres for remedial coaching and NET/SLET
- Scholarships sponsored by State Government and UGC are granted.
- Internet/intranet facilities are extended to all staff and students
- Extra-curricular activities, Literary activities and NSS are the part of the regular schedule.
- Day care centre is also made available to provide a friendly, clean and comfortable and safe environment.