Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. Established in 1838, it is the fifth largest producer of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater, and Udall Scholars in the US.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- More than 200 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs are offered through 11 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Computer Science; Economics, General; Public Policy Analysis, General; Biology/Biological Sciences, General; and Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering.
- The university campus occupies an area of 8,691 acres and provides both on and off campus housing to students.
Duke University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo|
|Application Fee||USD 85|
|Intake Season||November 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for UG programs are submitted through Common Application. Applications for graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition & fees||53,744|
|Books, Supplies, & Personal Expenses||3,466|
- 50% of students are awarded scholarships and grants yearly.
- 100% of the students demonstrating financial need receive grants from the university.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 50,885.
Duke University has 167,848 people in its alumni network who receive alumni benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, store discounts and more.