Mobile or Smartphones have become the most useful devices in this digital era. Nowadays, it transforms the whole world into a small global village. The course Mobile App Development, is about the development process of smart phones or other handheld devices.
Mobile App (Application) Development course deals with the processes of developing applications for mobiles, smart phones, tablets, etc. The course covers the topics like, software development, mobile application development, web app development, mobile computing, android multimedia, iOS multimedia, app safety and security, app functionality, etc.
There is no such eligibility to learn this course. But for the diploma, degree programs one must have to pass the 12th in any discipline (arts, science) from a recognized board. The employees of a company or industry also can learn this course.
Some of the top course providers of Mobile App Development courses are Udemy, edX, Coursera, etc. The online courses can be learned remotely from all over the world. The course highlights are discussed below in detail.
|Diploma & PG Diploma Courses||
|Bachelor Mobile App Development Courses||
|Master Mobile App Development Courses||
- The online courses takes few hours to maximum 6 months to complete and for the offline or formal classes the duration will be 1 year to 4 years
- Average fee for the Mobile App Development course will be INR 10,000 to 100,000
- The course will help you in learning the theoretical as well as practical knowledge on the topic
- In the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, you will be given practical assignments in various topic of Mobile App Development course
There is a good employment possibility for the passed out students of Mobile App Development course. Various national or international companies hire the students having the Certificates, Diploma, and Degree in Mobile App Development course.
Indian companies like: Accenture, L&T Infotech, Zensar Technology, IBM India, Tata Consultancy Services, Fueled, WillowTree-App, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., and many more companies recruit every year the graduates of the Mobile App Development course.
Average annual salary in these companies is INR 4- 8 LPA. The salary may vary depending upon the companies and job positions in the company.
Mobile App Development Courses: Highlights
|Types of Online Courses||Coursera, Udemy.|
|Top Job Prospects||App Developer (android, iOS), Project Leader, Senior App Developer, Hybrid Developer, Technical Project Manager, Software Engineer, Technical Architect.|
From the above given table, you might have got an idea on different courses of Mobile App Development and its eligibility, future prospects, salary etc.
Certificate Mobile App Development Courses
Certificate courses are offered by some Open University, Distance Education Institute and online course providers.
- The online course duration is approx. 2 hours to 90 hours. And for the offline course it takes 6 to 12 months
- Some online courses available for the learners at free of cost. But the learners must pay for the certificate after completing the course
Online Mobile App Development Courses Certificates
Online mobile app development courses are as follows.
|Certification in iPhone development||Udemy||29 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in essential guide to making apps without prior experience||Udemy||6 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in android N developer course||Udemy||33 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in android Java masterclass- become an app developer||Udemy||61 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in android app development||Coursera by Vanderbilt University||5 month||Free|
|Certification in build your first android app (project centered course)||Coursera by CentraleSupelec||22 hours||Free|
|Certification in full stack web and multiplatform mobile app development specialization||Coursera by Hongkong University of Science & Technology||5 months||Free|
|Certification in iOS app development with swift specialization||Coursera by University of Toronto||5 months||Free|
|Certification in developing android apps with app inventor||Coursera by Hongkong University of Science & Technology||40 hours||Free|
Offline Mobile App Development Courses Certificate
The offline mobile app development course is offered by some open universities in India. Those are mentioned below:
|Certificate Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Certificate program in mobile app development||IGNOU, New Delhi||INR 5,000|
|Certificate program in android app development||Indian School of Ethical Hacking, Kolkata Acesoft Academy, Kolkata MobiGnosis: software training institute in Bengaluru, Karnataka||INR 9,500|
How are Admission in Certificate Programs of Mobile App Development Courses Done?
- You must have to pass class XII in arts or science from a recognized board
- For the online classes, like Coursera, Udemy you have to enroll your name for the course
- And for the offline or formal classes, you have to fill an application form, after that you can get admission in the course
Top Colleges for Mobile App Development Course Certificate in India
Top colleges offering the Mobile App Development course in India are mentioned below.
Colleges for Online Mobile App Development Course Certificates
|Times Higher Education Global Ranking 2021||College Name||Location|
|18||University of Toronto||Toronto, Ontario|
|56||Hongkong University of Science & Technology||Kowloon, Hongkong|
|111||Vanderbilt University||Nashville, Tennessee|
Colleges for Offline Mobile App Development Course Certificates
|MobiGnosis: software training institute||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Indian School of Ethical Hacking||Kolkata|
Diploma and PG Diploma Mobile App Development Courses
- Diploma and PG Diploma course are of 1- 2 year duration
- Diploma course can be learning after passing higher secondary in any discipline
- PG Diploma course can be perusal by the students having bachelor degree in IT and Software and Computer Technology and Mobile App Development
Top Diploma & PG Diploma Mobile App Development Courses
Some top Diploma and PG Diploma Mobile App Development courses in India are:
|Diploma & PG Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Diploma in Mobile App Development||Bitcode Technologies, Pune||-|
|PG Diploma in Mobile App Development||Nagpur University Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||INR 50,000|
How are Admission in Diploma & PG Diploma Mobile App Development Courses Done?
- The admission process in Diploma and PG Diploma in Mobile App Development course is higher secondary in science or arts and for the PG Diploma course one must have an undergraduate degree in mobile app development/ computer application/ IT & software program.
- To take admission in the subject, the students have to fill up an application form
- After completing the admission process, students can learn the course.
Top Colleges Offering Diploma & PG Diploma in Mobile App Development Courses
Top institutes and colleges offering the Diploma and PG Diploma in mobile app development courses are mentioned below.
|Country University Ranking 2020||College Name||Location|
|381||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|667||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||Gujarat|
Bachelor Degree Mobile App Development Courses
- Bachelor degree in Mobile App Development courses are for those students who want to make career in software development sectors
- Duration of this course is 3- 4 year
- The course focuses on app development, software development, designing of apps, web development, operating systems, safety & security of mobile application, cloud application development.
- There is a good scope in this field. Some of the job positions in this field are- software developer, project manager, application developer, hybrid developer, technical architect. The salary is also negotiable in these profiles.
Top Undergraduate (UG) Mobile App Development Courses
|Course Name||Top Colleges||Average Fees||Domain|
|BCA- Mobile Application and Web Technology||DY Patil International University (Pune), B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology (Chennai)||INR 14,500-70,485||Computer Application|
|BCA- Mobile Application Development||Yashwantrao Mohite College Arts, Science and Commerce (under Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune), Martin Luther Christian University (Meghalaya)||INR 29,000- 40,000||Computer Application|
|B.Tech- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Mobile Application Development||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (Dehradun)66, LPU (Phagwara, Punjab), Ajeenkya DY Patil University (Pune)||INR 100,000- 649,500||Technology|
|B.Sc. in Gaming and Mobile Application Development||NSHM Knowledge Campus (Kolkata, West Bengal), NSHM (Durgapur), Haldia Institute of Management (Haldia, West Bengal)||INR 90,000- 180,000||Science and Technology|
|B.Voc. in Mobile App Development||MET’s School of Engineering (Thrissur)||INR 12,000- 215,000||Vocational course|
How are Admission in Bachelor Mobile App Development Courses Done?
- The eligibility to take admission in this course is higher secondary with computer science/ application subject with 50% marks
- The admission is based on the marks of qualifying examination and in some colleges or universities there might be an entrance test for taking admission in the course.
Bachelor Mobile App Development Courses Entrance Exams
- Entrance test is conducted by the national level testing agency or university admission committee.
|Entrance Exam||Exam Date||Conducting Body||Mode|
|MHT-CET||Oct,2020- Jan, 2021||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra||Online|
|JET||April-May, 2021||Jain University||Online|
|LPUNEST||Jan, 2021||Lovely Professional University||Online|
Colleges for Bachelor Mobile App Development Courses
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Location|
|33||MET’s School of Engineering||Thrissur, Kerala|
|66||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun|
|75||NSHM Knowledge Campus||Kolkata|
|151-200||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology||Chennai|
|-||Yashwantrao Mohite College Arts, Science and Commerce||Pune|
|-||DY Patil International University||Pune|
|-||Martin Luther Christian University||Meghalaya|
Master Mobile App Development Courses
- Post-graduate degree in Mobile App Development course can be pursued after graduating from the undergraduate degree in the course
- Masters course have course specializations, which will help the students in knowing the particular course which they want to learn
- There are good job opportunities for job seekers. One can engage themselves in different mobile app development companies.
Top Postgraduate (PG) Mobile App Development Courses
Some of the post graduate courses in mobile development are as follows:
|Course Name||Top Colleges||Average Fees||Domain|
|M.Sc. IT in Mobile Application Development||Gujarat University||INR 50,000- 220,000||Science and IT|
|M.Voc. Mobile Application Development||Cochin University of Science and Technology||-||Vocational course|
How are Admission in Master Mobile App Development Courses Done?
- The admission is based on the marks of entrance examination and personal interview
- The candidates must have to appear for the entrance exam to take admission in master’s mobile application development course
- After passing the examination, the merit list will be release by the university
- On the basis of the merit list, the students will get admission in this course.
Master Mobile App Development Courses Entrance Exams
Entrance examination for the post graduate in mobile application development program is given below.
|Entrance Exam||Exam Date||Conducting Body||Mode|
|Gujarat University Entrance Test||Dec, 2020- Jan, 2021||Gujarat University||Online|
|CUSAT Entrance Test||NA||Cochin University of Science and Technology||Online|
Colleges for Master Mobile App Development Courses
Top colleges in India offering the post graduate in mobile app development course are:
What are the Top Job Options after Mobile App Development Courses?
Various software development or mobile application development companies are in India, which recruiting the experienced as well as fresher of mobile app development
Some of job profiles in various companies are discussed below with its job roles, salary and required skills.
App Developer (Android, iOS)
Their job responsibility is to understand the requirements of the clients and according to that developed and create the applications in mobile, or telephones.
Starting Salary: INR 504,316
- Analytical skill
- Programming language skill
- Platform development skill (android, iOS)
- Must have the ability to give attention to details
- Active participation
They are responsible for doing structural composition, designing and developing an application or program.
Starting Salary: INR 12,06,945
- Understanding of strategic skill
- Designing and developing skill
- Analytical thinking capacity
- Attention to details
- Excellent knowledge on structural composition
They have to design and create software products using the hybrid mobile application platform.
Starting Salary: INR 500,000
- Android application development knowledge
- iOS application development knowledge
- HTML knowledge
Technical Project Manager
Main duties the Technical Project Managers have to perform are to plan and manage projects and to develop it accordingly so that it can meet the clients' needs and company's goal.
Starting Salary: INR 13,24,269
- Agile scheduling
- Technical knowledge
- Critical thinking
They have to develop the software of mobile and improve the quality of the software so that it can be easily used by the users.
Starting Salary: INR 636,385
- Software development skill
- Computer programing skill
- Coding skill
- Mobile software testing and debugging
- Critical thinking skill
The project leaders are responsible for leading the workers for designing, maintaining, creating, developing and improving the mobile application. They have to supervise the team.
Starting Salary: INR 11,53,956
- Working experience in project management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge on MS office
- Programming skill
What Skills are Required in Mobile App Development Courses?
One should have more than one skill in a topic so that it can help in getting a job easily. Employees also will get promotion by earning the certificate or short-term training course in the Mobile App Development program.
The various skills, the students can learn through the online courses are given below with its details.
Android App Development Courses
- Android app development courses are short term courses available in the online courses
- The course takes a few hours or a few months to complete. However, it depends upon the syllabus of the course.
Top Android App Development Courses
|Certification in Android App Development||Coursera by Vanderbilt University||5 months||Free|
|Certification in Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course)||Coursera by CentraleSupelec||22 hours||Free|
|Certification in Developing Android App with App Inventor||Coursera by Hongkong University of Science and Technology||40 hours||Free|
|Certification in Build a Tinder Clone for Android from Scratch||Udemy||7 hours||INR 468|
|Certification in Marketing your Android Apps||edX||5 week||Free (certificate fee INR 3,590)|
|Android Multithreading Master Class||Udemy||11 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in Complete Android N Developer Course||Udemy||33 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in AndroidTM Material Design Course||Udemy||21 hours||INR 455|
|Android Architecture Master Class||Udemy||7 hours||INR 455|
Android App development Course Syllabus
Syllabus for the Android App Development course is as follows:
|Android app components||Engineering maintainable android apps|
|Capstone MOOC for “Android App Development”||Computer programming|
Android App Development Job Profiles
- Sr. android app developer
- Technical manager
- Jr. android app developer
Android Java Courses
- The course specially focus on the Java programming, which is used during the android app development
- After completing the course, you’ll be able to learn computer programming skill, app testing skills, etc.
Top Android Java Courses
|Certification in android O & Java||Udemy||21 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in android Java master class||Udemy||61 hours||INR 455|
|Certification in android R + Java developer course||Udemy||173 hours||INR 455|
Android Java Course Syllabus
|Algorithms and programming concepts||Mini project: image filter on the web|
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||Android app testing|
Android Java Job Profiles
- Android developer
- Mobile application developer
iOS App Development Courses
- This course is about the application and software development of iPhones
- After this course, you’ll be able to learn various computer programming skills, testing skills, unit testing skills, etc.
Top iOS App Development Courses
Some of the best iOS App Development courses available on the internet are mentioned below.
|Certification in iOS app development with swift||Coursera by University of Toronto||5 months||Free|
|Certification in mobile app development & app design for iOS and android||Udemy||12 hours||INR 618|
iOS App Development Course Syllabus
|UI design||Animating UI|
|Assets optimization||Android development|
|iOS development||Build android and iOS app|
iOS App Development Job Profiles
- iOS app developer
- Android app developer
Mobile App Development Courses Online Fees & Rating Comparison
|Certification in iOS app development with swift||Coursera by University of Toronto||5 months||3.9||Free|
|Certification in mobile app development & app design for iOS and android||Udemy||12 hours||3.7||INR 618|
|Certification in programming foundations with Java Script, HTML and CSS||Coursera by Duke University||31 hours||4.6||Free|
|Certification in front-end Java Script frameworks||Coursera by Hongkong University of Science and Technology||38 hours||4.7||Free|
|Certification in android O & Java||Udemy||21 hours||4.5||INR 455|
|Certification in android Java master class||Udemy||61 hours||4.4||INR 455|
|Certification in android R + Java developer course||Udemy||173 hours||4.3||INR 455|
|Certification in Android App Development||Coursera by Vanderbilt University||5 months||4.3||Free|
|Certification in Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course)||Coursera by CentraleSupelec||22 hours||4.2||Free|
|Certification in Developing Android App with App Inventor||Coursera by Hongkong University of Science and Technology||40 hours||4.3||Free|
|Certification in Build a Tinder Clone for Android from Scratch||Udemy||7 hours||4.1||INR 468|
|Certification in Marketing your Android Apps||edX||5 week||_||Free (certificate fee INR 3,590)|
|Android Multithreading Master Class||Udemy||11 hours||4.8||INR 455|
|Certification in Complete Android N Developer Course||Udemy||33 hours||4.4||INR 455|
|Certification in AndroidTM Material Design Course||Udemy||21 hours||4.3||INR 455|
|Android Architecture Master Class||Udemy||7 hours||4.8||INR 455|
Comparison of Online Platforms Offering the Mobile App Development Courses
|Fees||Free||INR 450- 5000|
|Duration||3 days- 5 months||1-4 days|
|Created by||Different Universities||In-house|
Mobile App Development Courses: FAQs
Ques. What qualification is required for mobile app development courses?
Ques. What is the best online course provider for the mobile app development course?
Ques. What is the fee for under-graduate courses?
Ques. What are the top under-graduate courses?
Ques. Qualification for Diploma Mobile app development courses?
Ques. What is the qualification needed for PG Diploma mobile app development courses?
Ques. Which are the best colleges for the mobile app development courses in India?
Ques. What is the future scope after the course?
Ques. What is the average salary in various jobs in India?