BA Business Economics is a career-oriented undergraduate course in applied economics for a duration of 3 years.
Students enrolled in the course are imparted specialized academic training in marketing and communication, and a session of corporate summer training for about 8 weeks, for a better understanding of business environment and real organizational problems.
Candidates who have cleared 10+2 level examination with 50% marks can apply for the course. The admissions are either merit or entrance based, depending on the college norms.
Delhi University colleges mostly offer BA business economics courses. Among them the top BA Business Economics DU colleges are Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi, Miranda House, Delhi, Hindu College and Hansraj College.
BA Business Economics syllabus consists of subjects like Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Economics, Development Economics, and Economic Systems.
After BA Business economics, candidates can earn around INR 3.5 LPA initially, working as Banker. Teacher, auditor, professor, tele-caller, Consultant, Customer Service Associate, Personnel Manager, Assistant Professor, Medical Economics Manager, etc.
BA Business Economics: Course Highlights
|Course duration||3 Years|
|Subject type||Commerce, Economics|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent courses with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Additional requirement||Should have studied Elective subject ‘Human resource development and financial markets’|
|Admission Process||Merit-based | Entrance-based|
|Course Fees||INR 2,000 to 500,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3.5 to 16 LPA|
|Employment areas||Colleges & Universities, Insurance Companies, Consultancy Services, Banking Sectors, Stock Markets, Financing Sectors, Corporate Sectors, Research and Business Development Hubs|
|Job Profiles||Banker. Teacher, auditor, professor, tele-caller, Consultant, Customer Service Associate, Personnel Manager, Assistant Professor, Medical Economics Manager, Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Teacher & Tutor, Business Economics Associate, Economics Business Manager, Business Planning & Finance Analyst, Business Development Executive, etc.|
|Top Recruiting companies||Amul, Asian Paints, Aircel, Aviva Life Insurance, Bharti Airtel Ltd., HUL, HCL Infosystems Ltd., Indian Oiltanking, ITC Ltd., IDBI Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., IOCL, Jindal Mud Logging Co., Kotak Mahindra, Finance Karvy Consultants Ltd., Modi Xerox Nestle India Ltd., NIC, North-Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd., OIL, ONGC, PepsiCo, Reliance Energy, Schlumberger, Reliance Telecom, SBI, Tata Motors, Wipro BPO, AUIIP, ASTEC, etc.|
BA Business Economics: Admission process
The admission for the three-yearly in BA Business economics depends upon either merit-based as well as entrance examination. The deemed private universities demand the students to write an entrance examination and pass the admission process. The exam is based on their recognition of college or university.
Some colleges require a GPA (a minimum of 50% of the 10+2 board examination). Students can download the application form on the official website of the college/university.
This section helps you know the pre-requisite, prepare supporting documents earlier before making an application process, and guide you by applying with payment through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Registration: Students can register an application form from a corresponding website. It may be required to create a unique account with personal information and perhaps asked for processing fees.
- Filling the application form: A candidate should have proper care to fill up the details mentioned in the application form.
- Document Verification: upload mandatory documents that are required to the corresponding university or colleges.
- Submission of application: end of the application form, the payment will be processed.
- Admit card: After the payment process, the admission will be issued to the students. If any changes are acquired in the admit card, they can re-submit for correction before the examination.
- Examination: Attend the exam punctuality with preparation.
- Results: After 2 months, the institution's examination result will be announced for further rounds to select the students.
- Counseling and admission: Finally, the counseling step the student can be admitted into the economic course.
BA Business Economics: Eligibility Criteria
- Students who want to pursue BA Economics in any recognized institution should have completed 10+2 or equivalent courses in a recognized school.
- The score should be at least 50% or above in state or central board examinations.
BA Business Economics: Entrance Examination
Many institutions set up their own entrance examination rather than choosing based on high school grades. The below are some of the ultimate entrance examinations conducted by certain universities for programs related to a bachelor of economics.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women Entrance Exam: Lady Shri Ram College is a constituent woman college of Delhi University. After the successful completion of the admission test, the result will be declared.
- Loyola College Entrance Exam: Placed in Chennai and the college is affiliated with Madras University, students must apply for an application and write the examination.
- Christ University Entrance Exam: It is a deemed private university where the students need to give data to get admission to an arts degree course.
- Miranda House College Entrance Exam: Miranda House College is ranked at 1 by NIRF, located in New Delhi. The entry is based on their entrance exam process with merit marks.
- Presidency College Entrance Exam: It is accredited by NAAC where in Kolkata, and the PUBGET entrance exam will be conducted for the selection process.
Tips to prepare for BA Business Economics Entrance Exams?
To score the eligible marks in any of the above-mentioned entrance exams, students are advised to read out the following points and follow them:
- The entrance exam syllabus and pattern are varying according to their institutions. The students surf the official websites and gather information like syllabus, design, and examination type.
- Collect required study materials from either online or offline based on your availability for exam preparation. Solve the previous year's question papers and mock tests, which are available online. This will improve your confidence level and how much knowledge you have gained until the level and can help you spot the area you lack study.
- Avoid stress in the examination hall. Be relaxed and write the exam well. If you have written mock tests multiple times, you would not have felt the main examination difficult.
- Neglect to answer the questions without knowing to choose the correct answer because the negative marks will apply.
BA Business Economics: What is it about?
Business Economics is an undergraduate commerce course, mainly focused on business enterprises and their relationships. Students can gain a theoretical understanding of economics, skill in quantitative techniques and commutative methods.
The syllabus of business economics has included the following subjects.
- Business analysis, microeconomics, macroeconomics.
- Financial and management information.
- Analysis and management of customers.
- International business and business environment.
Why study BA Business Economics?
The economy is playing an important role in our daily life. It is applicable in various sectors such as transport, manufacturing, communications, insurance, banking, investment, and retailing industries. Students can build their knowledge, and it is applicable for employment professionals such as government jobs, journalism, administration, sales, finance, investment banking, and venture capital.
BA Business Economics: Top Colleges
|Name of Institute||Average Annual Fee|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi||INR 16,390|
|Miranda House, Delhi||INR 12,160|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 4,614|
|Christ University, Bangalore||INR 56,667|
|Presidency University, Kolkata||INR 1,245|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||INR 18,719|
|Hindu College, Delhi||INR 14,333|
|HansRaj College, Delhi||INR 14,333|
|St. Mira's College for Girls, Pune||INR 1,400|
|Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata||INR 3,509|
BA Business Economics: College Comparison
|College Name||Lady Shri ram college for women||Miranda House||Loyola College.|
|Overview||One of India's best colleges helps students grow in all aspects by providing good placement facilities.||One of the finest institutes in India with excellent infrastructure and faculty members.||Based in Chennai, Tamilnadu. One of the best colleges providing a decent salary package and running institutions at a low-cost fee.|
|Average Fee||INR 47, 610||INR 42,000 to 50,000||INR 30,000 to 45,000|
|Highest Package||INR 29 Lakhs||INR 19.50 Lakhs||INR 5 Lakhs|
|Job Profiles||Consultant, Business Analyst, Risk Analyst, Content Writer, Sales and marketing, Human Resource Executive, etc.||Research Analyst, business associate, social advisory, marketing manager, etc.||Business Analyst, Risk Analyst, Content Writer, business associate, marketing assistant, and so on.|
|Top Recruitment Companies||Pantaloons, E&Y, McKinsey, KPMG, and BCG||McKinsey, DE Shaw, TCS, ZS Associates, Tries Vista, and Accenture||Deloitte, E&Y, IBM, Vivo, Wipro, Infotech, Infosys, Goldman Sachs|
BA Business Economics: Distance Education
- If a student is not able to attend the regular course on the academic spot, they can choose to study online, named distance education or correspondence education.
- It is widely recognizable in India and other countries too. People should avoid wrong interpretation on making online education worthless.
- A student who wishes to pursue this distance education course should have completed the 10+2 level with qualifying marks. Admission process is usually based on their merit marks.
Below are some of the popular institutes offering distance education at a low cost.
|Name of the Institute||Average Fee|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||INR 7,000|
|Jamia Hamdard||INR 9,300|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||INR 366|
|Nalanda Open University||INR 2,400|
|Annamalai University||INR 2,200|
|DU School of open learning||INR 3,430|
How to get admission to a good BA Business Economics college?
To get admission in a good college for Business Economics course, students should consider the following points before deciding any.
- Search on the internet and/or ask for details from your well-wishers.
- List down the colleges and make a tabulation with its essential details.
- Select the college and know whether the college has any entrance examination to get into it.
- Make sure that you are eligible for the particular course to enter into the college.
- Collect the study materials for the entrance exam corresponding to the recognized institution or university.
- Prepare for the entrance exam, and follow mock tests.
- Note the important dates such as application deadline, examination date, and so on.
BA Business Economics: Course Syllabus
The following are the syllabus of BA in Business Economics:
|YEAR I||YEAR II||YEAR III|
|Economics of firm strategy||Entrepreneurial Development I||Macroeconomics I|
|Economics of Money and Banking||Statistics for Business Analysis I||Fiscal Economics I & II|
|Managerial Economics||Marketing I||International Economics I & II|
|Economics of Firm Strategy||Entrepreneurial Development II||Indian Economy and Economic Reforms|
|Economics of Money and Banking||Statistics for Business Analysis II||Human Resource Development I & II|
|Basic Financial Accounting||Marketing II||Financial Markets|
|Electives: Human Resource Development Paper I & II and Financial Markets|
BA Business Economics: Job Profiles
Majorly career has three domains such as government, private sector jobs, and self-employment opportunities. To apply for a government job, the candidate requires a bachelor's degree. For example, the following government job positions are mentioned below,
- Government banks
- Civil service
- State civil service
- Relevant government jobs
According to Payscale.com, each graduate can get paid about 554,595 INR. The market research associate gets paid about 415 thousand INR. Credit Analysts get paid about 577 thousand INR annually. Corporate Communications Associates are eligible to get 607 thousand INR each year. Digital Marketing Manager, Executive Assistant, Financial Consultant gets paid about 2,90,000 INR, 1,39,000 INR and 8,09,000 INR respectively. Based on the survey, experienced are likely to get 12.5% higher than usual.
Below are some of the job positions with an average annual salary in India. However, it can be changed depending upon their experience.
|Job Title||Job description||Average Annual Salary|
|Teacher||Teachers' job to analyze the students’ performance in the classroom and evaluate their exam results.||INR 3,01,462 LPA|
|Professor||After school, the students gain a piece of knowledge from the professor. At this level, they have a wide range of courses to study.||INR 9,13,657 LPA|
|Content Editor||Content editors have a charge to write content in a document, and they also create an outline, introduction, and assessment with a suitable example.||INR 3,72,593 LPA|
|Business Analyst||One who specialized in solving the problems in the business area will be placed as a business analyst. The business analyst knows about detecting or identifying the required action plans.||INR 5,84,753 LPA|
BA Business Economics: Future Scope
Future scope of business economics are applicable in private areas for the various part, which is given below,
- Stock exchanges
- Finance Institutes
- Business Firms
- IMPEX Firms
- Manufacturing Firms
Students who are not interested in a job after completing a bachelor’s degree in economics can pick a PG degree to gain more knowledge and rapid skills. After graduation, a student can apply for various job positions, including teacher & tutor, lecturer, Business and finance Analyst, etc. Further, students interested in getting a high salary and gaining more knowledge in economics can apply for PG courses (M.A and M.Phil.) and Ph.D. studies.
BA Business Economics: FAQs
Ques: What is the course duration for BA Business Economics?
Ques: Is that mandatory to write an entrance examination?
Ques: What are the top roles that I can opt for after graduation?
Ques: What are the available options for students after completion of graduation?
Ques: What are the top colleges related to BA Business Economics?
- Lady Shri ram college
- Loyola college
- Christ university
- Miranda house college
- Madras Christian college
Ques: What is the average salary of a teacher and Business analyst?
Ques: Is it necessary to have commerce in 12th to pursue Business Economics in graduation?
Ques: Which are the top colleges that offer MBA in Business Economics in India?