LLB Admission 2021 is done on the basis of an entrance exam in most of the colleges. Universities accept the score of any national or university level entrance exam that a candidate has appeared for.
LLB or Bachelor of Legislative Law is a UG law degree which is for anyone who wants to enter the field of judiciary and law. The duration of this course is 3 years, which helps to develop skills like problem-solving, communication, and judgment.
There are more than 1200 LLB colleges in India, which comprise of many top national universities like Delhi University, BHU, Symbiosis Law School, etc. LLB Admission can be done through both entrance exams and based on the performance in class 12.
Top LLB Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Exam Accepted||Application Status|
|National Law School of India University, Bengaluru||CLAT||January 1 – March 31, 2021 (Closed)|
|NLU, New Delhi||AILET||January 23 – June 25, 2021|
|Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad||CLAT||January 1 – March 31, 2021 (Closed)|
|IIT Kharagpur||IITK Law Entrance Exam||February 23, 2021-March 20,2021 (Closed)|
|NLU, Jodhpur||AILET||January 23 – June 25, 2021|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences||CLAT||Up to July 10, 2021|
|Gujarat National Law University||CLAT||February 2021- August 15, 2021|
|Symbiosis Law School||SET||February 18, 2021- July 7, 2021|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||JMI Law Entrance Test||February 2021- April 26, 2021(Closed)|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha||KIITEE||December 10, 2020 - May 31, 2021 (Closed)|
LLB Entrance Exams 2021
|CLAT||Consortium of NLUs||Postponed||Online|
|LSAT||Law School Admission Council (LSAC)||May 29, 2021||Online|
|TS LAWCET||Osmania University||August 23, 2021||Offline|
|AP LAWCET||Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu on behalf of APSCHE||1st week of July 2021||Computer-Based|
|MHT CET||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State||1st week of July 2021||Online|
|SET SLAT||Symbiosis International University||June 27, July 10 & 13, 2021||Offline and Online|
|DU LLB Entrance Exam||DU’s Faculty of Law||September 2021||Computer-Based|
LLB Admission 2021 Eligibility
For LLB admission 2021 a candidate needs to fulfill the given criteria:
The student who is an LLB aspirant has to pass the 12th level education with any stream with a minimum of 35% marks from any well known state or central board of education which is the primary eligibility criteria of LLB entrance exams.
LLB Admission Process 2021
LLB Admission process can be of two types:
- Merit Based: Some colleges generate their cut off list, and if one has scored within the asked criteria, then he or she becomes eligible to take admission in LLB course.
- Entrance Based: All the top LLB colleges like Osmania University, etc organize LLB entrances like TS LAWCET, AP LAWCET, SET SLAT, DU LLB, etc.
CLAT is a national level law entrance test taken by the National Testing Agency. The candidates who score above the cut off get a seat in one of the best National Law Universities in India.
Eligibility for CLAT
- No upper age limit
- 10+2 from a recognized board
- Minimum 45% aggregate
TS LAWCET is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Osmania University. This entrance exam gives a chance for admission into the various reputed law colleges in the state of Telangana.
Eligibility for TS LAWCET
|3 year LLB||Graduation degree or something equal from a well known University with minimum 45% aggregate|
|5 year LLB||Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) or something of equal value from a recognized Board with minimum 45% aggregate|
|Nationality||Indian nationals who satisfy domicile status as said by Telangana State Educational Institutions, 1974 amendment.|
AP LAWCET is a state level entrance exam for law colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. AP LAWCET is held by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu for APSCHE.
Eligibility for AP LAWCET
- Passed qualifying examination in 10+2+3 format.
- A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit present to appear in MHT CET 2021.
- Candidates must have passed HSC/class XII exam or some examination of equal importance with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
- Candidates giving the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) or the entrance exams conducted by the Symbiosis Institute (Deemed University) for admission into UG programs. You can check SET 2021 Registration by clicking here- SET 2021 Registration
Eligibility for SET SLAT
- Class 12 (10+2) or equivalent examination passed from any recognized board
- Secured at least 45% marks (40% marks for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes)
DU LLB Entrance Exam
- Candidates must be Graduate/Post Graduate from any university under UGC.
- Candidates appearing in final year of qualifying degree examination also are eligible to sit in DU LL.B.
- No candidate who has passed LL.B. course from any University shall be allowed to have admission.
- No candidate on the rolls of LL.B. or ex-student of any University shall be granted admission in DU LL.B. course unless they get their admission cancelled.
- Unreserved and EWS Category candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks or the same mark in aggregate within the qualifying degree examination while OBC/CW/PwD Category and SC/ST Category Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% and 40% marks respectively.
LLB Admissions 2021 Government Colleges And Private Colleges
|NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL OF INDIA UNIVERSITY - [NLSIU], BANGALORE||INR 2.14 Lakhs|
|UNIVERSITY OF DELHI||INR 5,428|
|NALSAR UNIVERSITY OF LAW - [NALSAR], HYDERABAD||INR 2.42 Lakhs|
|THE WEST BENGAL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCES - [NUJS], KOLKATA||INR 243,600|
|NATIONAL LAW INSTITUTE UNIVERSITY - [NLIU], BHOPAL||INR 189,500|
|SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL - [SLS], PUNE||INR 2.5 Lakhs|
Ques: Can you pursue LLB from IGNOU?
Ques: Ques: Which subjects are there in LLB?
Ques: Which is a better option, 3 year LLB or 5 year LLB?
Ques: Which is better LLB or BA LLB?
Ques: What age should you be for doing LLB?
Ques:Is Du LLB entrance 2021 hard ?
Ques: Can you become a lawyer after 30?
Ques: Can I do LLB and BCom together?