B.Tech Energy Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate degree course. It is a full-time course comprising eight semesters. B.Tech in energy engineering course provides a solid background in Nuclear Plants.
See More: B.Tech Courses
Candidates completing 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects or its equivalent from a recognized board are eligible for this course. They must secure at least 60% of aggregate marks.
JEE Main is the national level entrance exam conducted for providing admission into this course. Few other entrance exams are also conducted on state or institute level. The average fee structure for this course ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 80,000 which depends upon the college.
An average salary offered to such graduates can range from 4, 00,000 to INR 8, 50,000 per annum. Top Recruiting areas in which BTech Energy Engineering degree holders can get a job are Electrical Energy and Power Companies, Development Centres and Research, Power Plants, Technology Transfer Companies and Fuel Technology Companies, etc.
B.Tech Energy Engineering: Course Highlights
Highlights for the BTech Energy Engineering are given in the table below:
|Full-Form||BTech Energy Engineering|
|Eligibility||The students must complete 10+2 in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized university.|
|Admission Process||Entrance based and merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 90,000- INR 1, 90,000 per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 4, 00,000 –INR 8, 50,000 per annum.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Universities and Colleges, Development Centres and Research, Electrical Energy and Power Companies, Power Plants, Technology Transfer Companies and Fuel Technology Companies, etc.|
|Job Profile||Energy Utility Industry Officer, Renewable Energy System Integrator, Energy Auditor, Manufacture Engineer, Tool Design Engineer, Professor or Assistant Professor and Planning and Scheduling Engineer, etc.|
B.Tech in Energy Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants should pass the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for admissions in BTech Energy Engineering:-
- Aspirants should clear 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with minimum 60% marks in Science Stream.
- Aspirants should have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the main subjects for enrolling in the entrance examination.
- Valid entrance examination score is must in the institutes offering admissions on the entrance basis.
B.Tech in Energy Engineering: Admission Process
Admissions in Bachelor courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
Admissions in Bachelor courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
- JEE, UPSEE, SRMJEEE, UPESEAT, VITEEE, KCET, HITSEEE and more are conducted for admission in the Bachelor's programs of top colleges in India.
- Candidates need to have completed their bachelors in a computer subject along with 50% marked to be eligible for Bachelor International Business courses.
- Certain colleges give admission on merit basis also, after considering the CGPA or Percentage obtained in graduation.
B.Tech in Energy Engineering: Entrance Exams
Different entrances has different pattern of question like:
For admission in BTech Energy Engineering in United College of Engineering & Research, Noida and Institute of Engineering and Technology Entrance exam is UPSEE and Jee Main.
- UPSEE: UPSEE is the State level entrance exam for admission in BTech Energy Engineering. Mode of examination is Online and Offline depending on the course one wants to opt.
- JEE Main: JEE Main is a National level exam which tests Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is conducted by NTA in April onwards. It is a CBT (Computer-based exam) paper consisting of MCQs.
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
||Computer Based Test|
|UPSEE||AKTU||1st week of May 2021||Online ( Computer Based)|
|VITEEE||VIT University||November 30, 2020 - March 30, 2021||June 18 – 26, 2021|
|SRMJEEE||SRM University||December 12, 2020 - May 31, 2021||June 11, 2021 to June 16, 2021|
|BITSAT||BITS Pilani||February 23, 2021 - May 29, 2021||TBA|
Why study B.Tech Energy Engineering Course?
- BTech Energy Engineering deals with the Energy issues and works towards the betterment of the same by improving the resources and scientific techniques.
- Energy Engineering is a blooming field which can let the candidates work in a private or public company in the areas like Universities and Colleges, Development Centres and Research, Electrical Energy and Power Companies, Power Plants, Technology Transfer Companies and Fuel Technology Companies, etc.
- The job profile and salary prospects vary as per the company and post offered.
- The jobs which can be bagged by an Energy engineer are Energy Utility Industry Officer, Renewable Energy System Integrator, Energy Auditor, Manufacture Engineer, Tool Design Engineer, Professor or Assistant Professor and Planning and Scheduling Engineer, etc. etc.
B.Tech Energy Engineering: Course Comparison
The comparisons between B. Tech Energy Engineering course and B.Tech (Nanotechnology) course are as follows:-
|Parameters||B.Tech (Energy Engineering)||B.Tech (Nanotechnology)|
|Duration||4 years||4 years|
|Course Objective||B.Tech in energy engineering course provides a solid background in Nuclear Plants. Power Industry and renewable energy technology.||Nanotechnology provides the study of atomic and Nanoscale methodology and is a diverse field consisting of various concepts.|
|Eligibility||The students must complete 10+2 in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized university.||12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with an average aggregate of 50% - 55%.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1, 50,000- INR 10, 90,000 per annum||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000 per annum.|
|Average Salary||INR 5, 00,000 –INR 9, 50,000 per annum.||INR 4,50,000 INR 5,00,000 per annum.|
B.Tech Energy Engineering: Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Top Colleges||Average Annual fees|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||INR 80,000-INR 90,000|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 75,000-INR 90,000|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||INR 70,000-INR 85,000|
|Northeastern Hill University||INR 60,000-INR 90,000|
|Chandigarh University||INR 70,000-INR 90,000|
|Roorkee Institute of Technology||INR 80,000-INR 2,70,000|
B.Tech Energy Engineering: College Comparison
Comparison between top BTech Energy Engineering colleges is listed below:
|Basis||SRM University||IIMT Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 230,000 Lac||INR 350,000 Lac|
|Average Annual Placement Packages||INR 6.85 lakhs||INR 5 lakhs|
|Top Companies Visited||Max Healthcare, Apollo Hospitals||Medanta, HCL technologies|
B.Tech Energy Engineering: Syllabus
The syllabus for the B.Tech Energy Engineering course is given in the below table:
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Computer Programming||Chemistry||Basic Electrical Engineering||Power electronics and machines|
|Chemistry||Linear Algebra and Ordinary Differential Equations I||Environmental Studies||Introduction to numerical analysis|
|Economics||Modern Physics||Thermodynamics and energy conversion||Material Science for energy applications|
|Computer Programming||Electricity and Magnetism||-||Electronics|
|Modern Physics||Data Analysis and Interpretation||-||-|
|Electricity and Magnetism||-||-||-|
|Semester V||Semester VI||Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Heat and mass transfer||Electrical energy systems||Energy resources, economics, and environment||Institute elective|
|Introduction to renewable energy technologies||Power generation and system planning||Energy Systems modeling and analysis||Energy management|
|Equipment design and control||Department Elective||Department elective||Department elective|
|Fluid mechanics||Combustion engineering||Department elective||Electrochemistry|
B.Tech in Energy Engineering: Important Books
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name Of The Book||Author|
|Energy Engineering and Management||Amlan Chakrabarti|
|Energy Engineering||Dr. R.K.Hegde|
|Renewable Energy Engineering||Dr. Subhash L.Gadhave|
|Renewable Energy Engineering||J.P. Hadiya H.G. Katariya|
B.Tech Energy Engineering Course: Job Prospects
The best job profiles with a description of the B.Tech Energy Engineering course are the following:-
|Job Profiles||Average Salary|
|Energy Auditor||INR 5, 50,000-INR 8, 50,000 per annum.|
|Programmer||INR 5, 00,000-INR 5, 10,000 per annum.|
|Field Engineer||INR 4, 10,000-INR 5, 50,000 per annum.|
|Project Engineer||INR 6, 00,000-INR 7, 20,000 per annum.|
B.Tech Energy Engineering: Future Scope
B.Tech Energy Engineering graduates can prefer to do jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BTech Energy Engineering degree are as follows.
- MTech: Students who wish to continue in the same field of education, they must opt for the MTech program. It is a 2 year PG course and the eligibility criteria is having a BE or BTech in any specialization. This is one of the most popular postgraduate engineering programs and admissions are highly competitive in various colleges and institutes.
- MBA: Students who wish to get into the field of management can opt for PGDM or MBA course. Admissions to such courses are offered through a national level exams. Having a BTech degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many companies offer a handsome amount of salary to the candidates.
- PhD: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a PhD Design Engineering. It is a three to five year duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a MBA Degree in related disciplines.
B.Tech Energy Engineering: FAQs
Ques. What are the advanced courses which can be pursued after BTech Energy Engineering?
Ques. How common is BTech Energy Engineering?
Ques. What are the documents required for admissions in BTech Energy Engineering?
- School leaving certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate/ residential proof or certificate
- Provisional certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
- Passing certificate/ Degree certificate
- Age proof
- No objection Certificate
Ques. Is it compulsory to have mathematics as a main subject in the 10+2 examination?
Ques. Is Energy Engineering a good course to study?