BTech Telecom Informatics, full form Bachelor of Technology Telecom Informatics, is a 4-year engineering undergraduate course. It is a full-time course consisting of eight semesters. In this course, students will learn the basics of telecom infrastructure, telecom networking, network design, mobile communications standard, etc.
Eligibility for BTech Telecom Informatics is that the candidates should have a minimum aggregate score of 50% in 12th from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects. After that, they need to qualify a relevant National or State level entrance papers like JEE , UPESEAT to get admission to this course.
See More: BTech Courses
BTech Telecom Informatics Course Highlights
|Full-Form||BTech Telecom Informatics|
|Eligibility||The students must complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized university.|
|Admission Process||Entrance based and merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 1, 50,000- INR 10, 90,000 per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 5, 00,000 –INR 9, 50,000 per annum.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Unisys, HCL ASUS, Tata Docomo, IBM, Wipro Airtel, Cisco Systems, Vodafone, Siemens, Reliance, etc.|
|Job Profile||Telecom Network Engineer, Telecom Sales Engineer, Telecom Specialist, Software Engineer, Design Engineer, Telecom Security Engineer, and Telecommunication Engineer|
Do I qualify for BTech Telecom Informatics Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria to pursue this 4-year full-time engineering course are mentioned below:-
- The students must complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized university.
- Getting a minimum 60% of marks in the 10+2 examination (50% for SC/ST and OBC students) is a must for all the students to appear in the entrance examinations.
- Must clear the entrance examinations either may be national or state.
What is the BTech Telecom Informatics Admission Process
- Candidates who are willing to get admission in this stream can apply to BTech Telecom Informatics colleges by both offline and online means.
- You can either reach the official website of the institute or to this step admission office of the institute to fill the admission application form.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Admissions in Bachelor courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
- JEE, UPESEAT, VITEEE, KCET, HITSEEE and more are conducted for admission in the Bachelor's programs of top colleges in India.
- Candidates need to have completed their bachelors in a computer subject along with 50% marked to be eligible for Bachelor International Business courses.
- Certain colleges give admission on merit basis also, after considering the CGPA or Percentage obtained in graduation.
What are the top BTech Telecom Informatics Entrance Exams?
The admission process is conducted based on the scores obtained in the entrance examinations. The important entrance examinations conducted for pursuing admission in B.Tech Telecom Informatics Course are as follows:-
- JEE Advanced: It is a National level entrance exam conducted for pursuing admission in IITs.
- JEE Mains: It is a State level entrance exam conducted for pursuing admission in NITs, and other Engineering colleges.
- COMEDK: This entrance exam is conducted for pursuing admission in all the Engineering colleges of Karnataka.
- Amity JEE: Amity University conducts entrance exams every year to pursue admission in Engineering courses.
What is the BTech Telecom Informatics Syllabus?
The syllabus for the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course is given in the below table:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Mathematics I||Mathematics II|
|Data Structures and Programming||Database Management Systems|
|Open Standards and Open Source||Advanced-Data Structures|
|Design Thinking||English Communications|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||Environmental Studies|
|Basic Electronics Engineering Lab||Chemistry Lab|
|Data Structures and Programming Lab||Advanced-Data Structure Lab|
|-||Fundamentals of Telecom Business|
|-||Database Management Systems|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Computer System Architecture||Data Communication and Networks|
|Analysis of Algorithms and Designs||Microprocessor and Embedded Systems|
|Advanced Database Management Systems||Philosophy of Science|
|Operating Systems||Dynamic Paradigm in Telecom Informatics II|
|Advanced Concepts in Telecom Business||Theory of Automata & Computation|
|Analysis of Algorithms and Designs Lab||Data Communication and Computer Networks Lab|
|Dynamic Paradigm in Telecom Informatics 1||Communication Workshop 2.0|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Computer Graphics||Micro Processor & Embedded Systems|
|Object-Oriented Analysis and Design||Artificial Intelligence|
|Formal Languages and Automata Theory||Wireless & Ad-hoc Network|
|Mobile Apps Using Android||Mobile Communication Network Design Lab|
|Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Lab||Program Elective-2|
|Dynamic Paradigm in Telecom Informatics 3||Wireless & Ad-hoc Network Lab|
|Minor Project I||Minor Project II|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|IBM Subject-10/IBM Elective||Real-Time Operating System Internals|
|Cryptography and Network Security||Telecom Analytics|
|Business Intelligence||Backup & DR (except for where it is the main subject)|
|Operation Support System||Cyber Forensic (except for where it is the main subject)|
|Open Elective-2||Social Analytics (except for where it is the main subject)|
|Program Elective-3||PE – IV|
|Cryptography and Network Security Lab||Major Project II|
Important Books for BTech Telecom Informatics Course?
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name Of The Book||Author|
|The Essential Guide To Telecommunications||Annabel Z.Dodd|
|Informatics Practices||Dhanpat Raj|
|Telecommunications Crash Course||Steven Shepard|
|Telecommunications Essential||Kitty Wilson Jarrett|
What are the BTech Telecom Informatics Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average fees|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 1,50,000-INR 3,70,000|
|Hindustan University||Entrance based-Merit based||INR5,75,000-INR 6,90,000|
|Amity University||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 7,30,000-INR 8,90,000|
|Amity University||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 9,60,000-INR 10,80,000|
|Galgotias University||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 4,50,000-INR 5,30,000|
|IIT||JEE Main||INR 222,995|
- The average fees charged for pursuing this B.Tech Telecom Informatics course ranges from INR 1, 50,000- INR 10, 90,000 per annum.
- The dual degree that is offered along with this course is the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course is B.Tech in Telecommunication Engineering course.
- The future aspect of the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course is good. Students get various job opportunities after completing the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course.
- The average salary for these job profiles ranges from INR 5, 00,000 –INR 9, 50,000 per annum.
- Further students can pursue M.Tech in Telecom Informatics course. M.Phil and Doctorate in Telecom Informatics are also available for the students.
What after B.Tech in Telecom Informatics?
The best job profiles with a description of the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course are as follows:-
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Telecom Switch Software Specialists||Responsible for installing networks, featuring programs, and network documenting.||INR 5, 50,000-INR 9, 50,000 per annum.|
|App Designers||Responsible for wireframes, designing apps, and animating and illustrating app- appearance.||INR 5, 00,000-INR 5, 10,000 per annum.|
|Programmer||Responsible for solving programs, making site visits and creating and designing systems, etc.||INR 5, 30,000-INR 5, 50,000 per annum.|
|Business and Operations Support Systems Specialist||Responsible for integrate service performance, the fulfillment of service management, and making the service product catalog.||INR 5, 20,000-INR 10, 50,000 per annum.|
|Tester||Responsible for conducting tests and reports validating etc.||INR 8, 00,000-INR10, 20,000 per annum.|
What is the future scope for B.Tech Telecom Informatics Course?
The future scope after BTech Telecom Informatics course is very good. Students can work in diverse positions once they complete this course.
- In the B.Tech Telecom Informatics course, students will learn the basics of telecom infrastructure, telecom networking, network design, mobile communications standard, etc.
- In the domain of telecom informatics, IT applications are used. Through IT applications business analytics, mobile apps programming, and optimization design and created.
- Further students can pursue M.Tech in Telecom Informatics course. After that, further, they can also pursue M.Phil and Doctorate in Telecom Informatics course.
- Related course with this course is M.Tech in Telecom Informatics. Students can study in detail and do research about the design circuit and develop mass strategies of telecommunication.
What is the difference between BTech Telecom Informatics vs B.Tech in Nanotechnology?
The comparisons between B. Tech Telecom Informatics course and B.Tech (Nanotechnology) course are as follows:-
|Parameters||B.Tech Telecom Informatics||B.Tech (Nanotechnology)|
|Duration||4 years||4 years|
|Course Objective||Students after pursuing this course will able to know how to design circuits and develop mass strategies.||Nanotechnology provides the study of atomic and Nanoscale methodology and is a diverse field consisting of various concepts.|
|Eligibility||The students must complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized university.||12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with an average aggregate of 50% - 55%.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1, 50,000- INR 10, 90,000 per annum||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000 per annum.|
|Average Salary||INR 5, 00,000 –INR 9, 50,000 per annum.||INR 4,50,000 INR 5,00,000 per annum.|
Graph showing Comparison between BTech Telecom Informatics and B.Tech in Nanotechnology
BTech Telecom InformaticsFAQs
Ques. What is total duration of BTech Telecom Informatics course?
Ans. Total duration of BTech Telecom Informatics course 4 years.
Ques What are the entrance exams to pursue this course course?
Ans. Yes, you have to appear for National and State level entrance examinations before pursuing this course.
Ques. Is it possible to do MBA after completing BTech Telecom Informatics Course?
Ans.Yes. you can pursue MBA after completing BTech Telecom Informatics course.
Ques. What type of job opportunities is available after B.Tech Telecom Informatics Course?
Ans. Most jobs in private and government telecom industries are available after BTech Telecom Informatics Course.
Ques. Can I do BTech Telecom Informatics Course without Mathematics?
Ans.No, you cannot do BTech Telecom Informatics Course without Mathematics.
Ques. What subjects are needed to pursue BTech Telecom Informatics Course?
Ans. The subjects that are needed to pursue B.Tech Telecom Informatics course are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ques. What are the minimum marks required for appearing in the entrance examination?
Ans. For appearing in the entrance examination a student must require to get a minimum of 60% of marks in the 10+2 examination in the Science stream.
Ques. Should I choose B? Tech in Telecom Informatics after 12th?
Ans. Yes, you can pursue this course after completing the 12th final year exam from any recognized board.
Ques. What is the average salary of a fresher after pursuing a course in B.Tech in Telecom Informatics?
Ans. The average salary of a fresher after pursuing a course in B.Tech Telecom Informatics is INR 5, 00,000-INR 10, 00,000 per annum.
Ques. Is Telecom Informatics is a good course to study?
Ans. Yes, this is a very good course to study as there are many career opportunities in telecom industries associated with this undergraduate engineering course.