AP PGECET Results 2018 – Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, will release the results of the Andhra Pradesh PGECET on May 20 in online mode. AP PGECET Results are prepared after compling and evaluating the response sheets. The state level engineering examination was successfully conducted in multiple sessions from May 10 – 12. The answer keys and objections against the same can be done on May 14 and May 16 respectively. Know more
Test takers can view and download their AP PGECET Scores available at sche.ap.gov/pgecet. Enter your Registration No. and DOB to access the page. The results of PGECET will carry secured marks and qualifying status of the candidate.
Rank Card of AP PGECET will also be released with the results. Candidates who score above the minimum cut off marks will be called for the counselling procedure for final admissions. Colleges will give first preference to GATE/ GPAT qualifiers to fill in their seats.
Result Important Dates
|AP PGECET 2018 Answer Key||May 14, 2018|
|Last date to receive objections on Preliminary Keys||May 16, 2018|
|AP PGECET Results 2018||May 20, 2018|
|AP PGECET 2018 Counselling||June 2018|
Steps to check AP PGECET 2018 Result
Step 1: Visit AP PGECET Official Website.
Step 2: Click ‘AP PGECET 2018 Result’ link.
Step 3: Enter Registration No. and DOB.
Step 4: Select the Paper Code attempted.
Step 5: View and print the result of AP PGECET 2018 for future references.
Details in AP PGECET 2018 Result
Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Exam/ Paper Code
- AP PGECET 2018 Rank with the percentile and score secured by the candidate
- Qualifying status of Candidate
Rank Card/ Score Card
- AP PGECET 2018 Rank Card is released separately after the results are announced.
- Only those who qualify will get a position on the merit list.
- Candidates must take print out of the Rank card as it will be required at the time of AP PGECET Counselling and Seat Allotment procedure.
- At the time of preparing the rank cards, the admission authorities will allot ranks to candidates qualifying the examination with the qualifying percentage marks.
The qualifying marks for obtaining a rank in AP PGECET 2018 is 25% of total marks. This means, 30 marks out of a total of 120 marks. However, SC/ ST category candidates there is no minimum qualifying marks.
Note: Ranks obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks in the exam by SC/ ST claiming candidates will stand cancelled in case the claim is found invalid at the time of admissions.
Details in AP PGECET 2018 Rank Card
- Name of the candidate
- Father Name
- AP PGECET 2018 Test Paper
- AP PGECET 2018 Rank
- Marks scored in AP PGECET 2018
- Percentile secured in AP PGECET 2018
- Remarks: Qualified or Not Qualified
Note: Take out two copies of AP PGECET 2018 Rank Card on A4 size paper at the time of counselling.
Important Terms in AP PGECET Results
AP PGECET Scores
- AP PGECET 2018 Score can be calculated using a formula available on the official website.
- AP PGECET Score is the most important term used for admission and in declaring cutoffs for counselling and admission process.
AP PGECET Percentile
- AP PGECET 2018 Percentile is the percentage of people behind a candidate (as per rank) in the exam.
- The lower the candidates’ rank, higher will be the percentile. The first rank holder (toppers) percentile is considered to be 100 and the last rank holders percentile is 0.
AP PGECET Merit List
- AP PGECET 2018 Merit list will be available in May 2018
- It is published online in pdf format.
- It indicated theOverall Rank and Category-wise Rank of the candidate.
- The merit list forms the basis for admissions in the universities and colleges affiliated with AP PGECET.
- The merit list will also specify the course-wise cut off in AP PGECET entrance exam.
Tie-break in AP PGECET 2018 Merit List:
When two or more candidates have scored equal marks in AP PGECET, it leads to a tie in AP PGECET merit list and result. In such case, the candidates with equal marks cannot be given the same merit. APSCHE has defined a proper grounds of tie-breaking ruled, they are as follows:
- Candidates with more marks in qualifying degree examination will be preferred over the other candidate, in the case of equal marks scored in AP PGECET entrance exam.
- In the case candidates have secured equal marks in the qualifying degree examination too, the tie will be broken by giving preference to candidates older in age.
- If the candidates are of same age, then the tie in AP PGECET merit list 2018 will be broken by draw of lots.
AP PGECET 2018 Cut Off
- AP PGECET 2018 Cut Off is the minimum score required to secure admission in the various M. Tech courses in Andhra Pradesh.
- AP PGECET 2018 cut off will depend on many factors such as:
- The number of applicants
- Difficulty level of paper
- Seats availablity
- the previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
The data from the previous years can, however, be used by candidates to understand the ranks that may fetch them a good M.Tech seat in the college or university of their choice in the branch of their preference
Note: The cut off will be different for GATE qualifiers and AP PGECET 2018 qualified candidates.
AP PGECET Counselling
- AP PGECET 2018 Counselling process will begin in June 2018.
- Qualified candidates have to carry necessary documents at the time of counselling.
- Counselling will be conducted in 2 rounds.
- Counselling for GATE and AP PGECET qualifiers will be conducted separately.
- Candidates will be able to appear for counselling after they are done with certificate verification and submission of the counselling fee.
Tentative schedule of AP PGECET 2018 Counselling is mentioned below:
|June 2018||9 am to 5 pm||GATE||1||Last Rank|
|1 pm||AP PGECET||1||400|
|June 2018||9 am||AP PGECET||401||1500|
|June 2018||9 am||AP PGECET||2501||4500|
|June 2018||9 am||AP PGECET||6501||12000|
|1 pm||12001||Last Rank|
Check detailedAP PGECET Counselling Procedure
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College