Table of Contents
Assam CEE 2020 Exam Dates(Revised), Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern
Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati conducts Assam CEE, a combined entrance examination for admission to various undergraduate engineering programs in member institutions. Assam CEE 2020 was postponed and all dates have been revised. Fresh dates for Assam CEE is June 28, 2020. Earlier Assam CEE was stipulated to be held on April 7, 2020.
Latest: ASSAM CEE 2020 Application Form has been extended until May 27, 2020.
- ASSAM CEE 2020 official notificationhas been released on the official website.
- The lower age limit should be minimum 17-year and the upper age limit must not exceed 22-year. The age will be calculated as on August 1, 2020. Check Assam CEE 2020 Eligibility
- Assam CEE Admit Card download will start after the application process is over.
- ASTU will soon release the cut off to short list students for admission. Check Assam Cee 2020 Cut off
- Those qualifying the exam will be called for Assam CEE Counselling from the 4th week of July 2020(tentatively.
- Assam CEE 2020 will facilitate admission to around 1200 UG engineering seats in participating institutes.
Assam CEE 2020 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Assam Combined Entrance Exam (Assam CEE)|
|Conducting Body||Dibrugarh University, Assam|
|Type of Exam||State-level|
|Application fee||INR 650|
|Number of Colleges||6|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Assam CEE Exam Dates 2020
DTE, Assam releases the official dates for the Assam CEE Exam. Given below is the schedule for the exam:
|Online Application Form starts from||March 2 – May 27, 2020 (Extended)|
|Availability of Assam CEE Admit Card||June 10, 2020|
|Asaam CEE 2020 Exam Date||June 28, 2020|
|Result Declaration||July 13, 2020|
|Assam CEE Counselling||July 2020|
Assam CEE Eligibility 2020
Candidate can check Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Residential Eligibility: Candidate should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- It is compulsory to spend a period of time in the Assam state of minimum 20 years.
- The children of officers of all India services working in the state of Assam are exempted from the above condition.
- For officer’s children, it is necessary to study 7th class to 12th class from Assam board.
- Candidates those parents are transferred to the outside of Assam, can get relaxation on the period for which their parents were living outside.
- Age Criteria: The age of the candidate will lie between 17 to 24 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Relaxation: There is a relaxation in age for reserving categories.
For Engineering Degree Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates must appear in 12th or equivalent from recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain 50% marks (45% for SC and 40% for ST candidates) in the qualifying examination.
For BAMS/BHMS Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates applying for the exam should pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as a subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must score the 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination.
Assam CEE Application Form 2020
The application form of Assam CEE 2020 has been available online from March 2, 2020. Candidates can fill Assam CEE 2020 Application Form until May 27, 2020.
- University provides the admission related information on website and also in the local newspapers.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode.
- Candidates have to register themselves by filling all the required details.
- After that candidates can login to the website with application number/username and password.
- Candidates have to upload the recent color passport size photograph of maximum size 35KB and minimum is 20KB.
- There is no need to send copy the application form or any document to the university.
- After submitting online application form, the candidate has to take a print out of Challan.
- The Challan can be deposited in any branch of the State Bank of India.
- The candidate should keep his/her copy of Challan after depositing requisite fee.
|BAMS/BHMS and Engineering||INR 1540|
Assam CEE Admit Card 2020
- The admit card of Assam CEE 2020 will be available for all registered candidates on the official website.
- Candidates will have to download the admit card, which is an important document that has to be produced at the examination centre.
- If any candidates is not able to bring the admit card, then they will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- To download the Assam CEE 2020 admit card, the candidates will have to submit their application number and date of birth.
- Details about the examination centre, timings and candidate’s information will be available in the admit card.
- While reporting at the exam centre, the candidates will have to carry a recent post card size photograph along with the admit card.
Assam CEE Exam Centers 2020
The exam centres of Assam 2020 consists of the cities where the entrance examination will be held. All candidates will be required to submit their choice of exam centres while filling the online application form. Allotment of Assam CEE 2020 exam centres will be done as per the selection made by the candidates. The details about the exam centre will be mentioned in the admit card.
Assam CEE Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates preparing for Assam CEE 2020 must familiarise themselves with the Assam CEE 2020 Exam Pattern so as to get an idea of the question paper format.
- Duration of Exam: Each paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
- Number of Question: It shall contain 100 questions.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries one mark.
- Negative marking: There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Subjects||Total Marks||Duration of Exam|
Note: Candidates appearing in both Degree Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
Assam CEE Result 2020
- The candidates will be able to check their secured scores through the result of Assam CEE 2020 which will be announced by Assam Science and Technology University in the month of July 13, 2020.
- Assam CEE 2020 Result can be obtained by the candidates after entering their roll number.
- The marks and ranks obtained along with the qualifying status of the candidate will be available in the released result.
- A merit list will be available which will display the obtained ranks of the candidates.
- Only those candidates who manage to secure the required marks will qualify for admissions into the participating institutes.
Assam CEE Reservation of Seats
Below is the table is given for each reserved category and percentages of seats allotted for various B.Tech courses of Assam CEE 2020:
|Category||Seat Reservation||Category||Seat Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste||7%||Scheduled Tribes (Plains)||10%|
|Scheduled Tribes (Hills)||5%||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Tea Garden Labor Community||1 seat in each college||Ex- Tea Garden Labor Community||1 seat in each college|
|Son/Daughter of Ex-serviceman||1 seat in each college||Son/daughter/grand-son/grand-daughter of freedom fighters||2 seats in AEC, JEC and JIST|
|Physically challenged||3% of college intake capacity||NCC||1 seat in each college|
|Sportsman||1 seat in each college||Moran/ Motak Communities||1 seat in each college|
Assam CEE Counselling 2020
- All candidates who are listed in the released merit list will have to fill and submit Form B to be registered for Assam CEE 2020 Counselling Session.
- While filling the Form B, the candidates will have to select their 3 choices of course and college (in order of preference).
- The personal and educational details of the candidate also has to be filled.
- The filled Form B has to be submitted at the counselling venue along with other required documents.
- After the documents are successfully verified, the candidates will have to sit for an interview.
- Payment of the counselling fees has to be done.
- Allotment of seats will done as per the merit of the candidate, their preferred choices and availability of seats during the counselling session.
- The allotted candidates will have to report at their respective institutes and complete the admission formalities.
- If the candidates are not able to finish the admission formalities within the allotted time then their seat will be cancelled.
Colleges Accepting Assam CEE Scores & Seat Allocation
Directorate of Technical Education, Assam held the CEE for the admission in following colleges. There are 6 Colleges Accepting ASSAM CEE Score in which the admissions are done through Assam CEE.
|Government Colleges||Seat Intake|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat||240|
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj||120|
|Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam||-|
Given below are the private institutes that offer admission to B. Tech courses through Assam CEE –
|Private Colleges||Private Colleges|
|Scholar’s Institute of Technology and Management, Garchuk, Guwahati||Don Bosco College of Engineering & Technology, Airport Road, Guwahati|
|Assam Down Town University, Guwahati||NITS, Mirza, Guwahati|
|Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology Dibrugarh||Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Guwahati|
|Guwahati University Institute of Science and Technology Jalukbari, Guwahati||Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology Azara Hatkhowpara Guwahati|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College