Table of Contents
JEECE 2020: Exam Date, Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam (JCECE 2020) is conducted for the candidates seeking admission to B.Tech courses at various engineering institutions in Jharkhand. The exam is conducted in offline mode by JCECE Board in the last week of May.
- Minimum Eligibility for JEECE is passing 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 with PCM subjects.
- Only locals and domicile of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- JEECE Application form will be available in the month of April 2020.
- JEECE is a pen and paper-based exam which comprises 150 objective type questions. The three sections included in the exam are- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.Check JEECE Exam Pattern
Highlights of JEECE 2020
- 6 engineering colleges (government and private) offering approximately 1460 seats under the management quota.
- 5 government engineering colleges in Jharkhand offer around 90 general seats (not under management quota) for admission to the applied stream through JEECE.
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||JCECE Board|
|JEECE Exam Date 2020||May 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Number of Participating Engineering Colleges||16 colleges|
|Seats offered||1550 seats|
JEECE 2020 Dates
JEECE 2020 important dates have been given in the table below:
|JEECE Online application form will be available from||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit JEECE Application Form||2nd week of May 2020|
|JEECE Admit Card can be downloaded from||4th week of May 2020|
|JEECE Exam||4th week of May 2020|
|JEECE Result 2020 will be announced on||3rd week of June 2020|
|JEECE Counselling Round 1 starts from||1st week of July 2020|
JEECE 2020 Eligibility
Candidates can find below the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for JEECE 2020:
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: A candidate must have a local or permanent residential certificate of the Jharkhand State.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit for B.E./B.Tech courses. The minimum age required to apply for JEECE is 17 years.
- Qualifying Exam: An aspirant must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Subjects: Should have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical as one of the Vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: At least 45% marks in case of general category and 40% marks in case of the reserved category, in the qualifying exam.
- Physical Fitness: A medical test will be conducted by the board. Candidates must pass the medical test to be eligible for admission.
JEECE 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for JEECE in online mode. No offline or hard copy of the application form will be available. Register on the official website; jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in by filling-in all personal, academic and communication details. Applicants are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application form from an applicant will be rejected.
Afterward, candidates need to upload the photograph, Class 12th mark sheet, left-hand thumb impression and signature in JPEG format with the appropriate specifications. Pay the application fee in either online or offline mode.
How to Fill JEECE 2020 Application Form?
The step-wise guide to fill JEECE Online Application is provided below:
Step 1: Registration & Filling Application Form
- Go to the official website of JEECE 2020 i.e.www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ Link.
- Next, click on JEECE 2020 Online Application Form Submission.
- Enter personal details, qualification details, course and exam center choice and communication detail.
- Read the instruction and tap ‘Save & Next’ button on the bottom of the page.
- Fill the complete form with all the required details like Name, Gender, Category, Email ID, Date of Birth, etc.
- An application number and password will be generated.
- Take a note of both for future reference.
- Login with the given number and password.
Step 2: Uploading Images
- Now, upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Images should be uploaded in jpeg format, size of photograph (100 kb), signature (50 kb) and left-hand thumb impression (50 kb).
- Click on submit.
- After submitting the form, it will redirect to a new page.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- Choose the payment option like Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card and make the fee payment.
- After final submission, a copy of the duly filled form will be displayed.
- Download and take 3 to 4 copies of the form for future reference.
All the fees can be paid through Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card. The application fee once paid will not refunded under any circumstances. The fee structure varies for the general and reserved category as indicated in the table below.
JEECE 2020 Admit Card
- JEECE Admit Card will be issued 1-2 weeks prior to the examination date.
- Admit Cards will be issued and can be downloaded in online mode only.
- Details such as Candidate’s name, Roll Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, etc. are mentioned on admit card.
- Carry a copy of JEECE Admit Card on the day of examination.
- Applicants must preserve the online admit card till the admission in the institution.
How to Download JEECE 2020 Admit Card?
Given below are the steps to download JEECE 2020 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website and Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- Fill all the required details such as the name of examination, Registration, and Date of Birth, etc. on the new page.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of the admit card for future use.
JEECE 2020 Exam Centers
- JEECE 2020 is expected to be conducted in 6 major cities in Jharkhand – Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh and Bokaro.
- Provide choice for two nearest centres in the online application form.
- Final choice to allocate exam centres is reserved for JCECEB Board.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
JEECE 2020 Exam Pattern
The highlights of JEECE Exam Pattern are mentioned below:
- JEECE 2020 will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The medium of the exam will be English and Hindi.
- All the questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus.
Check detailed JEECE 2020 Exam Pattern
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type or Multiple choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
|Marks for each correct answer||+1 Mark|
|Negative Marks for each Incorrect answer||-0.25 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
JEECE 2020 Syllabus
- JEECE Syllabus comprises of topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from 10+2 curriculum of Jharkhand State Board.
- All the sections carry 50 questions.
- The entire syllabus and questions are distributed equally in the paper in terms of overall difficulty level.
Some of the prominent topics in JEECE are tabulated below:
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atoms Nuclei, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Electrochemistry, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Isolation of Elements, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming.|
Recommended Books for JEECE
Since the syllabus for JEECE is based on the 10+2 curriculum of Jharkhand Education State Board, it is recommended that candidates prepare using prescribed textbooks for class 11th and 12th by the state education board. However, any additional study material or reference guide can always provide some extra help to candidates while revising syllabus or gaining conceptual clarity. Here are some:
- 10 Years Solved Papers and 5 Mock Tests for JCECE Engineering – Arihant Publication
- 14 Years Solved Papers and 5 Mock Tests for JCECE Engineering – Arihant Publication
- 15 Years Solved Papers for JCECE Engineering – Arihant Publication
JEECE 2020 Result
To check JEECE 2020 Results, use the steps below:
- Go to the official website of JCECE, www.jceceb.nic.in.
- Search for the ‘Result’ link.
- Select the examination name and enter the roll number and other required details.
- Click on ‘search’ button and the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and take a printout for further procedures.
- The concerned authority displays JEECE 2020 Answer Key on their official website. Candidates can check their responses against this answer key.
- There is no provision for rechecking of the answer sheet in any case.
The tie-breaking procedure, in case two or more candidates obtain equal marks, is mentioned below for the purpose of preparing merit list :
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in Mathematics will get the preference. In case there is still a tie then,
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in Physics will get the preference. In case the tie exists then,
- Candidates with older in age will get the preference. If the tie isn’t resolved then,
- As per English alphabetical order, the first name will get the preference.
JEECE 2020 Cut off
JCECE Board releases cut off marks for all candidates on their official website. Cut off is the minimum marks required to qualify in the respective exam. JEECE 2020 Cut off marks depend on a number of factors like:
- Number of candidates
- Number of colleges participating in the exam
- Number of seats in the respective colleges
- Reservation norms in the exam
- Previous year admission trends
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Marking scheme of the exam
Expected rank analysis on the basis of previous records and cut off marks are given below:
|Above 80||Below 100|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JEECE 2020 Counselling
JEECE Counselling will be conducted in online mode and will consist of 2 stages. Counselling will be organized and managed in the order of merit rank of candidates.
- The counselling will be started on July 7 – 12, 2020. Candidates will also have to pay the counselling fee to be a part of JEECE 2020 Counselling.
- Candidates will have to present the original certificates, during document verification process. If any candidate fails to present the genuine documents, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- During the 1st round of counselling, candidates will be allowed to select their institute and course only after the successful documents verification process.
- While attending JEECE 2020 Counselling, candidates need to submit a fee of INR 650 (INR 400 in case of SC/ST/Female candidates) via IPO and bank challan.
- If seats are still remaining, 2nd round of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who attended the 1st round can also appear again if they desire to change their course.
- In case of any information required/enquiry, candidates can contact:
Documents Required for JEECE 2020 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of counselling process:
- Mark Sheet and Certificates of Class 10 and 12
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination
- Domicile of Jharkhand State
- Passport size photographs same as uploaded in the application form
- JEECE 2020 Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
Note: All candidates need to attend JEECE 2020 Counselling in person only. No one else can be authorized on behalf of candidate to attend the counselling process.
- Government Engineering College, Dumka
- Government Engineering College, Chaibasa
- B.A. College of Engineering & Technology, Ghatsila, Jamshedpur
- Government Engineering College, Ramgarh
- C.I.T. Tatisilwai, Tatisilwai, Ranchi
- Gurugovind Singh Educational Society Technical Campus, Kandra, Chas, Bokaro
- D.A.V. Institute of Engineering & Technology, Medininagar
- K.K. College of Engineering & Management, Dhanbad
- Maryland Institute of Technology & Management, Dimna Road, Mango, Jamshedpur
- RamchandraChandravansi Institute of Technology, Bishrampur, Palamau
- Nilai Educational Trust's Group of Institutions, Thakurgaon, Burmu, Ranchi
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
- R.T.C. Institute of Technology, Anandi, Ormanjhi, Ranchi
- B.I.T., Sindri
- R.V.S. College of Engineering & Technology, Jamshedpur
- University College of Engineering & Technology, V.B.U., Hazaribagh
JEECE 2020 – FAQs
Ques. What are the qualification requirements to appear for JEECE?
Ans. Candidates must have passed the higher secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Also, they must have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST are eligible for relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks.
Ques. Is there any age limit to appear for JEECE 2020?
Ans. Candidates must have attained 17 years of age and should not be aged above 22 years.
Ques. Can students from all states appear for the test?
Ans. Only the candidates who are citizens of India and local or permanent resident of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for JEECE. Read through JEECE Eligibility Criteria for details on domicile requirements.
Ques. What is the pattern of examination?
Ans. The test will consist of 150 objective questions based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section will consist of 50 questions.
Ques. Will the test be conducted online?
Ans. No, the test will be conducted offline and responses will be marked on OMR sheets.
Ques. What is the duration of the exam?
Ans. The test must be attempted within the maximum duration of 3 hours/ 180 minutes. Paper 1 which will consist of Physics and Chemistry will be for 2 hours and Paper 2- Mathematics will be for 1 hour.
Ques. Are the application forms available offline?
Ans. No, application forms can be submitted in online mode only at the official website of JEECE 2020.
Ques. In case I have entered incorrect details, can I change them?
Ans. Candidates are not permitted to edit any details once they submit the application fee. But considering the previous year trend, JCECEB might open correction facility online for 1-2 days.
Ques. What are the centres of test?
Ans. The test will be conducted at following centres:
Ques. What are the documents required to fill the application form?
Ans. Candidates must upload scanned copies of following documents at the time of form filling:
- Left thumb impression
Ques. Can the application fee be paid offline?
Ans. No, application fee cannot be paid through E-Challan. The fee can be paid by Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking only and any additional service charges should be borne by the candidates only.
Ques. Will the test be conducted in Hindi?
Ans. The test will be conducted bilingual- English and Hindi. All the centres will have question papers in both languages.
Ques. What is the marking scheme for the test?
Ans. For every correct answer candidates will be awarded 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, a negative marking will be practised of ¼ mark i.e 0.25 marks.
Ques. When will be the answer keys available?
Ans. Answer keys will be available within 15-20 days after the test. Scanned copies of candidate’s OMR sheets will also be displayed along with the answer key.
Ques. Is there any provision for challenging the answer key?
Ans. Yes, candidates can challenge the answer keys online through the official portal of JEECE by paying the stipulated fee which will be notified later on the official website.
Ques. What is the procedure after taking the written test?
Ans. After the results declaration for written test, two rounds of counselling will be conducted for seat allotment.
Ques. What will be the counselling venue?
Ans. Counselling will be conducted at the following address:
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli
Namkun- Tupudana Road Namkun
Ranchi, Jharkhand- 834010
Ques. What are the documents required during the counselling process?
Ans. Candidates must produce following documents at the time of counselling:
- Class 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- JEECE Admit Card
- Passport size photographs
Ques. When should the aspirants report to the test centre?
Ans. Candidates must report 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
Ques. Is it necessary to qualify each section?
Ans. Yes, each candidate must secure at least 1 mark in each section to qualify for counselling.
Ques. By when are the results for JEECE expected to be declared?
Ans. Candidates can expect the result declaration within 30 days of successful completion of the test.
Ques. What if two candidates have the same rank?
Ans. In case candidates having the same rank and appearing for counselling, the candidate with higher marks in Class 12th and class 10th will be given preference.
Ques. Can I take the print of the finally submitted application form later?
Ans. Yes, candidates can take the print of the application form later. It will be available on their account which they can access by logging in at JEECE portal.
Ques. I have forgotten my registration number. How can I log in to my account?
Ans. In case, candidates forget their registration number, they can click on forgot registration number link. Their registration details will be sent to their registered email ID.
Ques. My relatives hold domicile certificate of Jharkhand. Can I apply for the test?
Ans. No, the applicants must themselves hold Jharkhand state domicile certificate in order to apply for JEECE.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College