JEECE Eligibility Criteria is determined by JCECE Board for students willing to take admission in UG engineering programs in Jharkhand. The eligibility criteria comprise residential criteria, age-limit criteria, educational criteria and physical criteria. Candidates must check JEECE eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. If found ineligible at the time of admission process, their candidature would be cancelled, even if they have taken JEECE and qualified it.
JCECE Board determines the eligibility criteria for students appearing in state level entrance test for admission to various ug professional courses. JCECE Eligibility
states that only local or permanent residents of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for the exam. Medically fit candidates can apply for the exam after undergoing a fitness test.
Only Indian national candidates are eligible to appear for JEECE 2019. The last date to fill JEECE application form is May 10. Read on to know more about JEECE eligibility criteria and reservation criteria.
JEECE 2019 Dates
|Availability of online application form||April 16, 2019|
|Last date for making an application for JEECE 2019||May 10, 2019|
|Release of Admit card for JEECE 2019||May 22, 2019 (Tentative)|
|JEECE 2019 Exam date||May 26, 2019|
JEECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for JEECE 2019 will have to full-fill various educational, residential, and age limit criteria as per the official notification published by JCECEB. These criteria’s are mentioned under various headings given below:
JEECE Eligibility as per Nationality
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible for applying for JEECE 2019.
- Apart from being an Indian National, candidate should also be a local or permanent resident of the state of Jharkhand.
- Candidates should have a valid Aadhar number as issued by the UIADI as this is a mandatory requirement.
JEECE Eligibility as per Age limit
There is no maximum or minimum age limit to apply for JEECE.
JEECE Eligibility as per Academics/Education
- Candidate must be ISC/10+2 or equivalent examination passed in order to be eligible for appearing in JEECE 2019.
- He/She must have studied and passed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 or equivalent level with a minimum aggregate of 45% (5% relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved categories).
JEECE Eligibility as per Course Opted
- JEECE 2019 is held for B.E/B.tech admissions under the scheme of JCECE.
- Applicants must have had Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as subjects at 10+2 level.
JEECE Eligibility as per Physical Criteria
Medical checkup of applicants recommended for admission in all courses will be done by JCECE Board or Institution. Only after check-up, fit candidates will be treated eligible for admission.
JEECE 2019 Reservation
Reservations are applicable in JEECE based on caste, category, disability and other criteria. The details of the reservations in JEECE 2019 are discussed below.
Reservation Based on Caste/Category
- The caste/category based reservation criteria’s are applicable as per the latest reservation policy of the government of Jharkhand for that purpose.
- Candidates claiming reservation under this head have to submit/show the Caste Certificate in the proper format as issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Deputy Commissioner of the state of Jharkhand.
- Caste certificate issued by other authorities would be treated as invalid and candidate would be devoid of such reservation benefits in that case.
- The detailed percentage-wise reservation criterion for various category/caste is tabled below.
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||26|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||14|
Reservations Under Service Man Quota (SMQ)
Reservations under this quota are applicable for Government Engineering Institutions only. A sequence of priority is followed in the application of this SMQ for reservations.
The sequence of priority is as follows:
- Widow/Wards of Defense Personnel who laid their lives in the course of duty.
- Wards of serving personnel or Ex-servicemen who have suffered any disability while performing the task under duty.
- Widow/Wards of Defense Personnel who laid their life in the line of duty during peacetime.
- Wards of Defense Personnel who got disabled while in the line of duty during peacetime.
- Wards of Defense Personnel/Ex-Servicemen who are a recipient of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards of Ex-servicemen
- Wards of serving defense personnel
The order of preference listed above shows the decrease in preference from top to bottom as considered for reservations under SMQ.
Reservations for Persons with Disabilities
- This reservation criterion is applicable for only Government Degree Engineering Institutes under JEECE.
- Candidates who have hearing, verbal or physical disabilities or all of these and those whose lower or upper or both parts of the body are 40% partially disabled are considered for reservation under this criterion.
- Certificate of Disability issued by Civil Orthopedics Doctor of District Hospital/Civil Surgeon of Jharkhand State along with a full-size photograph is required to be submitted by the candidate in order to avail the reservation.
Apart from various reservation criteria a tuition fee waiver scheme is also present. This fee waiver scheme is applicable for 5% of the total seats under JEECE 2019 and would be open for only those candidates who are the residents of Jharkhand and their total annual family income is less than INR 4.5 Lac per annum. The seats under this scheme are unreserved and would be allotted on Merit-Cum-Choice basis and as per the guidelines of JCECEB.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College