KMAT 2020 Exam Centers, Online Proctored Exam Guidelines, and Exam Day Instructions
Karnataka MAT Exam Centers: KPPGCA, the regulating body of KMAT will release the official KMAT Exam Centers list. As mentioned in the official portal, there are 10 exam centers in total for the management exam. While filling the KMAT 2020 Application form, candidates can choose their preferred test centre under “personal and educational details”.
Table of Contents
This year, KMAT 2020will be conducted on October 29, 2020 in offline (pen-paper) mode. Bachelor Degree holders seeking admissions to MBA/ MCA programs offered by institutes accepting KMAT scores can apply online at kmatindia.com.
Important Update:KMAT has released a set of Guidelines for candidates appearing for the test from their home. Read on to know more about the exam centers for KMAT and rules & regulations that must be followed to avoid cancellation of candidature.
Exam Centers of KMAT 2020
- KPPGCA reserves a right to alter the allocated KMAT 2020 exam center.
- Once an exam centre has been allocated, it cannot be changed.
- Change in test venue can be done due to reasons such as fewer seat availability, less participation or more participation than the seat availability and all.
- The coordinating body will give in every effort to allocate the candidate’s choice of preference to test center.
- Choose the center wisely as only one preference can be given.
- Candidates can choose only one test centre from the dropdown.
- Also, after the online application is submitted the choice made cannot be modified under any circumstances.
The following map indicated the exam cities for this year (KMAT 2020):
In the following table, KMAT 2020 exam centers are indicated.
Read more KMAT 2020 Important Dates
Instructions for KMAT Exam Centers 2020
- Reach the test venue at least one hour prior to the scheduled exam time for the verification and security check.
- Candidates can choose only one preferred exam centers while filling KMAT Application Form.
- It is mandatory to carry your admit cards with photograph same as the one uploaded in the application form affixed to it.
- An original valid ID proof- Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employer ID, or Identification Affidavit is to be presented at the gates of the exam centers.
- No other documents or item is allowed inside the exam centers.
- Black & Blue ballpoint pen, HB Pencils, Eraser and Sharpener are allowed in the exam hall.
- Jewelry, watches, electronic gadgets like mobile phones, calculators, etc. or any other metal item are not allowed inside the exam centers.
- Under no circumstances will the allotted exam center be changed.
- Every year new exam centers are added to the list. The same is expected for this year as well.
- Candidates are advised to choose exam centers closer to their city of residence.
- An extra 10 minutes will be provided for reading instructions on the test booklet and entering the required details before the commencement of exam.
Download Free KMAT Sample Papers
KMAT 2020 Guidelines for Online Proctored Exam
This year KMAT aspirants will be allowed to take the exam from the comfort of their home. Few requirements for the same are:
- Good internet connection of at least 5 mbps.
- Laptop or desktop with a webcam.
- Software of the computer must be windows 7/8/9/10 or Ubuntu LINUX (14.1 and 16)
Key Guidelines and Instructions are as follows:
- Candidates using laptop must keep their device connected to a charger all the time.
- Processor of the computer must be at Intel Core i3 or above and have at least 4GB or above RAM.
- The computer must have free space of least 100 MB.
- Candidates must not take the exam in informal clothing.
- The room in which the candidate is taking the exam must be good lighting so that their face is visible.
- The exam must be taken in a quiet environment with no sound in the background.
- Candidates cannot leave their seats in the middle of the exam under any circumstances which otherwise will considered to be a violation.
- During the exam, no application/pop up window can be opened.
- No electronic gadgets such as calculator/smartphone/tablet will be allowed.
- Only plain paper and pen is allowed whcih will be checked by the examiner.
- Speaking is not allowed during the exam.
- Keep your KMAT Admit Card and Photo id ready before sittting for the exam.
- Do not disturb the position of the webcam.
KMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. pen-paper based|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Exam Medium||English only|
|Maximum Question||120 questions|
|Type of Questions||Objective type i.e. MCQs|
|Total Sections||4 sections|
|Marking Scheme||Correct answer : +1 marks|
Incorrect answer: NA
- Sections Name: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Ability; Logical Reasoning and General Awareness
- There is no sectional time limit in KMAT Karnataka 2020.
- There is no provision of negative marking.
- Candidates can switch from one section to other within the overall time limit.
Check detailed KMAT Exam Pattern
KMAT (Karnataka) Exam Centers FAQs
Ques. Can I choose more than one exam center for KMAT exam?
Ans. No, there is no option provided to select or opt for more than one exam center for the management examination.
Ques. What will happen if one forgets to bring their admit card to the test center?
Ans. Any student who fails to bring the admit card to center, will not be allowed to give the exam.
Ques. Which documents are we supposed to bring to the exam center?
Ans. On the exam day, a hard copy of admit card and an original valid Photo ID proof will have to be presented at the gates of the exam centers. Without these, entry to the hall will not be permitted. No other documents are allowed inside the exam center.
Ques. What are the exam centres for Karnataka MAT Exam?
Ans. Exam centres for Krnataka MAT are Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Davanagere, Bijapur, Mangaluru, Kalaburagi, Mysuru, Hubballi, Shivamogga.
Ques. What can be a valid ID proof?
Ans. Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License, College ID, Employer ID, or Identification Affidavit can be considered as a valid ID proof. Note that all these should be original, photocopies will not be accepted.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College