MAH MCA CET tests candidates’ mathematical skills, logical thinking, knowledge of computer and English language. The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions divided into 4 sections. The question paper is to be attempted within 90 minutes.
MAH MCA CET 2018 is conducted for admission to MCA courses in the state of Maharashtra. It is important that aspirants are well versed with the pattern followed by the exam. The test is scheduled for March 24, 2018.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Name||MAH MCA CET|
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Number of Sections||4 (Mathematics & Statistics, Logical / Abstract Reasoning, English comprehension and Verbal Ability, Computer Concepts)|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.5 Mark for every incorrect response|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
- MAH MCA CET 2018 will be held in the as a Computer Based Test.
- Aspirants are required to mark answers on the computer screen.
- Candidates should note that option to give an offline test is not available.
- The paper will be conducted in English.
- Time allotted for the test is 90 minutes.
Types of Questions:
- Questions in the test will be Multiple Choice questions.
- For every question, four options will be given out of which only one option will be correct.
- MAH MCA CET 2018 will contain 4 sections of total 200 marks. The following table provides information on section-wise distribution of marks:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30||60|
|Logical / Abstract Reasoning||30||60|
|English comprehension and Verbal Ability||20 ||40|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.5 marks for every incorrect answer|
|Non-attempted Questions||Not assessed|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus
General Aptitude paper of MAH MCA CET 2018 assesses the general aptitude of a candidate who is to pursue computer applications and software profession. The detailed syllabus for Aptitude Section is mentioned below:
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- High School Mathematics
- English comprehension
- Verbal Ability
Topics such as computer architecture and operating system basics are to be given special importance other than the topics given below:
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Binary Arithmetic
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Language
- Operating System basics
Read Detailed MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus
MAH MCA CET 2018 Recommended Books
The following books can be followed by candidates to prepare for MAH MCA 2018:
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|MCA CET Maharashtra||Team of Experts||-|
|MCA Entrance Examination||J V Subrahmanyam||8172541589|
|A Comprehensive guide for MCA||R S Aggarwal||8121914817|
|A Complete study package for MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9385980386|
|11 Years Solved Papers MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9352037346|
|The perfect study resource for MCA||Experts Compilation||9352039785|
It is important to keep certain instructions in mind while appearing for an online test. Candidates can follow the following instructions in the exam:
- On the computer allotted to the candidate, candidate’s details (Name, photograph etc.) will be displayed on the screen.
- At the scheduled time (generally 10 minutes before the exam), candidates are required to enter Username and Password as instructed in Admit Card.
- After entering Username and Password click on “Sign In” button.
- Read instructions carefully as they provide the entire exam related information including number of questions and marking scheme.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” button. The test will start at scheduled time only.
- Timer count starts when candidates click the button “I am ready to begin”.
Test Taking Process
- Question number in the Question Palette at the right of the screen can be clicked to go to that numbered question directly.
- You have to select any answer out of the given four options, by clicking on the circle button in front of the option.
- To change the already chosen answer, click the circle button of another option. In order to cancel the answer, click on Clear response button.
- To save your answer, it is mandatory to click on the Save & Next button, otherwise answer will not be saved.
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button. In case, a question is answered and marked for Review that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
- Submit button will not be available until the completion of the exam time. Candidates are not required to click the submit button as system will automatically submit the test after Exam Closure time.
- Thereafter, exam summary will be displayed on the screen with Subject Name, Number of questions answered, not Answered, marked for review, and not visited.
- Please confirm by clicking ‘Yes’ button.
- The countdown timer will start ticking after you click the button “I am ready to begin”.
- Candidates can refer to the timer to get an idea of the time left in completion of the test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College