MAH MCA CET 2018 Result has been declared on April 03. The conducting body of the exam, DTE, released the result at the official website i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mcacet2018/. This year, out of 12318 registered candidates, 11910 (96.69 %) Candidates have appeared in the entrance examination. MAH MCA CET 2018 was conducted on March 24.
Latest: Click Here to see MAH MCA 2018 Result Summary
The scores stand valid for admission to the state government and unaided private institutes. The admissions to these institutes is done through Centralised Admission Process (CAP). A separate application form, likely to be out in May, will have to be filled by those who clear the entrance exam.
The admissions to the following institutes will be based on the score of CET, provided they are approved and recognised by the government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to any of the non-agricultural university in the state.
- All government institutes offering MCA course
- All government aided institutes offering MCA Course
- All university departments offering MCA course
- University managed institutes offering MCA course
- All un-aided MCA institutes covered as per the act
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result Highlights
|MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Date||March 24, 2018|
|Release of MAH MCA CET 2018 Answer Key||March 26, 2018|
|MAH MCA CET 2018 Result ||April 03, 2018 (Declared)|
|Mode of Results Declaration||Online|
|Results declaration official Website||dtemaharashtra.gov.in.|
|Number of Counselling rounds||3 rounds|
1st and 2nd rounds: online
3rd round: offline
|MAH MCA CET 2018 Helplinefirstname.lastname@example.org | +91 22 30233420/ 464|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result Dates
The dates of the various events leading MAH MCA CET 2018 results declaration and counselling rounds are shown below.
|MAH MCA CET 2018||March 24, 2018|
|MAH MCA CET 2018 results declaration||April 03, 2018 (Declared)|
|Second round of counselling||Second week of June 2018|
|Third round of counselling||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Spot Admission for vacant seats||Third week of July 2018|
How to Check MAH MCA CET 2018 Result?
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result can be checked on the official website dtemaharashtra.gov.in. It can be checked and downloaded by the following steps.
- Visit the official website.
- Find and click on ‘MAH MCA 2018 Results’.
- At the Login Portal page, enter Registration number and Date of Birth.
- Click on ’Submit’.
- MAH MCA CET 2018 score card will be displayed. This must be saved and printed for future reference.
Details on Scorecard
- Within 2 weeks of online results declaration, MAH MCA CET 2018 Scorecard is dispatched to the correspondence address provided by candidates.
- In case of loss of this scorecard, a duplicate score card can be obtained for a fee of INR 200.
- The validity of score card is 1 year. A candidate’s score card will consist of the following information:
- Total marks scored out of 200
- Sectional Score
- Overall Score
- All India Rank
- Category-wise Rank
MAH MCA CET 2018 Merit List
- A merit list is prepared taking the marks obtained by aspirants in MAH MCA CET into consideration
- Admission into the participating institutes is based on the merit list. There are two merit lists prepared by the conducting authority.
- Provisional Merit List: The provisional merit list is usually declared as soon the MAH MCA CET 2018 counseling ends.
- Final Merit List: After carefully considering the results of the MAH MCA CET counselling, the final merit list is prepared. Candidates present in this final merit list are short listed for admissions.
- The provisional merit list will be made on the following basis:
- Maharashtra state seats: Candidates scoring non-zero and non-negative marks would be assigned a first-year general level state merit list number. Second-year state level general merit list number for candidates eligible for admission in Second-year of MCA course (lateral entry) as well as corresponding Home university area merit number, category merit number etc.
- Other Maharashtra seats (OMS): Candidates who are applying from other states (non-Maharashtra domicile) and scoring non-zero and non-negative or having AIMCET 2018 equivalent score would be assigned OMS Merit number.
- Jammu and Kashmir Migrant seats: Each Jammu and Kashmir Migrant candidate scoring non-zero and non-negative marks would be assigned state level J&K merit list number.
Normalization of Scores
MAH CET MCA 2018 Merit List is based on the scores obtained by candidates. The procedure for deriving the scores for the merit list is shown below.
- After deducting 1 negative mark per wrong response, marks awarded to every right response are used to calculate the Corrected MAH MCA CET score.
- MAH MCA CET is conducted in different sessions and there are some variations in the difficulty levels. To account for this, the Corrected score is equated to the base form by considering all the necessary factors.
- Equated score is indicated up to two digits after decimal point.
Tie Breaking Process
While preparing the merit list, if two or more candidates are found to have obtained the same score/percentile, the following tie breaking criteria is implemented:
- Percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying degree examination is considered and candidate with higher percentage is ranked higher
- If there still is a tie, candidate with a better percentage of marks in the 12th grade are ranked higher.
- If the tie still exists, candidate with a better percentage of marks in the 10th grade are ranked higher.
- If the tie is still there, age of Candidates is considered. The older candidate is ranked higher.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Cut Off
Candidates can check the previous years’ cut off of various institutes from the table below. This can help candidates to prepare for the counselling, once the results are declared.
|Institute||Merit number (closing)||Merit Marks (closing)|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute||67||105.00|
|Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan’s Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri||601||75.63|
|Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Technology, Chembur||1425||63.00|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||1484||62.08|
|Mumbai Education Trust’s Institute of Computer Science, Bandra, Mumbai||2419||51.88|
|Government college of Engineering, Karad||2543||50.970|
|Thakur Institute of Management Studies Career Development Research, Kandawli, Mumbai||2646||50.54|
|SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai||2677||50.17|
|Department of Computer Science (Later Entry), Jalgaon||3083||47.03|
|Government college of Engineering, Aurangabad||3879||40.91|
Check MAH MCA CET 2018 Cut off
MAH MCA CET 2018 Counselling Process
- Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra conducts MAH MCA CET counselling through Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
- There are three rounds in CAP.
- The first two rounds of CAP are open to candidates from Maharashtra State and Outside Maharashtra State (OMS)
- The third round of CAP is done only for the Maharashtra state candidates.
- Based on the merit list, candidates who have been shortlisted must fill the necessary online counselling application form and pay the requisite counselling fee.
First Round Counselling
- Candidates must fill the counselling application form along with their preferred choices on the official website.
- Candidates who are allotted seats after the 1st round of CAP must report to the allotted institute to confirm admission.
- If candidates are not content with the allotted seat, they can wait for the following rounds of MAH MCA CET Counselling Process.
- Aspirants must be careful while locking their choices. If a seat from the first 7 choices locked is allotted, candidates will not have the option for participating in the next round of counselling.
Second Round Counselling
- Candidates who have not been allotted their preferred seat and who are not satisfied with the allotted seat are eligible for the 2nd round of counselling.
- At the conclusion of second round of counselling, candidates must report at the institute allotted to them and complete all the necessary procedures to confirm admission.
Third Round Counselling
- Vacant seats of any branch or category after the first 2 rounds of counselling, shall be made available for the 3rd round of CAP.
- These seats shall be considered as general category seats.
- This round of counselling is conducted offline and is open only to candidates from Maharashtra state.
- After successful allotment of seats, candidates must confirm admission by reporting to the allotted institute on the scheduled day.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College