MAH MCA CET 2019 Notification, Dates, Registration, Syllabus
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MCA (MAH MCA CET) is a state-level exam, organized by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra. The exam is conducted for 1st year or 2nd year lateral entry of PG degree course of MCA in various institutes across the state of Maharashtra. The official schedule for the examination will be released shortly at dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mcacet2019.
The Competent Authority will invite the online applications from candidates for participating in the Common Entrance Test from February 2019. Indian National Bachelor Degree holders can apply for the examination. This year, MAH MCA CET is scheduled for March 24 (tentative). Read on to know more.
|MAH MCA CET Application Form||MAH MCA CET Eligibility||MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern|
DTE, Maharashtra is expected to declare the results in April at the official website. Examinees can download their MAH MCA CET Scorecard from April 3 onwards, using the issued registration id and date of birth. A minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST) is required to stand eligible for counselling.Candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be invited for the counselling round in April or May 2019. It will be carried out through CAP (Centralized Admission Process) at the official website.
Highlights of MAH MCA CET 2019
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MCA|
|Date of MAH MCA CET 2019||March 24, 2019|
|Conducting Body||The Directorate of Technical Education|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Courses offered||1st year and 2nd year Lateral Entry of MCA|
|MAH MCA CET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | +91 22 30233420/ 464|
MAH MCA CET Application Form filling procedure concluded on March 5. Students can check here the official exam schedule for MCA CET 2019:
|MAH MCA CET 2019 Notification||February 2, 2019|
|Commencement of Registration||February 7 – March 5, 2019|
|Issue of MAH MCA CET Admit Card||March 15 – March 24, 2019|
|MAH MCA CET 2019 Exam Date||March 24, 2019|
|Release of MCA CET Result||April 3, 2019 (5 pm) (Declared)|
|MAH MCA CET Counselling||April – May 2019|
MAH MCA CET Eligibility – Are you eligible?
Candidates satisfying the stated MAH MCA CET 2019 Eligibility requirements can apply online for the exam.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for the examination.
- Academic Qualifications: the criteria varies as per the program opted. Listed below is the same:
For admission to 1st year of MCA
- Bachelor degree holders in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Mathematics at intermediate level/ graduation level is a must.
- General Category candidates having 50% aggregate marks (at least 45% for SC/ ST/ PwD) belonging to state of Maharashtra only.
- Final year candidates can also apply.
For admission to 2nd year Lateral Entry of MCA
- Bachelor degree holders in computer applications or science (Information Technology or Computer Science).
Registration for MAH MCA CET 2019 (Concluded)
Application Form Dates: February 7 – March 5, 2019
The application form filling procedure is completely online. Candidates have to visit the official website to register for MAH MCA CET.
Ques. What credentials are required before starting MAH MCA CET Registration?
Ans. Listed below are credentials:
- Valid Email ID
- Valid Mobile No.
- Valid Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Net Banking Account
- Scanned Passport Size Photo
- Scanned Signature
Ques. What is the MAH MCA CET Application Fee?
Ans. For this year, the application fee is tabulated below:
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
Check detailedRegistration Fee
The registration process consists of 3 steps namely Registration, Uploading documents and Fee Payment. Aspirants can fill up the application form by following these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of DTE i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ and ‘Click here for New Registration’
- Enter Name, Contact details and Email-id.
- Enter Personal, Academic details and Exam Details.
- Save application by clicking 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
Step 2: Upload Documents
After completely furnishing the application, scan and upload you photo and signature as per the defined guidelines.
|Photograph||20 – 50 kb||200 X 230 pixels|
|Signature||10 – 20 kb||140 X 60 pixels|
After furnishing all the details carefully, proceed to making the application fee.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
Make the payment as per your category in order to successfully register for MAH MCA CET. The payment can be made by the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
- Cash Cards or
- Mobile Wallets
MAH MCA CET 2019 Application Fee
|General Category from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||INR 1000|
|Reserved Category of Backward Class Categories and PwD Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||INR 800|
Download MAH MCA CET 2019 Admit Card
Availability of MCA CET 2019 Admit Card: March 15 – March 24, 2019
The hall ticket is issued to candidates who have successfully registered for MAH MCA CET 2019. Visit the official website of MCA CET exam to download it. Enter your application number and password to access the document.
Admit Card contains the following details:
- Roll No. of candidate
- Registration No. of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of the entrance exam
- Reporting time at the Exam Center
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
List of MAH MCA CET Exam Centers
MAH MCA CET 2019 will be held at various centers across the state of Maharashtra. The information related to the exam venue and reporting time will be mentioned in the admit card.
Updated Exam Pattern for MCA CET
MAH MCA CET 2019 Exam Date: March 24, 2019
Latest Update: DTE Maharashtra has introduced few changes in the examination pattern of MAH MCA CET.
Other facts about MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern:
- Marking Scheme – 2 marks for every correct answer
- Negative Marking – 0.5 marks are deducted for every wrong answer
- Unanswered questions will not be evaluated
- No. of Sections – four sections namely Mathematics & Statistics, Logical/ Abstract Reasoning, English Comprehension & Verbal Ability and Computer Concepts.
Section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30||60|
|Logical / Abstract Reasoning||30||60|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20||40|
|Total||100 questions||200 marks|
Check revisedMAH MCA CET Exam Pattern
Important Topics for MAH MCA CET
With the introduction of new sections in the examination, the syllabus has also been revised. DTE Maharashtra has released the new MAH MCA CET 2019 Syllabus at the official website. Section-wise syllabus with important topics is given below:
Section 1 – Mathematics & Statistics
The questions will cover the following topics of intermediate level.
Section 2 – Logical or Abstract Reasoning
The section measures how quickly and logically you can solve problems. It will have logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
|Seating Arrangement Problems||Circular Arrangements|
|Blood Arrangements||Sets based on grouping and pattern|
|Mapping and best routes||Selection and Conditionals|
Section 3 – English Comprehension and Verbal Ability
|Para jumbles||Error Spotting|
|Para completion||Summary writing|
|Synonyms and Antonyms||Ordering of Sentences|
Section 4 – Computer Concepts
|Computer Basics||Data Representation|
|Computer Architecture||Computer Language|
MAH MCA CET 2019 Result
Release of MAH MCA CET Result 2019: April 3, 2019
The result of MAH MCA CET 2019 is declared online, at the official website of DTE. Enter MCA Application ID or Roll Number to download your scorecard.
Listed below are quick facts about MCA Results:
- Candidates are notified about the result declaration on the registered Email ID or on the mobile number.
- Results will be available in the form of scorecards. Details mentioned in the score card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll No. of candidate
- Sectional score in the exam
- Overall score in the exam
MAH MCA CET 2019 Cut Off
- DTE will release a provisional merit list online for MAH MCA CET 2019 soon after the results are announced.
- A minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST) is required to stand eligible for counselling.
- The merit list will contain names of candidates in order of ranks secured by them in the test.
- Aspirants can contact the organizing authority in case there is a discrepancy in their score.
- The updated final merit list will be released in April 2019.
- Students who are shortlisted via the merit list are eligible for the counselling session.
DTE will release cut off for various institutes after CAP rounds are over. The cut off will depend on various factors like rank of candidate, availability of seats, category and preference of college. MAH MCA CET 2019 Cut Off will be prepared on the basis of following factors:
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Number of seats available in each institute
- Performance of the candidates in exam
MAH MCA CET 2019 Counselling
Commencement of MAH MCA CET Counselling 2019: April – May 2019
- For final admissions, MAH MCA CET 2019 Counselling will be carried out through CAP (Centralized Admission Process).
- Register for CAP rounds which will begin from April or May 2019.
- The steps involved in MAH MCA CET 2019 Centralized Admission Process are:
- Visit the official website and look for the notification regarding the Counselling procedure.
- On the official website, the available category wise seats in various institutes will be displayed for CAP Rounds I and II.
- Fill up the application form for CAP rounds.
- While filling the form, choose the institutions' preference in a decreasing order of preference.
- After the preferred form is filled, applicants will be allotted an institute by DTE authority.
- Aspirants will have a choice to either ‘Freeze’ or ‘Float’ the seat allotted.
- If the applicants choose the ‘Freeze’ option, their seat in the particular institute will be confirmed and they will not be considered for further rounds.
- If the aspirant chooses the ‘Float’ option, the seat offered to them will be confirmed but if he gets admission to another institution of higher preference then they will accept it or else continue in the institute previously offered to them.
Once students accept the seat, they must visit the allotted institute for verification of documents and scrutiny of certificates. The admission process will finally be complete after successful verification of documents.
MAH MCA CET 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is MAH MCA CET?
Ans. MAH MCA CET is a state-level computer application entrance test held for admission to colleges, institutes, and universities in the state of Maharashtra.
Ques. What are the courses offered under MAH MCA CET?
Ans. MAH MCA CET is conducted for admission into Postgraduate Technical courses in Computer Application 1st year or Direct Lateral Entry into the 2nd year at various institutes across Maharashtra. CheckMAH MCA CET Participating Institutes
Ques. How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the online application form?
Ans. After the successful completion of your application form through online mode, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with the enrollment or Registration number. Moreover, your “Filled in Online Application form” containing all the information uploaded from database and entered by you along with Registration number and Barcode will be displayed instantly.
Ques. What should I do with the “Filled in Application Form”?
Ans. The candidate has to take a print of the “Filled In Application Form”, keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use the Registration number printed in the “Filled In Application Form” for all future correspondence.
Ques. Is there any need to upload any certificates?
Ans. No, you do not have to upload any certificates. In case of reserved category, SC/ ST certificates are required to be uploaded where ever required.
Ques. Should I upload my photograph and signature?
Ans. Yes, at the time of registration you need to upload the Photo (file size less than 50KB and JPG file format) and Signature (File Size less than 15KB and JPG file format).
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reasons, I will not be able to appear for MAH MCA CET. Will I get a refund of my application fee?
Ans. No, the fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Ques. How is the exam center for MAH MCA CET alloted?
Ans. The organizing body will allot a center to the aspirants accordingly. It is alloted as per the availability and also on the basis of who filled in the option first. Make note exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance.
Ques. Can I use MAH MCA CET Scores for admissions to any other institute/ university out of Maharashtra?
Ans. No, the scorecard is valid for admissions to all Maharashtra government and unaided private colleges.
Ques. Which universities accept MAH MCA CET scores?
Ans. The participating institutes are listed below:
- All govenment institutes offering MCA course
- All government aided institutes offering MCA course
- All university departments offering MCA Course
- University managed institutes offering MCA course
- All unaided MCA institutues covered as per the act
Ques. I do not know how to operate a computer. What should I do?
Ans. As the examination will have objective type questions, all you need to know about the computer is a basic knowledge of using a mouse. As you will have to select/ click the correct answer and submit the same.
Ques. Is the exam pattern of MAH MCA CET revised by the coordinating body?
Ans. Yes, MAH MCA CET pattern has been revised by DTE Maharashtra. Know more
Ques. When will the results for MAH MCA CET be announced?
Ans. MAH MCA CET 2019 Result will be announced online, on the official website, on April 3, 2019.
Ques. Are any mock tests available for MAH MCA CET?
Ans. Yes, mock test for MCA CET is available on the official website. Candidates can access the paper at the link https://www4.digialm.com//OnlineAssessment/index.html?167@@M198.
Ques. Who can I approach in case of any help required for MAH MCA CET?
Ans. You can get in touch with MAH MCA CET Helpdesk over the phone or by email. The details are as follows:
Helpdesk Email ID – email@example.com
Phone Number – +91 22 30233420/464 (10 AM – 6 PM)
Ques. Is there negative marking in MAH MCA CET?
A: Yes, there is provision for negative marking in MAH MCA CET. Every incorrect answer would attract a penalty of -0.5 marks.
Ques. Can I pay the MAH MCA CET Application fees in cash through a bank?
Ans. No, the MAH MCA CET Application Fee paid offline will not be accepted. The payment can be made online only using the integrated payment gateway on the official website, using either Net Banking or Credit/Debit Cards or IMPS/Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
Ques. I do not have an email ID. Can I apply for MAH MCA CET using my friend’s email ID to apply for MAH MCA CET?
Ans. Candidates’ are strongly advised against using email IDs other than their own for the MAH MCA CET application process as crucial information such as availability of Admit Card, declaration of results etc. will be notified to students via this email ID.
Ques. Does any other institute/ university out of Maharashtra accept MAH MCA CET Scores for admissions?
Ans. No, the MAH MCA CET scorecard is only valid for admissions to all aided or unaided institutes in the state of Maharashtra.
Ques. How does the admission process conclude under MAH MCA CET?
Ans. Once the candidates accept the allotted seat, they need to visit the Institute for document verification and thereafter completion of all other admission formalities including payment of admission fees.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College