NEET MDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit, Attempts and Qualification Marks
NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria 2020 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a college recognized by NBE in order to apply for the exam.NBE will be announcing NEET MDS eligibility criteria with the announcement of NEET MDS 2020 notification.
Some important points regarding NEET MDS 2020 Eligibility can be checked below:
- The basic eligibility to apply for NEET MDS 2020 is a graduate degree in BDS from a college recognized by NBE.
- NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria includes guidelines for academic qualifications, experience, nationality, etc.
- Applicants should have completed their compulsory training of 12 months in rotation or practical training on or before March 31, 2019.
- Candidates are recommended to verify the updated eligibility criteria on the official site of NBE from time to time.
- NEET MDS 2020 is scheduled for December 20, 2019.
The eligibility criteria will be verified at all stages of NEET MDS 2020. Candidates failing to meet the criteria at any stage will be summarily rejected.
NEET MDS 2020 Registration is expected to get initiated in the last week of October 2019. NEET MDS is conducted in online mode and the test will be held in 29 cities across the country.
Eligibility Guidelines for NEET MDS 2020
Candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria stated below pertaining to Nationality, Academic qualification, etc. as stipulated by the exam conducting authority.
- NATIONALITY: Applicants must either be an Indian citizen. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) are also eligible to apply for NEET MDS 2020.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery or a provisional passing certificate in BDS from any Indian dental university/college recognized by Government of India as per the Dentist Act 1948 or else they must possess an equivalent qualification recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI). The dental college recognition from Government of India must be made on or before October 31, 2017.
- INTERNSHIP/EXPERIENCE: All candidates should have completed or be in the process of completion the one-year rotary internship or practical training on or before March 31, 2019. The internship/training done in the respective dental college is approved or recognized by Government of India.
The condition applied by NBE of one-year compulsory internship shall not be held applicable to applicants who have passed their final year BDS examination on or before 1988 and hold a BDS degree awarded by any Indian recognized University by Indian Government under Dentist Act 1948 or possess an equivalent academic qualification recognized by DCI. Along with all this, they need to provisionally or permanently registered with SDC or DCI
Also, applicants shall be granted no relief in one-year internship criteria, unless the following points are fulfilled:
- Applicants must belong to the 2007-2008 academic session batch and have passed a 4½ year BDS degree and holds at least 6 months’ rotary internship certificate.
- Applicant must be a pass out of Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University of 2006-2007 academic session and must have completed 5 years BDS course without an internship
- COUNCIL REGISTRATION: Candidates must possess a provisional or permanent registration certificate from SDC (State Dental Council) or DCI (Dental Council of India), as per the eligibility criteria of NEET MDS 2019
Candidates Not Considered Eligible for NEET MDS 2020
- Applicants who have not completed their one-year rotary internship on or before March 31, 2019, shall not be considered eligible to apply for NEET MDS 2020 exam unless they belong to the exceptional category as stated in the above section of this article
- According to the eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2020, applicants who are neither provisionally nor permanently registered with SDC/DCI, will not be considered eligible to appear for this examination
- In case any information provided by applicant is found to be not genuine or incorrect at any stage of MDS admission process, his/her candidature will be cancelled, then and there, with immediate effect
- NEET MDS 2020 eligibility criteria states that applicants who have passed their bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery from Andhra Pradesh (AP), Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir, are not eligible to apply for admission under All India Quota of 50%. However, those who were nominated by Indian Government to study BDS from colleges in AP, Telangana and J&K can apply for All India Quota seats.
Moreover, these candidates need to sign an affidavit stating that applicant was nominated by the Government of India to pursue BDS from Andra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K and post it to the below mentioned address:
Deputy Director (Examinations),
National Board of Examination,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road),
New Delhi - 110029
Applicants, along with the affidavit, must also submit a printout of NEET MDS 2020 Application Form. It is to be noted that this condition doesn’t apply to the category of applicants that belongs to Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and wish to apply for MDS in Armed Forces Institutes
- Applicants who are currently pursuing a postgraduate course might not be considered eligible for admissions in any universities/colleges for MDS, depending on the respective rules and regulations. However, few institutions under Indian Government have set rules against admitting applicants who are already pursuing a postgraduate degree. Candidates must therefore go through the rules carefully before applying for NEET MDS 2020.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College