Table of Contents
NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Dates(Revised), Registration, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE) 2020 is a state-level exam conducted in three phases (NEE 1, NEE 2, NEE 3) for Certificate, Diploma and Degree Courses in Technology. NERST NEE( 1, 2, 3) 2020 Exams which were previously scheduled to be conducted on April 18 -19, 2020 has been postponed and put on hold amidst COVID – 19 Outbreak.
Latest: The NERIST NEE 2020 has been rescheduled to be conducted on August 1 for NEE 2, NEE 3 and August 2 for NEE 1. Read more.
- NERIST NEE 2020 Registration was conducted from January 10, 2020 – March 21, 2020.
- The application fee was INR 600 for SC/ST/PD candidates and INR 1000 for General/OBC candidates through online mode.
- Aspirant must have passed class 10 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Check NERIST NEE Eligibility
- The exam will be conducted in online mode only.
- Only objective type questions will be asked in the exam. Check NERIST NEE Exam Pattern
- The admit cards will release in the second week of April in online mode only by entering Registration number/User ID and Password.
- NERIST NEE 2020 Result was scheduled to be out by May 15, 2020 but seeing the postponement in Exam Dates, succeeding exam events are likely to be delayed.
NERIST NEE 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Courses Offered||3- Certificate, Diploma and Degree Courses in Technology (Forestry)|
|Number of Seats||302 seats (NEE 1- 100, NEE 2- 80+30, NEE 3- 72)|
NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check exam scheduled tabulated below:
|Application form availability||January 10, 2020|
|Last date to fill NERIST NEE 2020 Application Form||March 21, 2020|
|NERIST Exam Admit Card||To be announced|
|NERIST NEE II, NEE III 2020 exam date||August 1, 2020 (Revised)|
|NERIST NEE I 2020 exam date||August 2, 2020 (Revised)|
|NERIST Exam Result||To be announced|
|Date of counselling||July 8, 2020 (onwards)|
NERIST NEE 2020 Eligibility
NERIST NEE eligibility criteria are as follows:
NEE 1 (Certification Courses)
- Aspirant must have passed class 10 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The age of the candidates must be 19 years as on July 31, 2020.
NEE 2 (Diploma Courses)
The university conducts exam for Diploma in Engineering and Technology, Vocational Course and B.Sc. in Forestry
- It is mandatory for aspirants to have passed class 10+2 examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- The age requirement is set at 23 years as on July 31, 2020. The university gives 3 years exemptions to candidates belonging to OBC Category and 5 years for candidates belonging to candidates belonging to SC/ ST category.
NEE 3 (Engineering Courses)
- Candidates with a Diploma in specialization course will be eligible to apply, provided the minimum aggregate marks are 60% or CGPA of 6.0 is attained successfully.
- Age as on July 31, 2020 must be 40 years.
NERIST NEE 2020 Application Form
NERIST NEE 2020 Application Process has been started from January 10, 2020. The steps involved in form filling are as follows:
- Visit the official website- neeonline.ac.in.
- New User will have to click the register button.
- Fill in the details such as First Name, Last Name. Password, Mobile No and Email Address.
- A username and password will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Once done, fill in your academic details, course choice and examination details.
- Upload the photo and signature in given dimensions.
- Verify all the details and submit the application form.
- You will be redirected to fee payment page, pay the application fee via online mode (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline bank challan.
- Once the fee is remitted, you can note the application number of successfully filled NERIST NEE Application Form for future reference.
NERIST NEE 2020 Admit Card
NERIST NEE 2020 Admit Card is one of the most important documents of the exam. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the admit card. The admit card will be available for download on the exam website.
The admit card will contain details like name, Exam Name, Course selected, Registration Number, Exam Centre Details, Exam Date and Time. It will also contain a photograph and signatures of the candidates.
Steps to download the admit card
- Go to the official website of NEE 2020.
- Click on the flash link for NIRSET NEE Admit Card.
- Enter your registration number and Password.
- The admit card will be displayed on your computer screen, check all the details and download it.
NERIST NEE 2020 is conducted in 13 centres in North East India. Candidates can select up to 2 centres of their choice. The exam centre is allotted on first come first serve basis. The university will generally allot the first option of the candidate.
NERIST 2020 Exam Centers
- NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE) will be conducted at 14 (Fourteen centers)in the eight North Eastern States.
- An applicant has to two provide two choices of the examination centers while filling the ONLINE form for the NEE 2020.
- The first choice of Examination Centre exercised by an applicant is maintained as such.
- A center may not be available to a candidate, if number of applicants in that center exceeds the maximum capacity of the center.
- Also a center may be cancelled if sufficient numbers of applicants are not available in that center.
|Examination Centre Code||Name of Examination Centre|
NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NERIST NEE 2020 is as follows:
- Exam will comprise 125 questions to be marked out of 150 marks
- The questions are of objective type
- The question will be graded at 1 mark and 2 marks
- Candidates will be penalized with .25 marks for every wrong answer
- The subject wise split up is as follows
- Physics – 35 marks
- Chemistry – 35 marks
- Mathematics – 80 marks
- NEE 2 is conducted for 150 marks allotted to 115 questions.
- Subjects will vary for each course
- The questions will be a combination of 1 mark and 2 marks
- Subject-wise split up varies for each course/program.
The exam pattern will contain general subjects for 80 marks and specialization subject for 70 marks. The general subjects will be the same for all specializations
- Physics – 25 marks
- Chemistry – 25 marks
- Mathematics – 30 marks
Specialization subjects are as under:
- Agriculture Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||NEE 1(125 questions), NEE 2 (115-130 questions), NEE 3 (50-130 questions)|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3 – 4|
NERIST NEE 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of the three exams will differ according to the course applied for. NEE 1 is conducted for candidates seeking admission to certification courses, the syllabus will mainly comprise topics from class 10 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections.
NEE 2 and NEE 3 will consist of topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 10+2 level. Topics such as Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, etc. must be focused upon. Questions pertaining to Biology section will also be asked. Apart from this, vocational subjects must also be focused upon.
NERIST NEE 2020 Recommended Books
To prepare for the exam, we have tabulated below some good reference books for candidate’s convenience. The list of books is as follows:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|NERIST Entrance Examination 2015 NEE-I (Base Module)||Arihant Experts|
|Problems In GENERAL PHYSICS||I E Irodov|
|Chapter-wise Solutions JEE Main Chemistry||Arihant Experts, Ninth|
|Wiley's Solomons & Fryhle's Organic Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced)||M S Chouhan|
NERIST NEE 2020 Result
NERIST NEE Result will be released on the official website on May 15, 2020. Candidates will be intimated of the result through website and online portals. The result announcement will be also made in leading newspapers of North East India. The board will release the overall marks of the candidate.
Steps to download NERIST NEE 2020 Result are as follows:
- Go to the official web portal of NERIST NEE.
- Click on the link stating “NERIST NEE 2020 Result”
- A pdf file will be displayed on the screen, download it and look for your roll number.
NERIST NEE 2020 Cut Off
There is no pre-determined cut off mark for NERIST NEE 2020. The university determines the cutoff every year based on the below factors:
- Number of applicants
- Highest marks secured in the current year
- Marks and cutoff secured in the previous year
- No of seats available
- Level of the exam
The university also gives exemption in cut off marks based on category and reservation.
NERIST NEE 2020 Counselling
NERIST NEE 2020 Counselling will be conducted on July 8, 2020 (Onwards). The counselling for all three exams will happen around the same time. The University will prepare a counselling schedule based on the marks secured by the candidate and category of the candidates.
Candidates can login to know the details of their allotted time and venue. The counselling is conducted in the offline mode and the university will announce a list of selected and waitlisted candidates. All the necessary documents in both original and Xerox copy have to be carried at the time of counselling.
The list of required documents is as follows:
- Class 10 Certificate
- Class 12 Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Permanent Residential Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College