NERIST NEE 2020 Eligibility
NERIST NEE 2020 will be conducted on April 20 & 21, 2020 in the online mode. NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE) is conducted every year by North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology. It is a state level examination that is conducted in 3 phases for Degree, Diploma and Certificate courses in the field of Technology.
- The exam will be conducted in 3 phases, namely, NEE-1, NEE-2 and NEE-3.
- The candidates must confirm their eligibility for all the 3 phases of the entrance examination.
- The application form is available on the official website.
- Students must note that NEE 2 and NEE 3 will be held on the same day.
- The reservation criteria for NERIST NEE 2020 is divided into three different categories such as All India Quota, State Quota and PD Quota.
NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates who are interested to take NERIST NEE 2020 must know all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the examination within the stipulated time. The exam dates of NERIST NEE 2020 are listed are tabulated below:
|Availability of application form||January 11, 2020|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 25, 2020|
|Availability of admit card||April 8, 2020|
|NEE 2 and NEE 3 Examination||April 20, 2020|
|NEE 1 Examination||April 21, 2020|
Note: The official dates will be announced soon by the conducting authority. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website to stay updated regarding news and notifications of NERIST NEE 2020.
NERIST NEE 2020 Eligibility as per Nationality
In order to apply for NERIST NEE 2020, candidates must satisfy all the eligibility conditions. Among various conditions, the first one is eligibility with respect to the Nationality:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India to appear for NEE 1, NEE 2 and NEE 3 Examination.
- NERIST NEE 2020 will be conducted at 3 levels i.e. NEE 1, NEE 2 and NEE 3 to offer admission in Diploma Module, Base Module and Degree Module in the Technology stream and also in Degree module of Forestry Stream.
- The entrance examination will be conducted in the North-Eastern states such as Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Sikkim, Nagaland and Tripura.
- NERIST NEE 2020 notifications will be published in National and Regional newspapers of the North-Eastern region in the month of December 2017.
- Foreign nationals are not eligible to appear for NERIST NEE 2020.
Eligibility as per the Age Criteria
Candidates have to meet the different Age Criteria as per the NEE levels. The level-wise criteria are discussed below:
Age Criteria for NEE 1
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 19 years for candidates who belong to General category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 22 years for female candidates and candidates who belong to OBC category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 24 years for candidates who belong to SC/ST/PD categories.
Age Criteria for NEE 2
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 23 years for candidates who belong to General category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 26 years for female candidates and candidates who belong to OBC category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 28 years for candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH categories.
Age Criteria for NEE 3
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 40 years for candidates who belong to General category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 43 years for female candidates and candidates who belong to OBC category.
- The maximum age limit as on July 31, 2020 is 45 years for candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH categories.
Eligibility as per Academic Qualification
The eligibility as per Academic Qualification is also different for the different levels of NEE 2020.
Academic Qualification for NEE 1
- Candidates must have passed Matriculation/Class 10th or equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science as main subjects.
- The candidates must have secured pass marks individually in all the subjects including Mathematics and Science.
Academic Qualification for NEE 2
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary/Class 12 or equivalent examination with Science subjects.
- Candidates must have secured pass marks individually in all the subjects in Class 12th.
Academic Qualification for NEE 3
- Candidates must have passed a 3-year Diploma in any discipline from any polytechnic institution recognized by Government.
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale are required.
Eligibility Criteria as per the Program Opted
Candidates seeking admission must satisfy the eligibility criteria with respect to the program as given below:
- NEE I – Certificate Courses: The candidates must have passed Class 10th examination
- NEE 2- Diploma in Engineering and Technology: The candidates must have passed Class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as main subjects.
- NEE 2- Vocational (Diploma in Engineering and Technology): The candidates must have passed Class 12th examination (vocational)/ ITI/ NERIST certificate holder in Agricultural Engineering/Civil Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- NEE 2- B.Sc degree in Forestry: A 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) is mandatory.
- NEE 3- B.Tech: The candidates must have passed a 3-year Diploma in Engineering & Technology
Thus, it can be seen that there are many eligibility conditions which are required to be satisfied in order to appear in NERIST NEE 2020.
NERIST NEE 2020 Reservation Criteria
The reservation criteria for NERIST NEE 2020 is divided into three different categories:
- All India Quota: This benefit is available for Indian Citizens only. Such candidates can be resident of any State or Union Territory
- State Quota: This criterion is applicable to residents of the North-Eastern states of India. It includes Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Sikkim, Nagaland and Tripura.
- PD Quota: Those students are eligible for this benefit who have 40% to 75% Physical Locomotor Disability (PD). The candidates can be residents of any State or Union Territory.
The division of seats is listed below:
- 80% of the total seats of NERIST NEE are reserved for candidates of the 8 North-Eastern states. The reservation is 10% for each of the eight states.
- Apart from this, 7% of the seats are reserved for Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) holders of the North-Eastern states.
- 10% of the total seats are reserved for the candidates under All India Quota.
- 3% of the total seats are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates under PD Quota.
Note: Admission of candidates in Technology and Forestry stream are based on the total number of seats available in three different reservation categories.
The documents required to be produced at the time of document verification are listed below:
- Mark sheet and passing certificate of the qualifying examination ( Class 10th/ Class 12th/Diploma)
- SC/ST/OBC/PD certificate (if applicable). PD candidates need to bring their medical certificate that clearly mentions their locomotor disability.
- Permanent Resident Certificate (if candidates have applied for state quota of North-Eastern region)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Government employee certificate of parent/guardian (if applicable)
- 3 passport size photographs
Note: Candidates who are applying under General category have to carry their academic qualification documents and passport size photographs only.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College