Table of Contents
TS ICET 2020 Exam Dates (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
TS ICET 2020 Exam will be conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on May 20 and 21, 2020 on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). TS ICET 2020 is conducted to grant admission to students into MBA and MCA programs offered by the universities in the state of Telangana. As per TS ICET 2020 Eligibilty, candidates possessing a graduation degree with 50% marks are eligible to apply for TS ICET 2020.
- TS ICET 2020 Application Form will be available at the official website from February 2020.
- The application fees is 650 for general, OBC and EWS categories and INR 450 for SC, ST candidates.
- As per TS ICET 2020 Exam Pattern, it will be a Computer Based Test of 150 minutes duration having 200 MCQs.
- Each question will be of 1 mark and there is no negative marking applicable in the exam.
- TS ICET 2020 Syllabus contains questions that test candidates’ analytical ability, mathematical ability and communication ability.
- As per the rank scored in the examination, eligible candidates will participate in the counselling process.
- A total of 23,358 seats are available in 150+ TS ICET Participating Business Schools across the state of Telangana.
TS ICET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET)|
|Conducting Body||Kakatiya University on behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised Board|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
|Seats Offered||23,000+ seats|
|TS ICET Help Desk||0870-2438088|
TS ICET 2020 Exam Dates
The following table depicts the list of important dates related to TS ICET exam events which are released by the Kakatiya University.
|Release of TS ICET 2020 Notification||February 2020|
|TS ICET 2020 Application Form Window||March 2020 – May 2020|
|TS ICET Admit Card||May 2020|
|TS ICET 2020 Exam Dates||May 20 and 21, 2020 (Officially Announced)|
|Announcement of Preliminary Key||Last week of May 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Answer Key||June 2020|
|Announcement of Final Answer Key and Results||Second week of June 2020|
Check detailed TS ICET 2020 Schedule
TS ICET Eligibility Criteria 2020
TS ICET Eligibility Criteria notified by Kakatiya University is detailed below:
- An applicant must be an Indian National.
Educational Qualification Requirements:
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories).
- If the qualifying degree is obtained by distance mode then it should be recognised by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying examination can also apply, provided their results will be declared on or before the TS ICET Counselling Process
- There is no limit on age criteria.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no set limit for the number of attempts.
Steps to Fill TS ICET 2020 Application Form
Given below is a brief about TS ICET 2020 Registration Process:
Step 1: Register and Pay TS ICET Application Fee
- Visit the official portal i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on the “Application Fee Payment” link
- Enter the following details asked:
- Candidate's Name
- Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-Mail ID
- Payment Type
- Pay the application fee. A payment reference ID will be generated for filling the form.
The registration fee for the TS ICET is represented in the following table:
|Category||TS ICET 2020 Application Fee|
|Other candidates||INR 650|
|SC/ST candidates||INR 450|
Step 2: Fill TS ICET 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the following details:
- Candidate’s Personal Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Exam Centre
- Candidates’ Category as mentioned in the Caste certificate.
- Local Area Status: AU (Andhra University), OU (Osmania University), SVU (Sri Venkateswara University) or Non-Local.
- SSC (10th class) or equivalent details
- Select whether Non-Minority / Minority.
- Special Category, if applicable, such as:
- Annual Income of the Parent
- Address for Correspondence, contact number and email ID
- Intermediate /Degree details
Step 3 – Upload Photo and Signature
- Photograph Format: jpg file, Size: less than 30 KB
- Signature Format: jpg format, Size: less than 15 KB
Read about TS ICET 2020 Registration
TS ICET 2020 Admit Card
- TS ICET 2020 Admit Card will be available for registered candidates from second week of May 2020 onwards.
- It will be made available on the official website – icet.tsche.ac.in.
- No candidate was allowed to appear in the exam without admit card.
- TS ICET 2020 Hall Ticket is also a necessary document for the Counselling Process and subsequent admission processes.
How to Download TS ICET 2020 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on “Download TS ICET 2020 Hall Ticket” link
- Enter your Application No and Date of birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Click on “Get Hall Ticket”
- TS ICET 2020 Hall Ticket will be generated
- Save it and take a print out the same for future use
Download TS ICET 2020 Admit Card
Discrepancy in TS ICET 2020 Admit Card
If there are any kind of discrepancies in TS ICET 2020 Hall Ticket or the candidates are unable to access the admit card, they must contact the conducting authority in the address given below –
University College of Commerce and Business Management
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri,
Warangal- 506009, Telangana
Contact No: 0870-2438088
E-mail: convenerTS ICET2020@gmail.com
TS ICET 2020 Exam Centers
- The Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) will be held across 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
- Candidates are given the choice to fill the city of their choice according to convenience during TS ICET Application Process.
Mentioned below are the 16 regional test centers in Telangana, along with their codes:
|TS ICET Test Center||Center Code||TS ICET Test Center||Center Code|
TS ICET 2020 Exam Pattern
TS ICET 2020 will be conducted in online mode. The medium will be English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper. The table enlists further details related to TS ICET 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English and Urdu|
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer; 0 marks for unanswered questions; No negative marking for incorrect answer|
TS ICET 2020 Practice Papers
The previous year question papers are a good source for practice. Kakatiya University also releases a Mock Test for the TS ICET aspirants before the commencement of test. Check out the following table for previous years’ practice papers:-
|TS ICET Previous Years’ Question Papers||Answer Key|
|TS ICET 2017 Question Paper||TS ICET 2017 Answer Key|
|TS ICET 2016 Question Paper||TS ICET 2016 Answer Key|
|TS ICET 2015 Question Paper||TS ICET 2015 Answer Key|
TS ICET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of TS ICET as released by the organising committee is as follows:
Section-A – Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency: A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii.
- If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer.
- If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer.
- If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer.
- If both i and ii put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
- Problem Solving:
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis: The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of the English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section-B – Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability: Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications - Equation of a line in different forms.
- Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°)
- Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences;
- Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative;
- Plane geometry - lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
- Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C – Communication Ability 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Candidateswill be assessed on the ability to:
- identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
- identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1 – Vocabulary
Part 2 – Business and Computer terminology
Part 3 – Functional Grammar
Part 4 – Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
Read More about TS ICET 2020 Syllabus
TS ICET 2020 Result
TS ICET Result will be announced in third week of June 2020 as scorecards. The unreserved category candidates must secure at least 25% marks in order to qualify it. However, for the candidates of ST or SC categories, there are no such qualifying marks. Based on the TS ICET 2020 Results, the conducting body will announce the Merit List. Candidates can check their individual TS ICET 2020 Scorecard through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of TS ICET
- Click on the link ‘TS ICET 2020 Result’
- Visit the official website of TS ICET
- Click on the ‘TS ICET 2020 Rank Card’ link
- Enter the Hall Ticket Number
- Upon clicking the submit button, TS ICET 2020 Rank Card will be generated
TS ICET 2020 Answer Key
- The exam conducting authority publishes Two Answer Keys i.e. Preliminary and Final answer key of TS ICET 2020.
- The preliminary answer key will be released in last week of May 2020.
- Candidates will be able to calculate their marks before the announcement of TS ICET 2020 Result
- Candidates were also given the facility to submit their objection on primary answer key if any, to the office of the Convener, TS ICET – 2020 through e-mail / Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days after publication of the preliminary answer key.
- Final answer key will be published along with TS ICET 2020 Results in the month of June 2020.
Universities Under TS ICET 2020
The following list of universities offers admission in MBA/MCA two-year program. Candidates can pursue full time, part-time, evening and distance mode courses from these universities.
- Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University (PJSAU)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)
- JNT University, Hyderabad (JNTU-H)
- Kakatiya University (KU)
- Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)
- Osmania University (OU)
- Palamur University (PU)
- Satavahana University (SU)
- Telangana University (TU)
TS ICET 2020 Merit List
- Kakatiya University, Warangal, will publish a separate merit list for both the courses based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test.
- Candidates who score more than the cutoff marks will qualify for the next rounds.
TS ICET 2020 Cutoff
- TS ICET Cutoff is the minimum score required to secure admission in MBA and MBA courses offered by various colleges and institutions in the state of Telangana.
- TS ICET cutoff will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
- Candidates have to score a minimum of 25% marks in the entrance test (no minimum marks in case of SC/ST candidates) to qualify for the counselling rounds.
- Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam.
- Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
- Based on candidate’s performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure.
TS ICET 2020 Counselling
- Based on this TS ICET Merit list, qualified candidates will proceed for the TS ICET 2020 Counselling.
- Admission to 85% of seats shall be reserved for the local candidates.
- 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved, as specified in the AP Educational Institutions order 1974 as amended.
TS ICET 2020 Counselling will contain various steps which are discussed below:
- Registration – All the candidates who are selected for TS ICET Counsellingmust register themselves by filling the registration form at the counselling center.
- Certificate verification – Once the registration is done, the candidates must report to the counselling center with the required list of documents mentioned below for certificate verification.
- Online Web Options Entry & Freezing or Locking of Options – After the certificate verification, the conducting body will release an online portal for the candidates where they have to enter their preference of colleges in the online portal and lock it.
- TS ICET 2020 Seat Allotment – During the seat allotment process, the choices that have been locked before the deadline will be considered for seat allocation. The final seat allotment will be made on the basis of the Merit list and availability of seats apart from the candidate’s choice.
- Payment of Fee and Reporting in allotted college
- The next step is the payment of the fee. Candidates are required to download the bank challan from the online website.
- The fee can be paid in any of the Andhra Bank or Indian Bank in the state of Telangana.
- Candidates will receive a proof of the payment and with this receipt, the candidates must report to the allotted colleges.
Documents Required for TS ICET Counselling 2020
Candidates appearing for TS ICET Counselling are required to take certain documents to the counselling center. Candidates of all categories must carry these documents:
- Rank Card
- TS ICET Admit Card
- Mark sheet of SSC / Intermediate or Equivalent Qualifying Examination
- Class IX to Degree Certificates
- Caste & Income certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020
- Transfer Certificate of Degree or Equivalent
- Residence Certificate
- In the case of non-local candidates residential certificate of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years excluding the period of employment outside Telangana from Tehsildar.
- Aadhar Card
TS ICET 2020 Contact Details
Official Website: icet.tsche.ac.in
TS ICET 2020 FAQs
Ques. Who is conducting the TS ICET 2020 exam?
Ans. The Kakatiya University, Warangal conducts the TS ICET exam on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
Ques. In which all years before the Kakatiya University has conducted the TS ICET exam?
Ans. The Kakatiya University has conducted the TS ICET exam before in 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, 2018, 2019 prior to 2020.
Ques. What are the various courses offered through TS ICET 2020?
Ans. You may appear in the TS ICET 2020 exam for getting admission to the Master in Business Applications (MBA) and Master in Computer Applications (MCA) courses.
Ques. What is the duration of the courses offered through TS ICET 2020?
Ans. The MBA course is for two years and the MCA course is of three years.
Ques. What is the eligibility for the TS ICET 2020 exam?
Ans. Following are the highlights of eligibility details for various courses offered through TS ICET 2020:
- For MBA, candidates should have passed the bachelor’s degree of at least three years from any discipline and a recognised university or institution with at least 50% marks (45% for the SC/ST category).
- For MCA, candidates should have passed the bachelor’s degree of at least three years from any discipline and a recognised university or institution along with the Mathematics subject in class 12th with at least 50% marks (45% for the SC/ST category).
Ques. What is the registration fee of TS ICET 2020?
Ans. The registration fee of TS ICET 2020 is INR 650 for the General category candidates, and INR 450 for the SC and ST category candidates.
Ques. How can I pay the registration fee of TS ICET 2020?
Ans. You can pay the registration fee of TS ICET 2020 through TS Online, AP online, Mee Seva, and e-Seva centres. Additionally, you can pay it through payment gateway (credit card, debit card, or net banking).
Ques. By when could I register for TS ICET 2020?
Ans. The dates of TS ICET 2020 are yet to be released. Though the tentative dates for the registration is 2nd week of March 2020 to 2nd week of May 2020.
Ques. What is the mode of TS ICET 2020 registration?
Ans. You may register for TS ICET 2020 in the online mode through its official website at icet.tsche.ac.in.
Ques. What are the various exam centers of the TS ICET 2020 exam?
Ans. The TS ICET 2020 exam will be conducted in 12 cities of Telangana and 4 cities of Andhra Pradesh. Following is the list of exam centers: • Hyderabad • Karimnagar • Khammam • Kodad • Mahabubnagar • Nalgonda • Narsapur – Medak • Nizamabad • Rangareddy • Sangareddy • Siddepet • Warangal • Kurnool (AP) • Tirupati (AP) • Vijayawada (AP) • Vishakapatnam (AP)
Ques. What certificates and information do I need to have ready with me while applying for TS ICET 2020?
Ans. You should have the following certificates and details with you handy while filling the TS ICET 2020 registration form:
- Degree or hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s father name
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Mobile number
- Local status (OU/AU/SVU/ Non-local)
- Parents’ income certificate
- Category (SC, ST, or OBC) certificate, if applicable
- Special Category (NCC, PH, Sports, or CAP)
Ques. How many marks do I need to secure the TS ICET 2020 exam?
Ans. The qualifying marks of the TS ICET 2020 exam are 50 out of 200. The ranking will be calculated based on merit in the examination.
Ques. What happens if I fail to register for TS ICET by end date?
Ans. In case you fail to register for TS ICET by end date, you may still be able to register for it with additional late fee penalty of INR 500 by the latest date.
Ques. What happens in case of power or internet connection failure during the TS ICET application form submission?
Ans. In case of interruption during the TS ICET form submission, you would be able to access your registration page by logging in again to the official website - icet.tsche.ac.in again. Your already filled information might have saved by the server.
Ques. Could I pay the TS ICET 2020 application fee post submitting my online application form?
Ans. No, the TS ICET application fee needs to be paid before registering for it.
Ques. I am a student of graduation final year. Am I eligible for applying to TS ICET 2020?
Ans. Yes, you may apply to TS ICET 2020, providing that you secure the least required marks at a late stage.
Ques. I have passed 47% marks in my B.Sc. Am I eligible for apply to TS ICET 2020 for the MBA course?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible.
Ques. From where could I get my TS ICET 2020 admit card?
Ans. You may be able to download your TS ICET 2020 admit card from the official website starting from first week of May 2020.
Ques. Would the TS ICET 2020 admit card also be sent to me through physical post?
Ans. No, you will have to download it through the official website only. TS ICET doesn’t provide admit card by post or email.
Ques. What should I bring to the exam center along with the TS ICET 2020 admit card?
Ans.Along with admit card, candidate has to carry one valid and original (not photocopied/scanned copy) photo identity proof like voter Id, aadhaar card, etc
Ques. Which all documented are will be allowed as photo identity proof at the exam center of TS ICET 2020?
Ans. Driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id card, Aadhaar card, college Id card, employee Id card, or any other photo identity proof issued by Indian or state government.
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of TS ICET 2020, if I carry the photocopy of my driving license?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original one. Candidate who bring photocopy of any document will not be permitted to sit in the exam.
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of TS ICET 2020, if I carry would show the E-aadhaar on my mobile phone?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original hardcopy of any of your photo identity proof.
Ques. Do I need to validate something in the downloaded TS ICET 2020 admit card?
Ans. Yes, you need to validate that all your particulars in the TS ICET 2020 admit card are correct.
Ques. What should I do if I find errors in my TS ICET 2020 admit card?
Ans. You need to immediately contact the officials of TS ICET 2020 to get those corrected and issued a new admit card.
Ques. What are the restricted items for the TS ICET 2020 examination hall?
Ans. Mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, any other electronic items, and sharp objects are not allowed inside the TS ICET examination hall.
Ques. How should I submit the Application Form of TS ICET 2020?
Ans. For TS ICET 2020, the application form cannot be bought at designated centers and has to be submitted ONLY through ONLINE mode.
Ques. What are the various modes of payment of Registration fees?
Ans. There are two modes of payment. The first mode is through TS Online / AP Online / e-Seva / Mee Seva centers and the other mode is through Debit Card / Credit Card/Net Banking. The locations of TSOnline / APOnline / eSeva / Mee Seva centers are given on the official website.
Ques. How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the Online Application Form?
Ans. On successful submission of the Online Application Form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled In Online Application Form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with the Registration number and the Barcode will be displayed instantly.
Ques. Should I upload any certificates at the time of registration?
Ans. No, you do not have to upload any certificates at the time of registration.
Ques. After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
Ans. No, after submission of the ONLINE application form, a “Filled In Application Form” is generated. The candidate should take a print of the application form and hence, cannot modify the data. Therefore, the candidates are highly expected to be extra careful while filling the ONLINE application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TS ICET-2020 or send an e-mail to convenerTS ICET2020@gmail.com.
Ques. I did some mistake in filling the details in Online Application. How can I change
Ans. Candidates are expected to be extra careful while filling TS ICET application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TS ICET-2020 or send an e-mail to convenerTS ICET2020@gmail.com.
Ques. What if I don’t have an Email-id?
Ans. Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable as you might be intimated important information about TS ICET-2020 from time to time to the given e-mail id.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College