TS ICET 2019 Exam Dates (Released), Registration, Eligibility, Pattern
Kakatiya University, Warangal has scheduled TS ICET 2019 for May 23 and 24 in two sessions. Indian nationals satisfying local/ non-local status requirements laid down in the Telangana State Educational Institutions can apply for the examination. Check detailed TS ICET Eligibility
- The entire schedule for the state level exam will be released shortly at icet.tsche.ac.in.
- Registration window will open in March 2019 and the entire procedure will be completely online. Know more
- The exam is conducted in CBT mode, having 200 MCQs distributed amongst 3 sections. Check TSICET Exam Pattern
About TS ICET Exam:
- The exam is conducted for admission into MBA and MCA courses offered by the Universities in Telangana State and their affiliated colleges.
- For this session, KU Warangal will regulate the exam on the behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE).
- A total of 23,358 seats are available in 100+ B-School across the state of Telangana through TSICET 2019. Check TS ICET Participating Institutes
TS ICET 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET)|
|Conducting Body||Kakatiya University on behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised Board|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
|Seats Offered||23,000+ seats|
|TSICET Help Desk||0870-2438088|
TS ICET Exam Dates 2019
The official notification will be released by the Kakatiya University in the month of February. The following table depicts the list of important dates related to TSICET exam events:
|Release of TS ICET Notification||February 2019|
|Availability of TS ICET Application Form||February 2019|
|Last date to apply online||April 2019|
|Release of TSICET Admit Card||May 2019|
|TSICET 2019 Exam Dates||May 23 – 24, 2019 (released)|
|Announcement of Preliminary Key||May 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Answer Key||June 2019|
|Announcement of Final Answer Key and Results||June 2019|
Check detailed TS ICET 2019 Schedule
TS ICET Eligibility Criteria
TSICET Eligibility Criteria notified by Kakatiya University is detailed below:
- An applicant must be an Indian National.
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories).
- If the qualifying degree is obtained by distance mode then it should be recognised by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying examination can also apply provided their results will be declared on or before the TSICET Counselling Process
- There is no limit on age criteria.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no set limit for the number of attempts.
Read detailed TSICET Eligibilty
Steps to Fill TS ICET Application Form 2019
Given below is a brief about the registration process for TS ICET exam:
Step 1: Registration and Payment
- Visit the official portal i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on the ‘ Application Fee Payment’ link
- Enter the following details asked:
- Candidate's Name
- Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-Mail ID
- Payment Type
- Pay the application fee. A payment reference ID will be generated for filling the form.
The registration fee for the TSICET is represented in the following table:
|Other candidates||INR 650|
|SC/ST candidates||INR 450|
Those candidates who submit the application form after the first deadline have to pay a late fee. The late fee payment details are given below:
|Application Fee||Last Date (tentative)|
|Last date to submit the application fee (w/o Late Fee)||April 2019|
|Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form (Late Fee of र 500/-)||May 2019|
|Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form (Late Fee of र 2,000/-)||May 2019|
|Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form (Late Fee of र 5,000/-)||May 2019|
|Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form (Late Fee of र 10,000/-)||May 2019|
Step 2: TS ICET 2019 Application Form Filling
Candidates have to fill the following details:
- Candidate’s Personal Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Exam Centre
- Candidates’ Category as mentioned in the Caste certificate.
- Local Area Status: AU (Andhra University), OU (Osmania University), SVU (Sri Venkateswara University) or Non-Local.
- SSC (10th class) or equivalent details
- Select whether Non-Minority / Minority.
- Special Category, if applicable, such as:
- Annual Income of the Parent
- Address for Correspondence, contact number and email ID
- Intermediate /Degree details
Step 3: Upload Photo and Signature
- Photograph Format: jpg file, Size: less than 30 KB
- Signature Format: jpg format, Size: less than 15 KB
Step 4: Accept the Declaration and Submit
Step 5: A preview of the filled in TS ICET Application Form with a Registration ID will appear on the screen.
Step 6: The candidate must take a print out of this preview of the filled in TS ICET Application Form for use at subsequent stages of the selection process.
Read about TSICET 2019 Registration
TS ICET 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the TS ICET 2019 Admit Card from May 7 onwards.
- It can be obtained from the official website i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without the document.
- TS ICET 2019 Hall Ticket is also a necessary document for the Counselling Process and subsequent admission procedures.
How to download TS ICET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ link
- Enter your Application No and Date of birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Click on ‘Get Hall Ticket’
- TS ICET 2019 Hall Ticket will be generated
- Save it and take a print out the same
Download TS ICET Admit Card
Discrepancy in TS ICET Admit Card
If there are any kind of discrepancies in TS ICET 2019 Hall Ticket or the candidates are unable to access the admit card, they must contact the conducting authority in the address given below:
University College of Commerce and Business Management
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri,
Warangal- 506009, Telangana
Contact No: 0870-2438088
TS ICET 2019 Exam Centers
- The Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) is held across 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
- A candidate is given the choice to fill the city of his choice according to convenience during TSICET Application Process.
Mentioned below are the 16 regional test centers in Telangana, along with their codes:
|TSICET Test Center||Center Code||TSICET Test Center||Center Code|
TS ICET 2019 Exam Pattern
TSICET 2019 is conducted as a pen-paper test. English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper. The table enlists further details related to TSICET Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English and Urdu|
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer; 0 marks for unanswered questions; No negative marking for incorrect answer|
TS ICET Practice Papers
The previous year question papers are a good source for practice. Kakatiya University also releases a Mock Test for the TS ICET aspirants before the commencement of test. Check out the following table for previous years’ practice papers:
|TSICET Previous Years’ Question Papers||Answer Key|
|TSICET 2014 Question Paper||TSICET 2014 Answer Key|
|TSICET 2015 Question Paper||TSICET 2015 Answer Key|
|TSICET 2016 Question Paper||TSICET 2016 Answer Key|
|TSICET 2017 Question Paper||TSICET 2017 Answer Key|
TS ICET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of TSICET as released by the organising committee is as follows:
Section-A: Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency: A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii.
- If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer.
- If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer.
- If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer.
- If both i and ii put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
- Problem Solving:
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis:The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section -B: Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability: Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability:Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications - Equation of a line in different forms.
- Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°)
- Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences;
- Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative;
- Plane geometry - lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
- Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C: Communication Ability 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Candidateswill be assessed on the ability to:
- identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
- identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1: Vocabulary
Part 2: Business and Computer terminology
Part 3: Functional Grammar
Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
Read More about TSICET Syllabus
TS ICET 2019 Result
TS ICET Result will be announced on June 6 (tentative) as scorecards. The unreserved category candidates must secure at least 25% marks in order to qualify it. However, for the candidates of ST or SC categories, there are no such qualifying marks. Based on the TSICET 2019 Results, the conducting body will announce the Merit List. Candidates can check their individual TSICET 2019 Scorecard through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of TSICET
- Click on the link ‘TSICET 2019 Result’
- Visit to the official website of TSICET
- Click on the ‘TSICET 2019 Rank Card’ link
- Enter the Hall Ticket Number
- Upon clicking the submit button, TSICET 2019 Rank Card will be generated
TS ICET 2019 Answer Key
- The exam conducting authority will publish two Answer Keys i.e. Preliminary and Final answer key of TSICET 2019.
- The preliminary answer key will be released on May 27, 2019.
- Candidates will be able to calculate their marks before the result announcement.
- Candidates can also submit their objection on primary answer key if any, to the office of the Convener, TSICET-2019 through e-mail / Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days after publication of the preliminary answer key i.e. till June 4, 2019.
- Final answer key will be published along with TSICET 2019 Results on June 6, 2019.
Universities Under TS ICET
The following list of universities offer admission in MBA/MCA two-year program. Candidates can pursue full time, part-time, evening and distance mode courses from these universities.
- Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University (PJSAU)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)
- JNT University, Hyderabad (JNTU-H)
- Kakatiya University (KU)
- Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)
- Osmania University (OU)
- Palamur University (PU)
- Satavahana University (SU)
- Telangana University (TU)
TS ICET 2019 Merit List
- Kakatiya University, Warangal, will publish separate merit list for both the courses based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test.
- Candidates who score more than the cutoff marks will qualify for the next rounds.
TS ICET 2019 Cut off
- TSICET Cut off is the minimum score required to secure admission in MBA and MBA courses offered by various colleges and institute in the state of Telangana.
- TSICET cut off will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
- Candidates have to score minimum 25% marks in the entrance test (no minimum marks in case of SC/ST candidates) to qualify for the counselling rounds.
- Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam.
- Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
- Based on candidate’s performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure.
TS ICET 2019 Counselling
- Based on this TSICET Merit list, qualified candidates will proceed for the TSICET 2019 Counselling.
- Admission to 85% of seats shall be reserved for the local candidates.
- 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved, as specified in the AP Educational Institutions order 1974 as amended.
TS ICET 2019 Counselling will contain various steps which are discussed below:
- All the candidates who are selected for TSICET Counselling,must register themselves by filling the registration form at the counselling centre.
- Certificate verification:
- Once the registration is done, the candidates must report to the counselling centre with the required list of documents mentioned below for certificate verification.
- Online Web Options Entry & Freezing or Locking of Options:
- After the certificate verification, the conducting body will release an online portal for the candidates where they have to enter their preference of colleges in the online portal and lock it.
- TSICET 2019 Seat Allotment:
- During the seat allotment process, those choices that have been locked before the deadline will be considered for seat allocation.
- The final seat allotment will be made on the basis of the Merit list and availability of seats apart from the candidate’s choice.
- Payment of Fee and Reporting in allotted college:
- The next step is the payment of the fee. Candidates are required to download the bank challan from the online website.
- The fee can be paid in any of the Andhra Bank or Indian Bank in the state of Telangana.
- Candidates will receive a proof of the payment and with this receipt, the candidates must report to the allotted colleges.
Documents to Carry for TS ICET Counselling
Candidates appearing for TSICET Counselling are required to take certain documents to the counselling centre. Candidates of all categories must carry these documents:
- Rank Card
- TSICET Admit Card
- Mark sheet of SSC / Intermediate or Equivalent Qualifying Examination.
- Class IX to Degree Certificates.
- Caste & Income certificate issued on or after June 1, 2019.
- Transfer Certificate of Degree or Equivalent.
- Residence Certificate
- In the case of non-local candidates residential certificate of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years excluding the period of employment outside Telangana from Tehsildar.
- Aadhar Card
Official Website: www.icet.tsche.ac.in
TS ICET 2019 FAQs
Ques. Who is conducting the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. The Kakatiya University, Warangal conducts the TSICET exam on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
Ques. In which all years before the Kakatiya University has conducted the TSICET exam?
Ans. The Kakatiya University has conducted the TSICET exam before in 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, prior to 2018.
Ques. What are the various courses offered through TSICET 2019?
Ans. You may appear in the TSIECT 2019 exam for getting admission to the Master in Business Applications (MBA) and Master in Computer Applications (MCA) courses.
Ques. What is the duration of the courses offered through TSICET 2019?
Ans. The MBA course is of two years and the MCA course is of three years.
Ques. What is the eligibility for the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. Following are the highlights of eligibility details for various courses offered through TSICET 2019:
- For MBA, candidates should have passed the bachelor’s degree of at least three years from any discipline and a recognised university or institution with at least 50% marks (45% for the SC/ST category).
- For MCA, candidates should have passed the bachelor’s degree of at least three years from any discipline and a recognised university or institution along with the Mathematics subject in class 12th with at least 50% marks (45% for the SC/ST category).
Ques. What is the registration fee of TSICET 2019?
Ans. The registration fee of TSICET 2019 is INR 650 for the General category candidates, and INR 450 for the SC and ST category candidates.
Ques. How can I pay the registration fee of TSICET 2019?
Ans. You can pay the registration fee of TSICET 2019 through TS Online, AP online, Mee Seva, and e-Seva centres. Additionally, you can pay it through payment gateway (credit card, debit card, or net banking).
Ques. By when could I register for TSICET 2019?
Ans. You can apply for TSICET 2019 latest by April 30, 2019.
Ques. What is the mode of TSICET 2019 registration?
Ans. You may register for TSICET 2019 in the online mode through its official website at icet.tsche.ac.in.
Ques. What are the various exam centres of the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. The TSICET 2019 exam will be conducted in 12 cities of Telangana and 4 cities of Andhra Pradesh. Following is the liest of exam centres: • Hyderabad • Karimnagar • Khammam • Kodad • Mahabubnagar • Nalgonda • Narsapur – Medak • Nizamabad • Rangareddy • Sangareddy • Siddepet • Warangal • Kurnool (AP) • Tirupati (AP) • Vijayawada (AP) • Vishakapatnam (AP)
Ques. What certificates and information do I need to have ready with me while applying for TSICET 2019?
Ans. You should have the following certificates and details with you handy while filling the TSICET 2019 registration form:
- Degree or hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s father name
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Mobile number
- Local status (OU/AU/SVU/ Non-local)
- Parents’ income certificate
- Category (SC, ST, or OBC) certificate, if applicable
- Special Category (NCC, PH, Sports, or CAP)
Ques. How many marks do I need to secure the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. The qualifying marks of the TSICET 2019 exam are 50 out of 200. The ranking will be calculated based on merit in the examination.
Ques. What happens if I fail to register for TSICET by April 30, 2019?
Ans. In case you fail to register for TSICET by April 30, 2019, you may still be able to register for it with additional late fee penalty of INR 500 latest by May 05, 2019.
Ques. What happens if I fail to register for TSICET by May 05, 2019 also?
Ans. In case you fail to register for TSICET by May 05, 2019 also, you may still be able to register for it with additional late fee penalty of INR 2000 latest by May 10, 2019.
Ques. What happens if I fail to register for TSICET by May 10, 2019 also?
Ans. In case you fail to register for TSICET by May 10, 2019 also, you may still be able to register for it with additional late fee penalty of INR 5000 latest by May 14, 2019.
Ques. What happens if I fail to register for TSICET by May 14, 2019 also?
Ans. In case you fail to register for TSICET by May 14, 2019 also, you may still be able to register for it through your last chance with additional late fee penalty of INR 10000 latest by May 19, 2019.
Ques. What happens in case of power or internet connection failure during the TSICET application form submission?
Ans. In case of interruption during the TSICET form submission, you would be able to access your registration page by logging in again to the official website - icet.tsche.ac.in again. Your already filled information might have saved by the server.
Ques. Could I pay the TSICET 2019 application fee post submitting my online application form?
Ans. No, the TSICET application fee needs to be paid before registering for it.
Ques. I am a student of graduation final year. Am I eligible for applying to TSICET 2019?
Ans. Yes, you may apply to TSICET 2019, providing that you secure the least required marks at a late stage.
Ques. I have passed 47% marks in my B.Sc. Am I eligible for apply to TSICET 2019 for the MBA course?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible.
Ques. From where could I get my TSICET 2019 admit card?
Ans. You may be able to download your TSICET 2019 admit card from the official website starting from May 07, 2019.
Ques. Would the TSICET 2019 admit card also be sent to me through physical post?
Ans. No, you will have to download it through the official website only.
Ques. Shall I get my TSICET 2019 admit card in e-mail?
Ans. No, you will have to download it through the official website only.
Ques. What should I bring to the exam center along with the TSICET 2019 admit card?
Ans. One valid and original (not photocopied/scanned copy) photo identity proof.
Ques. Which all documented are will be allowed as photo identity proof at the exam center of TSICET 2019?
Ans. Driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id card, Aadhaar card, college Id card, employee Id card, or any other photo identity proof issued by Indian or state government.
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of TSICET 2019, if I carry the photocopy of my driving license?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original one.
Ques. Will I be allowed to enter the exam center of TSICET 2019, if I carry would show the E-aadhaar in my mobile phone?
Ans. No, you need to carry the original hardcopy of any of your photo identity proof.
Ques. Do I need to validate something in the downloaded TSICET 2019 admit card?
Ans. Yes, you need to validate that all your particulars in the TSICET 2019 admit card are correct.
Ques. What should I do if I find errors in my TSICET 2019 admit card?
Ans. You need to immediately contact the officials of TSICET 2019 to get those corrected and issued a new admit card.
Ques. What will be the mode of the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. Starting 2019, the TSICET 2019 exam will be conducted in the online mode only.
Ques. What are the official dates of the TSICET 2019 exam?
Ans. The TSICET 2019 exam will be conducted on May 23 and 24, 2019.
Ques. When will be the result of TSICET 2019 exam released?
Ans. The result of the TSICET 2019 exam will be released on June 06, 2019.
Ques. What are the restricted items for the TSICET 2019 examination hall?
Ans. Mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, any other electronic items, and sharp objects are not allowed inside the TSICET examination hall.
Ques. How should I submit the Application Form of TSICET?
Ans. For TSICET 2019, the application form cannot be bought at designated centers and has to be submitted ONLY through ONLINE mode.
Ques. What are the various modes of payment of Registration fees?
Ans. There are two modes of payment. The first mode is through TS Online / AP Online / e-Seva / Mee Seva centers and the other mode is through Debit Card / Credit Card/Net Banking. The locations of TSOnline / APOnline / eSeva / Mee Seva centers are given on the official website.
Ques. How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the Online Application Form?
Ans. On successful submission of the Online Application Form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled In Online Application Form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with the Registration number and the Barcode will be displayed instantly.
Ques. Should I upload any certificates at the time of registration?
Ans. No, you do not have to upload any certificates at the time of registration.
Ques. After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
Ans. No, after submission of the ONLINE application form, a “Filled In Application Form” is generated. The candidate should take a print of the application form and hence, cannot modify the data. Therefore, the candidates are highly expected to be extra careful while filling the ONLINE application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TSICET-2019 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Ques. I did some mistake in filling the details in Online Application. How can I change
Ans. Candidates are expected to be extra careful while filling TSICET application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TSICET-2019 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. What if I don’t have an Email-id?
Ans. Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable as you might be intimated important information about TSICET-2019 from time to time to the given e-mail id.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College