Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Jan/July 2021 session assignments for all the programs have been released on March 17, 2021. The assignments have been released online at the official website: ignou.ac.in. IGNOU has extended the date for assignment submission, candidates can submit their assignments till April 30, 2021. Earlier the deadline was March 31, 2021.
IGNOU follows a multi-tier system of evaluation including Assignments, Term End Examination, Project or Practical examination. Every IGNOU candidate has to write and submit their assignments to the study centre before the due date. If anyone fails to do so then he/she cannot attend the Term End Exam conducted by IGNOU in the month of June and December.
Read the complete article to know the details on IGNOU assignment 2021 status, assignment submission dates, step to submit the assignment and more.
IGNOU Assignment 2021: Important Dates
|IGNOU Jan/July Session 2021 Assignment||March 17, 2021 (Released)|
|Updation of IGNOU Assignment 2021 Status||20-25 days after submission|
|IGNOU Jan/July 2021 Assignment Link||Check Here|
How to Download IGNOU Assignment 2021?
The students can download the assignment papers by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university at ignou.ac.in.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Student Support’ option, then click on ‘Student Zone’.
Step 3: Click on the option ‘Assignments’ and you will be redirected to the question papers.
Step 4: Select your respective course and download the assignment papers.
Is it Compulsory to Submit IGNOU Assignment 2021?
Assignments carry a total number of 30% marks in the overall percentage of a candidate, thus, it is compulsory for every student to submit the assignments within the stipulated time. It will increase one’s performance report on the grade card. Without assignments, the course is incomplete and one must necessarily submit it. The students must score at least 40% marks to pass and thereafter for filling the exam form to appear in the Term End Examination (TEE).
Guidelines for Writing IGNOU Assignments
Assignments constitute the continuous evaluation component of a course. They can be done in your home or workplace or library or any other place you think has the right environment.
- It is important to write the answers in your own words. The university follows a strict “No Plagiarism” policy and it will not accept the assignments if plagiarised.
- The study material provided to you is the best source to refer for writing answers.
- The answers should be precise, well documented and relevant to the question. A reasonably adequate response can be presented within the required word limit.
- Whenever you receive a set of assignments, check them immediately. If there are some missing or blank pages, contact your concerned Regional Director.
- For your own record, retain a copy of all the answers to the assignments you submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. It will help you in the future to prepare for Term End Examinations.
How to Submit IGNOU Assignment 2021 Online?
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent country-wide lockdown, IGNOU had instructed students to submit their term-end assignments online. However, the university is yet to notify regarding the mode of submission of July 2021 session assignments. The university had earlier, released an official notice that was required to be followed while submitting online assignment:
- E-mail the scanned copy of your handwritten solved assignments to the respective RC e-mail.
- Along with the answers, a scanned copy of the ID card and assignment question paper must also be sent.
- The assignment file should be in PDF Format and names in a unique format of ‘Enrollment Number and Course Code’. For e.g – Enrollment number 2001218920 submitting MS01 assignment. Then, the file name given to PDF should be like 2001218920MS01.
- Submit the online assignment along with the below-mentioned information
- Enrollment Number
- Course Code
- Study Centre Name/Code
- Contact Details
How to Submit IGNOU Assignment 2021 in Offline Mode?
Students are required to visit their respective Study or Regional Centers to submit the assignments for their respective courses. It is necessary to submit the assignments before filling the Term End Examination form. Go through the following points to know more about the submission process for assignments:
- Write your Enrollment Number, Name, Full Address, Signature, and Date on the top of the first page of your response sheet. It must look like this -
- Read the assignments carefully and follow the instructions, if any, given along with the questions.
- Go through the units on which the assignments are based. Note the important points related to the questions and rearrange them in a logical order and write a rough outline for your answer.
- Use A4 size paper for writing your responses and tie all the pages carefully. Allow a margin on the left side and a few lines in between each answer. This will help the evaluator to write comments on the margin.
- Do not print or type the answers and write the responses to assignments in your own handwriting.
- You must answer each question separately on a separate set of papers. Write the question number carefully before answering.
- The completed assignment must be submitted at the address communicated to you by the Regional Center or your program coordinator.
- After submitting the assignment, get the duly signed acknowledgement slip from the Coordinator.
IGNOU Assignment 2021: Important Points for Submission
- It is compulsory to submit the IGNOU Assignment 2021 before the term-end examinations.
- Keep a copy of the IGNOU assignment response for future references.
- Candidates need to submit the assignments as per the deadline mentioned on the assignment.
- University takes some time in updating the status for assignments. Candidates are advised not to worry if their status shows ‘not found’ or ‘not submitted’ for some time.
How to Get Good Marks in IGNOU Assignment 2021?
We have marked a few tips for the students so that they can get good marks in their assignments:
- Don’t write too big answers.
- Always end your answer with a logical conclusion.
- Your handwriting should be clear.
- Keep the first page of your assignment Simple.
- Don’t use colour sheets for the assignment.
- Draw diagrams with the help of pencils.
How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status 2021?
Students can check the status of their assignments once submitted at their regional/study centres on the official website of IGNOU. To check the status, the student must visit the official link (admission.ignou.ac.in). You will find this screen.
Enter your enrollment number and select the program code. Once done, you will find the list of all the assignments submitted to date. Candidates will find the following details mentioned on IGNOU Assignment 2021 status:
- Enrollment Number
- Program Name
- Code of the courses
- Status of the Assignments
- Date of submission of assignments
Ques. What is the minimum marks required to pass the assignments?
Ques. Is it compulsory to submit the IGNOU assignment 2021?
Ques. Where can I find the assignment marks on the IGNOU grade card 2021?
Ques. What will the IGNOU assignment 2021, status show?
Ques. How much weightage is given to IGNOU assignments in the computation of final grade?
Ques. What to do if my IGNOU assignment status 2021 is not yet updated?