Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is different from the conventional universities of India. It follows a multi-tier system of evaluation including Assignments, Term End Examination, Project or Practical examination. Read the complete article to know the details on IGNOU 2020 assignment status, assignment submission dates, step to submit the assignment and more. Every IGNOU candidates have to write and submit their assignments to the study center before the due date. If anyone fails to do so then he/she cannot attend the Term End Exam conducted by IGNOU in the month of June and December.
Is it compulsory to submit IGNOU assignment?
Assignments carry a total number of 30% marks in the overall percentage of a candidate, thus, it is compulsory for every student to submit the assignments within the stipulated time. It will increase one’s performance report on the grade card. Without assignments, the course is incomplete and one must necessarily submit it. The students must score at least 40% marks to pass and thereafter for filling the exam form to appear in the Term End Examination (TEE).
IGNOU Assignment Important Dates
|IGNOU Assignment Submission Last Date||April 30, 2020|
|Updation of assignment status||20-25 days after submission|
|Term End Examinations||June 1-27, 2020|
How to check IGNOU Assignment Status 2020?
Students can check the status of their assignments once submitted at their regional/study centers on the official website of IGNOU. To check the status, the student must visit the official link (admission.ignou.ac.in). You will find this screen.
Enter your enrollment number and select the program code. Once done, you will find the list of all the assignments submitted to date. Candidates will find the following details mentioned on the assignment status of IGNOU 2020.
- Enrollment Number
- Program Name
- Code of the courses
- Status of the Assignments
- Date of submission of assignments
How to download IGNOU Assignment 2020?
The students can download the assignment papers by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university at ignou.ac.in.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Student Support’ option, then click on ‘Student Zone’.
Step 3: Click on the option ‘Assignments’ and you will be redirected to the question papers.
Step 4: Select your respective course and download the assignment papers.
Guidelines before writing the Assignments
Assignments constitute the continuous evaluation component of a course. They can be done in your home or workplace or library or any other place you think has the right environment.
- It is important to write the answers in your own words. The university follows a strict “No Plagiarism” policy and it will not accept the assignments if plagiarised.
- The study material provided to you is the best source to refer to write your answers.
- The answers should be precise, well documented and relevant to the question. A reasonably adequate response can be presented within the required word limit.
- Whenever you receive a set of assignments, check them immediately. If there are some missing or blank pages, contact your concerned Regional Director.
- For your own record, retain a copy of all the answers to the assignments you submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. It will help you in the future to prepare for Term End Examinations.
Check Out IGNOU Results
How to submit IGNOU Assignments 2020?
Students are required to visit their respective Study or Regional Centers to submit the assignments for their respective courses. It is necessary to submit the assignments before filling the Term End Examination form. Go through the following points to know more about the submission process for assignments:
- Write your Enrollment Number, Name, Full Address, Signature, and Date on the top of the first page of your response sheet. It must look like this -
- Read the assignments carefully and follow the instructions, if any, given along with the questions.
- Go through the units on which the assignments are based. Note the important points related to the questions and rearrange them in a logical order and write a rough outline for your answer.
- Use A4 size paper for writing your responses and tie all the pages carefully. Allow a margin on the left side and a few lines in between each answer. This will help the evaluator to write comments on the margin.
- Do not print or type the answers and write the responses to assignments in your own handwriting.
- You must answer each question separately on a separate set of papers. Write the question number carefully before answering.
- The completed assignment must be submitted at the address communicated to you by the Regional Center or your program coordinator.
- After submitting the assignment, get the duly signed acknowledgment slip from the Coordinator.