Updated On - February 14th 2019
NIT Surat Admission 2019: Courses, Placements, Result, Cut Off, Fees
The National Institute of Technology, commonly referred to as Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is one of the 30 NITs in the country. The admission procedure of the institute for the undergraduate programmes follows similar guidelines as other NITs.
Offering courses at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in Engineering and Technology, Science, Humanities and Management, NIT Surat is ranked as the 2nd best of all the NITs in the country. The admissions to these programmes is on the basis of academic performance of the candidate in national level qualifying examinations.
Key Points regarding Admission:
- The undergraduate programmes are of 4 years Bachelors in Technology, 5-year integrated M.Sc programmes. The integrated 5 year M.Sc programmes can also be extended to a period of 7 years.
- The reservation policy followed by the Institute is as per the declaration made by the Supreme Court of India. According to the declaration, there is a reservation of 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBCs), 15% for Scheduled Castes (SCs), and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (STs). .
- While the admissions to the undergraduate programmes and five-year integrated M.Sc programmes is based upon the students’ performance in the All India Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Entrance Examination (JEE Main). For the admissions to the post – graduate admissions, a notification is issued on an All-India basis.
- Applicants seeking out admissions in the postgraduate programmes must have secured an average minimum of 60% marks in or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average in the graduation degree course (B.E./B.Tech). There is a 5 percent of relaxation granted to SC/ST students.
- For doctoral programmes, the applicants are required to hold a Master’s degree. The Ph.D programmes enroll students on a Full – time and Part – time basis. The final selection of an applicant to a Ph.D. programme entirely depends upon his/her performance in the personal interview and written test as decided by the selecting committee
- There is separate scheme known as Direct Admission for Students Abroad (DASA) also admits non-resident Indians whereas there are scholarship programmes for foreign students, awarded by the Government of India
NIT Surat Important Dates 2019
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|JEE Main||December 1, 2017||January 1, 2019||April 8, 2019 (Offline) & April 15 – 16, 2019 (Online)|
|GATE||September 05, 2019||October 09, 2019||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019|
NIT Surat B.Tech Admissions 2019
For undergraduate programmes of a duration of four years, across all branches will consider the JEE (Main) results as the major part of the eligibility criteria of a candidate. While the weightage of JEE (Main) accounts for 60%, the average minimum marks secured by him/her in the senior secondary school or an examination of an equivalent value, is given a weightage of 40%. The results of the senior secondary school are considered valid for evaluation only after the process of Normalization of marks.
- The admission procedure for undergraduate programmes will be conducted in coordination with Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in NITs and other reputed institutes if engineering. Candidates should check their website for further detail and updates. There is a joint counseling process once the results are published and hence, the seat allocation is a centralized procedure.
- For reference, the institute website has also listed detail about the Closing All India Category Ranks for different branches (Electronics, Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Chemical) both in Other State Quota and Home State Quota.
|Chemical Engineering||Candidate must have a valid JEE (Main) Score. He/She also need to have completed senior secondary school or an examination of equivalent value.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
NIT Surat M.Sc Admissions 2019
The Integrated M.Sc programmes of five years. The student intake is 30.
- These courses will consider JEE (Main) results as well as the senior secondary school results as the eligibility criteria for admission. The weightage for the JEE (Main) results will be 60% and the senior secondary school results as 40%.
- He/She is required to download Institute brochure from the Institute website. A Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- for GEN/OBC and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST is to be drawn in favour of The Director, Sardar
- Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat. The Demand Draft and the application form is to be sent To Chairman, Admission committee, Department of Applied Mathematics & Humanities, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Ichchanath, Surat-395007. (Gujarat) Surat.
- M.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Maths programmes are extendable up to 7 years.
- Merit Lists will be uploaded on the Institute website once the admission process has been completed.
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in the JEE Main examination which will be evaluated an eligibility criteria.
If there are vacant seats available, the Institute will conduct its own Entrance Examination.
The Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology (DST) India offer multiple scholarships for promoting higher education. Some of these, of which students can avail benefit are Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) and Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVPY).
NIT Surat M.Tech Admissions 2019
The Institute offers 15 M.Tech programmes approved by AICTE. The intake of students to these programmes is 25. The Full -Time M.Tech programmes are offered in three categories – with GATE score, Non-GATE score and Sponsored.
- Candidate should download the application form from the Institute website, fill in the required details and should send the form to ‘ The Registrar, SVNIT Surat, Ichchhanath, Surat-395007’. The submission of application form is strictly OFFLINE.
- Candidate is required to pay a non-refundable application fee of an amount of Rs. 1000/- (Gen/OBC) and Rs. 500/- (SC/ST). This payment is to be made via crossed Demand Draft in favour of “The Director, SVNIT, Surat” payable at Surat.
- As per the notification by the concerned departments, he/she must report on the Counseling date along with the necessary documents such as educational qualification certificates, work experience certificate, birth certificate and sponsorship certificate. These documents are mandatory to present during Counseling. In case of failure to produce any of the required documents, the admission will be cancelled.
- For applicant seeking admission in M.tech by Research, he/she must contact PG Incharge of the concerned department for registration purpose.
|Applied Mechanics Department (a) Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering (b) Structural Engineering|
Candidate must hold a B.Tech or B.E in the respective or related branch with an average minimum of 55% marks in all 8 semesters (CGPA 6.0) Candidate is required to have a working experience of 5 years’ post-graduation. For Institute Staff of Research Project, the required working experience is 2 years. At the time of counseling, he/she must carry a valid identity proof. Candidates willing to opt for admission in M.Tech (Research) must be: He/She is sponsored by Government / Semi-Government organizations.
- He/She is a Sponsored candidate.
- He/She is a Institute Faculty Member, Staff Member & Project Staff of the Institute.
- He/She is Faculty Member, Staff Member & Project Staff of the any other Institute approved by AICTE /UGC.
- He/She is an External candidate from any private / public sector organization or research laboratory / organization. At the time of admission, candidate must submit No Objection Certificates provided by their employers, failing which, the admission process will not be proceeded any further.
|Chemical Engineering Department
- Chemical Engineering
|Civil Engineering Department (a) Environmental Engineering (b) Urban Planning (c) Transportation Engineering and Planning (d) Water Resource Engineering|
|Computer Engineering Department
- Computer Engineering
|Electrical Engineering Department (a) P o w e r Electronics and Electrical Drives (b) Power System|
|Electronics Engineering Department (a) Communication Systems (b) VLSI and Embedded System|
|Mechanical Engineering Department (a) CAD / CAM (b) Mechanical Engineering (c) Thermal Systems Design (d) Turbo Machines (f) Manufacturing Engineering|
NIT Surat Ph.D Admissions 2019
The doctoral programmers in all the branches exempt students belonging to SC/ST from tuition fee.
- During synopsis submission, the students are required to pay an amount of Rs 3000/- as examination fee and Rs 2000/- as convocation fee. The notification for the mode of fee payment is issued separately.
- The candidates who are being offered Doctoral programmes at the Institute, are required to collect Initial Registration Forms and Tuition Fees Form and admission number from Ph. D. Desk, Academic Section, Administrative.
- At the Administrative Building (Northern End), he/she should pay fees at the Fee Counter, Accounts Section.
- Subsequently, the candidate is required to contact the concerned department and reach out to their Research Supervisor (S) in the department to fill up the initial registration forms (4 copies are mandatory)
- For department registration, he/she must contact PhD Coordinator of the respective department.
- At the Ph. D. Desk, Academic section , Administrative Building (Ground Floor), he/she must submit one copy of the initial registration form to supervisor and department each while keeping one copy for his/her reference.
- In case of accommodation required, he/she must report to Hostel Office, Opp. Administrative Building to complete the necessary formalities for hostel admission.
- For Ph.D programmes, applicants can download and apply for admission all round the year. The admission forms will be processed for Spring and Autumn semesters in a year.
- The interview notification is issued separately on the institute website.
|Applied Mathematics & Humanities Department (Mathematics, Management & English)||Candidate must hold postgraduate degree in their respective or related area with an average minimum of 50% (CGPA -5.5). He/She must have secured 55% of average minimum marks if the postgraduation is pursued in the field related to Humanities and Sciences. If a candidate is pursuing M.Tech at the Institute and in interested in moving to Ph.D, he/she may do so only at the starting of second year if:
If a candidate has performed exceptionally well during their graduation and have secured a CGPA of 9.0 and above, he/she can be considered for direct enrolment into Ph.D programmes, if:
- Candidate has secured a CGPA of 9.0 or above for the course work of full credits in the first and second semester.
- Once the candidate successfully moves to Ph.D, he/she will have to follow the regulations of issued by that programme.
- The course credit system should be similar in the Ph.D programme to the one followed in their postgraduation.
- Candidate must have an outstanding Valid GATE score and must be a top 10% scorer in his/her respective area.
- Such a candidate will be enrolled as a full – time research scholar with a duration of minimum 4 years.
|Applied Mechanics (Structural Engineering & Geotechnical Engineering).|
NIT Surat Application Process
- The application process for the Institute is to be completed in an Offline mode. Candidates are to download application forms through the Institute website
- The application forms are to be duly filled in with the necessary details and posted to the concerned departments addressed to : ‘ The Registrar, SVNIT, Ichchhanath, Surat - 395 007 ’
- Candidates are also required to submit the application fee of Rs.1000/- for Gen/OBC and Rs.500/- for SC/ST. This application fee is to be paid via Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Director, SVNIT Surat” payable at Surat.
- A list of required documents are listed in the brochure, of which, Xerox copies are to be attached along with the application form while sending it to the Institute. He/she should produce the original documents at the time of counseling. If the candidate fails to produce the originals, the admission process will not be processed further and the candidate will not be interviewed. Additionally, the candidate must understand that in these circumstances, the application fee will not be refunded.
- The list of eligible candidates will be displayed on the Institute website. Students are required to follow the website for updates and notifications.
- The notification for counseling and interviews will also be intimidated on the Institute website once the formalities related to the application forms is completed.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College