Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality and Tourism is a 3-Year undergraduate degree course. It is a full-time dual specialization programme for both hospitality and tourism aspirants.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism spans over 6 semesters inclusive of an internship in the sixth semester.
The minimum eligibility to apply for BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is 10+2 level of schooling or any equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized board.
Admission to BBA in Hospitality and Tourism in various colleges and universities is based on entrance exams except for a few colleges/universities that offer direct admission on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination, often followed by personal interview.
Read more: BBA Admission Process 2021
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is offered in various government and private institutes. The average fees for the course ranges between INR 60,000 and INR 5,00,000 in various colleges and universities.
See More: BBA or BCom
BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) offers a wide variety of career options and job prospects. Graduates from this field have numerous job prospects in International business, market research, retail, tourism, hospitality, healthcare, Aviation industry, Travel and Tour Business, Event Management and many other areas in public and private sectors.
The average placement package that is offered to graduates of BBA in Hospitality and Tourism ranges between INR 2 to 6 LPA. However, that totally depends on the profile of the candidate.
The students willing to go for higher studies after BBA in Hospitality and Tourism can opt for MBA Course in the same specialization as that would boost their chances for higher placement and job opportunities.
Know More: BBA Courses in India
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality and Tourism|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream, preferably Commerce with a minimum of 40-50% marks in aggregate|
|Admission process||Merit-based often followed by Personal Interview/ Entrance exam and Counselling process|
|Average Course fee||INR 60,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Sectors||Hotels & resorts, Aviation industry, Cruise Ships, Hospital administration, Institutional management, Travel and Tour Business, Logistics & Supply chain, Event Management, Other tourism and service industry (Banks, Call Centers, Telecom Industry etc.)|
|Job Positions||Travel Coordinator, Guest Service Coordinator, Sales Reservation Agent, Event Manager, Cabin Crew, Guest Service Officer, Executive Trainee, Hotel Operation Trainee, Executive Search Consultant, Sales Coordinator, Materials Executive, Operation Executive, Reservations Manager, Housekeeping Attendant, Travel writer, Meet & Greet Officer, Conference Assistant, Event Assistant, Coordinator/ Manager|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Admission Process
The basic application process for both merit and entrance based admissions is as follows:
- Registration Process: The candidate needs to register for the admission in the stipulated dates announced by the institute by providing e-mail id and phone number.
- Filling Up the Application Form: After successful registration, one needs to fill the application form for the course giving out the personal, academic, reservation and other asked details carefully.
- Upload/Submit Documents: Once the form is filled, the candidate needs to submit/upload the relevant documents in the prescribed format as asked by the specific institute.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the application fee for the Courses that varies across the colleges either by Online or Offline payment methods.
- Admit Card and Examination (For entrance-based): The admit card would be released days before the entrance exam. Download the admit card and prepare well for the exam. Reach the venue of the exam on time and attempt the exam.
- Merit List/Cut-off/Results: For merit-based admissions, the institutes would release a cut-off/merit list, based on which the candidates can apply for the admission. The institutes conducting entrance for the course would release the results and the qualified candidates can move for next rounds.
- Counselling/Admission Formalities: Once the candidate is allotted a seat or has the desired cut-off or is selected for the course, he/she must complete the admission formalities by reporting physically at the college.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for admission to the BBA course in Hospitality and Tourism at any University/college must have the basic eligibility requirements asked by the institute.
- The candidate must have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination or equivalent qualification from any of the recognized boards.
- Students from any stream can opt for the course with at least 40-50% marks in aggregate.
- There is a relaxation in the qualifying aggregate score for the reserved categories in most of the institutes.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Entrance Exams
The admission criteria for BBA in Hospitality and Tourism varies across the institutes. Some of them offer admission directly on the basis of merit in Class XII whereas there are some institution-specific entrance exams for admission in some colleges. Some of the colleges offering BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) through an entrance test are given below:
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab: The university conducts LPUNEST, for admission to the course. It is an Online examination with a duration of 2.5 hours. It is usually held in the month of February or March.
- Tilak Maharastra Vidyapeeth, Maharashtra CET
- Singhania University, Rajasthan CET
|Exam||Date of application||Examination date||Mode of examination|
|LPUNEST 2021||1 February 2021 onwards||20 March 2021- 21 April 2021||Computer Based Test|
|MCET 2021||To be announced||To be announced||Offline mode|
Read More: BBA Entrance Exams In India
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: How to get admission in Good BBA in Hospitality and Tourism College?
In order to get admission in a good or top-ranked BBA college, one should keep the following points in mind:
- Search about the top colleges offering the course based on their rank, placement opportunities and course fee.
- Always keep a few back-up options in order of your preference.
- Most of the colleges offer admission to the course on the basis of the score in the entrance exam. Hence, prepare well for the exam and give your best in the exam. Time management is the key to score well.
- Focus on your personality and verbal communication to impress the officials at the time of interview. Be confident yet polite and voice out your opinion with confidence.
- Keep a check on the dates and deadlines of the admission procedure of the college in order to not miss any update.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: What is it about?
The details and information regarding BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is as follows:
- BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is a dual specialization programme for both hospitality and tourism aspirants. It aims to develop an overall understanding of the dynamics of the tourism and hospitality sector with a reference to its background, modern practices and future prospects.
- The course mainly deals with the skills and knowledge to adopt essential roles within the leisure industry, hotels, resorts, travel and tourism, airlines, cruise lines, banks, event management and other service sectors.
- BBA in Hospitality and Tourism develops an understanding of the concept of tourism system and hospitality business, plan and organize events, itineraries and perform tourism and hospitality operations.
- Graduates from this field have numerous job prospects in public and private sectors. Also they can go for higher education to boost their profile such as Master of Tourism Administration (MTA), Master of Business Administration in Hospitality & Tourism Management, etc.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Why study BBA in Hospitality and Tourism?
It totally depends on a student whether to study BBA in Hospitality and Tourism or not. However, some of the reasons that makes this courses a good option are as follows:
- Booming Sector: Hospitality and Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. Presently it is the largest contributor to the world economy. Due to the huge market potential, hospitality and tourism has become one of the top career choices made by students in India.
- Vast Career Opportunities: The successful graduates have a plethora of job opportunities in various fields such as Tourism Department, Airlines, Hotels, marketing management, retail, tourism, hospitality, healthcare, Tour operators, Meeting & Events Personnel, etc.
- Decent Starting Salary: The graduates from BBA in Hospitality and Tourism are offered a decent placement or salary package that usually ranges between INR 2-6 LPA which is quite a decent placement package for fresh graduates.
- Higher Education Opportunities: The graduates can opt for higher education to boost their profile and widen their career opportunities. They can opt for courses such as Master of Tourism Administration (MTA), Master of Business Administration in Hospitality & Tourism Management, etc.
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Top Colleges with Fees
Some of the top institutes offering BBA in Hospitality and Tourism are as follows:
|Name of the College/University||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees|
|ICFAI University, Mizoram||Merit & Interview||NR 54,000|
|Himalayan Garhwal University, Uttarakhand||Merit - Based||INR 30,000|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU), Punjab||LPUNEST||INR 1,60,000|
|Manipal University, Jaipur||Merit & Interview||INR 1,31,300|
|JECRC University, Jaipur||Merit - Based||INR 1,10,000|
|Kaziranga University, Assam||Merit - Based||INR 70,000|
|Tilak Maharastra Vidyapeeth, Maharashtra||Entrance-Based||INR 33,000|
|RIMT University, Punjab||Merit - Based||INR 60,000|
|Singhania University, Rajasthan||Entrance-Based||INR 20,000|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: College Comparison
Below is the college comparison of some of the top colleges offering BBA in Hospitality and Tourism program in terms of several parameters like average fee, India Today Ranking 2020, college overview, admission process, top recruiter, and many others.
|Parameter||ICFAI University||Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Manipal University|
|Objective||ICFAI University offers various courses in both regular and distance-learning programs. It is one of the top Private universities in India.||LPU is the largest single-campus university in India. It is the best Private university in Punjab and is one of the top-ranked universities in almost all spheres.||Manipal University is among the list of top universities in Rajasthan offering diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and PHD courses.|
|Location||Agartala, Tripura||Jalandhar, Punjab||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||25||49||-|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 54,000||INR 1,60,000||INR 1,31,300|
|Average Placement Offer||INR 6,60,000||INR 4,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Distance education
Apart from the regular BBA course, a large number of students opt for the course through distance education mode. It helps them to balance work opportunities and studies together. The minimum course duration from distance mode is 3 years and the maximum duration to complete the course is 6 years.
One must have qualified 10+2 level of schooling or any equivalent qualification in any stream in order to be eligible for admission to the course. Admission to the course in distance-education mode is done on the basis of merit. BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) course fee from distance mode ranges between INR 3000 and INR 10,000.
Some of the top colleges offering the program in distance-mode along with their annual fees are tabulated below:
|Name of College/University||Average Annual Fees||Duration|
|Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU), Chennai||INR 3,300||3 Years|
|The University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education, Chennai||INR 6,270||3 Years|
|Madurai Kamaraj University, Directorate of Distance Education, Madura||INR 2,500||3 Years|
|ICFAI University, Directorate of Distance Education, Agartala||INR 11,333||3 Years|
There are numerous job prospects or career opportunities for candidates who have done the course through distance-mode. Though candidates with Regular BBA degrees are preferred everywhere, there are many options available for correspondence students.The average salary or job package that can be expected by the successful graduates ranges between INR 2 to 5 LPA.
Read more: BBA Distance Education
What is the BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Syllabus?
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is a 3-year course which is divided into six semesters. The syllabus of the BBA course in Hospitality and Tourism is almost the same in most of the colleges. A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below:
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Business Organization||Organizational Behaviour|
|Fundamentals Of Travel & Tourism||Business Economics - I|
|Business Mathematics||Business Statistics|
|Business Accounting||Iata Travel & Tourism|
|Business Communication - I||Business Communication-II|
|Business Computing||Fundamentals Of Hospitality Management|
|Principles of Management and Organization Behaviour||India Cultural Heritage : Tourism Perspective|
|Science of Tourism||Environmental Science|
|Destination Mapping (India)||Destination Mapping (World)|
|Managerial Economics||Human Resource Management|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Marketing Management||Business Communication - II|
|Research Methodology & Report Writing||Business Law|
|Foreign Language||Marketing Communication|
|Financial Management||Consumer Behaviour & Market Research|
|Business Economics - II||Travel Agency & Tour Operation|
|Human Resource Management||Tour Operation|
|Marketing Innovations, Tourism and Hospitality||Front Office Management|
|Adventure and Wildlife Tourism||Research Methodology in Tourism|
|Personality Development & Presentation Skills||Services Marketing|
|Tourism Impacts||Safety and Hygiene|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Essentials Of Strategic Management||Marketing Of Airlines & Cruise|
|Customer Relationship Management||Marketing Of Hotels, Resorts & Tours|
|International Tourism||Entrepreneurship And Venture Management|
|Food And Beverage Management||Adventure Tourism|
|Dissertation - I||Dissertation - II|
|Summer Internship||Environmental Tourism|
|Business Ethics and Values||International Marketing|
|Strategic Management in Tourism and Hospitality||Entrepreneurship Development in Tourism|
|Tourism Trends & Issues (Domestic & International)||Tourism Laws|
|Tour Operations and Product Development Management||Business Environment|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Course Comparison
The course comparison between BBA in Hospitality and Tourism and BBA in Tourism and Travel Management is tabulated below:
|Parameters||BBA (Hospitality and Tourism)||BBA (Tourism and Travel Management)|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Focus Area||It is a dual specialization programme that aims to develop an overall understanding of the dynamics of the tourism and hospitality sector with a reference to its background, modern practices and future prospects||This course is specialized only in one field and focuses on Travel Management, Tourism Development, Environment and Tourism, Intercultural communication, etc.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream, preferably Commerce with a minimum of 40-50% marks in aggregate||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream, preferably Commerce with a minimum of 40-50% marks in aggregate|
|Average Course Fees||INR 60,000 to INR 6,00,000||INR 1.00,000 to INR 2,55,000|
|Job Options||Travel Coordinator, Guest Service Coordinator, Sales Reservation Agent, Event Manager, Cabin Crew, Guest Service Officer, Executive Trainee, Hotel Operation Trainee||Tour Operator, Tour Operation Manager, transport Officer, Travel Executive, Travel Agent, Information Assistant, Visa Executive|
|Areas of Employment||Hotels & resorts, Aviation industry, Cruise Ships, Hospital administration, Institutional management, Travel and Tour Business, Logistics & Supply chain, Event Management||Railways, Tour Operators, Travel Agencies, Immigration and Customs Services, Transportation and Cargo Companies|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to INR 15,00,000|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Job Profiles
BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) offers a wide variety of career options and job prospects. Some of the job profiles for BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) graduates are Travel Coordinator, Guest Service Coordinator, Sales Reservation Agent, Event Manager, Cabin Crew, Guest Service Officer, Front Desk Officer, Counter Sale Executive, Housekeeping Executive, Food and Beverages Service Manager, Travel Desk Manager, etc.
Graduates from this field have numerous job prospects in International business, market research, retail, tourism, hospitality, healthcare, Aviation industry, Travel and Tour Business, Event Management and many other areas in public and private sectors.
Some of the most popular and common job profiles that a BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) student can opt for along with job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Travel Coordinator||Travel coordinator makes travel arrangements for people, groups and organizations and coordinates, supervises and implements every aspect of travel arrangements including scheduling flights and ground transportation, booking accommodations and handling any other trip-related tasks.||INR 8, 60,000|
|Guest Service Executive||They greet guests on arrival, assign them rooms and suites, issue keys, and collect payment information. Guest Service Executives coordinate housekeeping, porters, transport providers and kitchen staff to meet guest requirements.||INR 2,50,000|
|Front Desk Officer||The Front Desk Officer undertakes all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance, Answer questions and address complaints, Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary, etc.||INR 1,90,000|
|Housekeeping Manager||Housekeeping Managers work for the comfort of guests in hotels, resorts, lodges, and inns and have overall responsibility for cleaning rooms, laundering bed linen and maintaining furnishings and ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented.||INR 7, 30,000|
|Food and Beverages Service Manager||The work involves planning, forecasting and executing food and beverage orders, processing customer complaints patiently, and alternative recipes for customers with special dietary needs in various hotels, resorts, lodges, and inns.||INR 5,39,000|
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Salary Trends
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Future Scope
The graduates of BBA in Hospitality and Tourism get decent placement offers or job opportunities, however, they can opt for higher education to boost their profile and widen their career opportunities.
See Also: BBA Scope
They can opt for courses such as Master of Tourism Administration (MTA), Master of Business Administration in Hospitality & Tourism Management, etc. The courses are described in brief below:
- Master of Business Administration in Hospitality & Tourism Management: If the student wishes to continue in the same field of education, he/she can opt for this course. It is a two-year program that involves how to impose that gained knowledge to the field of management and hospitality and increases the chances of higher placements.
- Master of Tourism Administration (MTA): In order to specialise in Tourism management and administration and if one is looking for job placements in tourism sector, then one can opt for this course. It is a two-year postgraduate degree that aims to provide in-depth knowledge, information, techniques and the activities associated with Tourism Administration and Management.
- Competitive Examinations: If one wants to change his/her field of education, then he/she can go for various competitive exams for Government jobs and civil services.
Check BBA Scope in Govt Sector
BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: FAQs
Ques. What is the basic idea behind the BBA course in Hospitality and Tourism?
Ques. What is the selection criteria for admission in BBA (Hospitality and Tourism)?
Ques. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for the BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) course?
Ques. What are some of the top Job profiles for a BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) Graduate?
Ques. Which PG course is the best to do after BBA in Hospitality and Tourism?
Ques. What are some of the top rated colleges for BBA (Hospitality and Tourism)?
Ques. Why should I opt for a BBA in Hospitality and Tourism?
Ques. What is the average course fee for BBA in Hospitality and Tourism in Indian colleges/Universities?