BBA in Sales and Marketing is a graduation course, its duration is three years. it has been divided into 6 semesters (one semester consists of 6 months). BBA in Sales and Marketing programs provide students with a foundational education in business and management principles, with coursework in Marketing, Economics, Market research and analysis, Customer service, Communications, Sales.
Read more: BBA Courses in India
This course helps to prepare students at the undergraduate level by guiding them in professions such as teaching, media, and industry. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in a science stream with 55% of aggregate marks from a recognized board or institute are eligible for this course. The average fee of a BA (Sales and Marketing) course is 5,00,000 to 1 lakhs. After completing this program graduates can pursue a master’s degree in Sales and Marketing or they can do a job as a teacher, content writer, journalist, or public administrator.
Read more: Top BBA Colleges in India
BBA Sales and Marketing: Course Highlights
Some of the highlights of the BBA Sales and Marketing course are mentioned below:
|Full-Form||Bachelors of Business Administration|
|Eligibility||Must have passed 12th standard in a science stream with 55% of aggregate marks from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Merit/ Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 1,00,000-7,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000- 20,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Yamaha Motor, Cisco, Asian Heart Institute, Zycus|
|Job Positions||Sales specialist, Assistant manager, Planning Executive, Marketing Executive, Business development manager|
|Recruiting Areas||Academic institutions, Automobiles Retail sectors, Telecommunication|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants of this course need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. the eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must pass the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50%- 60% of marks, from a central/ state recognized board.
- The candidates must clear the entrance examination (if any), and obtain a score above the college cut-off
BBA Sales and Marketing: Admission Process
Admissions in Bachelor courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
Candidates who are willing to get admission in this stream can apply to BBA Sales and Marketing colleges by both offline and online means.
- You can either reach the official website of the institute or to this step admission office of the institute to fill the admission application form.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
Some of the colleges/ Universities admit their students based on their marks obtained in the 10+2 level examination. Other colleges/ Universities need the students to clear the entrance examination conducted by them, followed by a personal interview. Some of the Entrance Examinations are as follows:
- GATA- Goenka Aptitude Test (GATA)
- SPJET/SAT/ACT- SP Jain Entrance Test/ Scholastic Assessment Test/ American College
- AIMA-UGAT-AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test
- CET- Common Entrance Test
What are the top BBA Sales and Marketing Entrance Exams?
|Exam name||Conducting body||Exam level||Mode of exam|
|GATA- Goenka Aptitude Test (GATA)||GD Goenka University||University level||Online|
|SPJET- SP Jain Entrance Test||SP Jain School of Global Management||University level||Online|
|AIMA-UGAT-AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test||AIMA||National level||Offline|
|CET- Common Entrance Test||NRA||State-level||Offline|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Divide your schedule: Studying without a deadline isn’t something that candidates can afford, therefore they must assign their days to certain topics and finish them within the deadline.
- Keep your resources limited: It is a must for candidates to remain focused and having too many resources will only alleviate the stress. Therefore, they must research well and shortlist some resources for the study plan and stick to it. Remember, Candidates can’t cover everything from everywhere, therefore keep it simple and accurate.
- Revision is the Key: Candidates should not keep revision for the last minute. They should keep revision sessions for regular intervals. They should make some crisp notes for the last minute reading and avoid unnecessary panic before the exam.
Why study BBA Sales and Marketing?
- This course helps students to learn how to use the marketing process, through which the organization plans, can control, analyze and implement programs.
- The students should use these skills to develop and maintain beneficial exchanges with the targeted buyers. They understand the systematic and objective approach to the search and analysis of the solutions for the marketing problems.
- They also get familiarized with the fundamental practices, and strategies of the planning approach, for managing and developing the retail marketing mix.
- BBA in Sales and Marketing includes the principles of advertising from a business-planning framework, it surveys the advertising field from the marketing-advertising- planning framework.
BBA Sales and Marketing: Course Advantages
- The BBA course offers its students an opportunity to have a deep look at all the possibilities to re-design the market processes, to make the strategies that will be environmentally sustainable.
- It discusses the growing concern for the environment among Consumers, Shareholders, Employers, Supply chain members, Media, Non-profit organizations, Stakeholders. This course covers strategies that address Profitability, Product differentiation, Resources used in production, Brand reputation, Pricing, Distribution, Promotional strategy.
- The primary goal of this course is to develop a thorough understanding of a more sustainable model of free-market capitalism.
- It helps them to earn the maximum possible profit by using the current strategies, projects, and case studies, to examine the application of marketing processes in non-profit organizations particularly those addressing social issues relating to the environment, health, and community
BBA Sales and Marketing: Course Comparison
Bachelor of Business Administration is an undergraduate degree in commerce and business administration which allows a student to derive fundamental knowledge of the core concept of business and its applications in the physical world. BBA is known to be a cornerstone for MBA aspirants.
See more: Top MBA Colleges in India
Course comparison between BBA Sales and Marketing and BBA (Human Resource Management) is listed below:
|Course||BBA Sales and Marketing||Bachelors of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 qualified candidates from any recognized Board with 50 - 60% aggregate||10+2 qualified candidates from any recognized Board with 50 - 60% aggregate|
|Admission process||Merit-based or Entrance-based||Direct Admission or Entrance Exam Based|
|Average annual fee||INR 1,000 to 2 lakhs||INR 2,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Average annual salary||INR 2 to 10 lakhs||INR 4,00,000 – INR 10,00,000|
|Colleges||Chitkara university, Amity university, Lovely professional university, etc.||Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi., Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi., Loyola College, Chennai., St. Xaviers College, Mumbai., Institute of Management-Christ University, Bangalore., etc.|
|Job profiles||Sales specialist, Assistant manager, Planning Executive, Marketing Executive, Business development manager||Sales specialist, Assistant manager, Planning Executive, Marketing Executive, Business development manager|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Name of the College/ University||Average Annual Fee|
|Chitkara university||INR 3,00,000|
|Amity university||INR 9,62,000|
|Suryadatta college of management||INR 1,80,000|
|RIMT university||INR 1,41,000|
|Lovely professional university||INR 1,78,000|
BBA Sales and Marketing: College Comparison
College Comparison between Chitkara University, Amity University and LPU is given below:
|Basis||Chitkara University||Amity University||LPU|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 75,000||INR 20,460||INR 2.5 lakhs|
|Average Annual Placement Packages||INR 6.85 lakhs||INR 5 lakhs||INR 6.5 lakhs|
|Top Companies Visited||Yamaha Motor||Cisco||Asian Heart Institute, Zycus|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Tips to get Best College
- To get admission into a good college one needs to ensure that they have scored more than 90% at the Intermediate level.
- Apart from this, most of the institutes provide admission to this course on the basis of entrance examinations, hence preparing well for the entrance exam is a must to do a job for an aspirant to get admission in the best college.
Note: Before shortlisting and selecting colleges finally, they must ensure to check the placement rate of the college, method of course delivery, admission system, and the financial aid offered there.
BBA Sales and Marketing: Syllabus
The BBA (Sales and Marketing course) is a three years course. This has been divided into six semesters. The semester wise syllabus of the course is given in tabulated form below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|MS Office & IT||Principles and Practice of Management|
|Business Economics||Self-Awareness Personality Development|
|Financial Accounting||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Business Mathematics||Business Statistics|
|Indian Business Environment||Creativity and Innovation|
|Semester End Viva||Semester end Viva|
|Outbound Training (OBT)||Yoga|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Indian Heritage & Culture||Soft skills|
|Business Communication||Banking Theory & Practice|
|MS Excel||Organizational Behaviour|
|Human Resource Management||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship||Business Laws|
|Marketing Management||Financial Management|
|Social Project/Rural Project||Semester End Viva-Voce|
|Semester End Viva||Current Business Affairs (CBA)|
|Current Business Affairs (CBA)|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Business Plan Preparation||Financial Aspects of Entrepreneurship|
|Production & Operations Management||E-Commerce|
|Social Entrepreneurship||Business Simulation|
|Family Business Management||Families in Business|
|Consumer Behaviour||Customer Relationship Management|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Advertising and Brand Management|
|Stock Market Operation||Insurance Management|
|Indian Financial System||Income Tax Law & Practice|
|Human Resource Development||Industrial Relations|
|Performance management||Employment Laws|
|Industrial Project Report & Viva-voce||Semester End Viva-Voce|
|Semester End Viva||Current Business Affairs|
|Current Business Affairs (CBA)|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Important Books
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name Of The Book||Author|
|Sales management||C.L. Tyagi, Arun Kumar|
|Principles of Management||Mahajan J.P. & Mahajan Anupama|
|Sales and management||Tapan Panda, Sunil Sahadev|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Job Prospects
Candidates who have completed the BBA course, particularly in Sales and Marketing, are offered jobs that deal with the development of services and products of the business.
The candidates can work for the betterment of the business for which they work, by improving the public relations for a company, they make new and innovative strategies in order to increase sales through useful and creative incentives.
Some of the career options are:
- Sales Specialist
- Market Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Planning Executive
|Job Position||Average Annual Salary|
|Sales specialist||INR 6,00,115|
|Marketing executive||INR 2,47,000|
|Assistant manager||INR 5,81,000|
|Business development manager||INR 5,63,000|
|Planning executive||INR 3,97,000|
BBA Sales and Marketing: Future Scope
The BBA Sales and Marketing graduates can prefer to do jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BBA Sales and Marketing degree are as follows.
- MBA: Students who wish to get into the field of management can opt for PGDM or MBA course. Admissions to such courses are offered through a national level exams. Having a BTech degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many companies offer a handsome amount of salary to the candidates.
- PhD: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a PhD Design Engineering. It is a three to five year duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a MBA Degree in related disciplines.
See Also: Top PhD Colleges in India
BBA Sales and Marketing: FAQs
Ques. Which is the best college in India for the BBA (Sales and Marketing) course?
Ques. What is the duration of the course BBA (Sales and Marketing)?
Ques. Is the BBA (Sales and Marketing)course the same in every college?
Ques. Is there any provision for Distance Education for BBA (Sales and Marketing)?
Ques. Do the aspirants need to sit for any Entrance Examination for getting admission in BBA (Sales and Marketing) course in any college?
Ques. What is the educational qualification required for being eligible for the course BBA (Sales and Marketing)?
Ques. What is the admission Procedure of the BBA (Sales and Marketing) course in colleges?
Ques. What is the average annual fee for the BBA (Sales and Marketing) course?
Ques. What are the job profiles to which I can apply after completing a BBA (Sales and Marketing)?
Ques. What is the average salary I will get after choosing any of the job profiles on completing a BBA (Sales and Marketing)?