BCA, full form Bachelor of Computer Application, is a 3-year UG course that imparts knowledge on the basics of computer application and software development.
BCA Admission 2021 is granted through both merit-based and entrance exam-based admission processes. BCA eligibility criteria followed across all Top BCA Colleges is 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with computer application/computer science as an additional or core subject.
BCA Course Details
- BCA eligibility criteria is 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with computer application/science as an additional subject.
- BCA fees range from INR 2Lakhs to 3Lakhs depending on the university from where the applicant wants to pursue the course.
- For studying BCA From Abroad, students will need to apply for language tests such as IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL, along with other eligibility tests such as GRE, GMAT, etc. Know More: Study Abroad Entrance Exams
- BCA Online Courses are also available in various online portals like Coursera, edX, etc.
- BCA Syllabus includes subjects based on programming and networking. Some of the common subjects that students will come across during the BCA courses are Hardware Lab, Operating systems, Data structures, computer networks, OOAD Using UML, Client-Server Computing, etc.
- Top courses after BCA are MCA Course, MBA information management, etc.
- For students who are determined to pursue MCA after BCA can directly opt for the BCA-MCA Integrated course which is only offered by a few institutes in India.
- After BCA, students can secure a job as a software developer, System Analyst, IT Technical Support Developer, etc., across the leading tech companies with an average salary of INR 2.5 LPA to INR 6 LPA. Know More: BCA Jobs
BCA Course Highlights
|BCA Course Level||Undergraduate Degree|
|BCA Full Form||Bachelor of Computer Applications|
|BCA Duration||3 years|
|BCA Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 in any relevant stream with English as a mandatory subject|
|BCA Admission Process||Either by Entrance Exams or by Merit|
|BCA Course Fees||Up to 2 to 3 Lakhs|
|BCA Subjects||Data Structures, Operating Systems, Database Management, User Interface Design, etc.|
|BCA Salary||Up to 4 Lakhs per annum|
|BCA Recruiting Companies||Wipro, Infosys, NIIT, HCL, TCS, Accenture, Capgemini, and others|
|BCA Jobs||Software Developer, Technical Analyst, System Administrators, Programmer, Tech support and others|
What is BCA All About?
BCA full form is Bachelor of Computer Applications. BCA Syllabus taught in top BCA Colleges in India include Operating Systems, Introduction To Programming Using C, Programming In Java etc. BCA Salary is INR 2,00,000 to 8,00,000 after BCA Course.
BBA Course is a 3 year, full-time undergraduate course that studies implementation for computer applications in software.
Why BCA Course?
There are plenty of reasons to study BCA. There is an utmost need of skilled professionals to serve and solve the various problems in the world of technology and IT in India. Most of the students prefer to study this course because of the following advantages:
- It opens a pool of job opportunities in various fields, especially in the IT sector.
- BCA is almost equivalent to the BTech course. The major benefit of opting for BCA is that it is a 3-year program whereas BTech is a 4-year course.
- A handful of colleges offer BCA specialization as well as in the field of Data Science, Data Analytics, and Computer Science.
- There is an opportunity for students to go for higher studies too like MCA, to add an extra edge and update their skills & experience, which leads to career development.
- Students become proficient in well-used programming languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, CSS, Linux, etc., and enhance your technical skills as well.
- A candidate with a BCA degree is in huge demand since manpower is continuing to get replaced by the systems and the need for good skillful experts and professionals is there to operate and function.
- In terms of salary, BCA graduates can earn from INR 2.4-5 LPA in the starting and after getting industry experience and become proficient in advance technical skills, the salary hike can be around 30-40% and you can earn around INR 3.5-8 LPA after 2-4 years of experience. Read BCA Jobs & Salary to know more.
BCA Course Benefits
- Unlike BTech courses, it focuses on the study of computers for three years which will help gain skills and knowledge to make a career in computer related fields.
- BCA course offers multiple job opportunities in the field of IT and computers.
- Both the public and private sector are known to recruit the graduates of BCA courses.
- BCA is mostly a software oriented course, with no or little stress in hardware. Thus it demands no physical effort, and allows you to have a stress free work environment.
BCA Admission Process
BCA Admission Process both merit-based and entrance-based admissions. The eligibility criteria for BCA admission is 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with computer application/science as an additional or core subject.
BCA Eligibility Criteria
The basic BCA eligibility criteria for the BCA admission process is mentioned below:
- The student must have an aggregate of 50% or above in Class 12 in any stream (Arts, Science, Commerce) with English and Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Some colleges grant admission to students who have completed class 12 without Maths and English as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum age that is considered to join the BCA course is 18 years, but this is not compulsory in all colleges. There is no upper age limit for BCA Admission.
BCA Admission 2021
- BCA Admission 2021 is based on entrance exams conducted at national as well as state levels.
- Universities such as GGSIPU conducts its own entrance exam to enroll students to BCA course.
- The registrations for BCA Admissions 2021 usually starts around the month of March 2021, but some of the colleges start their registrations early.
- Students enrolling in BCA Admission 2021 will have to secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their 10+2, post which a valid cut-off score in BCA entrance exams will make you eligible to secure admissions in Top BCA colleges.
- BCA Entrance exams for which you might have to sit are IPU-CET, SET, and others.
BCA Merit-Based Admissions
You can apply to BCA colleges providing admission in this course, through both online and offline mode.
Follow the below-mentioned steps that you need to follow while applying for the BCA course:
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Admission office of the Institute for the BCA admission application forms.
- Fill the application form as directed and upload the required documents in the prescribed dimensions.
- After the processing of applications, the final selection is done after rounds of GD and PI (if any).
BCA Entrance-Based Admissions
Students are required to sit for the entrance exam, and after qualifying for the exam, they are called for the counseling process or Personal Interview Round.
BCA Entrance Exam Dates
|Exams||Application Date||Exam Date|
|IPU-CET||March 2021||3rd week of May 2021|
|AIMA UGAT||13th January 2021||19th June 2021|
|BUMAT||3rd week of February 2021||3rd week of June 2021|
|SET||18th February 2021||27th June 2021|
|GSAT||February 2021||2nd Week of June 2021|
|SUAT||February 2021||1stWeek of June 2021|
Many colleges select prospective students on the basis of performance in the Top BCA Entrance Exams. Some of these entrance exams are university level and some are state-level examinations.
BCA Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
BCA entrance examinations basically cover 5 sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- General English
- General intelligence and reasoning
Go through your entrance exam syllabus thoroughly and follow the timetable to complete the full syllabus on time. Apart from that, you should have some background or knowledge regarding BCA course details, so that these questions are not completely new to you.
- Practice Previous Year's BCA Entrance Exam Question Papers to keep a check on the exam pattern.
- Identify your weak points and lay more emphasis on the same by practicing and regular revision.
- Make revision notes. It helps to revise the important topics before the exam day.
- Make your NCERT knowledge your strong point since Maths and Computer Science questions usually come from concepts taught in Class 10+2 level.
- For General Awareness, keep yourself updated with the latest news and current affairs.
BCA Syllabus 2021
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Hardware Lab||Case Tools Lab|
|Creative English||Communicative English|
|Foundational Mathematics||Basic Discrete Mathematics|
|Statistics I For BCA||Operating Systems|
|Digital Computer Fundamentals||Data Structures|
|Introduction To Programming Using C||Data Structures Lab|
|C Programming Lab||Visual Programming Lab|
|PC Software Lab||-|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Interpersonal Communication||Professional English|
|Introductory Algebra||Financial Management|
|Financial Accounting||Computer Networks|
|Software Engineering||Programming In Java|
|Database Management Systems||Java Programming Lab|
|Object-Oriented Programming Using C++||DBMS Project Lab|
|C++ Lab||Web Technology Lab|
|Oracle Lab||Language Lab|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Unix Programming||Design And Analysis Of Algorithms|
|OOAD Using UML||Client-Server Computing|
|User Interface Design||Client-Server Computing|
|Graphics And Animation||Cloud Computing|
|Python Programming||Multimedia Applications|
|Business Intelligence||Introduction To Soft Computing|
|Graphics And Animation Lab||Advanced Database Management System|
|Python Programming Lab||-|
|Web Designing Project||-|
|Business Intelligence Lab||-|
BCA Core Subjects
|Introduction to Programming using C||Operating Systems|
|Computer Graphics & Animation||Programming in Java|
|Computer Networks||Database Management Systems|
BCA Distance Education
- Apart from pursuing BCA regular courses, BCA Distance Education in India is also popular. The program requires a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 years to complete when doing it from distance or correspondence.
- One needs to have a qualifying 10+2 level degree to pursue this course.
- Admission to this course from distance is generally offered on a merit basis. BCA Distance Education Fees range from INR 6,000 to 20,000 annually.
- Some of the top colleges offering the program at a distance are IGNOU, TNOU Chennai, Suresh Gyan Vihar University- Distance Education (SGVUDE), School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, etc.
BCA Distance Education Admission 2021
- BCA Distance Education Admission 2021 is based on merit for all the BCA Distance Education Colleges in India.
- The basic eligibility criteria is to have a 10+2 degree from a recognized board of education.
- IGNOU BCA Distance Education Admissions 2021 starts from the month of January up to the last week of March 2021 for the January session.
IGNOU is one of the most prestigious universities and known for offering the best distance education. BCA is one of the most pursued courses from IGNOU.
- The minimum requirement to pursue this course at distance from IGNOU is to have a 10+2 qualifying certificate from a recognized university.
- Admission to this course is generally offered on the basis of merit.
- The minimum duration to complete this program is 3 years and the maximum duration of the same is 6 years.
- There is no age bar set for the aspirants willing to pursue this course.
- The medium of teaching this course is English.
- The total fees of the program are INR 40,200.
Though it’s a distance education university, the curriculum covers all the key BCA course details and makes a student eligible to get an entry-level job in any IT company.
Distance BCA: Top Colleges
|University/College||Average Annual Fees|
|School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University||INR 8,200|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University- Distance Education||INR 40,000|
|Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)||INR 8,400|
BCA Specializations with Fees and Placement Salary
The major BCA Specializations available in India are listed in the table below. In the next two sections, we discuss the most popular BCA Specializations- BCA Data Science & BCA Data Analytics, along with the course fee and placements it has to offer.
|IT Technologies||Internet Technologies|
|Music and Video Processing||Network Systems|
|Management Information System (MIS)||Database Management System (DBMS)|
|Programming Languages (C++, JAVA, or more)||Systems Analysis|
|Computer Graphics||Internet Technologies|
BCA Data Science
BCA Data Science is an undergraduate degree program in the field of data science and technology. Apart from the common BCA subjects, it also includes specialized subjects such as Big Data Analytics, Python Programming, Machine Learning, Data Modelling and Visualization, Data Mining, etc.
|Average Total Fees||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 4-8 LPA|
BCA Data Analytics
BCA Data Analytics is an advanced undergraduate course, which can be pursued after Class 12. The major BCA Data Analytics subjects are Big Data Analytics, Data Manipulation, Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.
|Average Total Fees||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 4-12 LPA|
Best Colleges for BCA
|Name of the College||Average Fees|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune||INR 6 Lakhs|
|Christ University, Bengaluru||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 2 Lakhs|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||INR 1 Lakh|
|Amity Institute of Information Technology||INR 6 Lakhs|
|Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore||INR 2.15 Lakhs|
|Women’s Christian College, Chennai||INR 0.8 Lakh|
|St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru||INR 0.9 Lakh|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||INR 0.75 Lakh|
|Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College, Chandigarh||INR 0.95 Lakh|
BCA Government Colleges
|Ambedkar Institute of Technology||INR 35,000|
|Aliah University||INR 39,900|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||INR 54,920|
|JC Bose University of Science and Technology||INR 2,18,605|
|St Joseph’s College||INR 34,000|
|Jamia Hamdard University||INR 1,25,000|
|St Bede College||INR 44,400|
|Lalit Narayan Mishra Institute of Economic Development and Social Change||INR 1,60,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||INR 37,500|
BCA Private Colleges
|Presidency College||INR 90,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research||INR 1,75,000|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||INR 57,000|
|Institute of Business Studies and Research||INR 92,000|
|Xavier’s Institute of Computer Applications||INR 10,600|
|Madhav University||INR 30,000|
|National Institute of Management||INR 58,700|
|OPJS University||INR 41,200|
|Institute of Management Studies||INR 1,32,750|
|Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth||INR 82,500|
Christ University BCA
- Bachelor of Computer Applications is a 3 Year UG program extended over six semesters.
- Basic eligibility for BCA in Christ University is a pass at the +2 level (Karnataka PUC / ISC / CBSE / NIOS / State Boards) from any recognized Board in India.
- The university has a placement cell to guide the students who are seeking career opportunities in the IT industry.
- Symbiosis BCA course is a 3 year UG course that offers the prequalification for professionals heading for a smart career in the IT field.
- Symbiosis BCA has 6 semesters and the selection process is based on Symbiosis Entrance Test Score, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT).
- The eligibility criteria for BCA at Symbiosis is that the student must pass XII from any stream or equivalent government approved diploma in Engineering/Technology with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
|Online registration & payment closes||Friday, June 4, 2021|
|Admit Card Live||Monday, June 14, 2021|
|Entrance Test Date||Sunday, June 27, 2021|
|Test Result||Thursday, July 08, 2021|
|Last date for online registration & payment for institutes||Sunday, July 11, 2021|
- BCA is available in VIT at the Vellore Campus.
- There are no entrance exams for BCA at VIT. The Selection is based on the performances in the higher secondary school of examination
- The candidates short-listed based on their merit will be called for counseling.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for studying BCA at VIT is that a student must pass in any stream with a minimum overall aggregate of 60% and with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the Examination.
- Business Mathematics is also considered eligible for admission.
BCA Top Colleges Comparison
|Parameter||Symbiosis Institute||Christ University||Loyola College|
|Overview||One of the first institutes to offer higher education in Maharashtra is SIU (Pune) and it is also a famous college for IT education.||Christ University is one of the best colleges for management that gives wide exposure and provides the best infrastructure.||The list of the best colleges in the country includes the Loyola College name and it has been consistently ranked 3rd in different disciplines.|
|Rank||India Today-1||India Today-2||India Today-3|
|Average Fees||INR 6 Lakhs||INR 4 Lakhs||INR 2 Lakhs|
|Average Package Offered||INR 6.5 Lakhs||INR 6 Lakhs||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Placement Companies||HSBC, Capgemini, Infosys, Deloitte, Bajaj Finserv and others||Accenture, Genpact, HCL, HP, IBM and others||EY, Google, Cognizant, Zoho, Fargo, Wipro and others|
BCA Course Comparison
To give you a better picture on why you should consider pursuing BCA, we have compared two most popular sister courses Btech Computer Science and BSc Computer Science, based on various parameters that will help you figure out the most suitable course as per your requirements and eligibility.
BCA vs BTech
BTech is a 4 year-long undergraduate course that falls under AICTE and NAB. BCA and BTech Computer Science, both the courses are highly competitive and are in huge demand.
One side where BCA course makes you comfortable with the applications world, other side BTech makes you more proficient in both software and hardware knowledge.
The following table shows the key difference between BCA and BTech in terms of Impact, course material, and orientation:
|Parameter||BCA||BTech Computer Science|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Computer Applications||Bachelor of Technology|
|Domain||Computer Applications||Computer Science|
|Overview||BCA gives you in-depth knowledge of computer applications and software development and also helps you to learn different system languages required to become a successful professional in the IT industry.||BTech Computer Science enables you to enhance your technical, soft and analytical skills by graduating them in the field of computer engineering.|
|Duration||3 Years||4 Years|
|Eligibility||Class 12 with any stream||Class 12 with science stream|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 3-4 Lakhs||INR 3-6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3-6 LPA||INR 3-8 LPA|
The career options after both these courses are almost the same, but it has been noted that a graduate in BTech is given more preference in top companies as compared to graduates having an MCA degree.
BCA vs BSc Computer Science
We have curated the table to draw a comparison between Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and BSc in Computer Science for aspirants to have a better understanding of both.
|Parameters||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||BSc Computer Science|
|Course Objectives||Developing Softwares and computer applications are the main objective of this course. Programming and networking are the core areas of the subject.||The course imparts the basic aspects of computers, software, and application from the perspective of science.|
|Specializations||Data Analytics, Data Science, etc||None|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 2 to 3 Lakhs||INR 20,000-60,000|
|Duration||3 Years||3 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 in any relevant stream.||Qualified class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exams or Merit||Merit-Based|
|Top Colleges||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Christ University, Stella Maris College, etc||Loyola College, Fergusson College, St. Xavier’s, etc|
|Job Roles||Software Developer, Technical Analyst, System Administrators, Programmer, Technical assistant, etc.||Web developer, Mobile App developer, Website Designing, Network Engineer, Data Analyst, etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4 to 8 lakhs||INR 3 to 7 lakhs|
Best Courses After BCA
Today is the right time to study BCA and become an expert in the technical field of programming, networking, architecture, etc. Apart from programming, students can also enter the non programming files of IT such as testing, quality assurance, technical support, etc. In terms of higher education, you can also go for post graduation courses after successful completion of your BCA course, like BCA and MBA.
Some of the best courses after BCA are mentioned below:
- Master of Computer Applications: Master of Computer Applications, abbreviated as MCA is an advanced course of 3 years duration, that focuses to impart deep knowledge in the field of computer science and its applications.
- MBA in Information Management: This course is a management course that BCA students can opt if they are interested to study the fundamentals of information management. The common career options after completing MBA Information Management are Account Manager, IT Manager, Business Development, etc.
- Master in Computer Management: Master in Computer Management or simply MCM is a specialized degree dealing with various aspects of computer management. It offers adequate knowledge and skills to plan, design, and implement complex application software systems.
BCA Jobs & Placements
The job roles after the BCA course are diverse, and students can find career stability within 2-5 years of employment. The IT research industry is booming in India at a fast pace, and according to statistics the need for skilled professionals will double by 2025.
|BCA Job||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Software Developer||Software Developer’s main job is to research, design, implement and manage the software programs and ensure the smooth functioning of the program.||INR 5 LPA|
|System Analyst||System Analyst is mainly responsible to analyse and design possible techniques to solve business queries with the help of IT.||INR 6 LPA|
|Web Designer||Web designers usually design and set the layout of the website.||INR 3 LPA|
|Technical Associate||Technical Associate’s main job role is to assist the admin staff or the company in daily routine technical problems.||INR 2.15 LPA|
|Customer Support Technician||Customer Support Technician’s main job role is to identify solutions to the computer system issues like troubleshooting and alike.||INR 2.5 LPA|
|IT Technical Support Developer||Their role is to diagnose the hardware problems and help customers to download apps and programs.||INR 3.15 LPA|
BCA Top Recruiting Companies with Salary
|Top Recruiting Companies||Average Salary|
|HP||INR2,40,000 – 2,80,000|
|Flipkart||INR2,37,000 – 3,00,000|
|Accenture||INR 2, 55,000 – 3,00,000|
|Cognizant||INR 2,65,000 –3,10,000|
|Capgemini||INR 2,90,000 – 3,25,000|
BCA Salary 2021
BCA salary in India may range up to INR 5 LPA depending upon the jobs after BCA. However, the salary specifications may vary on the basis of sectors, industries, cities, and experience one possesses. For instance, the average BCA salary in Kolkata will differ by a certain percentage from that of Bangalore.
Similarly, there will be variations in salary obtained by an employee having 5 years of work experience with the one who is a fresher.
BCA Salary Experience Level:
|Years of Working Experience||Average Annual Salary|
|0 to 1||INR 2 to 2.8 LPA|
|2 to 5||INR 4 to 6 LPA|
|5 to 10||INR 7 to 10 LPA|
|10 to 15||INR 10 to 20 LPA|
Check BCA Salary Details
Ques. Is BCA a good course?
Ans. BCA is a top course in India that is especially aimed at students who want to make a career in the computer application industry, such as software engineering, website designing, application development, website development, hardware engineering, networking, etc.
The course is a perfect blend of theoretical and practical classes that develop skills that are required to proceed with individual studies and research, required for the job industry.
Students can also go for many courses after BCA such as MCA, MBA, MCM, etc.
Hence, if you are highly interested to make a career in the IT & Computer Applications industry, then this course is perfect for you.
Ques. What is BCA full form?
Ans. The full form of BCA is Bachelor of Computer Applications.
Ques. What are the subjects required for BCA admission in Class 12?
Ans. Students from any background, i.e. Science, Commerce, Arts can opt for a BCA course. Unlike, BTech & BSc Computer Science, you don’t need to have Science to pursue BCA.
Ques. What is BCA Eligibility?
Ans. The basic BCA eligibility is at least 50% in Class 12 in any stream. The minimum aggregate varies from college to college and could be 45% or 60% as well.
Ques. What is BCA and its scope?
Ans. BCA is a 3-year undergraduate course designed to teach all the necessary aspects of computer applications like software, hardware, and networks. The course has a huge scope in India since the demand for qualified and experienced IT professionals is quite high these days.
Most of the students usually become software engineering and opt for programming jobs, apart from networking jobs such as Network Engineer, Network Administrator, which are some of the highest-paying jobs in the IT industry.
The average salary of a software engineer in India is around INR 5 LPA according to Payscale. It increases tremendously every year or once every 2 years as per your company’s rules of salary hike. The minimum IT professionals can expect is around 30-40% but it also depends on their experience and the type of projects they have worked on.
There is a huge opportunity for employment in foreign countries as well, like in the USA, Canada, Germany, Australia, etc.
Ques. What are the BCA course subjects?
Ans. BCA basically comprises of the subjects like DBMS, networking, web scripting, core-programming languages like JAVA, C++, Python and alike. These courses are more sort of subjects related to computer languages and applications.
Ques. Is BCA a tough course?
Ans. It totally depends upon the student’s capacity and interest. If you have some skills in programming or knowledge of computer networks, then this bachelor degree course will be easier. Hence, having some technical knowledge helps, otherwise training from the basic level is provided to all the students who are enrolled in the BCA program.
Ques. What is BCA course fees?
Ans. BCA course fees vary from college to college. It usually ranges from INR 80,000-2,00,000. The total fees is usually less in government-affiliated institutes than private colleges & universities.
Ques. What are the career options after earning a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)?
Ans. BCA has huge opportunities for employment in all the sectors, private or government alike. The top BCA Job Prospects are Software Engineer, Software Developer, Web Analyst, Web Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Engineer, Front End Developer, Back End Developer, Mobile Application Developer, Hardware Engineer, Technical Associate, IT Technical Support Engineer, Customer Support Technician, Software Tester, Software Architect, etc.
If you are interested in sales and marketing, you can also go for jobs such as IT Sales Associate, Management Trainee, etc.
The average BCA Salary for a fresher is around INR 2.5-5 LPA, and for an experienced professional it can go up to INR 6-12 LPA, which totally depends upon your technical skills, your projects and your theoretical knowledge.
Ques. What is good after BCA for a good career?
Ans. If you are genuinely interested in the computer applications field, then you should gain some experience in the IT industry and try to do your college project work in a top IT company in India such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Capgemini, Sapient, etc.
There are many certifications that you can go for like CCNA certification (Cisco Certified Network Associate), and others alike.
Hence, it is not important that you should get enrolled in some course or other, but your technical and communication skills should be always updated if you genuinely want to progress in your career in the IT industry.
Ques. What should one do after BCA: MCA or MBA?
Ans. It totally depends on your interest. If you want to upgrade your qualifications and your technical skills in computer applications, you should opt for the MCA course, whose course duration is of 3 years and includes subjects such as computational theory, programming, algorithm design and optimization, network and database management, mobile technologies, electronics, mathematics, probability, statistics, etc. After MCA, you will get an average salary of around INR 3-8 LPA. It can be higher as well, totally depending upon your skills and experience.
If you are interested in management roles involved in the IT industry, then you should definitely go for an MBA. But pursuing an MBA from a top B-School has more value than doing it from any random college offering the course. The average salary that you can expect after the MBA is around INR 5-12 LPA, but it also depends upon the college, your work experience, and your management skills.
For students who want to become a manager and handle a group of people in their IT team or company, then going for MBA is the best option, otherwise, if you are interested in coding and software engineering then for MBA.
Ques. Is BCA better than BTech?
Ans. If you are eligible for both the courses, i.e., you have taken science with Maths in Class 12, then you should opt for the BTech course. This is because many companies and industry professionals prefer graduates from engineering backgrounds as they are strong in mathematics and algorithms, which helps them in analysis and decision making.
But if you are getting into a good college that offers a BCA course, then you should go for that because it might help you get a better placement offer than from an average BTech college.
Other than this, BCA students should opt for MCA so that they can get better salary compensation and package. But in the case of BTech in CS, the degree is enough to help them in getting higher-paying jobs. It can be said that BTech is almost equivalent to MCA as per the industry standards. But this totally depends upon the individual to individual, deepening upon their skills, knowledge, and experience.
Ques. Can I go for MS in the US or Abroad after Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)?
Ans. If you aim for MS in Abroad, then you should not go for BCA since most of the reputed top colleges in the US and Canada do not recognize three-year undergraduate degrees. Therefore, many students who have plans of going abroad for their masters usually try and opt for BTech in Computer Science.
If you still want to go for MS in foreign countries after BCA then you should complete one more year of education and pursue professional and recognized certification course such as Advanced course in JAVA, Python, etc. that allows students to be eligible to apply for MS course in US, Germany, Canada, Australia, etc.
However, there are many colleges that offer MS degree to students who have completed three years of the undergraduate course. For this, you should check the university's website for further details but usually, they ask for a 4-year bachelor's degree to be able to pursue MS Abroad.
Ques. What are the top BCA colleges in Delhi?
Ans. Some of the top BCA colleges in Delhi are listed below:
Ques. Is there any delay in the BCA Admission Process due to the COVID-19 outbreak?
Ans. There were changes in exam date and application period of many entrance exams, including IPU-CET whose exam date was postponed to May 5, 2020. Now again it is postponed till May 25, 2020, until further notice.
Other than this, there are no official statements from the authorities as of now in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Ques. Which are the popular books covered in BCA Syllabus?
Ans. The popular books in the BCA syllabus are Maurice Bach, Karthikeyan, AK Sharma, and Booch.
Ques. What are the different jobs after BCA for graduates?
Ans. BCA graduates can do jobs like that of a Software Engineer, Network Engineer, System Analyst, Web Designer, Technical Associate, and in many other roles.
Ques. Does Delhi University (DU) offer BCA?
Ans. As of now, Delhi University does not provide a BCA course but you can go for BSc (Hons.) Computer Course that holds almost the same qualification compared to BCA.
The former course is offered by many top colleges of Delhi University such as:
Ques. What has more scope: BCA or BBA?
Ans. Both of these courses are very different from each other. BCA is a technical course involving studies and applications of computers and programming, while BBA is a management course that helps students to get a job in the corporate sector. If you want to devote your career in the IT field, working on networking, coding, programming, etc. then you should opt for BCA. But if you aspire to become competent in the management field then BBA is a perfect course for you.
Both BBA and BCA are considered good courses with respect to their fields. It totally depends on your interest, skills, and capabilities in which field you want to enter.
Ques. What is BCA Salary?
Ans. The average BCA salary in India ranges from INR 5-7 LPA. The BCA salary also varies according to the experience a graduate has in the job field. With enough experience, candidates can even earn up to INR 20 lakh per annum through BCA.
Ques. When is the BCA result announced?
Ans. BCA result is generally declared in the month of June or July, varying for each college. Every BCA college releases the result on its official website at the end of the term. However, the results were delayed this year due to Covid 19 pandemic.
Ques. What is the stream of BCA?
Ans. BCA comes under the stream of Computer Applications. Often it is confused with Computer Science, Science, Engineering, and other related streams, but Computer Applications is the right answer.
Ques. Is BCA a good course after 12th?
Ans. BCA is one of the most opted course after 12th for students who want to learn about computer application and software development elaborately. After BCA, aspirants can opt for MCA
Ques. Is BCA degree valuable?
Ans. Yes, BCA is highly valuable for students who are looking forward to a thriving career in IT and technology-related jobs
Ques. What is the real BCA meaning?
Ans. BCA courses focus on computer applications and basically train students to enter the IT industry. While courses like BTech focus on all core programming and networking concepts, the BCA course deals with only applications part of the computers and networks.
Ques. Is BCA a professional course?
Ans. BCA imparts strong knowledge and training on the skills required for applying in the CS and IT companies. So, yes, BCA can be referred as a professional courses to some extent.
Ques.Can I do BCA in two/2 years?
Ans. Yes, fasttrack BCA is now available in India.
Ques. Does Amazon hire BCA students?
Ans. Yes, Amazon, along with most of the leading multinational IT and Tech company hire BCA students from all over India.
Ques. What is the salary of a BCA graduate in 2021?
Ans. The salary of BCA graduate in 2021 is around INR 12,000 to INR 25,000.span>