Criminal Law Courses deal with the study of rules and regulations along with statues and judicial systems for conducting the trials to save the public from any harm or unlawful act.
Criminal Law courses are available at all levels starting from basic certification courses, bachelor degree, masters degree and doctorate level courses.
Criminal Law courses are available both in online and offline mode at different platforms, colleges and universities. The eligibility criteria for pursuing any criminal law courses varies, but a student is expected to secure 50% marks in class 12th.
Numerous online websites like Coursera offer courses related to Criminal Law with zero expenses too.
The course fee and package differs as per the course and college. However, after completing any criminal law course, one can work as Legal Advisor, Criminal Lawyer , Government Advocate , Government Pleader etc.
|Diploma and PG Diploma||
|UG Criminal Law Courses||
|PG Criminal Law Courses||
|Doctorate Criminal Law Courses||
Candidates can expect their salary between INR 5 - 10 LPA.
Some of the top skills demanded in this field are Prosecution,Criminal Justice, legal matters, sociology and ethics/morality, etc , therefore completing degrees in such fields will be really beneficial.
Criminal Law Courses:Highlights
Since Criminal Law courses can be pursued at UG, PG and as short term certifications, these courses help the students to improve their employability. Below are the highlights of different Criminal Law courses offered in India.
|Types of Online Courses||Coursera, Udemy, Future learn etc|
|Top Job Prospects||Legal Advisor, Criminal Lawyer , Government Advocate , Government Pleader etc|
Certificate Criminal Law Courses
The Certificate programs in Criminal Law courses are offered through both Online and Offline mediums. Online Criminal Law courses are expanding step by step. As referenced previously, they can be of any time length going from a couple of hours to a couple of months.
- Certificate programs of Criminal Law courses are extraordinarily intended to furnish the competitors with extra aptitudes.
- Any individual who needs to understand the criminal law framework or manage their own criminal cases better or pursue justice.
- They are appropriate for those representatives who need to proceed with their job positions alongside learning additional ranges of abilities which can assist them with taking care of complex issues.
- A large portion of these courses are independent and accordingly don't request a ton of every day hours from you.
Those students who are searching for transient courses after 10th and 12th or want to study the basics of criminal law ought to decide on Criminal Law certification courses.
Earning additional Certificates certainly offers one the occasion to expand their compensation bundle.
Online Criminal Law Courses
The Table below shows some of the best Criminal Law course certificates available online on different websites.
|Certificate Course in Advanced Criminal Litigation & Trial Advocacy||Law Sikho||3 months||INR 15,000|
|Introduction to International Criminal Law||Coursera||8 weeks||INR 3,616|
|Introduction to Criminal Justice||Udemy||11 hours||INR 6,400|
In some of these courses instructors do conduct tests for finalising your certificates.
How are Admissions in Certificate Programs of Criminal Law Courses Done ?
Admission in the Criminal Law courses are not done in an authentic composed manner like that in Bachelor and Master courses. There are no particular passageway tests either which are driven for admission in these courses.
Enlistment in online certification programs is essentially done by applying on the website of the course provider.
Some head establishments do separate your profile and the reactions to surveys asked.
In the event that there should be an event of offline certificate programs, colleges may yield you on the merit basis. Your score in Class X or XII (as material) will be considered in such a case.
Top Colleges For Criminal Law Course Certificates in India
Given Below is a vivid description of top colleges offering Criminal Law certificates.
Diploma and PG Diploma Criminal Law Courses
Diploma and PG Diploma courses vary as far as the qualification rules they ask for. While a diploma Criminal Law course can be sought after you complete class 12 (class 10 likewise sometimes), a PG certificate or postgraduate diploma is sought after in the wake of finishing graduation.
- Diploma courses offer explicit information contrasted with explained educating in full time bachelor and master degrees. Accordingly, they set aside both time and money.
- While the Diploma courses are 1-year long, PG Diploma courses can be of both 1 and 2 years span.
- These courses are additionally favored by students who need to join the occupation area soon, as opposed to committing a very long time to definite instruction.
- Diploma courses give you the flexibility to choose a huge set of specialization skills.
Students who are planning to save on assets and complete a course oriented program should go for Diploma and PG Diploma.
The average salary after diploma courses is around INR 1 - 3 LPA.
Top Diploma Criminal Law Courses
Some of the popular diploma courses which can be pursued in the field of Criminal Law are given below
|Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average fees|
|Diploma in Criminal Law||Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu B.J.S Rampuria Jain Law College, Bikaner||INR 10, 000 - 40,000|
Top PG Diploma Criminal Law Courses
PG Diploma courses are pursued after one has completed their bachelor or diploma course.Both should in the related subjects only.
Some of the top PG Diploma Criminal Law Courses in India are given below.
|PG Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Criminal Justice||IGNOU University of Hyderabad-Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning Manonmaniam Sundaranar University||INR 10,000 to 50,000|
How are Admission in Diploma and PG Diploma Criminal Law Courses Done?
Admission in Diploma Program is done on the basis of your marks.The cutoff marks are released by their respective colleges.
- For Diploma your 10 marks is taken,while in PG Diploma your Graduation score is considered.
- In case of a few online Diploma courses,you can dIrectly apply on their websites.
- Students need to complete some eligibility criteria for admission in Diploma and PG Diploma Courses.
Students must have secured a decent percentage for admission in Diploma and PG Diploma Course.
Top Colleges Offering Diploma in Criminal Law Courses
Given below are the colleges in India which Offer Criminal Law courses as both diploma and PG diplomas.
Colleges for Diploma Criminal Law Courses
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Pune|
|B.J.S Rampuria Jain Law College||Bikaner|
|Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University||Tamil Nadu|
|Sidhartha Law College||Dehradun|
Colleges for PG Diploma Criminal Law Courses
UG Criminal Law Courses
Bachelor courses are the most selected courses as a large number of students look to earn a full time degree Bachelor in Arts in Criminal Law is a Bachelor level course. It centers around criminal law and criminal justice, giving you information on how the criminal justice framework functions, a comprehension of violations and its impact on society.
- The duration of Bachelor Criminal Law Engineering of 3 years.
- The course is partitioned into 6 parts comprising 6 months each.
- At the end of each year students have to pass in the main exam to get promoted in the next year.
- Admission is done simply by applying on the college website or entrance based.
Students who want to dedicate full time to the field and make a long term career should choose the bachelor course.
After completing graduation they can expect an average salary between INR 2 - 6 LPA in the beginning.The salary may increase according to your experience.
Top Undergraduate (UG) Criminal Law Courses
|Course Name||College Name||Average Fees|
|BA in Criminal Law||Banaras Hindu University Indore Institute of Law National Education Foundation Law College||INR 50,000 - 5 LAKH|
How are Admissions in Undergraduate Criminal Law Courses Done?
To get Admission in Bachelor Course you have to go for both entrance exams and merit based.
- Some of the top Entrance exams for bachelor courses are CLAT,KLEE,LSAT,AILET etc.
- CLAT is conducted for admission in Bachelor Course in Criminal Law.
- Other common entrance tests like RULET focus on the overall undergraduate courses of their universities.
- Some colleges may give admission on merit basis.
Students need to have at least 45% marks in their intermediate exams with any subjects.
UG Criminal Law Entrance Exams
The table below gives details of exams conducted for admission in UG Criminal Law Courses in India.
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Mode|
|CLAT||Consortium of NLUs||May 9, 2021||Online|
|AILET||National Law University, Delhi||To be notified later||Offline|
|LSAT||Pearson VUE on behalf of law school admission council (LSAC)||May 10, 2021||Offline|
Read more : Criminal law entrance examination
Colleges for UG Criminal Law Courses
PG Criminal Law Courses
Masters in Criminal Law are generally done by those students who are not satisfied with bachelors and want to deal with actions of intentional harm to Persons , which, in a broader sense, are offenses against humanity.
- The duration of master courses is 2- 3 years in most of the cases.
- Master courses refine a student's skills and eligible candidates in finding and catching criminals to prevent crime in the society.
- Admission here is also done through some entrance examinations.
Even those students who are looking to enter the research field should opt for master courses as they are required to pursue a PhD course.
The average salary after completing master is from 4- 10 LPA.Many professionals have seen to be earning a lot more.
Top Postgraduate (PG) Criminal Law Courses
|Postgraduation in Criminal Law||National Law School of India University (NLSIU) The National Law Institute University (NLIU)||INR 3 - 8 LAKHS|
How are Admissions in Master Criminal Law Courses Done?
Admission in master courses is also done through entrance exams,while some colleges give direct admission on the basis of merit.
- AILET PG,ILI CAT,IPU CET are some of the entrance exam conducted for admission in Master Courses.
- CLAT PG is conducted on a national level for admission in master courses.
- Some colleges offer Admission directly on the basis of Graduation marks.
Candidates should have completed their Bachelor Course with 55 percent marks aggregate in order to be eligible for Master Course.
Colleges for Master Criminal Law Courses
The table below shows some of the college offering Master Criminal Law Courses
Doctorate Criminal Law Courses
Doctorate Criminal Law courses are mainly chosen by those who want to enter into the research field.
- The minimum duration of this course is around 2-5 years though it can be extended depending on the colleges.
- After PhD students can also get the option to become Teachers and Professor in Universities.
The average salary of Phd Students is around INR 5 - 10 LPA.
Top PhD Criminal Law Courses
|Course Name||College||Average Fees|
|PhD in Criminology||Karunya Institute of Technology & Sciences Chandigarh University University of Madras||INR 50,000 - 3 LAKHS|
How are Admission in Doctorate Criminal Law Courses Done?
Admission in Doctorate courses follows both entrance based and merit basis.
- CUCET,Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test,UGC NET,DUET etc are some of the exams for admission in PhD courses.
- Some colleges give admission on merit basis.
Students need to have 60 percent in Post-Graduation for admission in Doctorate Course.
Colleges for Doctorate Criminal Law Courses
Criminal Law Courses: Jobs And Scope
Criminal Law is one of the most seasoned and incredibly mainstream law specializations. Subsequent to finishing an incorporated UG level course with Criminal Law as a specialization applicants can consider seeking after a PG level course in the equivalent or even pick to join a job.
Some famous law job profiles that applicants can seek after in the wake of finishing a Criminal Law course are:
To consider and dissect the personal conduct standards and strategies for hoodlums, to acknowledge what inspires them. Criminologists should be acceptable psychologists and once they find the explanation that remains behind a criminal's activities, they can anticipate or forestall extra and comparable violations
Salary: INR 2-4 LPA
- knowledge of sociology and anthropology for understanding society and culture
- excellent written communication skills
- knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses
- analytical thinking skills
- maths knowledge
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to understand people's reactions
To guard individuals or associations that have been accused of wrongdoing or put forth a defense against them. They manage cases identified with brutality, drug violations, robberies, extortion.
Salary: INR 2-6 LPA
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good advocacy
- Logical reasoning skills
- Creative thinking and analytical skills
- Good understanding of state, federal and local rules, court procedures and evidentiary laws
Forensic Science Technician
To help catch, convict, or clear crime suspects. A Forensic Science Technician accumulates and handles the proof from a wrongdoing scene for police offices and examinations it in a specific lab.
Salary:INR 2-6 LPA
- Logical and independent mind
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Objectivity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
- Concentration and patience
To educate at undergraduate and graduate level in regions apportioned and audited occasionally by the Head of Department and to direct or help with oversight of undergrad, shown graduate (Masters) or examination graduate (MPhil/PhD) understudies.
Salary: INR 2-8 LPA
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgment and Decision Making
Criminal Law Courses:FAQs
Ques.What is an example of criminal law?
Ans. Criminal law manages conduct that is or can be understood as an offense against the general population, society, or the state—regardless of whether the quick casualty is a person. Models are murder, attack, theft,and tanked driving.
Ques.What is a criminal law degree?
Ans. Acquiring a criminal justice degree can prompt a profession in law requirement, amendments, support, or legislative issues. The fields of criminal equity and law draw in understudies intrigued by criminal brain research, victimology, morals, and American courts and remedial frameworks.
Ques.Is law difficult to study?
Ans. Studying law is as hard as you make it. A few people decide to make it extremely hard. ... An expertise one (preferably) learns in graduate school is the way to toss out data. That sounds totally in reverse to certain individuals, who think graduate school is tied in with packing however much data into your head as could be expected
Ques.Is LLB course difficult?
Ans.To become Criminal legal advisor, you should need to seek after "Lone wolf of Laws (LLB)" after twelfth class business. The term of Bachelor of Laws course is 03 years and after consummation of LLB course you can even seek after Master of Laws (LLM) course which endures around a couple of years.