Karnataka is considered the favourite destination to pursue MBA courses for students in India. MBA Admission in Karnatka will begin in June 2021
Every year, thousands of students take admission to MBA courses in the MBA colleges in Karnataka. Admission to MBA programs in Karnataka will be done based on the candidate's performance in Karnataka PGCET MBA 2021.
Karnataka PGCET is a State-level common entrance exam which is of 100 marks. For further details regarding Karnataka MBA Admissions such as important dates, application process, result, counselling etc. read the article given below.
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Highlights
The following are some of the highlights of the MBA course:
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration|
|Examination type||Semester type|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Karnataka PGCET|
|Course Fee||INR 80,000 per annum|
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Important Dates
Applicants who are looking forward to admission to Karnataka MBA course need to keep a track on Karnataka MBA important dates provided in the table given below:
|MBA PGCET Entrance exam notification date||June 2021|
|Re-opening of online application||August 2021|
|Last date to apply for exam||September 2021|
|Availability of Karnataka MBA Admit Card||October 2021|
|MBA PGCET Exam Date||October 2021|
|Declaration of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of PGCET results||To be announced|
|MBA counselling date||To be announced|
|Last date of counselling||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting to the allocated college in Karnataka.||To be announced|
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfil certain eligibility criteria given below laid down by the admission authority before filling the Karnataka MBA Application Form:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with 50% aggregate marks in all the subjects including the language subjects taken during the entire duration of course.
- A candidate belonging to SC/ST ad category-1 of Karnataka must have minimum 45% aggregate marks in the UG course.
- Reservation is available for the candidate belonging to the state of Karnataka.
- If a candidate wishes to pursue a part-time MBA program, then the eligibility criteria apart from the above points is- He should have worked in an establishment for minimum 3 years and the company should be at min 40kms distance from the MBA College.
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Application Form
Karnataka MBA Application forms can be filled Online. Check the Comprehensive Application Process below:
- Visit the official website of the admission authority.
- Fill the application form. (There was a separate application form released for students who were COVID Positive)
- Fill all the personal and professional details. The aggregate marks in the UG course have to be entered correctly, do not round up the marks.
- Attach the scanned documents as mentioned.
- Submit the application form
- Pay the application fee online using Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- The admit card/ hall ticket for candidates who have applied, will be released on the KEA website.
- After downloading the admit card students have to report to the respective centres to give the examination.
- The Answer Key will be released a few days after the exam day. If any candidate has any objection then, they can file the objection for the same within 3 days of its release.
- Candidates belonging to Reservation category submit the caste certificate or income certificate.
- Merit list will be declared on the KEA website. The selected candidates must confirm the seats before the last date will be released soon.
- The candidate must confirm the seat in the respective college by paying the 1st semester fees.
Documents to be submitted at the time of application
- SSLC/10th standard Mark sheet
- 12th standard Mark sheet.
- Qualifying examination mark card of the candidate.
- Study certificate of the candidate.
- If a candidate belongs to the reservation category then documents supporting the same should be submitted. (caste/income certificate)
- If the parents of the candidate have studied in the state of Karnataka for a minimum of 7 years, then a certificate of the parents from the institution they have studied must be submitted.
Documents to be attested during the time of Document Verification
- Final printout of the application form.
- Proof for having paid the fees.
- ‘PGCET 2021’ Admission Ticket
- SSLC / 10th Standard / Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- 12th Standard/ Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Qualifying Degree Marks Cards of all the Years / Semesters
- For Part-time MBA, a minimum of 3 years of experience certificate.
|For General and OBC category||INR 650|
|For SC/ST and Karnataka 1 category||INR 500|
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Exam Pattern
- The total numbers of questions are 100. There are 4 sections, each section contains 25 questions.
- The exam is based on MCQ pattern. Thus each question has 4 options. Every candidate must choose only one option and mark the same on the given OMR sheet.
- For every right answer, 1 mark will be awarded. No negative marking for wrong answers.
- The paper should be completed within 2 hours.
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus of MBA courses in colleges/ universities in Karnataka is as follows:
|Proficiency in English Language||Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitution, Idioms and phrases. Pairs expressing relationships, Grammar, Famous Books in English Literature, Sentence Correction|
|General Knowledge||Puzzles, Diagrams, Analogy, Logic, Verbal Ability, Analytical Ability and Related Aspects|
|Test of Reasoning and General||Indian Business Environment, Global Environment, Social Events, Cultural Events, Economics, Management, Political Events, Historical Events, Current Affairs, Sports, Awards, Personalities and Achievements, Science and Technology, Humanities|
|Quantitative Analysis||Data Analysis and Interpretation, Statistics, Related Quantitative Aspects|
Karnataka MBA Admissions 2021: Counselling and Result
- The merit list will be declared on the official website.
- The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the PGCET exam.
- On the basis of the merit list, the counselling process will be conducted. The candidate has to choose the colleges he wants.
- Two counselling processes are conducted.
- Allotment of seats depends entirely on the priority of options given by the candidates as per the merit/rank.
- The candidate must confirm the seat and the allocated college before the last day.
- The dates for counselling are yet to be notified.
Karnataka MBA Admissions: Allocation of Seats
- The computer starts the allotment with the Physically Disabled persons / Ex-defence as per their rank and options
- All Reserved category candidates will first be considered for allotment in General Merit as per their merit and rank and as per the options given by them.
- After the General Merit seats are exhausted the candidate belonging to the respective categories will be allotted the seats in their respective category as per their rank and as per the options given by them.
Karnataka MBA Admissions: Reservation of Seats
Seats are reserved for the following candidates
- Ex-Defence Special category
- Physically Disabled Special category
- Reserved category candidates (ONLY FOR KARNATAKA CANDIDATES)
- 70% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka MBA Admissions: Participating colleges
List of Participating colleges for Karnataka MBA Admissions is mentioned below:
Karnataka MBA Admissions: FAQs
Ques. Which seats are available in the second counselling?
Ans. The following seats are available for Karnataka MBA Admissions:
- Un-allotted seats of First Round.
- Newly Added seats, if any.
- Cancelled / Surrendered Seats.
- Choice 3 and Choice 4 Seats.
- Choice 1 and 2 seats – Not paid the fees.
- Consequential Vacancies.
Ques. What are the instructions for the exam?
Ans. The exam is MCQ based, which should be filled in OMR Sheet. The paper should be written in black/blue pen only.
Ques. How should the payment be done for the application fee?
Ans. The step-by-step process for the payment of application fee is given below:
- Candidate has to download/print the Challan of specified Bank from the KEA Website which is in Triplicate. (Banks will be notified by KEA)
- In the Challan, the details of the candidate will be pre-printed, such as Name, PGCET No, College / Course Allotted details, Fee to be paid, Bank Account Number.
- Candidate has to confirm the printed details and affix the signature on the Challan.
- After downloading the Challan, the candidate has to pay the prescribed fee in any nearest branch of that Bank for which challan is downloaded.
Ques. How many colleges participate in the exam?
Ans. All the government, private and deemed institutions participate in the process. Some of the top colleges are mentioned above.