Uttar Pradesh alone is the home to a number of top colleges and universities across various verticles in India. It has many reputed colleges that offers MBA programmes to students. Students pursue their management degrees in their respective field with specialisation.
Admissions via various entrance exams have started in the state. Students are selected for MBA courses both on the basis of merit and on the basis of entrance exams.
The minimum eligibility required for Admission in MBA colleges in UP are:
- Students should clear their Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject from a recognised university
- They should score minimum 50% or above aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA to be able to apply for any MBA course
Check Top MBA Entrance Exams
UP MBA Admission: Important Dates
UP MBA admissions have been started based on the UPSEE, CAT, MAT scores.
|Exam Details||UPSEE 2021||CAT 2021||MAT 2021|
|Start Of Registration||January 16 – July 6, 2021||To be notified||Closed|
|Exam Date||Postponed||To be notified||
PBT/ CBT - June 26, 2021
|Availability of Admit Card||To be notified||To be notified||June 23, 2021|
|Result Date||July 2021||To be notified||To be notified|
UP MBA Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria to be followed before proceeding to fill the application form are:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate should hold Bachelor degree from any recognised board/University
- Candidate should have a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation(SC/ST 45% minimum)
- Final year students can also apply, however their admission will be probationary till their final results are declared, which is thereby subject to change.
UP MBA Admission 2021: Selection Procedure
Selection Procedure for the candidates those who fulfil the Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- Candidates, who will qualify the written examinations will only be called for the counselling process. Choice filling and selecting specialisation will be done in counselling round.
- Candidates also have to appear for GD and PI round after the written examination. Documents verification will be done at the time of counselling.
- Allotment of seats will be done based on their rank in the respective entrance test. Candidates should report to the allotted institution.
- Entrance Exam Admit Card
- Entrance Exam Score Card
- Bachelor Degree Marksheet
- Bachelor degree provisional Certificates
- 10th,12th Marksheet and passing certificate
- Category certificate(If Applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
UP MBA Admission 2021: Exam Pattern
The exams through which the students can get admission in MBA course in UP are:
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam(UPSEE)
- CAT(Common Admission Test
- MAT(Management Aptitude Test)
- XAT(Xavier Aptitude Test)
- CMAT(Common Management Admission Test)
- ATMA(AIMS Test For Management Admissions)
The Exam Pattern differs as per the type of examination respectively:
|Exam||Duration||Total No. Of Questions||Marks per question||Negative Marking||No. Of Sections|
|UPSEE 2021||120 minutes||100||4 marks||No Negative Marking||Three|
|CAT 2021||120 minutes||100||3 marks||1 mark||Three|
|XAT 2021||180 minutes||Differ every year||1 mark||0.25 mark||Four|
|MAT 2021||150 minutes||200||1 mark||0.25 mark||Five|
|ATMA 2021||180 minutes||180||1 mark||0.25 mark||Six|
|CMAT 2021||180 minutes||100||4 marks||1 mark||Four|
UP MBA Admission: Results
|Exam Name||Result Date|
|UPSEE||To be notified|
|CAT||To be notified|
|MAT||To be notified|
UP MBA Admission: Counselling Process
Counselling Process differs from college to college. The common procedure that is followed in the counselling is the verification of documents.
UPSEE 2021 Seat Allotment & Counselling
There are total five round counselling in UPSEE exams. Seat allotment is on the basis of merit obtained by the candidate, selected preferences by the candidate and availability of seats.
UPSEE 2020: How to check the seat allotment
Candidates can follow the following steps to check the seats allotted:
- Step 1: Open the official website of UPSEE 2020
- Step 2: Click on the link for Seat Allotment
- Step 3: The candidate has to enter their UPSEE 2020 Enrollment number and password.
- Step 4: Click on “Login” button
- Step 5: Seat allotment status will appear on the screen.
The table below presents the seat allotment details to take into account during counselling :
|Counselling Rounds||Seats Allotment Details|
UP MBA Reservation Criteria
The table below depicts the overall reservation criteria various UP MBA Exams:
|Entrance Exam||Reserved Categories||Percentage of Seat Reserved|
|UPSEE||SC of UP||21%|
|ST of UP||2%|
|OBC of UP||27%|
|Dependent on freedom fighters||2%|
Note: Apart from the exams mentioned in the above table, other entrance exams such as XAT, MAT and ATMA, do not offer any reservations.
UP MBA Admission 2021 Participating Colleges
Here is the list of the top MBA colleges in UP:
|Participating Colleges||Fees (1st Year)|
|Moradabad Institute of Technology||INR 1.12 Lakhs|
|Amity Business School, Noida||INR 5.88 Lakhs|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow||INR 4.95 Lakhs|
|IIMT University, Meerut||INR 1.08 Lakhs|
|Shobhit University, Meerut||INR 1.32 Lakhs|
|Invertis University, Bareilly||INR 1.35 Lakhs|
|Integral University, Lucknow||INR 1.25 Lakhs|
|Indus Business Academy, Greater Noida||INR 3.27 Lakhs|
|Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur||INR 1.45 Lakhs|
|Galgotias University, Greater Noida||INR 1.59 Lakhs|
|Institute of Management and Research(IMR), Ghaziabad||INR 1.12 Lakhs|
|Sharda University, Greater Noida||INR 2.6 Lakhs|
|KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad||INR 1.43 Lakhs|
|Banaras Hindu University-Institute of Management Studies||INR 50,000|
|Maharishi University, Lucknow||INR 80,000|
UP MBA 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is UP a better option to pursue MBA course?
Ans. Yes, UP is one of the best options to pursue your management course. As UP consists of some excellent quality colleges that offer good education and provide you with excellence in your specified area.
Ques. Do UP colleges offer specialisation in respective fields?
Ans. Yes, UP colleges offer specialisation in their respective courses.
Ques. Do UPSEE exams hold any reservation Criteria?
Ans. Yes, UPSEE holds reservation Criteria in different categories. For reservation related queries refer to the reservation table.
Ques. How many colleges participate in UP for MBA courses?
Ans. There are 17 colleges in UP that participate in admitting students for the MBA course.
Ques. What is the minimum Eligibility Criteria?
Ans. Minimum Eligibility Criteria is graduation with 50% marks for General candidates and 45% for SC/ST.