MDS Admission 2021 is based on the score obtained in the NEET MDS 2021. You should have scored nearly 50% aggregate marks in BDS course. AIIMS and Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Science are the top colleges offering MDS courses.
- NEET MDS is the only entrance exam conducted for admission into MDS course.
- NEET MDS cut off for general category students is 259, and 227 for SC/ST/OBC students.
- MDS course is a study of dental and oral hygiene, prevention, cure, anatomy, rehabilitation, and intervention.
- The average fee of government colleges for MDS is INR 2,000 to 5,000.
- Subjects taught in the MDS course are Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Operative Dentistry, and Periodontology & Oral Implantology, etc.
- MDS courses can be pursued in 9 different specializations such as MDS Orthodontics, MDS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MDS Prosthodontics, MDS Oral Pathology, etc.
MDS Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed BDS from an MCI affiliated and recognized Dental college of India.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates with a 2 year long, PG Diploma in Dental Surgery, as recognized by the Dental Council of India, are also eligible for this course.
- As additional criteria, colleges like Manipal College of Dental Science also demand a one-year internship after successful completion of BDS as their prerequisite to admission in the MDS course.
MDS Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Schedule
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date||Exam Result|
|NEET MDS 2022||October 2021||December 2021||December 2021|
NDE conducts the NEET MDS exam for admission in the MDS course. It is a 3 hours long exam with 240 questions of MCQ type. For every correct answer, 4 marks are awarded and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- All the candidates should get a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in BDS
- Candidates must qualify the NEET MDS exam.
- Must have a one-year internship in a recognized dental college.
- No age limit
- Visit the official website of admission.
- Students must register their names by entering valid email id and password.
- Must fill all the columns and upload personal and educational documents.
- Payment of fees can be made online only via NEFT.
- Admit cards will be available online 3 days before the exam day.
- Students will get their results on the NEET MDS website.
- Once the counselling process completed, the admission process will start
Top MDS Colleges in India
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||Entrance Exam||INR 2,027|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi||Entrance Exam||INR 2,809|
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore||Entrance Exam||INR 17,60,000|
|AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore||Entrance Exam||INR 10,08,000|
|Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata||NEET based||INR 18,000|
MDS Admission 2021: Syllabus
The syllabus for NEET MDS entrance exam is mentioned in the table below:
|Oral Histology||General Human Physiology|
|General Pharmacology||General Microbiology|
|General Medicine and Surgery||Dental Anatomy|
|Dental Materials||Oral Pathology|
|Oral Pathology||Crown & Bridge and Prosthodontics|
|Preventive Dentistry||Conservative Dentistry|
|Pedodontics||Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery|
|Dentofacial Orthopedics||Public Health Dentistry|
MDS Admission 2021: Application Process
The only way to get admission into MDS course is to qualify NEET MDS exam. The procedures for admission are as follows:-
- Visit the official website of NEET MDS.
- Check the eligibility criteria and read the instructions carefully.
- The admission process starts with online registration. Students should submit their application form for the entrance examination online.
- Enter the required information and uploaded the necessary documents.
- Pay registration fees.
- Download the confirmation letter and save it for future use.
MDS Admission 2021: A Step-wise Guide to Admission Process
A step by step guide to the MBA Admission process is mentioned below:-
- Check the Eligibility Criteria
- An aspirant should be 20 years old.
- An applicant must have passed the BDS course.
- Fill the Application Form
- ?Visit the official website and click on NEET MDS 2022 to start the registration process.
- Enter your name, date of birth, email ID, and contact details.
- An Application number and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Upload Necessary Documents
- Students have to upload the scanned signature, left thumb impression and photograph in a prescribed format.
- Pay Fees
- Pay the registration fees to complete the registration process.
- The application fee for general category candidates and SC/ST/PWD is INR 3,750 & INR 2,750 respectively.
- The Final selection is based on the scores obtained in the entrance exam and the BDS exam.
MDS Admission 2021: Tips to Crack the Exam
Aspirants who wish to pursue MDS course should follow the tips mentioned below:-
- Do not waste unnecessary time on an uncertain question.
- Cover the entire BDS syllabus. Most of the questions are asked from this syllabus.
- Learn time organization. Practice regularly and appear in mock tests to learn time management.
- Practice sample paper and previous year question papers.
- Try to answer the questions in less than a minute. First, try to solve the easy questions and then come to difficult questions.
MDS Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. What is the total duration of the MDS course?
Ans. The total duration of the MDS course is 3 years.
Ques. What is the admission process for pursuing an MDS course?
Ans. The admission process is based on the scores of the entrance exam and marks obtained by the student in the BDS examination.
Ques. What is the average annual salary in an MDS course?
Ans. The average annual salary of a fresher in an MDS course is around INR 5, 00,000
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required for pursuing admission in an MDS course?
Ans. An aggregate 50% of marks in BDS is required for pursuing admission in the MDS course.
Ques. Is distance learning available for this MDS course?
Ans. No, distance learning is not available for pursuing an MDS course.
Ques. What are the basic eligibility criteria for pursuing an MDS course?
Ans. A student must complete BDS from any recognized dental medical college for pursuing an MDS course.
Ques. Does the MDS course is similar to the MBBS course?
Ans. No, the MDS course is not similar to the MBBS course.MDS course is specialized in dental surgery.
Ques. Should I appear for any entrance exams for pursuing the MDS course?
Ans. Yes, for pursuing admission in the MDS course students must appear in entrance examinations.
Ques. Does pursuing this course is costly?
Ans. If you choose to pursue this course from a government dental college then the MDS course is not costly. The admission fees range around INR 2,000- 10,000 per annum. However, MDS courses from private dental colleges are a bit costly with admission fees ranging from INR 15,00,000-INR to 17,00,000 per annum.