ME Computer Engineering is a 2-year long specialization post-graduate program focused on the design, implementation, and management of information systems of both software & hardware processes.
The eligibility criteria for candidates to apply for ME Computer Engineering is the candidate should have a bachelor degree in a relevant field with 55% aggregate marks from a recognised AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or equivalent government body.
DY College of Engineering, Chandigarh University, Sri Ramkrishna Institute of Technology, and Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology are some of the top colleges that offer ME in Computer Engineering. The average annual fee for the course ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 1.80lakhs depending on the college.
The job profiles offered to ME in Computer Engineering candidates post completion of the course are Big Data Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Blockchain Developer/Engineer and Software Developer. Some of the top recruiting companies are Google, Hewlett-Packard, Apple, ASUSTEK Computer Inc, NEC Corporation, etc. The average annual salary offered to the candidates after completing ME in Computer Engineering is INR 5 lakhs.
|Note: Know the Details About TANCET- Dates, Eligibility, Admission Process|
ME Computer Engineering : Course Highlight
|Course Level||Post-Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form||Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering|
|Duration||2 Years (Full-Time)|
|Examination type||Online and Offline Entrance Test|
|Eligibility||Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of Engineering or equivalent with at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination|
ME Computer Engineering: Admission Process
The admission for ME Computer Science is based on entrance exams which are conducted by the institutes individually or the score of the GATE exam which is conducted at a national level and based on the scores and ranks the students are selected for the course.
How to apply for the ME Computer Engineering course?
It is very easy to apply for ME Computer Engineering in any of the good universities across the country. Here, we have presented to you some of the important steps that you can not skip while applying for the same subject.
- Most of the colleges that offer ME Computer Engineering as a course need GATE results for admission. The scores and rank of GATE are essential for the selection process as the cut-off list of students is released based on it.
- The students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply through online or offline mode and pay the registration fee after duly filling the form and uploading the required documents for the same.
- After registering the students need to provide their GATE/TANCET scores for the admission process.
- Once the cut-off list of the college is declared the students on the merit list need to reach out to the college for counselling.
- After the counselling, the students need to pay the first instalment of the semester fee for the course and complete the joining registration process.
ME Computer Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for students to apply for ME Computer Engineering are similar in most of the institutes offering the course.
- The students should have scored an aggregate of 55% in the bachelor degree course in the relevant field from AICTE or Government approved colleges.
- The student should have passed in all subjects in the bachelor degree course and should not have any back papers
- The student must have appeared in the respective entrance exam which is GATE/TANCET/CUCET/PGCET and secured marks within the cut-off list of the respective colleges to be eligible for admission in the program.
- The final selection of the candidate for the program will be based on the merit list of the respective entrance exams.
ME Computer Engineering Entrance Exams
The details of entrance exams conducted by different institutes are mentioned in the following table.
|Exam Name||Application Dates||Exam Dates|
|CUCET (Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test)||March 2022||May 2022|
|GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)||October 2021||February 2022|
|TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)||January 2021||March 2022|
|PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test)||March 2022||June, 2022|
Tips for ME Computer Engineering Entrance Exams?
The students preparing for the respective entrance exams of the colleges they want to apply for need to keep the following tips in mind.
- The subjects in the exams will be based on the subjects of bachelor degree course which the student has completed in the relevant field The students must go through the syllabus provided by the examination body well for the preparation of the same.
- The reference books recommended by experts are important as they contain questions of previous years and sample papers for practice which is good for entrance exams preparation.
- Go through the details of the exams provided by the respective institute for reference to understand better what to prepare.
- Attempting the sample papers of previous year exams and Mock tests is an important step in preparing for the entrance exams as the students can work on improving the time taken for answering questions.
- Prepare short notes for quick revision to save time and help understand the concepts better.
How to Get Admission in a Good College with ME Computer Engineering?
Across the country there are many good colleges for ME Computer Engineering but only a handful of them are great.
- For the students to get into a good college they need to prepare well for the entrance exams as the basis of selection for ME Computer Engineering is based on the merit list of the exam results.
- The students can seek help by using online and offline sources to prepare for the entrance test.
- Understanding the guidelines and syllabus of the exams are key to getting admission to a good college.
- The students can also take coaching classes to prepare for the entrance exams.
Top Colleges for ME Computer Engineering
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|D Y College of Engineering, Pune||INR 1.21 lakhs|
|Chandigarh University||INR 40,000|
|Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Technology, Coimbatore||INR 50,000|
|Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore||INR 20,000|
|Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad||INR 1.80 lakhs|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune||INR 1.04 lakhs|
|Anna University, Chennai||INR 60,000|
ME Computer Engineering Top College Comparison
|Parameters||D Y College of Engineering||Chandigarh University||Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Technology|
|Overview||The college is approved by AICTE and is Recognized by the Directorate of Technical Education and has excellent & ambient infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories.||The university has been awarded the prestigious A+ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) making it a prestigious Higher Educational Institution.||The institution is known as one of the leaders in Engineering Education, Research, and Application of knowledge in the country.|
|India Today Ranking||71||76||131|
|Average Fee||INR 1.21lakhs||INR 40,000||INR 50,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5 lakhs||INR 5 lakhs||INR 4 lakhs|
|Top Recruiters||CapGemini, Cognizant, IBM, TCS, Toshiba Software||Microsoft, IBM, SAP Labs, Hewlett Packard||Wipro, ADP, Aspire Systems, Cethar Soft, CSS Corp|
Why ME Computer Engineering Course?
ME in Computer Engineering is a majorly theory-based course where the knowledge is imparted to students. In M.Tech Computer Science the course is designed to aid the learning through the technology and the theory is not as much as there is in ME in Computer Engineering.
- ME Computer Engineering is a specialized program that is focussed on educating, training and developing the knowledge of students for the computer engineering industry.
- The students can work in MNCs and get good work opportunities post completion of the course.
- The students are industry-ready after the completion of the course and are equipped with the relevant skills required to be successful.
ME Computer Engineering vs M.Tech Computer Science
ME Computer Engineering is a knowledge oriented course whereas M.Tech Computer Science is a skill oriented course. M.Tech students can opt for a career as a technologist since the course is based on both theory and practical knowledge. ME in Computer Engineering course is focussed on critical thinking and problem solving whereas M.Tech in Computer Science is about leadership and management of technological revolutionization.
|Parameters||ME Computer Engineering||M.Tech Computer Science|
|Name of Course||Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering||Master of Technology in Computer Science|
|Overview||ME Computer Engineering is a knowledge-oriented course||whereas M.Tech Computer Science is a skill-oriented course|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exams||Entrance Exams|
|Average Annual Course Fee||INR 20,000 - 1.80lakhs||INR 1 lakh - 3 lakhs|
|Eligibility||Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of Engineering or equivalent with at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination||Passed BTech/BE Computer Science or Equivalent with Minimum 50% Aggregate Score|
|Job Profile||Big Data Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Blockchain Developer/Engineer||Web Developer, System Designer, Network Specialist, IT Consultant, Technical Analyst|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5.00 lakhs||INR 4.50 lakhs|
ME Computer Engineering Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Algorithms||Operating System Design|
|High Performance Databases||Software Design and Architecture|
|Advanced Computer Architecture||Advanced Computer Networks|
|Research Methodology||Elective –II|
|Elective –I||Laboratory Practice-II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Seminar –II||Dissertation Stage – II|
|Dissertation Stage – I||-|
ME Computer Engineering Important books with authors
|Name of the book||Author|
|SOA Using Java™ Web Services||Mark D. Hansen|
|SOA Design Pattern||Thomas Erl PHI|
|Web service contract Design & Versioning for SOA||Thomas Erl PHI|
|SOA with .NET||Raj balasubhramaniam Prentice Hall|
|Quantum Computing without Magic||Zdzis_law Meglicki|
|Quantum Computing Explained||DAVID McMAHON|
|Quantum Computer Science||Marco Lanzagorta, Jeffrey Uhlmann|
|Introduction to Algorithms||Thomas H. Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest & Stein|
ME Computer Engineering: Job Prospects and Career Options
Employment opportunities are expected to stay pace with continuing rapid advances resulting in increased demand for competent and versatile postgraduates who can design and implement innovative solutions for the computer engineering industry generally. The course aims to enable students to satisfy this demand. Post completion of the course the students have wide ranges of employment opportunities which are available in different industries.
|Name of Job Profile||Average salary in INR|
|Big Data Engineer||INR 8.30lakhs|
|Machine Learning Engineer||INR 6.71lakhs|
|Data Scientist||INR 6.98lakhs|
|Data Analyst||INR 6.35lakhs|
|Blockchain Developer/Engineer||INR 8.00lakhs|
|Software Developer||INR 4.97lakhs|
Big Data Engineer - The roles and responsibilities include building, testing, and maintaining scalable Big Data ecosystems for the businesses so that the Data Scientists can run their algorithms on stable and optimized data systems
Machine Learning Engineer - In this job the engineer specialize in designing and building intelligent machines and systems that can learn from experience and perform human-like tasks with minimal or no human supervision
Data Scientist - The role is about creating value from complex data.
Data Analyst - The role includes in collecting relevant data from disparate sources and present the findings in ways that can be understood by all the stakeholders involved in a project
Blockchain Developer/Engineer - The Engineers handle and oversee the complete life cycles of Blockchain applications, right from research and analysis to their design and execution.
Software Developer - The responsibility is to create innovative software programs and applications with unique use cases and functionalities that cater to specific customer needs.
ME in Computer Engineering Future Scopes
ME in Computer Engineering FAQs
Ques. What are the opportunities post completion of ME in Computer Engineering?
Ans. The students can get jobs with MNCs as Big Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Software Engineer and more relevant job roles. The students get the skills and knowledge to analyse and improve the current processes and find solutions to real-life problems.
Ques. Do I need to give GATE for admission or can it be merit-based?
Ans. The admission criteria in colleges offering the course are based on the result and scores of GATE/TANCET/CUCET exams which are conducted for students who want to apply for post-graduate courses in engineering.
Ques. Do all Science and technology institutes provide ME in Computer Engineering?
Ans. No, not all science and technology institutes provide courses in ME Computer Engineering but some institutes that are offering the program select the students based on the scores of entrance exams.
Ques. What are the global opportunities post-completion of the course?
Ans. The students can get placed with global companies and gain experience in the global work culture post completion of ME in Computer Engineering. The students can also pursue their further education abroad after completion of the postgraduate course.
Ques. Will I get placed after completion of the course ME in Computer Engineering?
And. The colleges that offer the course ME in Computer Engineering provide good placement opportunities to the students with reputed companies. The students can work in industry renowned organizations like HP, Dell, Google, Apple.
Ques. What all industries hire students of ME in Computer Engineering?
Ans. After completing ME in a Computer Engineering course, the students may work in areas like Software and IT Companies, Telecommunications Industries, Computer Networking Companies, Software Development Companies, Automotive Industries, Aerospace Companies, Schools, and Colleges.
Ques. Can I pursue the course after 2 years in a job or can it only be pursued after a bachelor’s degree?
Ans. The eligibility criteria to apply for the course requires the candidate to have completed bachelor degree in the relevant subject with an aggregate of 55% marks. The candidate needs to give the entrance exam GATE as the score of this is mandatory for admission in ME in Computer Engineering.
Ques. Can I pursue this course with a Job?
Ans. ME in Computer Engineering is a 2 year-long full-time course and requires the students to be present for regular classes. The course cannot be pursued with a job as the course requires the attention and time of the candidates to educate.
Ques. What are the subjects that will be covered in ME in Computer Engineering?
Ans. The subjects that will be covered in ME in Computer Engineering would be Applied Algorithms, High-Performance Databases, Advance Computer Architecture and more subjects related to the field of Computer Engineering.
Ques. Can I pursue my Ph.D. post completion of ME in Computer Engineering?
Ans. The students can pursue Ph.D. from universities in India as well as abroad post completion of ME in Computer Engineering. The course ME in Computer Engineering is a postgraduate course after which if the students want to continue their further education they can do so.