Table of Contents
AIIMS MBBS 2020 (Replaced by NEET), Exam Dates and Admission
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has announced AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates for the academic session 2020. AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be held on May 30 and 31 in online mode. AIIMS MBBS is conducted for admission to MBBS program offered by 15 AIIMS campuses in India.
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration will tentatively be open from November 30, 2019.
- Aspirants must check the eligibility before applying for the exam.
- AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern consists of 200 MCQ from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude, and Logical Thinking.
- In 2019, a total of 3,38,457 students comprising of 1,57,488 females, 1,80,934 males and 35 transgenders competed for 1207 AIIMS MBBS seats. Check AIIMS MBBS Cutoff
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS 2020
|Exam Name||AIIMS MBBS|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||May 30 – 31, 2020|
|Eligibility Criteria||Aggregate of 60% required in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2 boards|
|Must have attained 17 years of age – Check AIIMS MBBS Eligibility|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||1207|
|AIIMS MBBS Helplineemail@example.com | 1800117898|
AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates 2020
The medical aspirants must be fully aware of AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Dates. The same is given in the table below:
|AIIMS MBBS Basic Registration||November 30, 2019 – January 14, 2020|
|Uploading of Prospectus||January 29, 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS Final Registration||February 21 – March 12, 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS Admit Card||May 15, 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Date||May 30 - 31, 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS Result 2020||June 12, 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS 2020 – Counselling commences||July – October 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||August 1, 2020|
Check AIIMS MBBS 2020 Schedule
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2020
Candidates must fulfill AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. Following are some of the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects.
- 60% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 50% to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
AIIMS MBBS Reservation Criteria 2020
A certain percentage of seats in AIIMS are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates. In the six new AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh) with intake of 100 students each and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur and Guntur the reservation policy followed is tabulated below :
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27|
|People with Benchmark Disability (PWBD)||5|
- In AIIMS Delhi, there are 100 seats for Indian Nationals and 7 for Foreign Nationals
- If SC/ ST seats remain vacant, they shall be converted to general category seats.
Given below are details regarding the number of seats in all the participating institutes:
AIIMS MBBS Registration 2020
AIIMS has revised the entire form filling procedure. From this year, it will be a two-stage process comprising of:
- Basic Registration: to be tentatively open from November 30 – January 14.
- Final Registration: formalities of this stage involve paying for the exam, choosing the exam center etc.
The application fee for general and OBC categories is INR 1500 and for SC/ST candidates is INR 800. The process to fill AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form is completely online.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020?
From this year, the institute has revised the entire registration process for the examination. It will be a two-stage process comprising of –
AIIMS Basic Registration
- Visit the official website if AIIMS MBBS i.e. aiimsexams.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab
- Enter all the basic details in the given format.
- Upload photo and signature after scanning
In this stage, candidates are not required to make the payment for the exam.
AIIMS Final Registration
Once the basic registration is complete, a code for final registration will be issued to the registrants. Use the same to login again and fill the form which will be released about three months ahead of AIIMS MBBS Exam along with the prospectus.
In this candidates are required to fill out the entire details of their personal, professional and academic background. Also, they will have to remit the application fee as per their category.
- Make payment of your application fee in online mode or via bank challan
- Recheck the filled AIIMS application form and take multiple printouts for future use.
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
Release of Admit Card 2020: May 15, 2020 onwards
Candidates who successfully register for AIIMS MBBS 2020 are issued their admit card in online mode. Enter your application number and password to access the document. It will inform about the venue, time and shift of the exam.
Steps to Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card
- Visit the official website of aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link for ‘AIIMS MBBS Admit card’
- Enter the Application Number and Password in the log-in page.
- Ensure all the details are correct and then enter “Submit”
- View the admit card and verify the details present on it.
- Download or take two to three printouts of the AIIMS MBBS Admit Card for further processes.
After downloading the AIIMS MBBS 2020 admit card, candidates are advised to
- Verify all the entries in the admit card such as name, address, exam roll number, photograph, signature, allotted exam centre, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of admission process, as it will be required at the time of AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling for identity verification.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Centers 2020
- Candidates can choose their AIIMS MBBS Exam Center at time of final registration.
- The allocation of venue will be on the basis of availability of seats.
- Decision of AIIMS regarding allotment of centers, day and shift shall be final.
The AIIMS MBBS Exam is conducted in almost 153 centers in some of the major cities indicated in the map:
Note: Although AIIMS will make all efforts to ensure that candidates get their choice of exam venue, due to circumstances such as lack of a sufficient number of candidates, logistic, administrative and other reasons, an exam center in another city may be allotted finally.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Date: May 30 and May 31, 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam will be online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) with questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The questions will cover mostly 11th & 12th class syllabus.
Sectional Distribution in AIIMS MBBS
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2020
Candidates who are seeking admission for MBBS should know about the complete AIIMS Syllabus mentioned below:
|Physics||Circular Motion, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, Nuclear Physics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics., Solids, Wave Motion: Optics|
|Chemistry||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matte|
|Zoology||Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System|
|Botany||Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals., Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development., Botany and Human Welfare, History, Importance, Factors and mechanism, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Transpiration and respiration, Tropic and turgor movements, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events, Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History etc|
AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Answer Keys are released online. Answer Keys are available separately for all the subjects. Candidates can use the answer keys for the following reasons:
- To know the correct answer to the questions asked in the examination
- It is required to know the solving steps and answers for the questions
- To compare their answers with the actual answer
AIIMS MBBS Result 2020
AIIMS 2020 Result Date: June 12 onwards
AIIMS, New Delhi will release the results via online mode on June 12, 2020. The results are declared in the form of scores and percentile secured by the candidate in AIIMS MBBS 2020. Enter your candidate ID and password to access AIIMS MBBS Results. The Institute will not intimate unsuccessful candidates individually regarding the result of the test. However, the marks/ percentile scores of an individual candidate are available on AIIMS website.
Steps to Check Scores and Percentile:
Step 1: Log on to the official website of AIIMS, aiimsexams.org
Step 2: Click on the link “Result of AIIMS 2020”.
Step 3: Candidates will be required to fill in the asked details, i.e. Candidate ID, Password and a security pin.
Step 4: Loginafter filling and rechecking the details.
Step 5: The result will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Download AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result and print it out for a further procedure of admission.
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2020
The cutoff score is the minimum score which has to be secured by a candidate to get admission in AIIMS. As per the AIIMS MBBS 2020 qualifying criteria,
- Cutoff for general category candidates will be 50% while for OBC candidates, it will be 45%.
- The cut off will be determined on the basis of percentile as the examination will be held in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure will be used for determining the qualifying criteria.
The cut off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|Category||AIIMS Cut off Marks|
AIIMS MBBS Selection Process 2020
Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective AIIMS to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective Institute.
Based on the result of the competitive entrance examination, merit lists will be prepared. Inter se merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination will be determined in order of preference as described below:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in the entrance examination.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
Note: The selected candidates will have to undergo a medical examination that will be set up by the Institute. If a candidate is found medically unfit, he/she will be rejected. In that case, the next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling is the last round of the selection process.
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling will commence from July 2, 2020 onwards.
- Merit list will be prepared category-wise on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam.
- Applicants are invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
Candidates are required to carry the following documents at the time of the counselling process:
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning Date of Birth
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
Candidates should also carry following certificates, if applicable:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).
Names of AIIMS 2020
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bathinda
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhopal
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhubaneswar
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Deogarh
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Gorakhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Jodhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Kalyani
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Raipur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rae Bareli
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Mangalagiri
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nagpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Telangana
AIIMS MBBS 2020 FAQs
Ques. Where can I access the prospectus for AIIMS MBBS 2020?
Ans. You can access it on the official website aiimsexams.org. No hard copies of the prospectus will be available.
Ques. Do I have to mention my choice of AIIMS while filling the form?
Ans. No. This will be done only during the counselling procedure.
Ques. What is the last date to fill the form?
Ans. From this year, there will be two stages in the registration for AIIMS MBBS. The last date to finish AIIMS Basic Registration is January 14, 2020 and for AIIMS Final Registration it is March 12, 2020.
Ques. Do I need to upload any documents while filling the form?
Ans. Candidates only have to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature and thumb impression while filling the AIIMS MBBS application form.
Ques. How can I check the status of my application?
Ans. Once you log in to your account, the status of your application will be visible on the dashboard after a week of registering.
Ques. Why did the registration process change in AIIMS MBBS 2020?
Ans. From past experience, it was been found that a majority of rejections were due to improper filling of details other than educational qualifications.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College