The registration for the medical entrance exam began on November 30. AIIMS New Delhi has revised AIIMS MBBS Registration process. From this year, it will be a two-stage process comprising of:
|Stage||Start Date||Close Date|
|Basic Registration||November 30, 2018||January 3, 2019|
|Final Registration||February 2, 2019||March 12, 2019|
- Exam Date: AIIMS MBBS 2019 is scheduled for May 25 and 26, in two shifts.
- Form Correction: Provision to make corrections in the form and can be availed for a stipulated time period.
- Exam Pattern: The CBT exam will have 200 MCQs from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. Check AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility
In order to apply for the exam, candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS:
Eligibility for Basic Registration
- Passed / appearing / appeared in 12th class examination (in 10+2 scheme) or its equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.
Eligibility for MBBS Course
- Those who secure an aggregate of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST, 45% for OPH) in the main subjects in in 10+2 scheme and fulfil other eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must be 17 years of age as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2019).
- Candidates born after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to apply.
Note: Foreign Candidates nominated by the Government of India do NOT have to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2019.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) can apply through the same procedure but they must submit a proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
- Foreign candidates are not required to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2019.
Check detailed AIIMS Eligibility
How to fill AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Form?
From past experience, it has been found that a majority of rejections were due to the improper filling of details other than educational qualifications. In order to amend the same, AIIMS has introduced these two- stages. Read on!
Stage 1: AIIMS MBBS Basic Registration
- Interested candidates can initially register by filling basic details and uploading images almost six months in advance.
- These particulars and images will be screened, there would be adequate time to correct or edit any errors.
- Candidates will be informed whether their registration is accepted, and their details will be stored with an unique identification number.
- Thus, candidates will not be subjected to the pressures of last minute rush and the fear of rejection of applications without any time left to make amends.
- Application Fee: Basic Registration process is free of any charges and thus no payment shall be collected at this stage.
- Since applicants may not have completed their eligibility of examinations etc, certain details may not be collected at the time of Basic Registration.
Steps to Register are:
- Visit the official website if AIIMS MBBS i.e. www.aiimsexams.org
- Select the option ‘Academic Courses’ and click on the desired course.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab
- Enter all the basic details in the given format.
- Upload photo and signature after scanning
- After this, ‘Submit’ the form.
Upload scanned images of your recent, passport-sized photograph, signature, and left thumb impression. Images once uploaded cannot be changed later.
|Scanned Images||File Format||Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG/||50 to 100 KB||35mm X 45 mm|
|Signature||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||60mm X 30 mm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||40mm X 30 mm|
Check Specifications for uploading Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression
Note: At a specified time prior to the entrance examination the Basic Registration process will be closed and no further applications will be allowed. Prospectus with Examination city will be uploaded before start of Final Registration. Stay Tuned!
Stage 2: AIIMS MBBS Final Registration
- Applicants who have completed Basic Registration can decide to either appear for AIIMS MBBS of this year or subsequently.
- In case, an applicant does not wish to appear this year, he/she need not proceed to fill Final Registration but his/her Basic Registration details will be stored and will be valid for the subsequent year.
- In case the applicant desires to take the examination as announced, he/she can proceed for Final Registration.
Note: Please note that rejected Basic Registration applicants are not eligible to proceed for Final Registration.
- In Final Registration, fill the remaining details such as qualification details, choose the available city for examination and make the necessary payments.
- These applicants will be issued their AIIMS MBBS Admit Cards from May 15 onwards.
AIIMS MBBS Application Fee
The next stage is of making payment in the online mode only. Make the payment through Credit/Debit card or Net Banking. Next, click on ‘Proceed’. Application Fee varies according to candidates’ categories. Read all its details below:
- The application fee for AIIMS is INR 1000 + Transaction Charges (as applicable) for General category candidates.
- The application fee for AIIMS is INR 1000 + Transaction Charges (as applicable) for OBC (both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers) category candidates.
- The application fee for AIIMS is INR 800 + Transaction Charges (as applicable) for SC/ST category candidates.
- OPH Candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid only through online payment gateway. A candidate can pay fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Choose Exam Center
Candidates have the liberty to choose their examination center. But once chosen, it cannot be changed. Click on ‘Proceed’.
Qualification and Address details
- Enter educational details such as percentage, CGPA, exam board, class 12 roll number, etc.
- Fill your address details.
- Go to the next step by selecting ‘Proceed to step 5’ option.
Print Application Form
Given below are the details which are to be followed while the whole process. The confirmation of the application is completely submitted through the submit button. Take the print out of the filled up AIIMS MBBS Application Form form for the future reference.
Documents Required for AIIMS MBBS
It is mandatory to keep certain documents ready for reference while filling up the application form. The documents required are:
- Mark sheet of class 10
- Hall ticket for Class 12 exams
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking facility
- Valid Photo ID
- Scanned passport sized, colored image with white background
- Scanned image of signature
- Scanned image of left-hand thumb impression
Retrieving Application Number and Password
Candidates can retrieve their AIIMS 2019 forgotten application number and password by following these steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on login option.
- Click on the option ‘Forgot Application Number or Password’.
- Enter your registered email ID, birth date, and captcha code.
- A link will be sent to your email ID for retrieving password and application number.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Form Status
An acknowledgment will be sent on the candidate’s registered e-mail ID. Make sure all the details are written correctly as incomplete information will lead to the rejection of the application. Here’s how you can check you Application Form Status.
- Log in using your application ID and password.
- Verify the information and click the Submit option.
- Current application status will appear on the screen.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Form Correction
The application form correction/editing facility is available from January 8, 2019 to January 18, 2019.
- All the changes must be done within the stipulated time period.
- Only those candidates who have submitted the application form correctly paid the fees and filled city choice will get this facility.
- This shall be the last opportunity to change any details if required.
- However, the candidate cannot make changes in name, date of birth, category, OPH status, email ID and mobile number.
The steps for the for correction procedure are as follows:
- Log in using your registration number and password in the login portal.
- You will see the status of your AIIMS 2019 Application Form.
- If the status reads ‘Rejected’, make the necessary changes and save them. Print out the fully corrected application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College