AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019: AIIMS New Delhi will start the counselling procedure after the declaration of results (June 12). The counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted via online mode for the first time. There will be four rounds of counselling, starting from July 3.
The medical entrance examination will be conducted on May 25 and 26 in online (computer-based) mode. AIIMS MBBS 2019 grants admissions into MBBS program offered at 9 AIIMS in the country. The total number of candidates eligible for the 1st round for counselling are four times of an actual number of seats advertised in each category. Therefore, it is advised to carefully read the instructions as given in counselling call letter which will be available shortly.
Read on to know about AIIMS MBBS Counselling Schedule, Procedure, Fee, Seat allotment etc.
|Event ||Date (tentative)|
|Entrance Exam||May 25 – 26, 2019|
|AIIMS MBBS Results 2019||June 12, 2019|
|AIIMS Counselling Round 1||July 3, 4, 5, 6, 2019|
|AIIMS Counselling Round 2||August 2, 2019|
|AIIMS Counselling Round 3||September 4, 2019|
|AIIMS Open Counselling Round||September 27, 2019|
Important Facts related to AIIMS MBBS Counselling:
- Based on the results of the examination, merit lists are prepared based on the percentile scores.
- Open counselling of AIIMS MBBS will be conducted only if the requirement arises.
- Report at the counselling center as per the defined schedule, failing to do so will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Counselling of reserved category will commence after all the unreserved seats are allotted.
- The admissions will be done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidates.
- AIIMS New Delhi and eight other AIIMS have their own seat allotment and reservation policies.
AIIMS MBBS No. of Seats and Reservation
The following table gives the breakup of the seats reserved in all the AIIMS as per the candidate’s category.
Note:The number of seats for Foreign Nationals are pending notification by the GOI.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Procedure
AIIMS MBBS 2019 qualifiers i.e. candidate who scores the minimum qualifying percentage and has their names in the rank list are eligible to participate in first round of online counselling. Steps to register and participate in the counselling of AIIMS MBBS is as follows:
Step 1: Counselling Registration
- Visit the official portal of AIIMS and register for participating in the counselling process.
- Counselling Registration link will be available shortly.
- The link will be released under the ‘MyPage’ account of eligible candidates.
- MyPage account is the same account where the candidates filled in their Application form of AIIMS MBBS.
Step 2: Exercising Choice Preferences
- After registration, login to the counselling module.
- Candidates have to choose their preferences of AIIMS institutions and record the same in the portal.
- Here, candidates can add/delete/order/reorder their choice preferences.
- Post this step, save the choices and lock-in & submit. the choices.
Note: Candidates will not be able to make changes (new addition, reordering, deleting, etc.) until the ongoing AIIMS MBBS counselling round concludes.
Step 3: Mock Allotment Results
- AIIMS MBBS Mock Allotment results will be released in the first round of counselling only.
- This is done to give an idea to the candidates about the counselling procedure.
- It also helps to indicate as to which AIIMS college they are likely to be allotted as per their present preferences.
Step 4: Editing and Final Submission of Choices
- After mock allotments, candidates can make edits in the preferences given (reshuffle the order of AIIMS selected, add new ones, etc.) if required.
- The window will be active for a stipulated time period only.
Step 5: Seat Allotment Result
- In this step, candidates will now be allotted seats as per tehir preferences and their merit ranks in AIIMS MBBS 2019.
- The result of AIIMS MBBS seat allotment will be published shortly.
Step 6: Acceptance or Rejection of Allotted seat
After candidates are allotted a seat in available AIIMS institutions, they will have an option whether or not they are willing to take admission on the allotted seat. The actions available for these candidates are:
- Actively Refuse the seat – As per the rules of AIIMS MBBS 2019 counselling, unless a candidate explicitly refuses the seat allotted to him/her, it will be presumed that one has accepted the seat. In case candidate who wishes to take admission on the allotted seat, they will have to actively refuse the seat by logging into their portal and refuse the seat within stipulated date and time.
- Accept the seat and take admission- In case candidate who wishes to accept the seat allotted can do so by ‘reporting at the allotted college’ and submit the mandatory documents and fee as will be stated in the schedule of AIIMS MBBS counselling 2019.
- Hold the allotted seat, and also participate in subsequent counselling rounds – In case one who has been allotted a seat wishes to hold the allotted seat and at the same time participate in further counselling rounds, then he/ she will need to deposit the fee and documents at allotted AIIMS. Also, it is important to express his/her desire to participate in other counselling rounds by selecting appropriate option in the portal.
- Failure to take any action- In case one who has been allotted a seat fails to take any action, i.e. neither reports to college, refuse/accept the seat, etc. then such candidate will be rendered ineligible for further rounds of counselling. He/ she will not be able to participate in the open round (to be confirmed after the release of the notification of counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2019.
Listed below are the documents that must be produced at the time of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019.
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Proof of Date of Birth – Matriculation/High School Certificate, Birth Certificate issued by local Municipal Corporation office indicating name and date of birth of the candidate.
- Certificate/Mark sheet from the board from which the candidate passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination and secured 60% marks (for UR and OBC candidates) or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry (organic and inorganic) and Biology (Botany and Zoology). In case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates, should have secured 50% marks or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry (organic and inorganic) and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Migration Certificate from the University/ Institute last attended
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC/OPH category (applicable only if you have claimed in the application that belongs to an SC/ST/OBC/OPH category). (*OBC certificate should be valid for central government jobs/Central government institutions only, otherwise claim for OBC reservation will not be considered).
- Current passport size photograph (front pose) 6 copies.
- One set of self attested copies of all the certificates.
Check AIIMS MBBS Caste Certificate Proforma
AIIMS MBBS Seat Allotment Process
The following process will be adopted for all the AIIMS:
- In the counseling process, seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST, or OBC.
- The counseling for reserved category seat (which will also be strictly by merit) would commence only after filling up of all the unreserved seats (i.e. open category seats).
- The reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. During this process, if a candidate belonging to reserved categories who had taken admission under open competition, opts for other institution of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit.
- If a meritorious reserved category candidate such as SC/ST/OBC gets a seat in any institution under the unreserved category and if he/she opts different institution under reserved category of his/her choice the resultant vacated unreserved seat shall be allotted to same category candidate in order of merit. i.e. the vacated seat of meritorious reserved category would be immediately added to the seats available under that reserved category in the institute he/she had opted during counseling for UR seat.
- In case during the open selection, if any ST seat remains vacant ( after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then these vacant seats will be transferred to SC category and vice-versa. Any SC/ST seats which remain vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of SC/ST category) shall be made available to the general category. Similarly, in case the OBC seats remain vacant after calling all eligible candidates of OBC category, then these vacant seats shall be made available to the general category candidates.
- In case merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal total Percentile Scores in the competitive entrance examination will be determined in order of:
- Candidates obtaining higher in Biology in the entrance test.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Chemistry in the entrance test.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Physics in the entrance test.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
AIIMS MBBS Fee structure
- Indian Nationals
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the institute as per details given below:
|Academic and other fees||Amount (INR)|
|Student Union Fee||63.00|
|Hostel and other fees||Amount (INR)|
|Mess Security (refundable)||500.00|
|Hostel Security (refundable)||1000.00|
*Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
NOTE: The above payment is to be made in cash. Cheques, drafts, money orders, etc. will not be accepted in any case. Extension of date for payment of dues will not be permitted in any case.
- Foreign Nationals
Tuition fees of US $ 75,000 ( divided in 3 equal installments for pre-clinical phase, para clinical phase, and clinical phase of MBBS course) will be charged from the foreign national students admitted to MBBS course at AIIMS.
|Academic and other fees||Amount per annum (INR)|
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Helpdesk
Toll-Free No.: 1800117898
AIIMS MBBS Counselling FAQs
Ques. How will the counselling of AIIMS MBBS be conducted?
Ans. AIIMS MBBS Counselling will be via online mode from this year (2019) onwards.
Ques. What is the Schedule and guidelines/ procedure of Online Counselling of AIIMS?
Ans. The schedule and guidelines/ procedure of Online Counselling will be uploaded later on the website www.aiimsexams.org. Make note to check the AIIMS MBBS website regularly.
Ques. How many candidates are eligible for the 1st Round of Online counselling?
Ans. In each category i.e. UR, OBC, SC and ST, the total no. of candidates who will participate in the online counselling will be four times the number of seats available in each category.
Ques. How much time is provided to join in the allotted course?
Ans. For AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS you will be required to join the course within time period mentioned in the guideline procedure of rounds of online Counselling. However, it will be uploaded later on.
Ques. In case I do not have Birth Certificate/Caste Certificate/other certificate(s) in English or Hindi but they are in a regional language, will it be acceptable for AIIMS counselling/ at the time of admission?
Ans. It must be noted that the certificates issued by the competent authorities should be in English or Hindi language only. In case your certificates are in a regional language, you are advised to carry a Certified True Copy of the original (regional language) certificate, translated into English/Hindi language, and also bring the original certificate in regional language at the time of counselling/admission.
Ques. Where can I know about the fee structure/course duration etc. for MBBS Course.
Ans. All the information regarding the fee structure, MBBS course duration etc., of AIIMS, New Delhi is given in the Prospectus. For the Eight other AIIMS, you are advised to visit their respective websites and go through the ‘At a Glance’ section for this purpose.
|AIIMS Name||Reference Link|
|AIIMS New Delhi||Click Here|
|AIIMS Bhopal||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Bhubhneshwar||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Patna||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Raipur||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Guntur||Available Shortly|
|AIIMS Nagpur||Available Shortly|
Ques. What are the qualifying marks for each category in AIIMS MBBS?
Ans. AIIMS, New Delhi has set a minimum qualifying percentage that an AIIMS MBBS test taker must score in order to participate in the counselling procedure. Candidates obtaining the same will have their names in the merit list of AIIMS MBBS. Tabulated below are the percentage and marks in order to qualify for the medical examination:
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks (out of 200 marks)|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||45%||90|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College