IBSAT Eligibility: The ICFAI, coordinating body of IBSAT prescribes the eligibility criteria for MBA/ PGPM and Ph.D. programs. Candidates meeting IBSAT Eligibility Criteria as per their preferred programs can register online before December 12, 2018. The basic eligibility requirement is that a candidate must hold a Bachelor’ s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
This year, the management examination is scheduled on December 22 and 23 in online mode. The qualifiers of the examination will have to appear for GD and PI round for the final selection. There are 9 IBS-Schools accepting IBSAT Scores and offering more than 8000 seats. Read on to know more about the age limit, academic requirement to appear for IBSAT 2018.
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria #Facts
- Each degree should be in English medium. In case you do not have it, you must submit the scores of TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS.
- For MBA program, a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 OR 10+2+5) must be completed.
- For Ph.D. program, a minimum of 17 years of regular education must be completed.
- Students in their final year of graduation can also apply.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam.
- Candidates with a valid NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score can directly participate in IBSAT Selection Procedure.
IBSAT Eligibility as per Programs
IBSAT is conducted for 3 major management courses viz.
- MBA/ PGPM also called 2 year management program
- Ph.D. Program in Management (Full time/ Part time)
- Ph.D. Program in Economics (Full time)
IBSAT Eligibility: MBA/ PGPM Programs
Bachelor’s Degree (any discipline)
- Minimum eligibility requirement is graduation in any discipline with not less than 50% marks.
- Candidates in their final year bachelor’s degree course can also apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical exam/ viva/ assignments) before May 31, 2019.
- The admission for such candidates will remain provisional until they submit marksheets and degree certificates stating their eligibility.
Note: The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 1, 2019.
Minimum 15 years of study till Graduation
- Applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Graduates with a course of one time sitting basis or on a two years basis will not be eligible.
Education in English Medium only
- Candidates applying for IBSAT 2018 should have studied with English as medium of instruction.
- Applicants not meeting this criteria at undergraduate level are supposed to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
Note: The admissions for the final year candidates will be provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2018.
IBSAT Eligibility: Ph.D. Program
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- Candidates not meeting the criteria of English medium in graduation and/ or post graduation have to submit TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
PhD Program in Management (Full time/ Part time)
- PG in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations from an UGC approved University) with 55% and above marks. OR
- PG (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks. OR
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks.
- Applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
- Applicants who have completed their graduation/ Post graduation on one-time sitting basis or on part time, distance mode or online mode are not eligible for PhD program of IBS Hyderabad.
Note: Eligibility criteria will be checked from August, 2019 onwards. Hence, the onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates.
IBSAT 2018 Reservation Policy
As per the coordinating body, there is no defined IBSAT Reservation Criteria/ Policy for reserved categories. There is no fixed pattern followed for IBSAT seat allotment.
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria of these Reserved Categories are given as under:
- Aggregate marks for each category is similar, hence even reserved category candidates must secure equal marks as the general category candidate.
- The minimum marks required to appear for IBSAT 2018 is 50% for MBA/ PGPM program.
- Application fee (INR 1800) is also the same for all the categories. There is no relaxation in the application fee for SC, ST or OBC categories.
- Every candidate is treated at par and hence there is no prior reservation of seats for reserved category candidates.
- IBSAT is one of the entrance exams which does not guarantee any seat reservations of the reserved category.
- All candidates are required to fulfill all the mandatory eligibility conditions in order to gain admission in any of the IBS colleges.
Exemption from IBSAT 2018
There are a few types of candidates who are exempted from taking IBSAT. They are directly called upon for the selection rounds (GD/PI). In order to avail this facility, candidates must have a valid score in either of the following exams:
- NMAT by GMAC
- CAT or Common Admission Test and GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test are conducted for granting admission to candidates to the management postgraduate degree and diploma programs to various colleges all over India.Know more
- NMAT, conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council, is yet another entrance exam which exempts a candidate from taking IBSAT 2018. Know more
- In short, these exams are made replaceable to IBSAT for admission to the management programs at the 9 IBS Campuses.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College