Table of Contents
JIPMER 2021 Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Admit Card, Syllabus, Cut-off, Counselling
JIPMER has been replaced by NEET. Candidates willing to take admission in the UG program offered by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry, can appear for NEET 2021.
|Table of Contents|
Candidates qualifying NEET can participate in the counselling process of JIPMER for admission in MBBS, BDS programs. The institute also offers full-time PG and PhD courses under many specializations. Read the article to know more about JIPMER.
JIPMER 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||JIPMER MBBS replaced by NEET, conducted by NTA|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Language Medium||English Language|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||Total 180 Questions|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Dates
|Events (Based on NEET 2021)||Date (Tentative)|
|Release of application form||December 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||January 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||January 2021|
|Correction window availability||February 2021|
|Availability of admit card||April 2021|
|Date of Exam||May 2021|
|Release of OMR & Answer Key||Within a week from the date of exam|
|Declaration of result||June 2021|
|Counselling will commence from||2nd week of June 2021|
Details on JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should know the basic eligibility criteria for JIPMER 2021 Exam before appearing for the final exam. Eligibility criteria are set by the university based on some facts that are mentioned below.
- Citizenship of the candidate must be Indian or should be non-resident Indian
- An applicant with foreign nationality will have to take the prior permission from the Medical Council of India
- Age of the candidate must be 17 years on or before 31st December, 2021or born on or before 1st January in the year 2003.
- There will not be given any relaxation in the category of a candidate
- The candidate should be secured a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, English Language is compulsory.
- Minimum marks in 10+2 for reserved candidates like SC/ST/OBC will be 40% in aggregate
- Minimum marks for general OPH candidates will be 45% in aggregate.
- A candidate who has appeared or going to appear in the final examination or an applicant whose result is pending is eligible to apply for the JIPMER 2021 Exam
What steps need to be followed to apply for JIPMER 2021 Application Form?
The applicant will get JIPMER 2021 Application Form through online mode. The application process will be completed by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website of the institute i.e https://www.jipmer.edu.in/Browse through all the information on the website
- Click on the examination link
- Click on the registration form
- Enter a valid email ID and a mobile number for registration
- Check and click on the login link sent by the authority
- Enter user ID and Password to log in
- After login fill up the application form with all the required details
- Select category
- Submit to proceed
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Click on the button “Preview” to recheck
- Mark the box “I Agree”
- Submit the application
- Go to the payment option
- Pay the application fee by Net Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card
- Take the print out of it.
JIPMER 2021 Documents Specification
Some important specifications for the JIPMER 2021 Application are given below.
- Photograph: There must be the name of the candidate and the date on the photograph otherwise it will not be considered
- Signature: The size of the signature will be 80mm Width X 35mm Height
- Another certificate: Caste or community certificate must be uploaded by the candidate other than UR & P-UR category
JIPMER Application Fees
|UR & P-UR||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|EWSs & P-EWs||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ST||INR 1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|NRI/OCI||INR 3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwD & P-PwD||Exempted from Application Fees|
How to download JIPMER 2021 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket ?
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website. To download the admit card an applicant needs to enter the application number along with user ID and password. The admit card consists of many information like the name of the candidate, roll number, date of birth, name and address of the exam centre, exam date, etc.
Some steps to download the admit card are given below.
- Visit the official website of the institute
- Click on “Examination”
- Check out “JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020”
- Go to the option “Hall Ticket”
- Enter User ID and Password to log in
- Check the admit card displayed on the screen
- Download it and also take a print out of it
JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern Details
JIPMER 2021 exam will be conducted only in online mode. All the details related to the exam pattern are given below.
- JIPMER 2021 Exam will be conducted in two shifts i.e morning and afternoon shifts
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total number of questions is 200 that is MCQ based and each correct question has 4 marks
- There are no negative marks for any incorrect answer
Section-wise question distribution is tabulated below.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2021 Syllabus
Candidates should know the entire JIPMER 2021 syllabus to get the admission for the selected courses. The syllabus comprises the topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology based on 12th standard and also Logical and Quantitative Reasoning, English. Read More
How to check JIPMER 2021 Result?
All the candidates must check JIPMER 2021 Result on the official website of the institute. Merit list will be published after releasing the result. Some important steps to check the result are given below.
- Visit the official website of the institute
- Click on the tab “Examination”
- Reach JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- Click on download result
- Enter the credential to login
- Download the result and take a print out of it
JIPMER 2021 Cut Off
JIPMER 2021 Cut Off marks are very important for the candidate to be selected for the JIPMER 2021 Counselling Process. As the cut-off score is set based on percentile score, so the cut-off category wise are listed below.
|General Unreserved (UR / OCI / NRI)||50|
|General Unreserved (UR) OPH||45|
|ST / SC / OBC / OPH||40|
JIPMER 2021 Counselling
JIPMER 2021 Counselling will be conducted by the institute based on the cut-off score and rank. The candidate needs to be present physically at the place and time with all the required documents for the counselling session. Counselling process includes registration, biometric verification, photo ID verification, certificate checking and verification, etc. All the necessary documents that must be carried by the candidate for the counselling session are mentioned below.
- JIPMER 2021 Admit Card or Hall ticket
- JIPMER 2021 Score Card
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or Certificate of 10th class).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Marks statement of the qualifying examination.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Community Certificate for OBC or Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe by Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Residence Certificate only for the resident of Puducherry
- Employer Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six recent passport size colour photographs.
- NRI Status certificate for Non-Resident Indian issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
JIPMER 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the total number of seats available for JIPMER 2021?
Ans. A total number of seats is 200 among which 150 seats in Puducherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal.
Ques. How many sections are there in the JIPMER 2021 Exam question paper?
Ans. There are 5 sections that are subject wise in the question paper of JIPMER 2021 Exam.
Ques. What is the total reservation for PwD or Persons with Disability candidates in JIPMER 2021 Exam?
Ans. There are total 9 seats available of which 7 seats for Puducherry and 2 seats for Karaikal for the PwD or Persons with Disability candidates in JIPMER 2021 Exam
Ques. Shall I pay the application fee through offline mode for the JIPMER 2021 Application?
Ans. No, you cannot pay the application fee through offline mode. You have to pay only on the online mode for the JIPMER 2021 Application.
Ques. How many cities can I select for the JIPMER 2021 Exam?
Ans. You can select a maximum of 3 cities among 120 cities across India for the JIPMER 2021 Exam.
Ques. How to determine the cut-off score and merit rank in the JIPMER exam?
Ans. Cut-off score and merit rank is determined by the percentile score in JIPMER exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College