LSAT India Exam Pattern describes the complete paper pattern, subject-wise marking scheme, distribution of marks, time duration and alike. It is defined by Pearson VUE. The exam pattern of LSAT has been similar over the years. For the academis session 2018-19, LSAT India is scheduled for May 26, 2019. Listed below are quick facts related to LSAT India Exam Pattern:
- Law School Admission Test India is conducted in offline mode.
- LSAT Syllabus has questions from Analytical Reasoning, 1stLogical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension.
- The exam will be conducted in English language only.
- There will be a total of 92-100 objective type questions in LSAT India.
- It is suggested to practice as many LSAT Practice Papers as possible. This will give a great hint of what will be expected in the actual paper.
- As for the marking scheme, +1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no provision of negative marking.
LSAT India is formed after the world-renowned LSAT. LSAT India is conducted every year unlike LSAT which is held four times a year. The pattern is developed by professionals with advanced degrees in English, linguistics, psychometrics and logic. Each question is subjected to multiple levels of review, so as to assure that every question has one and only one correct answer.
LSAT India Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper Mode (Written)|
|Number of Papers||One|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Type of Question Paper||Multiple Choice Question|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Positive Marking||One mark each|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
LSAT India Exam Pattern
- It is important for aspiring candidates to understand LSAT India Exam Pattern before they apply for the same.
- The procedure LSAT entrance test follows are almost similar to an international level competitive exam.
- However, there are differences in terms of division of question pattern and time slot allotted per section.
Below discussion points will center round the pattern in detail to ensure proper preparation for candidates.
- Mode of exam
- LSAT INDIA depends on pen and paper mode to conduct the exam.
- No online mode is available for candidates to appear for the exam from home.
- It is mandatory for candidates to visit the center allotted to appear for the exam.
- It is not a computer based entrance test.
- Duration of exam
- The total duration for exam is 2 hours 20 minutes.
- Since the paper is divided into sections so there is time allotted for each section.
- Candidates are advised to spend 35 minutes on each section.
- Distributing equal time on each section is important to score well in overall exam.
- Type of questions
- This is not a subjective paper so questions are objective and to the point.
- LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern is based on multiple choice questions.
- All questions are closed ended questions.
- The question pattern ensures that it covers all the sections optimally.
- Marking scheme
- LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern follows strict and scientific marking scheme.
- For every correct answer one mark is awarded to candidates.
- There is no negative marking scheme.
- Number of questions
- There are total ninety-six questions.
- Each section has equal number of questions to justify weightage on each section.
- Each section contains twenty-four questions each.
- Distribution of section
- LSAT INDIA questionnaire is distributed in four sections.
- The first section is on analytical reasoning.
- The second and third section covers logical reasoning.
- The final section covers reading comprehension.
- The basic approach of LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern is to ensure that candidates has the aptness towards reading, comprehending, understanding, logically analyze and interpret the same.
LSAT India Marking Scheme
- The national level law entrance exam follows a very simple marking scheme.
- This competitive exam does not follow any negative marking strategy. This helps candidate score well on the portions they are confident on.
There are four sections and each section is allotted 24 questions (approx.). Below is a chart with section details along with the marking strategy and time allotment.
|Section||No. of Questions (approx.)||Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|1st Logical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|2ns Logical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 Minutes|
|Total||92-100||2 hours 20 minutes|
LSAT India Syllabus
LSAT INDIA Syllabus revolves round three broad categories. They are Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning and Reading comprehension. The topics under each subject is given below:
- Analytical reasoning
- Analytical reasoning covers mathematical ability in a scientific form.
- Comprehending situation and data on the basis of analytics is what the section targets.
- Candidates will be given data to analyze and interpret in terms of numbers.
- Analytical reasoning is an integral part of any competitive exam.
- Logical reasoning
- This is a very interesting section where candidates need to interpret data with logic.
- A lot of this section depends upon intelligence quotient.
- Candidates should practice on mock tests to get a hang of logical reasoning section.
- Reading comprehension
- The main focus of this section is on language and understanding.
- Candidates need to understand and comprehend after reading data.
- Candidates might face time constrain on this section since comprehending data after reading only once becomes difficult at times.
- So, candidates are advised to keep a little extra time for this section.
- One should read each line while trying to analyze the same.
- Candidates will be provided rough sheet which will help them comprehend data better.
LSAT India Preparation Books
To do well in an exam, preparation is very important. Since LSAT India is a competitive exam for aspiring law students so, the syllabus is rather broad and extensive. It involves a lot of IQ which can be acquired through continuous preparation and practice.
Below are few books that will help develop the orientation for applicants towards the type of test LSAT conducts.
Preparation Books for Analytical Reasoning
|Analytical reasoning||M.K. Pandey||8190458914|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||Tyra||8190458922|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||9351760146|
Preparation Books for Logical Reasoning
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal||8121919053|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R. S. Aggarwal||9352534026|
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal||B.S. Sijwalii||9351765105|
Preparation Books for Reading Comprehension
|LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible (Power score LSAT Bible)||David. M. Killoran||099129923X|
|10 New Actual, Official LSAT Prep tests with Comparative Reading (LSAT Series)||Law school admission council||984636005|
|Wiley's GMAT Reading Comprehension Grail||Aristotle Prep||8126562609|
Candidates applying for the law school admission test that is LSAT India are advised to follow the below important instructions;
- Any kind of unfair practice during the examination will be strictly dealt by Pearson VUE.
- Applicants will be disqualified and no retest will be allowed for such candidates in future.
- As a means of preparation for the exam, candidates are advised to download mock tests from the official website which is to practice LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern.
- Candidates need to register for LSAT INDIA through official website and it is important to make a note that the registration window closes by 11:59pm on first week of May each year.
- There is no option for on the spot registration for LSAT INDIA exam.
- Candidates need to carry HB pencil, sharpener, eraser and admit card to the exam hall.
- Objects like cell phone or any electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are requested to submit all belongings to the exam conducting authority before entering the hall.
- The answer pattern followed in LSAT is answering through OMR sheet.
- Candidates will need to darken the option that they think is the correct answer.
- So, the HB pencil should be of good quality for computer to read the answers properly that the candidate selected.
- Usage of any pen other than pencil is not allowed on OMR sheet.
- Candidates are requested not to manhandle the answer sheet, if the same is bended or torn then the OMR machine will not be able to read the answers appropriately.
- Any kind of cheating inside the exam hall will lead the authority to cancel the exam for the accused candidate.
- Finally, candidates must understand that the information supplied by applicants while applying for LSAT will be shared with associated law schools and universities for verification and legal process to obtain certification.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College