NID DAT 2020 Application Form Correction, Dates and Process
NID DAT Form Correction 2020 has been started from November 21, 2019. Candidates can correct their NID DAT Application Form in online mode at the official website – admissions.nid.edu by logging in with their email ID, password and security pin. NID DAT Form Correction window will close on November 23, 2020.
NID 2020 Application Form was available on the official website from October 1, 2019. Candidates willing to take the exam submitted their applications by November 18 without late fees and by November 21, 2019 till 2 PM with late fees.
NID 2020 Prelims exam will be conducted on December 29, 2019. National Institute of Design provides admission to the candidates who have applied for Bachelor and Master Programme in Design on the basis of the Design Aptitude Test (DAT), Studio Test and Personal Interview. Check NID Exam Pattern
- NID DAT 2020 application fee is Rs. 2000/- for General/OBC category candidates and Rs.1000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates can make the payment both in online or offline mode through Demand Draft (DD).
- Candidates must check NID Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam.
- Candidates qualifying prelims have to sit for mains paper followed by studio test and personal interview test.
- Candidate must be below 20 years of age for B.Des/GDPD and below 30 years of age for M.Des. Reserved categories can avail age relaxation as per the government of India norms. Check NID Reservation
Direct Link to NID DAT Form Correction 2020
NID 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the exam schedule for 2020 is given below:
|Start and end date of NID DAT 2020 application||October 1, 2019 to November 7, 2019|
|Submission of NID DAT 2020 application form with late fees||November 18, 2019 uptill 2 pm|
|Correction of NID DAT application form||November 21, 2019 (Open)|
|Availability of NID DAT 2020 Prelims admit card||December 20, 2019|
|NID DAT (Prelims) 2020||December 29, 2019|
|Result Declaration (Prelims) MDes||February 18, 2020|
|Result Declaration (Prelims) BDes||March 19, 2020|
|NID DAT (Mains) BDes/GDPD||April 29 to May 3, 2020|
|DEclaration of final result BDes/GDPD||May 28, 2020|
Download Free NID 2020 Practice Papers
How to apply for NID 2020?
Eligible candidates can fill the application form online by entering their mobile no., Email ID, Date of birth etc. The candidates need to follow the steps given below to appear for NID 2020:
Step 1: Registration
- Register/sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at the official website.
- Provide the valid mobile no., email ID, Date of birth etc. while registration.
- After registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Log in to your account user id and password to proceed to the application form.
- Fill all the required details.
- After filling all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next step to ‘Upload Document’.
Read NID 2020 Preparation Tips
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload a scanned recent passport photograph as per the instructions.
- Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions.
- Upload your valid Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority if applicable.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to upload their valid disability certificate issued by a competent medical authority.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to pay application fees
The details of the photograph and signature dimensions to be uploaded are mentioned below:
|Scanned Photograph||A recent photograph – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Candidates’ Scanned Signature||Blue/Black ball pen on white paper – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Certificate||JPEG Format – Less than 150 KB|
Check NID Preparation Resources
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee of NID 2020 can be submitted through online or offline mode.
- Offline Mode: The offline payment can be done via Demand draft in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
- Online Mode: The online application fees can be paid via. Credit card/ debit card.
NID DAT 2020 Application Fee
The Application fee of NID 2020 can be submitted online or offline. The offline payment can be done via Demand draft in favour of “All India Management Association“ payable at New Delhi. The application fees of different courses are as follows-
|Category||B.Des and GDPD||M.Des (1 discipline)||M.Des (2 disciplines)|
|General||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|SC||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|Gen-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|SC-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|Overseas||INR 3000||INR 3000||INR 6000|
NID 2020 Application Process for Foreign Nationals
The foreign citizens can apply for NID admission under the overseas category. Candidates seeking admission under this category should apply in the prescribed application form which should be duly filled in and accompanied by the following documents. The overseas category candidates need to bring the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Self-attested copy of relevant passport and visa containing details of the candidate.
- A Demand Draft of US $30 in favour of ” National Institute of Design” payable at Ahmedabad. Do not forget to mention your name and address at the backside of the Demand Draft.
- For B.Des candidates: Attested copies of mark sheets of HSC and SSC (candidates currently appearing HSC need to submit a bonafide certificate from school/ college).
- For M.Des candidates: Attested copies of mark sheets of SSC, HSC and graduation along with degree certificate/ provisional certificate/ passing certificate.
- The Application form should contain the address of your place of residence (your address of the country in which you are staying in the time of application). In the hall ticket, you can give any convenient address (India/ Abroad)
- In case degree certificate has been obtained from some university/ board of any other country, then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, before admission.
Important Documents Required to Upload for NID 2020
Important documents that should be kept ready before registration and application form filling are as follows-
- Scanned copy of a photograph of size under 100 KB. The photograph should be in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of the signature of under 100 KB in size. Signature should be in JPG format.
- Caste Certificate for the Candidates of SC/ ST category issued by the competent authority. The certificate should be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Candidates applying under persons with disability (PwD) category are required to upload their disability certificate issued by a competent medical authority. The certificate must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Overseas candidates should upload the first and the last page of their passport clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
- Debit card/ Credit card/ net banking details for fee payment.
Check NID DAT Selection Process
How to Retrieve Lost Application Number and Password?
Students need not panic in case they lose their application number or forget the password. Follow these methods to retrieve the lost application number and password:
- In case you lose or forgot your Roll Number, you should visit the official website where you filled the application form of the examination
- Check carefully on the website, there will be a link for recovery of password
- Click on “Forgot Enrolment ID”. Then provide a mobile number and e-mail ID. The enrolment ID will be sent to you via SMS/Email.
- If a candidate forgets the password, click on “Forgot Enrolment ID or Password?”
- Click on “Request for an OTP”
- Provide a mobile number, email ID and enrolment ID.
- Candidate can reset the password with the help of OTP received via SMS.
- If a candidate forgets enrolment ID and email ID/mobile number and payment has not been made, he/she must re-register
NID 2020 Application Form Status
In case of any unavailability of required documents, while filling NID application, it can be partially saved and exited to be filled at a later time. Candidates will have to go to application form status to complete the partially filled form. The procedure to know about NID 2020 Application form status is as follows:
- Firstly, you have to visit on the official website of the National Institute of Design
- There is a link for Admission in the bottom side of the home page
- When you click on that link, you will reach a new page, named the Graduate Diploma Programme in Design.
- Click on that page.
- For already registered candidates to know about their Application status put your Name, Registered email- id/ password.
Check NID Cut Off
NID 2020 Form Correction
If a candidate has made any mistakes while NID Registration 2020, one can follow the steps given below to correct the same in the stipulated time:
Step 1: Log on to the official website of the National Institute of Design.
Step 2: Fill your Login Credentials- NID Registration No. or Enrolment ID and Password.
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’ Tab
Step 4: A new screen will appear and there you will see a link relating to NID 2020 Form Correction’.
Step 5: Click on the link and make the required corrections and then save the details.
Check NID 2020 Counselling Process
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College