PU CET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus and Cut off
Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET) is a state level entrance exam conducted by Punjab University, Chandigarh for candidates seeking admission to the various undergraduate programs under PU CET UG and Master’s degree programs under PU CET PG as offered by the university. PU CET 2019 for UG program will be held on April 29, 2019.
- The master’s degree courses include various program under law, journalism, public health, disaster management, technology, engineering, arts, and computer science.
- PU CET 2019 Registration will start from the March 12, 2019 till April 06, 2019.Candidates will have to register online to appear for the exam.
- Candidates need a minimum qualification of 10+2 to appear for PU CET UG 2019.
- For PU CET PG 2019, the eligibility criteria will vary according to the program the candidate opts for.
- Candidates will need their login id and password created at the time of registration to get their PU CET 2019 Admit Card.
- Candidates can check the PU CET 2019 Result online on the official website.
The exam offers admission to the following undergraduate courses:
- B.Pharmacy (Credit Based Semester System)
- B.Sc (Hons) at the Panjab University Campus
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) at Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
PUCET 2019 Highlights Table
|Exam||Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET)|
|PU CET 2019 Conducting Body||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Mode of PU CET 2019 Application||Online|
|Mode of PU CET 2019 Exam||Offline|
|Medium of PU CET 2019 Exam||English|
|Duration of PU CET 2019 Exam||70 minutes for each section|
PU CET 2019 Important Dates
Candidates must keep a track of the following important dates that are applicable to PU CET 2019 for UG programme:
|PU CET Online Applications will be available from||March 12, 2019||PU CET online application end on April 06, 2019|
|PU CET 2019 admit card will be available from||April 24, 2019||Download admit card from official website cetug.puchd.ac.in/|
|PU CET 2019 last date for fee payment||April 09, 2019||Check cetug.puchd.ac.in for more details|
|PU CET 2019 exam date||April 29, 2019||Duration of Exam is 70 minutes for each section|
|PU CET 2019 result declaration||May 14, 2019||Check PU CET Result online at results.puchd.ac.in/|
PU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for PU CET 2019, candidates must note the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed or appeared in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or any equivalent exam conducted by a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Note: Candidates who have passed or appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not in the eligibility criteria to appear in PU CET (BHMS) Entrance Test, as this institution has been derecognised by Punjab University, Chandigarh. Candidates can get a full list of recognized universities from the official website of PU CET UG.Check Here PU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates have to be a citizen of India. Foreign citizens will have the option to apply via NRI quota.
- Candidates must be of 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2017 to be eligible to apply for PU CET 2019.
PU CET PG 2019 candidates will have a separate set of eligibility criteria, as listed below:
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination (bachelor degree program or equivalent from a recognized university) for a particular course with a minimum of 50%-55% marks (depending upon the course for which he/ she is applying). Candidates in their final year and appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for PU CET PG 2019. provided the candidate pass their qualifying exams by the time of admission.
For further details on the eligibility criteria for both PU CET UG 2019 and PU CET PG 2019, candidates can follow the Panjab University official website.
Reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD) etc category candidates will be according to the Chandigarh Administration or Panjab University, Chandigarh guidelines.
For Physically Handicapped candidates, the following eligibility criteria will be applicable:
- 1st preference - Candidates suffering from Locomotor disabilities of Lower Limbs between 50% - 70%.
- 2nd preference - Candidates suffering from Locomotor Disabilities of Lower Limbs between 40% - 50%
Candidates with blindness (including colour blindness) and those who are deaf and dumb will not be eligible to sit for PU CET 2019.
PU CET 2019 Application Form
The candidate has to make sure that the eligibility criteria is fulfilled by them based on the course they are applying for. The candidate has to fill the PU CET application form online and then take a print out of the form.
Candidates will have to send the following additional documents along with the PU CET 2019 application form to the head office, Chandigarh before the last date:
- Candidate’s mark sheets of all qualifying exams
- Candidate’s address proof
- Candidate’s identity proof
- Candidate’s photographs (as specified in the application form)
Candidates must note that all the documents have to be self attested. The application will be rejected in case the documents are not attached or the documents are deemed invalid.
Candidates must also note that the details once entered by him or her cannot be altered.
- Candidates from General Category have to pay INR 2100
- Candidates from reserved categories have to pay INR 1050
Candidates can choose to pay the fee online (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or via offline mode (SBI eChallan).
PU CET 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates will be issued the admit card after they have successfully registered themselves.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the respective official websites of PU CET UG 2019 and PU CET PG 2019.
- Candidates will need their login id and password created at the time of registration to get their admit card for PU CET 2019.
- The general instructions for the examination are on the back side of the PU CET 2019 admit card.
Candidates must the following details relevant to their PU CET 2019 admit card:
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- Candidates must take multiple printouts of the admit card and keep it safely as they will need it for verification purpose at every level of the admission process.
- Candidates must check that all details given on the admit card are correct or not. Candidates must raise an immediate concern if any detail is found incorrect.
Candidates must note that PU CET UG 2019 and PU CET PG 2019 are conducted only in the Panjab University campus in Chandigarh.
PU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
For PU CET UG, the paper will be divided into the following six sections:
- Computer Science
Each section will be of 70 minutes and carry questions of 2 marks each. Negative marking for 0.25 will be applicable to incorrect answers.
|Subject||Total number of Questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Paper - I Physics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - II Chemistry||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - III Biology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - IV Mathematics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - V Biotechnology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - VI Computer Science||60||120||70 minutes|
The medium of the paper will strictly be in English. Candidates can follow the table for PU CET 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Number of Sections||6|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions in each section||60|
|Marks for each question||2|
|Total marks for each section||120|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR)|
PU CET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can go through the tentative syllabus for PU CET UG 2019 as listed below:
|Diversity in Living World||Computer Fundamentals||Sets and Functions||Introduction to Biotechnology|
|Structural Organization in animals and plants||Introduction to C++||Algebra||Biomolecules|
|Cell Structure and Function||Programming Methodology||Co-ordinate Geometry||Cell and Development|
|Plant Physiology||Programming in C++||Calculus||Genetics and Molecular Biology|
|Human Physiology||Programming in C++||Mathematical Reasoning||Protein and Gene Manipulation|
|Reproduction||Data Structures||Relations and Functions||Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation|
|Genetics and Evolution||Database Management System and SQL||Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry||-|
|Biology and Human Welfare||Boolean Algebra||Linear Programming||-|
|Biotechnology and its application||Networking and Open Source Software||Probability||-|
|Ecology and its environment||-||-||-|
|Some Basic concepts of chemistry||Physical world and measurements|
|Structure of Atom||Kinematics|
|Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties||Laws of motion|
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Work, Energy and Power|
|States of matter, gases and liquids||Motion of System of Particles and rigid body|
|Equilibrium||properties of bulk matter|
|Hydrogen||Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory|
|s-Block Elements||Oscillation and Waves|
|Group 14 Elements||Electrostatics|
|Organic Chemistry||Current Electricity|
|Hydrocarbons||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Environmental Chemistry||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Solid State||Electromagnetic waves|
|Electrochemistry||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Chemical Kinetics||Atoms and nuclei|
|Surface Chemistry||Electronic Devices|
|General Principles and processes of isolation of elements||Communication systems|
|p- Block Elements||-|
|d and f Block Elements||-|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||-|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||-|
For a detailed description of the syllabus, candidates are advised to follow the official PU CET UG 2019 website.
The syllabus for PU CET PG courses will vary depending on the course chosen by the candidate. The detailed syllabus will be given in the PU CET PG 2019 official website.
PU CET 2019 Result
- The results for PU CET 2019 will be declared on May 14, 2019.
- Once the score card is made available online on the official PU CET 2019 website, the candidate can download his or score card from the website.
- No separate score cards will be mailed to the candidates individually.
- PU CET score and merit list will strictly be based on the candidate's’ performance in PU CET 2019.
Candidates will have to follow the steps listed below to get their score card.
- Candidates will have to first open the official website
- Candidates will then have to click on the link for the PU CET 2019 result “Click here to check PU CET (U.G. & BHMS) - 2019 Entrance Test Result”
- Candidates will then have to select the stream he or she has applied to and check the result for that stream
Answer Key for PU CET 2019
The answer key for PU CET 2019 will be published on the official website after the exam is over. If the students feel there is a disparity in their marking, they must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within 2 days of declaration of the answer key.
PU CET 2019 Seat Reservation
There is reservation of seats for PU CET 2019. The following list gives a detailed idea about the reservation of seats for PU CET 2019:
- 1 seat is reserved for a student of foreign origin nominated by Government of India.
- 1 seat is reserved for a student from the States and Union Territories lacking facilities in this field and repatriates from Myanmar (Burma), Sri Lanka etc.
- 2 seats are reserved for the students from rural area category
- 1 seat is reserved for a student from Border Area
- 2 seats are reserved for single girl children with no male siblings
- 1 seat is reserved for student suffering from diseases like Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia.
- Additional seats will be created as required for children of officers who have served during Kargil war
PU CET 2019 Merit List
The merit list for the candidates appearing for PU CET 2019 will be created based on the categories given below:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Physics, Chemistry and Computer Sciences
- Mathematics only
For the merit list, the weightage of the written exam is 75% and the 12th board scores is 25%.
PU CET 2019 Counselling
PU CET 2019 counselling process will be conducted online.Counselling for UG will commence from July 06 till July 20, 2019. Candidates must fill their preferences online for admission to the various courses. The seats will be allotted based on PU CET 2019 Merit List. Some of the important points related to PU CET counselling are listed below:
- The counselling schedule will be published on the official Panjab University website. Candidates must keep a check on that for accurate details.
- The candidate will have to submit the Counselling fee either through online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline at the University.
- Candidate will get a seat based on the PU CET 2019 merit list and provisional Admission letter.
- Candidates will have to report to the counselling centre within the stipulated time with all the required documents (10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card etc) and counselling fee.
- If the candidate fails to report on time or pay the counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected.
- Seats will be allotted online so Candidates can regularly check University Website
- Candidates should carefully fill in the preferences and options. No change will be allowed after they have locked in their preference.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the Merit list on the Panjab University website.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College