PU CET 2020 Admit Card will release tentatively on April 27, 2020. The exam is conducted for providing admissions to numerous undergraduate courses such as Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery B.Pharmacy and B.Sc. (Hons.). It also provides admission into the PG courses offered by the University.
- All candidates who successfully fill PU CET 2020 Application Form can download their hall ticket from the official website.
- No offline or hard copies of admit card will be sent to any candidate.
- Candidates have to log in with their details to download the admit card.
- Log in ID and password is asked at the time of logging in.
- It is mandatory for the students to carry the admit card to PU CET examination venue.
- No candidate is allowed to sit for the exam without the hall ticket.
Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET) is a university level examination conducted every year. There are separate exams for UG and PG admission seekers.
Dates for PU CET 2020 Admit Card
Students should keep these notable dates in their mind:
|PU CET 2020 Application starts in||March 12, 2020|
|Last date to pay application fees||April 19, 2020|
|Release of PU CET admit card||April 27, 2020|
|Examination date||April 30, 2020|
|Results Announcement||May 13 – 15, 2020|
How to Download PU CET 2020 Admit Card?
PU CET 2020 Admit Card is only available online to download. Students have to download the admit card from the university’s official website. No offline admit card is released. Note that UG and PG aspirants have different admit cards. There are different links for different types of PU CET 2020 admit cards on the website’s homepage.
Here are the steps to download the hall ticket:
- Firstly, aspirants have to go to the official website of Punjab University.
- Click on the ‘home’ tab.
- You will see an admit card link on the homepage itself.
- Click on the ‘UG/PG admit card 2020’ according to your choice. Separate admit cards are there for PG and UG students.
- You will be redirected to a log in page.
- The log in page demands a log in ID and password to sign in
- Enter your log in ID and password. Log in ID and password is given to the candidate at the time of registration.
- After filling the ID and password, click ‘Sign in’ button.
- Once signed in successfully, PU CET admit card will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Download and save the document in your system. Take a print out on a A4 size white paper
- Candidates can also print out a few extra copies for future reference.
- If lost, no duplicate PU CET admit card is given to such candidate.
Be sure to reach the exam centre with this print out and other mentioned documents.
Details on the Admit Card
PU CET 2020 Admit Card works as a proof of identity at the examination venue. Necessary details about the candidate are present on PU CET admit card 2020. The invigilator verifies the candidate’s identity using the admit card at the exam venue. Failing to produce the admit card will disallow the student to take the exam.
The following details given on the admit card should be verified by the candidate:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Enrollment Number
- Examination center details
- Venue address
- Date and time of the exam
Check that all the personal details given on PU CET admit card is correct. Incorrect or mistyped information can lead the aspirant in trouble. The next section tells what to do in such case.
Discrepancy in PU CET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates are advised to check all the details mentioned on the admit card. It is important as incorrect details will not be accepted at the examination venue. The candidature is liable to cancelled if the identity cannot be verified using PU CET 2020 admit card.
In case any error is found on the admit card, the candidate should contact Punjab University immediately. The contact information is given below:
- Assistant Registrar (C.E.T)
0172-2534829 and 9872305760
- Controller of Examination
- Main Enquiry Office
0172-2534818, 2534819, 2534866 and 9779814088.
The timing to contact these is 10 AM to 5 PM as the office closes at 5 PM in the evening.
Documents Required with PU CET 2020 Admit Card
As per the Punjab University’s guidelines, candidates have to carry a document for verification of identity at the exam venue. The identity proof should contain a photograph of the candidate, so the officials can check it with the admit card.
These documents can work as the PoI (proof of identity):
- Voter ID Card
- Driving license
- Aadhar card or UID
- PAN Card
Failing to bring the document at the exam center prohibits the candidate to enter the examination hall.
PU CET 2020 Exam Center
The entrance exam to take admission into Punjab University’s UG and PG courses named PU CET is conducted only in the city of Chandigarh. No other cities are recognized as the exam centers.
Exam Day Instructions
PU CET 2020 is a pen and paper based analysis and an OMR sheet will be provided to mark the answers. Specially designed machines examine the OMR sheets, so suitable care should be taken while marking the answers.
Keep in mind these things on the day of the examination:
- Aspirants need to reach the allotted exam centre of PU CET 2020 at least an hour before the scheduled time.
- Entrants reaching test centre of PU CET 2020 after the scheduled time won’t be allowed in the examination hall under any condition.
- Students must carry the print out of PU CET 2020 admit card with them.
- Also, they need to carry the necessary document as proof of identity along with the hall ticket.
- Candidates have to darken the correct circle using a black or blue ballpoint pen.
- Use of pencil is barred.
- Incomplete or unfitting filling of the bubble leads to wrong or partial evaluation of the response.
- Cross marks, tick marks and, dot marks are not allowed.
- Do not overwrite or erase a marked response.
- Scrabbling or writing is not permitted on the OMR sheet.
- Use of White ink or Whitener is impermissible.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.