PU CET PG Merit List has been released on October 30, 2020. Candidates were to raise objection in the merit list by October 30, 2020 in case of any descripancies. Provisional Merit List will be released on November 20, 2020 after removal of objections and the final admission list will be released on November 03, 2020
PU CET UG 2020 Merit List (Revised) has been released for B.Sc (Hons) and B.Pharma on October 22, 2020. Candidates admissions is subjected to to document verifications. Candidates were given a time slot from October 23 – 27, 2020 to submit all the required document. The exam has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Hence, this year’s admission is totally based on the 10+2 Examination Result.
The last date for the Application Form was extended until August 9, 2020. Candidates who are qualified will be called for the counselling process of PU CET 2020. Punjab University is the most famous university that conducts the Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET), organized on the University level to grant entry in Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), B. Pharmacy, and B.Sc. (Hons.).
- Panjab University will publish PUCET result showing the list of ‘Qualified’ and ‘Not Qualified’ candidates for the following combinations of subjects:-
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Mathematics only.
- The cutoff percentage is 15% of the total marks for General category. Those candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, PwD need a minimum attainment of 10% (cut off) of total marks.
- Admissions to various courses will be made on the basis of merit only.
- The PUCET Percentile Score of the two streams will be evaluated independently. The final Merit List for the admission to B.Sc (Hons.) will be prepared by adding:
- CET percentile score with 75% weightage. (Cancelled for 2020 session)
- 10+2 examination marks will be given full weightage for preparation of merit list, and
- over and above weightage of NCC, NSS, etc. in terms of marks in the Qualifying Examination.
How to Check PU CET 2020 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps below to check the result of Panjab University 2020 for B.Sc programs:
- Visit the official website i.e. puchd.ac.in
- Click on Panjab university 2020 Results
- Candidates need to enter their Roll Number
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the Panjab university result 2020.
Panjab University 2020 Result - Merit Criteria
Merit List of Panjab University for PUCET 2020 will be prepared as under:
|Qualifying Examination (+2):||PU – CET (U.G.) Entrance Test:|
Normalization of Scores
- University has determined a set of norms to qualify candidates who score the same mark in the exam.
- Qualifying examination marks is considered to the highest in both the exams.
- In case of equal score, then candidates with the highest age are considered for the seat.
PU CET 2020 Cut off
PU CET cut off marks will be determined by the marks scored by candidate in the Common Entrance Test. PU CET Exam will be conducted for a total mark of 150 and for a total duration of two hours. Candidate will have to score a minimum of 15% to qualify for the exam. The minimum cut off required is as follows:
|Category||Qualifying Cut off|
Note: The cut off percentage might vary for a few courses in both UG and PG Programs
PU CET Counselling/ Admission 2020
The University will conduct the counselling for the candidates listed on the merit list from May 2020. The admission forms for the same will be available from May 16, 2020. All the applicants are to bring their original certificates, mark sheets and other relevant documents for verification during PU CET Counselling Process of Panjab University 2020 admission.
Documents Required at the time of Admission:
- 10th Mark Sheet as a proof of Date of Birth.
- 12th Mark Sheet and a passing Certificate.
- Category Certificate
- Admit card of PUCET 2020
- PUCET 2020 Scores
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.