PUCET UG 2021 Merit List
will be released on October 22, 2021 (tentatively). PUCET 2021 Counselling Round-2 will be scheduled to take place from September 11-10 will be postponed due to COVID-19 crisis (tentatively). New dates for 2nd Counselling will be announced soon. The exam has also been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The candidate will be evaluated on the basis of the score he/she has obtained during the 10+2 Exams. The last date for the Application Form will be extended until August 9, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates could raise objection against the tentative merit list till September 3, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates who are qualified will be called for the counselling process of PU CET 2021.
- The candidate will have to submit the Counselling fee either through online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline mode.
- The candidate will get a seat based on the PU CET 2021 merit list and provisional Admission letter.
- Candidates will have to report to the counselling centre within the stipulated time with all the required documents (10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card etc) and counselling fee.
- If the candidate fails to report on time or pay the counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected.
- Seats will be allotted online so Candidates can regularly check University Website.
- Candidates should carefully fill in the preferences and options. No change will be allowed after they have locked in their preference.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the Merit list on the Panjab University website.
- The Counselling process consists of three steps:
- Filling of Admission Form.
- Locking of Choices.
- Reporting to the College.
|Total Programs available||12|
|Total Participating Institutes||1|
|Total Seats available||408|
|NRI Seats available||Yes|
|Candidates Eligible for participating in PU CET UG 2021 Counselling||Candidates who have qualified the cut off of PU CET UG 2021 exam|
PU CET 2021 Counselling Schedule
In the below table, we are providing the official exam dates of PUCET 2021:
|Event||Dates (UG Courses) (tentative)||Dates (PG Courses) (tentative)|
|Result Declaration||to be Announced||to be Announced|
|Date of availability of online Admission Form||August 13, 2021||September 20, 2021|
|Last date of filling of online Admission Form||August 24, 2021||October 22, 2021|
|Last date of submission of hardcopy of Documents||to be notified||October 24, 2021|
|Display of Tentative Merit List||September 1, 2021||October 29, 2021|
|Dates for inviting objections regarding merit||September 2-3, 2021||October 30, 2021|
|Display of Provisional Merit List on Website & |
Release of Seat Allocation List
|September 5, 2021||November 02, 2021|
|Display of Provisional Admission List||-||November 03, 2021|
|Dates of reporting in the respective departments||September 7-8, 2021||November 14, 2021|
|Reporting of the vacant seats to the Admission Coordinator by the respective |
|to be notified||To be notified|
|Start of Teaching Classes||September 9, 2021||To be notified|
|Release of 2nd Seat Allocation List||September 10, 2021||To be notified|
|Dates of reporting in the respective departments||September 11-14, 2021||To be notified|
|Reporting of the vacant seats||to be notified||To be notified|
|Release of 3rd seat allocation List||to be notified||To be notified|
|Dates of reporting in the respective departments||to be notified||To be notified|
|Reporting of the vacant seats to the Admission Coordinator||to be notified||To be notified|
|Dates for Physical counselling||to be notified||To be notified|
PU CET UG 2021 Counselling Procedure
- You are advised not to disclose their login password to anyone.
- You are advised to check the updated Counselling schedule on the university website
- No Separate Interview / Counselling letter will be issued.
- No Waiting list shall be prepared
- You must download their Interview/Counselling letter, as no separate letter will be issued via post or email.
- The counselling process takes place in three stages, mentioned below:
- Seat Allocation List (1st online counselling)
- Seat Allocation List (2nd online counselling)
- Physical Counselling
Once the online counselling concludes, the University will release a merit list for Physical counselling. Candidates can check their names by visiting the official website of Panjab University. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to see if they have made it to the physical counselling or not:
- Visit the official website of Panjab University i.e. cetug.puchd.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Merit List (for Physical Counselling)’ under the main menu
- On clicking the link, the candidate will be able to see a list of courses with different categories
- The candidate needs to look for the course to which he/she has applied to, and the category to which he/she belongs
- On clicking the link, a merit list of candidates will appear on the screen
- The merit list will constitute of the following components:
- CET Roll Number
- Candidate Name
- Total Merit Marks
- CET Percentile / Marks
- +2 %age
- 10th Marks (%age)
Step Wise PU CET UG 2021 Counselling Process
Filling the Admission Form:
- A day after the result is announced, PU CET admission form is made available on the website.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form and send the hard copy to the exam authority.
Filling of Preferences:
- Applicants have to submit the counselling fee either in online or offline mode.
- The choice filling will take place in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates have to lock their choices, no correction is allowed one the preferences are locked.
- The distribution of seats is based PU CET 2021 Merit list.
- The same procedure is repeated for further rounds.
Reporting at the College:
- Qualified candidates have to report to the allotted college with the important documents and admission fee.
- If a candidate fails to report in the college on time, their admission will be cancelled.
- Three day time is given to the students to reach the college and get their admission confirmed.
- The reporting timings will be released by Panjab University.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling
Following documents are needed at the time of reporting. Candidates have to take these original documents with photocopies to the college:
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter
- Original Admit Card PUCET UG 2021
- Medical Examination Report
- Class X marks sheet
- Class XII marks sheet
- Category (OBC-NCL / SC / ST) certificate, if applicable
- PwD certificate, if applicable.
Top Colleges Affiliated to Punjab University
Since the PU university will be serving the society for more than a century, it has satisfied different educational needs of the society with distinction. Even now, the university is inviting eminent scholars from all over the world to interact with the students and faculty. Here’s a list of the top colleges of Punjab University.
- University Business School, [UBS] Chandigarh
- Mehr Chand Mahajan Dayanand Anglo Vedic College, [MCMDAV] Chandigarh
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, [UIET] Punjab University, Chandigarh
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- Dasmesh Girls College, [DGC] Hoshiarpur
- Lajpat Rai DAV College, [LRDAVC] Ludhiana
- Dev Samaj College For Women, [DSCW] Firozpur
- Babbar Akali Memorial Khalsa College, [BAMKC] Hoshiarpur
- AS College, [ASC] Khanna
- Sri Aurobindo College of Commerce and Management, [SACCM] Ludhiana
- Devki Devi Jain Memorial College for Women, [DDJMCW] Ludhiana
- Satish Chandra Dhawan Government College, [SCDGC] Ludhiana
- Swami Premanand Mahavidyalaya, [SPM] Hoshiarpur
- Guru Nanak Girls College, [GNGC] Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, [GNKCW] Ludhiana
Courses offered and Fees Structure*
|B.A. LL.B.||INR 62,800|
|B.Com LL.B||INR 62,800|
|PG DIPLOMA||INR 8,000|
Note: *This is not the complete list of courses offered by the university. Fees structure listed is an approximate value.
PU CET 2021 Participating Colleges
PU CET is Panjab University’s entrance exam. There are different courses offered by the University on the basis of PU CET UG rank. Students can take admission in B.Sc and B.Pharm courses, with the special subjects as follows:
|Physics (Specialization in Electronics)||20||03|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.