SNAP Selection Process 2021: The shortlisting of candidates for admission in MBA programs of the prestigious Symbiosis International University, is a 2-step procedure: SNAP Exam and SNAP GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Aptitude Test).
SNAP Selection Procedure will begin soon now that SNAP Result 2021 has been announced.
- Candidates must clear the overall and sectional cutoff to be qualified for these rounds. Check SNAP Cutoff
- The official schedule for further rounds of the selection process will be released shortly at snaptest.org.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SNAP GE-PI WAT based on their overall SNAP Percentile.
|Table of Contents|
Note: All 16 Institutes affiliated to SIU will release their own cutoff at to shortlist on their respective website.
SNAP Selection 2021 Date
|SNAP 2021 Exam Date||December 2021|
|Announcement of SNAP 2020 Result||January, 2022|
|Dates for GE-PI & WAT||3rd week of January 2022|
|Release of SNAP Final Merit List||4th week of February 2022|
SNAP Selection Process 2021 Part 1: Group Exercise (GE)
- After the conclusion of SNAP 2021, aspirants obtaining the minimum cutoff marks are called for GE round.
- It’s a process to screen the aspirants on the basis of their potential as well as their skills.
- Candidates will be tested based on their communication skills, tactfulness, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to stay focused and get the task done in the allotted time.
- In this round, a topic is allocated to a group of aspirants to discuss among themselves for 15-20 minutes.
- They are divided into groups and each group is given two case studies.
- Candidates get five minutes to go through the case study and 15 minutes to discuss and reach a consensus. On the basis of GE, aspirants are allowed to attend the PI round.
SNAP GE Experience
- The process begins by dividing aspirants into groups of 7-8 people and assigning each group to a group coordinator.
- Following that, aspirants are shown a video clip for our first GE exercise.
- Discussion is allowed on this topic for 7 minutes (Allotted time).
- After that, there is a break for 2 minutes and then the second GD starts.
Why is SNAP GE Conducted?
Group Exercises are meant to serve numerous purposes. These are:
- Test the candidate’s ability to work in a group
- Test the candidate's ability to communicate and plan with fellow teammates
- Analyse the potential of the candidate ina real life managerial situation
- Analyse the candidate's ability of team work and assess his/her leadership skills
- Test the candidate's ability to stay positive and make the right decisions under pressure
SNAP 2021 Selection Process Part 2: Personal Interaction (PI)
- The purpose of conducting a personal interview is to analyse the responses of an aspirant, his interpersonal, soft skills, confidence and thought clarity.
- Annexure and the other forms are provided to the aspirants.
- The interviewer may ask questions based on details you filled in Annexure and other information based on candidates’ academic qualifications.
SNAP 2021 Selection Procedure Part 3: Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Written Ability Test is a pen and paper exam. It may also be termed as an Essay Writing Test.
- It tests an aspirant’s writing skills clubbed with consistency & clarity and time management.
- WAT has been designed to basically test aspirants’ knowledge and richness of content.
- All aspirants have to write a short essay on a particular topic or case study given to them within 25 minutes.
SNAP WAT Experience
Prakriti Sharma, who secured admission to IIM Kozhikode, shared her experience. She says, “My topic for WAT was ‘all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery’. I wrote about the importance of democracy and talked about the 13th amendment brought by Lincoln. I talked of the Indian context as well and tried to touch upon as many different angles as possible.”
Jayesh Ruchandani, who secured admission to IIM Kashipur says that time allotted to him for WAT was 25 minutes out of which he spent around 13 minutes towards thinking and structuring the points and utilized remaining time in writing the essay. He also said that he was able to complete his WAT in around 20 minutes.
SNAP 2021 Merit List
- The final merit list will release in January 2021.
- Category-wise cut off for Merit List and Wait List will be displayed on the website of the respective institutes.
- Waitlist movement depends upon the vacant seats available.
- It is prepared by SIU on the basis of marks scored in SNAP and GE/PIWAT rounds.
- It must be noted that SNAP Test is of 150 marks, which is scaled down to 50 marks during SNAP Selection Process.
Tabulated below is the weightage of marks given to all stages of SNAP Selection Procedure while preparing the merit list:
|SNAP Score||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
The final merit list will contain names of all selected candidates. They will be offered a seat in MBA/PGPM program in any one of SNAP Participating Colleges. All these colleges come under Symbiosis International University, which is considered to be a renowned university in India.
SNAP Colleges 2021
SNAP 2021 Cutoff
SNAP 2021 cutoff can be predicted from the cutoff of previous year:
SNAP Selection Process FAQs
Ques: Apart from registering for SNAP, do I need to separately apply to B-school programs?
Ans: Yes, apart from registering for SNAP, you need to separately apply to B-school programs. The Registration fee for each Institute and for each program is INR 1000.
Ques: What is the starting date of the SNAP selection process?
Ans: SNAP selection process will start from the third week of January.
Ques: What is the procedure of shortlisting the candidates for admission?
Ans: It is a two-step process:
- SNAP exam
- GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Aptitude Test)
Ques: On what basis merit list of candidates would be prepared?
Ans: Merit list will be prepared on the basis of SNAP score, GE, PI and WAT carrying 50, 10, 30 and 10 marks
Ques: Who will be releasing SNAP merit list?
Ans: Symbiosis International University (SIU) will be releasing SNAP merit list on the basis of marks scored in SNAP and GE/PIWAT rounds.
Ques: How many seats do SIBM, Pune offers?
Ans: SIBM, Pune offers 220 seats in total.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.